• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Onemic

I know what you mean, playing on stick really does make movement a pain especially online. Backdash cancel into block? No, the system still reads that I'm backdashing and I'll eat the attack since I hastily repeated the input because of the lag! Same thing with sidestepping, sometimes I don't see the sidestep come out and I repeat but then the system reads it as a jump, and hence resulting in me tearing numerous strnads of hair out of my head.

Ah, I was wondering why it felt so frustrating doing simple moves with a stick. So is the game better suited to a controller then? And why is that considering the game came out in arcades first, which is obviously defaulted to a stick.

Interesting. The first 3DS game was lacking in content so if they can make this content heavy, then I'm sure this can turn out great.

After SFIV: 3D edition I'm convinced fighting games just aren't suited for the 3DS. The Dpad is that bad. Just release it for the Vita.

AAK

New Tekken for 3DS is on the way?

What do you think guys?

I find the fact that TxSF's console is listed TBA more surprising than another Tekken 3DS! Probably a next gen title?

Ah, I was wondering why it felt so frustrating doing simple moves with a stick. So is the game better suited to a controller then? And why is that considering the game came out in arcades first, which is obviously defaulted to a stick.

There was once upon a time where the arcade cabinets had ports for dual shock pads. I suppose ever since Tekken lost the sony exclusivity they got rid of it? But hence, there's a market of people that play it at the arcades in Japan/Korea and they take advantage of it. Also, stick does have s ome advantages for players that require to wave dash like Mishima's, King's, etc. But hence for everything else, pad sufficiently does the job and is easier overall.

Onemic

I find the fact that TxSF's console is listed TBA more surprising than another Tekken 3DS! Probably a next gen title?

There was once upon a time where the arcade cabinets had ports for dual shock pads. I suppose ever since Tekken lost the sony exclusivity they got rid of it? But hence, there's a market of people that play it at the arcades in Japan/Korea and they take advantage of it. Also, stick does have s ome advantages for players that require to wave dash like Mishima's, King's, etc. But hence for everything else, pad sufficiently does the job and is easier overall.

hmmm, so I guess I should switch then unless I'm playing Jin/Kazuya/Devil Jin? (Not interested in Heihachi)

AAK

They're both fine. Go with whatever you prefer and find more comfortable. It's a general consensus that movement is easier on a pad, but not necessarily for everyone. Everyone has their preferences. Despite finding movement easier on pad I continue to play on stick because I find it integral to AKing's crouch dash mixups.

One thing is for sure though.... Pad is definitely more convenient to use being less bulky and noisy.

EDIT: And just because I find stick better for crouch dash character doesn't mean others don't. Italy's Devil Kazuya has some really solid Mishima play for being a pad player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOGOmBxtdH8

I don't think it has to do with the graphics as much. I'm no networking expert but from what I understand is that every given moment one player sends packets of data to the other over the internet. Those packets of data contain everything from the input, to the state stun of the player, the running or walking state, the counter hit state, the crouching or grounded state, etc, etc. Because tekken has an astronomical amount of different types of states any given player can be in at a given time, these packets of data need to contain all of that data. Because that piece of data is so massive Tekken lags so much more than other fighting games despite investing so much into the netcode.

Hence because these "packets" are already even larger in TTT2 considering there are 2 characters per team this time, my fears aren't subdued yet.

With that being said, it would be unacceptable if TTT2 netcode is worse than VF5:FS

Onemic

They're both fine. Go with whatever you prefer and find more comfortable. It's a general consensus that movement is easier on a pad, but not necessarily for everyone. Everyone has their preferences. Despite finding movement easier on pad I continue to play on stick because I find it integral to AKing's crouch dash mixups.

One thing is for sure though.... Pad is definitely more convenient to use being less bulky and noisy.

EDIT: And just because I find stick better for crouch dash character doesn't mean others don't. Italy's Devil Kazuya has some really solid Mishima play for being a pad player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOGOmBxtdH8

I'll just switch to pad then, since I already find stick a little frustrating doing simple moves and having them come out as something else.(sidestepping especially) Is the wave dash thing for the mishimas the same as it is in SFxT? If so doing it on pad will be no problem at all for me.

AAK

Wave dashing in Tekken is x100000 harder than in SFxT Lol. SFXT is just the first f,n,d,d/f and then into qcf,qcf,qcf,qcf repeatedly. In Tekken you have to get the neutral for every wavedash. And hence because of that there's so much variation in the level of wavedashing people can do. Give me a sec. I'll show you some examples.

EDIT: It's hard to find good examples...

but here is masterful wavedashing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3epQmb3mmA4

Just watch the whole set. The way Main st Ryu simply wavedashes forward completely shutting out whatever his opponent has is mesmerizing.

And finding a mediocre wavedashing... the best I could find with the limited time:

http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle/b/314921588

The first guy playing attempts to wavedash here and there but it's no where to the level of video above. Others can probably give you better examples :p

BHK3

Banned
tekkenyt.jpg
@_@

Sayah

^
Yes, that was posted earlier. I WANT IT ALL.

Can anyone guesstimate how much that might cost? I was hoping to get both DoA5 and TTT2 but may have to skip out on DoA if this CE costs too much.

AAK

Maximum $90 IMO.

But something tells me NA will get something different. For Tekken 6 I believe Europe got the Hoodie deal exclusively, maybe that's the equivalent of this WAT deal?

As for DOA, I might plunge when it's cheaper, I'm thinking of getting into Anarchy Reigns as my other 3D fighting game. Also, I'm going to buy VF5 just to support it, $15 is an awesome deal for it. After that I'll be tackling TTT2, VF5, SFxT, Anarchy Reigns, Skullgirls, and KOF13 simultaneously. Honestly no room for more :p.

EDIT2: As for the Art book, when I heard that it's only 200 pages, I got kinda sad, since then the majority of it is going to be the CGI's plust the 3 artists. While I want them all, I was hoping it'll have some of the concept art for each character like the SSFIV, Tekken 6, and SFxT artbooks:

83971X6.JPG

Super_Street_Fighter_IV_Artbook_01_03.jpg

tekken-6-collector-07_00024148.jpg

And unfortunately, I know it'll be impossible to put in with just the remaining 20 pages which I'm sure will probably just be taken up by CGI images among other things. :(

Onemic

Wave dashing in Tekken is x100000 harder than in SFxT Lol. SFXT is just the first f,n,d,d/f and then into qcf,qcf,qcf,qcf repeatedly. In Tekken you have to get the neutral for every wavedash. And hence because of that there's so much variation in the level of wavedashing people can do. Give me a sec. I'll show you some examples.

EDIT: It's hard to find good examples...

but here is masterful wavedashing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3epQmb3mmA4

Just watch the whole set. The way Main st Ryu simply wavedashes forward completely shutting out whatever his opponent has is mesmerizing.

And finding a mediocre wavedashing... the best I could find with the limited time:

http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle/b/314921588

The first guy playing attempts to wavedash here and there but it's no where to the level of video above. Others can probably give you better examples :p

hmmm just got back home so I'll try practicing it now.

EDIT: I see what you mean now. It's gonna take some getting used to. Tried it on pad and while I can do it faster than I can on stick, I'm also less accurate. Sidestepping is a piece of cake though, so I dunno what to stick with...

AAK

Start with a simpler character than work you way up ;) Just like how everyone first plays Ryu in a 2D game and then finds someone else to main.

Wavedashing is a technique that literally does take over 50 legitimate hours of hardcore practice to just grasp at first. And then to reach the level of Main St Ryu in a match setting IMO takes years lol.

In other news, More customizations coming to TTT2U in 7 days:

image.html

Degen said:
and now I won't be happy until I get Matrix Agent Bryan in the next game

While not exactly Smith:

bryan01.jpg

bryan05.jpg

They can be colored black.

And then there's the generic hair items, i.e.

mhead11.jpg

All that's left is some black sunglasses (which I'm sure will be in), a tie, and an earpiece.

Onemic

Thats why I'm using Lars :D. But I always thought Jin/Kazuya were supposed to be the entry characters that most people would be familiar with, since they are always the main featured characters in the game and box art.

Jintor

Direct from my email box! Some of the questions provided by TekkenGAF!

8. Will the ability to replace character art on the select screen with 2D illustrations as in the arcades be ported over to consoles?
筐体上で、キャラクターアートを2Dイラストに替える機能について、家庭用でも対応するのでしょうか?

もちろん。 家庭用で追加するキャラクターの絵も追加しておくよ!
初めて見る人にはとても魅力的に映ると思うな!

Of course! We even added illustrations for characters that are new to the console version!
We have included very appealing illustrations for people who have not seen them!

9. With Tekken's traditional plethora of content, is it likely that those with previous games (Tekken Hybrid, for example) will be rewarded for franchise loyalty in Tag 2?
鉄拳はとてもたくさんのコンテンツがありますが、前作(例えば、ハイブリッド)を持っている人は、タッグ2を買って恩恵を受けるしくみでしょうか?

いまのところ何ともいえないな。
やっぱり今回から買っても得するようにはしたいからね。
特に「Pre-Order」してくれた人が恩恵を受けれるしくみにしたいと考えている。
1%でも興味があるなら、絶対Pre-Orderする事をお薦めするね。

As of now I can not say anything.
Of course I want to add an incentive for those who purchase TEKKEN.
I am currently thinking of a way to reward players, especially for those who pre-order the game. Even if someone is only 1% interested, I would definitely recommend pre-ordering TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2.

13. What countries are the new stages going to be based on?
新ステージはどこの国をベースにするのでしょうか?

いろんな国だよ!今回の新ステージはそれぞれの国の場所やイメージを強く意識して作っている。

Many different countries! The new stages have been created with a deep consideration of each countries area and image.

17. How far is Namco going with extra features? Will we see a campaign mode as in Mortal Kombat 9, or is the Fight Lab the extent of the additional game modes?
追加のモードに関して、どのくらいのレベルまでナムコは考えているのでしょうか?モータルコンバット9でのキャンペーンモードのようなものはあるのでしょうか?それともFight Labが追加のゲームモードとして扱われているのでしょうか?

Fight Labはもちろん追加のゲームモードのひとつだ。
あと、各キャラクターで期待されているエンディングムービーなんかも今回は尺が長いし、それぞれ凝ってるよ。
まだ話してないモードもあるしね。
何より、最終的なキャラクターの数やステージの数を聞いたら、モードなんて言葉はふっとぶぐらい、ボリュームに驚くよ。
どう考えてもこのパッケージはお買い得だね。

Of course the fight lab is one of the extra modes we added.
We also made each of the anticipated characters ending movies long and elaborate.
There is also a mode we have not revealed yet.
Above all else, when players hear the number of players and stages we added, they will be so surprised that they will be out of words a at the volume we have included in this game.
Whichever way you look at it, this is quite a bargain.

12. Can you tell us anything about replay mode or record functionality in Training mode? Will recordings be able to be exported to YouTube or in .mp4 format, for example?
トレーニングモードのリプレイモード、或いは録画機能について教えていただけますか?例えば、録画をして、Youtubeやmp4フォーマットにエクスポートする事は可能でしょうか?

これはまた別の機会に答えるよ。

I will answer this another time.

Sorry, that's all I'm willing to provide - I need the rest of this info!

AAK

But I always thought Jin/Kazuya were supposed to be the entry characters that most people would be familiar with, since they are always the main featured characters in the game and box art.

Jin, sure. His wavedash game isn't that important. Here is Justframejames (famous SoCal Law player) using Jin relatively effectively without too much wavedashing... all about backdash cancelling! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejebM0UouVI

Kazuya on the other hand.... that may have been true in Tekken 1 and Tekken 2. Fortunately a man named Jang Iksu discovered what could be done with Mishima's wavedashing in TTT1... and then everything changed. LOL. But I like that way of thinking, :).

Oh wow, THANKS! When can we hear the rest of the interview! :)

EDIT: And I dug up all the questions TekkenGAF asked:

Will the ability to replace character art on the select screen with 2D illustrations (Like in the arcades) be ported over to the console versions?

EDIT: Also, will owning Tekken Hybrid carry over any rewards or goodies to the TTT2 console version?

Nice! My questions:
1. When can we expect to see new character reveals? E3? Maybe sooner?
2. The new stages in the console version are mentioned to be locations based in certain countries? Which countries are they?
3. When does he plan on releasing footage for TKXSF?

Can you ask how far Namco is going with the extras? Will it have a campaign mode that can rival MK9, or have a cool extra like Tekken 5 Devil's Within.
Also can you ask if they are considering adding one or two SF characters as a tease for TXSF?

1. Where on the select screen are they going to shove in all the new characters? The screen already is filled to the brim along with the stage select screen. Will there be a completely new select screen at console release?

2. With the console exclusive characters, have you taken the competitive scene in arcades and tournaments into consideration? Like for instance will tournaments have to resort to banning console exclusive characters since arcade communities will not be able to get match-up experience against said characters for instance.

3. Can we play local vs mode with both players having separate customizations? In Tekken 6, you could customize player 1 but the second player was stuck with default costumes. Hopeful to alleviate that issue?

4. Will there be separate ranks for Offline and Online or will this be identical to Tekken 6? (Offline only to 1st Dan and the rest online only) People like to rank up all the way to Tekken God and Divine Fist without having to go online ya know.

5. Any hints at what the other 'yet to be revealed' characters might be? Can we finally see Kunimitsu and Michelle again? Or will some choices come out of nowhere like Shin Kamiya. (wussy)

6. We've seen light blue, solid green and dark blue fading into white colors for the life bars. Can we get a color slider for this already? (or confirmation on the thing)

7. Since we're 'borrowing' SC5's netcode can we also expect other bells and whistles similiar to SC5? Like the chat screen lobbies and such.

8. Will Replay Mode be expanded? We had a pretty 'meh' one in Tekken 6 can we expect improvements on the thing? How about exporting replays to .mp4 formats for instance?

9. Training mode, can we get the 'record function' back again? Community misses it badly.

10. PC Port plz.

If you can ask him these
1- When will we learn of the 'extra characters' for the console ver.?
2- Seeing as the game has 1v1, can we play Team Battle with 1v1?
3- Will visual presentation gain some sacrifices in the PS3 ver.?

Can we make lobbies in online mode that ban Combot?

What is the resolution of TTT2, is it still sub-HD as T6 and Prologue?

How many teams does Namco have working on Tekken? Who is responsible for updating the Arcade, Tekken WiiU, TTT2 Console, Tekken x Street Fighter?

1. Will it be easier to unlock customization items this time around? Will we still have to buy different color versions of the same item separately?
2. Any chances of seeing a special edition for the game? What could it include?

I want to know if Combot will be banned in online ranked matches..........or at least let there be a method for filtering out any Combot players.

Edit: oh, also, I want to know if there's a way for filtering out matches to only play 2v2, for instance. I want to play ranked matches with a tag team but don't want to be forced to have to face someone using only one character. Or at least the game should let us know ahead of time that the opponent is using a solo character so we can just reject the match before it begins.

ARGH!!! I forgot to ask about 2P default outfits!!!!

CSX

Thats why I'm using Lars :D. But I always thought Jin/Kazuya were supposed to be the entry characters that most people would be familiar with, since they are always the main featured characters in the game and box art.

And these people suffer for it. Jin doesnt have much of a wavedashing emphasis like other mishimas but hes pretty much all Defense and poking which as an entry character is a turnoff. Kazuya is a mishima so hes advanced character from the start. A true entry character would be...Paul. Get people enticed through that glorious deathfist.

Onemic

And these people suffer for it. Jin doesnt have much of a wavedashing emphasis like other mishimas but hes pretty much all Defense and poking which as an entry character is a turnoff. Kazuya is a mishima so hes advanced character from the start. A true entry character would be...Paul. Get people enticed through that glorious deathfist.

Jins game sounds a whole lot like ryu's. Anyway, I think ill just stivk to stick instead of pad. The problem now is deciding whether to main lars or jin...jin has and always will be my fav tekken character from a canon standpoint, but lars is super fun to use...if jin is really all about pokes and defence I guess it might be better to go to him as I main ryu in sf who is all about defence/zoning/pokes?

Sayah

Got the Tekken Tag HD platinum in one sitting, lol.

Awesome. Thank you!

Oh wow, THANKS! When can we hear the rest of the interview! :)

EDIT: And I dug up all the questions TekkenGAF asked:

And thanks for compiling those.

Maximum $90 IMO.

But something tells me NA will get something different. For Tekken 6 I believe Europe got the Hoodie deal exclusively, maybe that's the equivalent of this WAT deal?

As for DOA, I might plunge when it's cheaper, I'm thinking of getting into Anarchy Reigns as my other 3D fighting game. Also, I'm going to buy VF5 just to support it, $15 is an awesome deal for it. After that I'll be tackling TTT2, VF5, SFxT, Anarchy Reigns, Skullgirls, and KOF13 simultaneously. Honestly no room for more :p.

$90 wouldn't be too bad. I should be able to get DoA if it's that much or less.
And wow, completely forgot about that Anarchy Reigns game. Probably won't buy that till it drops to $20, though. Also depends on reviews.

AAK

At the same time, sometimes Jin's wavedashing does come into play :)

You have to look at the character how they use the homing moves, the punishers, the okizeme setups, among other things. Also, both players were using pad ;)

Lars and Jin sounds like a good combo :)

Found that Lars player that plays in complete simplicity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4kF1QXeSI4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnl_HHa5Iog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4hLFOly350&t=3m55s

All about backdashing, sidestepping f+1+2, and then with smart pokes with Lars's ridiculous arsenal (And punishing whatever's unsafe or whiff's accordingly as well of coarse)

And wow, completely forgot about that Anarchy Reigns game. Probably won't buy that till it drops to $20, though. Also depends on reviews.

From watching it I know I'll enjoy it, the only thing that's the defining factor for me is the netcode :/

Sayah

So nominees for best fighter this year (so far):

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (WINNNNNAR)
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Street Fighter X Tekken
Skullgirls
Dead or Alive 5
Anarchy Reigns
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition (LOOOOOSER lol)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (WINNNNNAR)
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Street Fighter X Tekken
Anarchy Reigns
Skullgirls
Dead or Alive 5
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition [
Reality Fighters (LOOOOOSER lol)

All I did was move Anarchy Reigns over Skullgirls and made Tekken 3D a little less of a loser and the list is ordered the way I like it :)

Sayah

All I did was move Anarchy Reigns over Skullgirls and made Tekken 3D a little less of a loser and the list is ordered the way I like it :)
I didn't really intend to order it from high to low. I just thought of Tekken 3D and Blazblue later and edited them in towards the end. But still, nice coincident that the ordering closely matched your actual ranking of the games, hahaha. :p

Degen

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (WINNNNNAR) - we're already done here

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown - so it's like vf5 with a patch right

Street Fighter X Tekken

Skullgirls - props to this game. hate the art style but the gameplay is solid

Dead or Alive 5 - we'll see if it has more than "new graphics" going for it

Anarchy Reigns - this counts? i guess so. may have to buy it just for that

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - no third-party characters, no deal

Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend - so they're all like calamity trigger with a patch right

Tekken 3D: Prime Edition (LOOOOOSER lol) - i'll take Sayah's word for it lol
So really it's between TTT2 and Girl Fight TBQH

I didn't really intend to order it from high to low. I just thought of Tekken 3D and Blazblue later and edited them in towards the end. But still, nice coincident that the ordering closely matched your actual ranking of the games, hahaha. :p

yeah i didnt think you ordered them that way :p

anywho, I think SFxT gets too much beef. I expect people to fall in love with it post Evo once high level play is thrown around more.

Sayah

anywho, I think SFxT gets too much beef. I expect people to fall in love with it post Evo once high level play is thrown around more.

I have a love-hate relationship with SFXT. At moments, I will be really glad I have it. At other moments, I want it to sell it on Amazon or something.

So really it's between TTT2 and Girl Fight TBQH

Never played Tekken 3D. Just basing that off of reviews. >_>
I think if it wins any awards, it'll probably be for best 3DS fighter because it'll be the only one in the category. lol.
Although, after Tekken 6, I probably shouldn't be trusting the general consensus of the gaming media.

I also have to buy Skullgirls at some point.

BHK3

Banned

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (WINNNNNAR) 1st place
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown I'll look into it but I dunno if it's my kind of game, when did VF5 come out like 5 years?
Street Fighter X Tekken Nope
Skullgirls Good gameplay wasted on horrible characters
Dead or Alive 5 Never liked doa
Anarchy Reigns Good netcode, gets 3rd place from me
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Not coming this year, no way
Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend imitating capcom the worst way, nty
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition (LOOOOOSER lol) well..it's tekken on the go so I guess thats something

If I like VF then that'll be 2nd place from me. Anarchy is fail by default because bayonettas in it but if it has good netcode then it's 3rd place.

Sayah

I'll pass comments as well, I guess.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (WINNNNNAR) GAME OF THE GENERATION
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Not that experienced in the series but will definitely support Sega with this.
Street Fighter X Tekken As already said, love-hate.
Skullgirls Have yet to try it.
Dead or Alive 5 LOOKS so amazing
Anarchy Reigns Waiting for price drop.
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Interesting.....If it has Smash bros. level of fun, I'll definitely be buying. But something tells me Sony will fail because they always fail when they copy Nintendo.
Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend Could never get into Blazblue.
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition (LOOOOOSER lol) Probably should have had more content

If I like VF then that'll be 2nd place from me. Anarchy is fail by default because bayonettas in it but if it has good netcode then it's 3rd place.

You don't like Bayonetta's cheesy acting? lol

The lack of a mention for Persona 4 Arena saddens me. Honestly these next few months are gonna be intense. June Is VF5FS and Lollipop Chainsaw. July Is Anarchy Reigns. August is Persona 4 Arena. September is TTT2 of course! and DOA5. October is Resident Evil 6. All that on top of still needing to purchase SCV, Skull Girls, and SFxT(will probably get once "dlc" characters are available.) Not to mention I'm still in love with UMvC3 and still barely scratching the surface of KOFXIII.

Long story short, its an insane year for fighters and other games too haha. In the end I think TTT2(for sure) and P4 Arena will end up being my main games.

Oh and great news about the illustrations. Let's see what Shuna Yamashita has in store for Angel, Kuni, and Michelle.

AAK with dat front page status on zaibatsu =)

Onemic

With EVO forcing only 2v2's only and with other locals now following suit, I think the final nail in the coffin might already have been dealt.

Btw, are there any Tekken 6/TTT2 streams on Twitch?

AAK

SCV is great guys, I don't know why the fuck nobody plays it here.

Man you're right, I had every intention of picking that game up. It's just that new years hit and I already shelled out all my money to get KOF13 + Tekken Hybrid + Pre-ordered SFxT that I just left that to the side for a while. And I'll be honest, I wasn't overly hyped since a lot of the new characters announced didn't wow me and the fighting styles that I found interesting had some iffy character design. And when I found out that the game was legitimately received very well by everyone I was already juggling too many games at that point... Already choosing VF5 & Anarchy Reigns over DOA5 so more concessions will have to be made.

With EVO forcing only 2v2's only and with other locals now following suit, I think the final nail in the coffin might already have been dealt.

Btw, are there any Tekken 6/TTT2 streams on Twitch?

Aris occasionally does Tekken 6 streams biweekly on fridays, calling them Electric Wind God Fridays:

http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle

There won't be one for a few weeks because I believe MLG among other tournaments are upcoming and Aris is gonna be busy making preparations for those.

As for TTT2U steams, I have no clue :p. I usually just check out the Tekken Busters episodes once they're released. Episode 3 should be out anytime now. I suppose SBO will be the next big thing that will be streamed. I'm sure USD will make a thread about it when it'll happen.

With EVO forcing only 2v2's only and with other locals now following suit, I think the final nail in the coffin might already have been

I dont know. I'm mostly excited at this idea. I posted a thread months back discussing the difference in dynamics of if team play was present at tournament level fighting. I like individuals fighting but love the notions of teams.

I'll be at Evo looking forward to it, anyone else goin?

AAK

(sigh), not me.

And while I too would have loved a 2v2 tournament, I thought it was unwise for it to completely replace 1v1.

Onemic

Ya I've been following avoidingthepuddle for a little while now, but aris doesn't seem to be very active in streaming recently, probably for the reasons you mentioned. Is that the only t6 stream though? Considering tekken is the most popular fgc franchise in the world, I would have thought there would be a more active streaming community even though no one in NA really plays it that much.

I dont know. I'm mostly excited at this idea. I posted a thread months back discussing the difference in dynamics of if team play was present at tournament level fighting. I like individuals fighting but love the notions of teams.

I'll be at Evo looking forward to it, anyone else goin?

It's not that the idea of 2v2 isn't interesting, but that completely removing the option of 1v1 pretty much severely limits the amount of players that would be able to compete. Not everyone has a buddy close by that has the available time so that the two of you can practice together to enter locals or regionals. That access is limited to a few within the community and limiting the game to only them destroys a huge part of the existing audience and prevents a huge portion of newcomers to try and compete as well. Add to that the huge backlash the game is getting from the fgc and you're looking at a recipe for disaster. I really think this change is the thing that will finally do sfxt in. I don't expect to see the game featured at evo next year.

AAK

Ya I've been following avoidingthepuddle for a little while now, but aris doesn't seem to be very active in streaming recently, probably for the reasons you mentioned. Is that the only t6 stream though? Considering tekken is the most popular fgc franchise in the world, I would have thought there would be a more active streaming community even though no one in NA really plays it that much.

Stream culture is mostly prominent in the North American and European areas. TTT2 is only out in Korea/Japan/Taiwan/China/Australia/Phillipines/Indonesia/etc. All in the pacific region. I'm sure there are occasional streams from Japan and such, but we don't really hear about due to the language barrier. And as for Tekken 6, it's first Arcade version was released in 2007, so it is kinda old, and people would rather be playing more recent games.

Sayah

The lack of a mention for Persona 4 Arena saddens me. Honestly these next few months are gonna be intense. June Is VF5FS and Lollipop Chainsaw. July Is Anarchy Reigns. August is Persona 4 Arena. September is TTT2 of course! and DOA5. October is Resident Evil 6. All that on top of still needing to purchase SCV, Skull Girls, and SFxT(will probably get once "dlc" characters are available.) Not to mention I'm still in love with UMvC3 and still barely scratching the surface of KOFXIII.

Long story short, its an insane year for fighters and other games too haha. In the end I think TTT2(for sure) and P4 Arena will end up being my main games.

Oh and great news about the illustrations. Let's see what Shuna Yamashita has in store for Angel, Kuni, and Michelle.

AAK with dat front page status on zaibatsu =)
Oh man. I forgot about P4A and SCV. That makes 10-11 fighters. Have there ever been SO many quality fighters released in a single year?

Damn. I will have to try to put aside money for P4A. Also wanted to get SCV but no money. :(

Tekken Busters Episode 3 magnet link is up:

Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5968852D19C4FAE1DE290AF140E3C08B49C6684C&dn=%ed%85%8d%eb%b2%848%ea%b0%953%ed%9a%8c%ec%b0%a8%20%282%29.zip&tr=http%3a//tracker.prq.to%3a80/announce

1336526989138azkho.gif

Sayah

Well, I watched the first three parts. Parts 2 and 3 are cut off at the end. Wanted to watch the complete matches. And the video quality isn't as good this time. :/

Anyway, that Yoshi + Alisa player sure was something.

AAK

Damn, I think the guy who was ripping the videos stopped recording during those key moments :(

Those were some crazy hype matches. Even though team No.1 lost, that was some crazy Kazuya setups in clutch situations by Aek. Especially against misty where he landed a wgf but he knew that full life juggle with tag assault was going to get screwed up by the axes with the wall, so he just did an EWGF post bound and then walked up and did the ground lasers... something his opponent would never have expected.

Also, Najin empire is the definite heel in this show. They have 2 teams of clones, I desperately want them to loose!

Sayah

Yeah, first I saw Kuma/Panda and I just thought "whatever" and then I saw Christie/Eddy and I was like "really now?" I skip the player intros so I didn't know 2/3 of the team used clones. Was mentally rooting for the other team the whole time anyway, lol.

Dat Kazuya was pretty boss too.

Degen

The tag mechanic makes it ten times cooler to watch. I usually get bored spectating a lot of T6 fights lol

pre-post edit

FALl5.png

YESSS

please do well

Top Bottom