• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Manny can you get with me in Practice mode online, on stream if you want, and show me what's going on, or even AAK

Not right now, in the future

sasuke_91

Good games Doomshine and Numbatista. Very fun session. Constant back and forth. I didn't even notice that we played for more than two hours^^

Numb

Good games Doomshine and Numbatista. Very fun session. Constant back and forth. I didn't even notice that we played for more than two hours^^

Two hours? i thought 50 minutes.
One day i will get your ling man.
Facing ganryu, zafina and wang are rare for me. GGs Doomshine

Manbig

Manny can you get with me in Practice mode online, on stream if you want, and show me what's going on, or even AAK

Not right now, in the future

Sorry for not responding sooner. I fell asleep a few minutes after making that last post. Sure, I don't mind.

That extends to anyone else here also. I don't wanna play actual matches all that much, but I'm pretty much always down to hit up online training mode to explain stuff.

sasuke_91

Are the True Ogre/Asuka/Julia sweeps safe on block?

Asuka's sweep (3~4) is -18
Julia has a quick sweep which is -12. That double sweep is launch punishable though.
True Ogre's d4 is -18. His double sweep is safe on block though.

Guys I'm actually considering to sit down and try to learn how to wavedash. The input would be f,n,d,df over and over again, wouldn't it? Any tips about how to tackle this?

GrayFoxPL

After f,n,d,df repeating f,n, qcf is supposedly enough for Mishimas, but for other characters may be more strict. I'm just too weak to input this so fast but afaik it's all in muscle memory. You can't really look at character frames and react visually, the hand/fingers must just repeat the twirl pattern like a machine.

Btw Kaz can't wavedash with just f,n,df.

sasuke_91

You can't really look at character frames and react visually, the hand/fingers must just repeat the twirl pattern like a machine.
A lot like bdc then. I don't know if you noticed, but I tried it a few times when we played earlier. It didn't work :p
I try to work a lot on my movement with sidesteps and wavedash amd stuff like that.
And good games. Today was a lot of fun. Very even matches.

GrayFoxPL

A lot like bdc then. I don't know if you noticed, but I tried it a few times when we played earlier. It didn't work :p
I try to work a lot on my movement with sidesteps and wavedash amd stuff like that.
And good games. Today was a lot of fun. Very even matches.

Yeah, I tried a slightly different approach when we fought and I like it. Gonna slowly implement new elements to my playstyle.

I'm another Euro-Tekken player (UK)

PSN: Spuck-uk

I'm legit not very good, not even trying to be humble.

Welcome! I'll add you tomorrow.

sasuke_91

Yeah, I tried a slightly different approach when we fought and I like it. Gonna slowly implement new elements to my playstyle.
Your defense was very solid. If it wasn't for those little Xiaoyu traps or the mix-ups I would have lost a lot more matches.

@Spuck-uk: Welcome :) I'll add you.

AAK

iKdt2S3UO24wW.gif

JDCR's execution... <3

That's 3 duck cancel iWS+1 in one combo!

Manbig

People in KTA trying to tell me that Kaz, Capos, and Jinpachi have better WS launchers than Bob's WS2,1. What a fucking joke.

Getting real tired of PSN's bullshit. Second day in a row I've incurred a disconnect penalty because of upload failure. Shit even freezes the console.

Numb

Getting real tired of PSN's bullshit. Second day in a row I've incurred a disconnect penalty because of upload failure. Shit even freezes the console.

Been getting an 800 error for 2yrs now where it disconnects me when i play tekken and nothing else.
It happens less often now nowadays which is awwesome. I think it started happening around the time they shut down the WTF website.

Manbig

Is WS2,1 hit confirmable?

Nah, it's not.

My point is that the move is incredibly versatile and the fact that it is launch punishable on block is almost a non factor since you're not using the move as a mix up. When used properly, the only time that it should be punished is a mistimed whiff/duck punish, which is purely your own fault and not the move's.

They're just all like "Capos have 13f WS punisher!"

But it's a high.

"Kaz has Twin Pistons and that is faster!:

1 to 2 frames faster depending on range, which is great, but the range is garbage, the damage is low in comparison to what Bob gets, and it doesn't have that TA glitch.

"I haven't seen anyone except Saint use the TA glitch and it wasn't all that great, so I don't believe it's that useful!"

Saint used it with Ganryu, so I don't know how he can capitalize off if it, but I do know that Marduk and Nina get a lot more damage and wall carry with it, and in Nina's case, it's not really hard to execute.

For every other example that these people bring up, Bob's WS2,1 does two or more things better than that move. It's just WAY too versatile.

Manbig

ws+2,1 also leads to an untechable reset...

That's what I mean when I say TA glitch.

Other stuff it has going for it:

- A lot of range.
- Still able to juggle if it hits people out of the air.
- Keeps him ducking for the whole duration of the first hit, so you don't have to worry about exchanging with or getting interrupted by highs.
- At 14f is faster than average WS launcher speed.
- High damage launcher that doesn't limit your juggle.
- With the high float, tag buffer can give unique options that score more damage depending on your partner.

All of that on top of the TA reset glitch.

Have they started using this alot ? I heard Rickstah was going to use this but it seemed very hard and gave up due to him not being consistent at it.

From my understanding, Rickstah was planning on using it with Nina, which is a character with hard execution that he hardly used in the first place. Anyone who is already used to using Nina won't have many issues getting it down.

Here's my Marduk example:

http://youtu.be/KkS4kWdG8Mk

While Marduk probably gets the most damage off of it, he's also one of the hardest to utilize it execution wise. I practiced it myself twice.

The first time I practiced it for about an hour on my very laggy TV while streaming. I believe Ninth Pixel can vouch for me here. I had a lot of trouble connecting it, but towards the end, I was getting more and more consistent with it. This is on a very laggy TV and my terrible execution.

The second time I had the PS3 hooked to my usual set up and after about half hour of practice, I was able to get it 7/10 times. That's a total of an hour and a half of practicing it with most of it being on a very laggy television. I think this thing is MORE than viable. You just don't see it much because it was discovered super late in the game's lifespan and there hasn't been many events since it was discovered. There also aren't that many truly great Bob players that would utilize such a thing in tournament.

Numb

That's what I mean when I say TA glitch.

Other stuff it has going for it:

- A lot of range.
- Still able to juggle if it hits people out of the air.
- Keeps him ducking for the whole duration of the first hit, so you don't have to worry about exchanging with or getting interrupted by highs.
- At 14f is faster than average WS launcher speed.
- High damage launcher that doesn't limit your juggle.
- With the high float, tag buffer can give unique options that score more damage depending on your partner.

All of that on top of the TA reset glitch.

From my understanding, Rickstah was planning on using it with Nina, which is a character with hard execution that he hardly used in the first place. Anyone who is already used to using Nina won't have many issues getting it down.

Here's my Marduk example:

http://youtu.be/KkS4kWdG8Mk

While Marduk probably gets the most damage off of it, he's also one of the hardest to utilize it execution wise. I practiced it myself twice.

The first time I practiced it for about an hour on my very laggy TV while streaming. I believe Ninth Pixel can vouch for me here. I had a lot of trouble connecting it, but towards the end, I was getting more and more consistent with it. This is on a very laggy TV and my terrible execution.

The second time I had the PS3 hooked to my usual set up and after about half hour of practice, I was able to get it 7/10 times. That's a total of an hour and a half of practicing it with most of it being on a very laggy television. I think this thing is MORE than viable. You just don't see it much because it was discovered super late in the game's lifespan and there hasn't been many events since it was discovered. There also aren't that many truly great Bob players that would utilize such a thing also.

The one that leads to the wall seems like it could wall carry very far with the reset. If it is that hard to do and not emough events to show, Why is saint not taking advantage of it? He seems capable and went to many events last year especially if he did it at the 20th anniversary.

Dereck

The one that leads to the wall seems like it could wall carry very far with the reset. If it is that hard to do and not emough events to show, Why is saint not taking advantage of it? He seems capable and went to many events last year especially if he did it at the 20th anniversary.
Isn't that impractical on walled stages?

Manbig

Saint did use it a few times already. People are telling me that it's barely not worth it for what he got. I wouldn't know for sure since I don't know how much more actual damage he got off of it since I don't play Ganryu.

As far as why it hasn't been seen more often, there hasn't been that many events, but apparently Master Cup had a shitload of Bobs. I'm being told that it wasn't seen at all, but I wonder if people really watched every single Bob match to be so sure about that. What I will say is that the glitch is way more worthwhile for some characters than it is for others. Typically, characters that get really good damage off of low parry will be able to make the most use of the glitch.

Manbig

^^ Not so sure that people are really ready for that this week lol

What do you think about gauging interest in Aris' chat also? I don't think you're gonna get enough from GAF alone.

I am not willing to approach the relentless folks known as Aris' chat room. Not really sure what to do. All I know is count on next time. Thursday's at 9 Eastern WILL be Tekken tourney time. If you guys don't at least enter next week, then....

Mr Naps, "You call yourself a competitor"

Edit: Not sure if it's a Gafer, but Famicom was the only entry and won his $10 PSN prize. See you next week

Sayah

I am not willing to approach the relentless folks known as Aris' chat room. Not really sure what to do. All I know is count on next time. Thursday's at 9 Eastern WILL be Tekken tourney time. If you guys don't at least enter next week, then....

Edit: Not sure if it's a Gafer, but Famicom was the only entry and won his $10 PSN prize. See you next week

Yeah, just announcing it here today too is pretty short notice.

You have to make a thread on gaming gaf for this to be effective with sufficient advance notice. There's a lot of people playing TTT2 that don't post in this thread also.

I'm really trying to not play this game for some time but I decided I will do it just for your tournament. Any possibility to switch this to the weekends? I'm busy working all week and only have time on weekends.

If you're doing this every week, providing a cash prize every week with free entry might make your wallet empty too. I don't know if that's a good idea unless you're rich. :p

Also, Famicom regularly posts here man. Check a few posts above yours.

Numb

I think more people would have joined if it included Europe too. I know i would.

I made the tournament known on Sunday. I suppose I can try again on Saturday at 9PM EST, but that's also short notice.

I want to start small is likely my issue. Since I am not a tournament running pro I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. Not really in the case of entrants because TTT2 can barely pull good numbers at majors, but getting exposure to watchers who will likely see mistakes that happen to anyone starting out and hate me for them.

I'd include Euro if people tweaked their internet as much I have. I can get playable matches against plenty of Euros from America, but most people could careless about Port Forwarding/MTU/etc.

I believe in the Bronson approach as far as money. I have a job, so I can easily support a weekly $10 prize. I would do more, but you guys gotta support it. We can't rival LevelUpSeries if we keep our thumb up our butts.

Congrats, Famicom

Sayah

I made the tournament known on Sunday. I suppose I can try again on Saturday at 9PM EST, but that's also short notice.

I want to start small is likely my issue. Since I am not a tournament running pro I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. Not really in the case of entrants because TTT2 can barely pull good numbers at majors, but getting exposure to watchers who will likely see mistakes that happen to anyone starting out and hate me for them.

I'd include Euro if people tweaked their internet as much I have. I can get playable matches against plenty of Euros from America, but most people could careless about Port Forwarding/MTU/etc.

I believe in the Bronson approach as far as money. I have a job, so I can easily support a weekly $10 prize. I would do more, but you guys gotta support it. We can't rival LevelUpSeries if we keep our thumb up our butts.

Congrats, Famicom

Okay, I didn't realize you had already announced a tournament date and time on Sunday this week.

I highly recommend making a thread on gaming side for this. Or if you don't want to do it, I can make the thread with your permission.

As far as money, I can imagine you have bills, food, rent, whatever to worry about. And $10 every week can add up fast to larger amounts. Please share the burden with the rest of the community here. If 10 people from here could give $1 every week or 5 people give $2, that wouldn't impose as heavy a financial burden on anyone. Or even go into FGW and ask 20 people to give 50 cents each. There's a lot of nice guys and gals there that wouldn't mind being a part of this. Again, I will ask them there if you aren't willing to.

What I'm saying is you don't have to be putting all the pressure on yourself. You're already streaming and hosting the tournament, which is more than enough. Or you could avoid money altogether, which would be a fine course of action and people could just play for glory. :p

At the end of the day, it's your money, though, so I can't say.

I am open to all help except money. Let me handle that until I know it is stable. I don't want to be like a KickStarter that takes people's money and runs. I assume Skype is good for commentary? I am studying hard (got a huge notepad file of stuff) and getting better, but it would be cool to give everyone a chance to get as good as Aris. It's online so who cares if we suck, right? lol

Saturday is a bit iffy, but definitely count on Thursday. Even if I am sick or something, I will just throw the stream up and trust you guys to run it. But yeah, since you guys know I am serious about it, I feel like the burden can be shared. Just let me handle the money, even though I never want to profit off such a thing. If it comes to that, that money is going to charity.

REMEMBER - Thursdays at 9PM Eastern is Tekken Time!
Note: Not in competition with anybody. So if Euros want to start online tourneys, go right ahead. I would stream, but I thought about it, and it still would be a lil laggy on my end. But any help I can give, let's make the wait for Tekken 7 an easy one (even though, I want to branch out to all 3d fighters in future. 2d fighters not a fan.).

AAK

Thursday nights is when I have my Offline gaming sessions with the Ottawa community because that's when the college event room is booked for the FGC here. But the tournament is US only so it's cool.

Thanks again for doing this NinthPixel, And congrats to Famicom for being our inaugural champion.

sasuke_91

I get a solid connection with some of the US guys here. I get 3 bars with AAK, Tera and Famicom (or was it 2 bars?). I even got 4 bars last time I played with Sayah. The problem would be guys like boutdown or DEATH. I used to get 2 bars with boutdown and the input lag was very noticable, but for some reason it's gotten so bad lately we don't even play anymore. Last time we played we got 1 bar and the lag was horrible :/
Even 3 bars makes lows way harder to see. I don't know if including Euros would be "fair".

Sayah

I am open to all help except money. Let me handle that until I know it is stable. I don't want to be like a KickStarter that takes people's money and runs. I assume Skype is good for commentary? I am studying hard (got a huge notepad file of stuff) and getting better, but it would be cool to give everyone a chance to get as good as Aris. It's online so who cares if we suck, right? lol

Saturday is a bit iffy, but definitely count on Thursday. Even if I am sick or something, I will just throw the stream up and trust you guys to run it. But yeah, since you guys know I am serious about it, I feel like the burden can be shared. Just let me handle the money, even though I never want to profit off such a thing. If it comes to that, that money is going to charity.

REMEMBER - Thursdays at 9PM Eastern is Tekken Time!
Note: Not in competition with anybody. So if Euros want to start online tourneys, go right ahead. I would stream, but I thought about it, and it still would be a lil laggy on my end. But any help I can give, let's make the wait for Tekken 7 an easy one (even though, I want to branch out to all 3d fighters in future. 2d fighters not a fan.).

Alright man, as you wish.
Also, Friday or Saturday nights both work for me. Any other day is likely not going to.

Also, if possible, try to include north america instead of limiting it to USA?

GrayFoxPL

Tried new team Steve-Bruce.

Damn. Boxing + Muay Thai = Too Stronk.

Long win streak in ranked without really focusing too much. Even beat double Avenger somehow.

The only problem is getting Bruce's flying knees ender after Steve's fillers is so hard and unsure it's not worth the risk of trying. But other then that, they are kings in the ring.

sasuke_91

Tried new team Steve-Bruce.

Damn. Boxing + Muay Thai = Too Stronk.

Long win streak in ranked without really focusing too much. Even beat double Avenger somehow.

The only problem is getting Bruce's flying knees ender after Steve's fillers is so hard and unsure it's not worth the risk of trying. But other then that, they are kings in the ring.

Interesting. Which tag filler do you use with Steve? I noticed that after a long pre-bound combo, SSR (doesn't have to be a full sidestep) 3,1,1 is the best tag filler with Steve. After the JFSR combo I always use I can still land a hunting hawk if I use Steve's 3,1,1 as a tag filler. Gets me 112 damage or a wall carry if I'm near a wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom