• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Inkog is randomly winning by having the greatest execution, like, he'll pull off one last second launcher and finish the combo to everyone's surprise.

Manbig

For all of the praise that Kodee gets for his execution, he can't execute for shit in the clutch, so it's really pretty meaningless.

If you want to embarrass yourself, yeah.

If you win with it why would you be embarrassed? The stigma of 10 hits is what makes them work a lot of the time, Some characters like law and Baek get milage out of their ten hits or at least the very beginning.

They're not necessary but I don't think its scrubby or anything. Just gimmicky.

Sayah

I'm with you on that one. The local restaurants that I do find and end up liking end up either closing, or becoming too expensive. I'm trying to broaden my horizons a bit and try other types of food rather than the usual pizza/chinese, but damn is it expensive!

Haven't had Chinese in a while. Maybe will try some tomorrow. :)

If you win with it why would you be embarrassed? The stigma of 10 hits is what makes them work a lot of the time, Some characters like law and Baek get milage out of their ten hits or at least the very beginning.

They're not necessary but I don't think its scrubby or anything. Just gimmicky.

They're high risk, low reward and are only effective if your opponent is ignorant. Is that not the definition of a scrubby move?

It's like abusing dragon tails on a bad connection. It doesn't take any skill to win like that. You're just taking advantage of the situation and being a dick.

Dereck

Did someone in this thread say that 10 hits need to be removed from the game? It could have been me, I don't remember.

Manbig

I am anti-10 hit strings too. At least as they are now. Sure, some of them are actually improved in Tag 2, but I think there should at least be more utility to them than "Will I finish it this tiiiiiime!?"

Numb

10 hits just seem annoying to me except the yoshimitsu one that looks cool but anytime i see them in a combo tag filler i start to like them again.

ajb1888

Banned
Has anyone managed to get ahold of Namco's "Fighting Edition" compilation for PS3? It bundles TTT2, Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur V in one disc, and I believe was recently released in the UK/Europe... Seems like a good value!

My question is whether you still have to download a patch from the servers to obtain DLC characters like Violet and DrB, or if the latest patches for the game are already on the disc (would be great if so).

Has anyone managed to get ahold of Namco's "Fighting Edition" compilation for PS3? It bundles TTT2, Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur V in one disc, and I believe was recently released in the UK/Europe... Seems like a good value!

My question is whether you still have to download a patch from the servers to obtain DLC characters like Violet and DrB, or if the latest patches for the game are already on the disc (would be great if so).

I don't have real information, but I would be very surprised if Namco pressed all new discs with unlocked content and patches. The bundle seems like a way to get rid of already existing product.

sasuke_91

Did someone in this thread say that 10 hits need to be removed from the game? It could have been me, I don't remember.

Ten strings being removed would be awesome. I don't want to have to remember 3 different 10 strings for 50 characters. Or at least don't make them natural combos after a random low. Some characters' 10 strings are even launchers...

After running into the upload bug and seeing it happen to so many others now, I think I'm officially retired from ranked now lol. Such a buzzkill.

The first time it happened was after a firmware update. That's when my connection became unplayable and the upload bug appeared. I had a demotion risk yesterday and lost because data upload failed. Very frustrating and annoying.

I read AAK's and Sayah's interviews in FGC. I don't visit that thread very often, so I didn't read them until now. Great interviews guys. That tournament match was great, AAK. You made him panic like hell :D

I'm amazed that they didn't release the Fighting Edition bundle in North America.

It's near impossible to find a cheap Canadian copy of TTT2 PS3, I might end up going digital just because shipping costs are going to make this close to $35.

Numb

I'm amazed that they didn't release the Fighting Edition re-release in North America.

It's near impossible to find a cheap Canadian copy of TTT2 PS3, I might end up going digital just because shipping costs are going to make this close to $35.

I bought the Namco fighters with tag 2 and SCV sometime ago digitally for 15 bucks even though i had Tag in the first place . They usually have sales on occasion so waiting for that is a good idea. There is the january sale right now but Tag is not in there.
But Nidhogg is!

I bought the Namco fighters with tag 2 and SCV sometime ago digitally for 15 bucks even though i had Tag in the first place . They usually have sales on occasion so waiting for that is a good idea. There is the january sale right now but Tag is not in there.
But Nidhogg is!

I wouldn't mind waiting, but I really have the urge to play Tekken all of a sudden.

I'm trying to see if I can find a cheap copy somewhere else.

Degen

10-strings, the way they are right now, need to go

"but just learn em" uhh no

I'm not learning specifically when each of everybody's strings go low, just so I can screw up the parry online and lose the round because the next half-dozen hits are guaranteed after that

no thanks

that's obnoxious

AAK

Oh man, I just got home and caught the end of the Bug match against Aris.... I lost it. I was on the floor laughing my head off. I couldn't control it.

AAK

Veeeeery interesting tweet from Flying Wonkey:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sjuf8o

Hope this project pulls through! If it ever does, I HOPE Bronson gets a major part in it. He's been in the scene since TEKKEN 3 just like Jackler!!

I heard Kurokuro has been playing in the arcades for Tekken 1 until now I think but don't quote me on that. :p

Numb

A good day for me (Aris commentary at 2:38:00 here). Too much greed by not tag crashing almost lost it for me.

I am not nearly as good as you but i remember facing Aris in Tekken 6 a long time ago around the first time he started playing online. In this match he wanted to see the connection between Europe and US. Him not being used to lag i abuse the HELL out of it. Match starts 8:25. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHyEi8I0ibQ&index=14&list=LL6L3ZsFyersl9f_q0bcEc7A

AAK

Something I never realized till now but it looks like the newest build finally has new CG art for the character life bars:

i5ikgJR91vzQD.png

Looks like neither Alisa or Heihachi will be getting new outfits.

Numb

Something I never realized till now but it looks like the newest build finally has new CG art for the character life bars:

i5ikgJR91vzQD.png

Looks like neither Alisa or Heihachi will be getting new outfits.

Heihachi has a cool outfit but that weird looking thing Alisa is wearing needs to change.
I liked her Alt outfit in Tekken 6 more.

GrayFoxPL

I'm still kinda surprised Jin lost quite bit of attention. I was/am expecting some flashy reveal trailer with New JIN/D.JIN IN ONE but now I think they might just put him in basic roster without any fanfare.

He was even barely shown in the reveal.

It would be bizzare if poster boy was suddenly marginalized. Hmm.

sasuke_91

I'm still kinda surprised Jin lost quite bit of attention. I was/am expecting some flashy reveal trailer with New JIN/D.JIN IN ONE but now I think they might just put him in basic roster without any fanfare.

He was even barely shown in the reveal.

It would be bizzare if poster boy was suddenly marginalized. Hmm.

He has been the protagonist since Tekken 3... Him still not being shown kind of makes me curious.

Damn Famicom that match was great. You got him good. Same to Numbatista. Your agressive style + lag threw him off. So you already played Mokujin (at a pretty high level) in Tekken 6.

AAK

Remember how Kazuya now has Devil Jin's b+4? That implies to me that DJin won't make it in T7 and Namco are right now retooling Jin to be a hybrid between both DJin and Jin. Hence why I guess he'll be a time release character down the road.

Man oh man is it gonna suck in the next few months seeing all these time release character footage pop up every few weeks only for us to just sit back and watch helplessly.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Remember how Kazuya now has Devil Jin's b+4? That implies to me that DJin won't make it in T7 and Namco are right now retooling Jin to be a hybrid between both DJin and Jin. Hence why I guess he'll be a time release character down the road.

Man oh man is it gonna suck in the next few months seeing all these time release character footage pop up every few weeks only for us to just sit back and watch helplessly.

Fuck Devil Jin, he's a terrible, terrible character design that only a 14 year old could love.

AAK

You have to admit though, seeing TTT1 Jin's movelist return in the form of Devil Jin back in T5.0 was hype as hell.

I remember downloading the first vid of the Koreans first seeing him the day the arcade was released on my 56k connection. When Jin did his laser scraper in that vid... everyone exploded at the arcade, man the excitement was so real back then.

GrayFoxPL

You have to admit though, seeing TTT1 Jin's movelist return in the form of Devil Jin back in T5.0 was hype as hell.

I remember downloading the first vid of the Koreans first seeing him the day the arcade was released on my 56k connection. When Jin did his laser scraper in that vid... everyone exploded at the arcade, man the excitement was so real back then.

Yeah, I miss the old jin/dj karate moveset like b+1,df, I don't like his flying somersault kicks or claw whacking too much.

I got so much hatemail today, whenever win or lose. What's wrong with these people. Makes me want to play something else.

Dereck

A good day for me (Aris commentary at 2:38:00 here). Too much greed by not tag crashing almost lost it for me.
You've come a long way. The best thing about you, or just my Tekken contemporaries is that whenever I get a little better, you get a little better. No one is slacking up, makes it more interesting when it comes to matches. Offline Tekken is really like sparring in the gym, I wish I could play offline with you guys.

Thanks for the advice, I just caved in and bought this anyways.
You trying to play Tekken on this?

By coincide in December I went ahead and purchased this. ASUS PA238QR Black 23" 6ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS

I hate playing Tekken on my 55 inch LCD now because of the input lag.

You've come a long way. The best thing about you, or just my Tekken contemporaries is that whenever I get a little better, you get a little better. No one is slacking up, makes it more interesting when it comes to matches. Offline Tekken is really like sparring in the gym, I wish I could play offline with you guys.

You trying to play Tekken on this?

By coincide in December I went ahead and purchased this. ASUS PA238QR Black 23" 6ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS

I hate playing Tekken on my 55 inch LCD now because of the input lag.

Fighters in general, yeah. Offline buddies have Evo monitors, and they are a world of difference compared to what I have at home.

sasuke_91

I got so much hatemail today, whenever win or lose. What's wrong with these people. Makes me want to play something else.

Kids. Or adults who behave like kids. Every game suffers from those. I've never seen my brother play Call of Duty without muting every single person playing with him. It's awful.
I've been on the verge of writing a few hatemails myself now and then. I have to supress that feeling though :p
I respond to hatemails though. Always a lot of fun^^

On the other hand I've also found some really cool people in Ranked matches. Tosin beat me with his Lee when I first played against him. I also met that Hwoarang player who recognized me from this thread and gave me some advice.

Unless I'm playing on my monitor... I really can't break throws.
I always play on a monitor. I don't even have a TV in my room. Playing on a TV with high input lag is awful.

I appear in TMM's newest Pain video. He currently plays Hwoarang and in the video he got me to the wall and puts that Hwo wall pressure on me. I panic of course, expect a RFF d+4,4 and try to duck the second hit. He went with RFF d+4,3 of course, gets a wall splat and almost kills me^^
We had some very fun matches though.
PAIN 13: Feet and Fists™: http://youtu.be/fZZuoMbH3TQ

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, I'm just tired of the hate. It's like poison. People shitting on you whenever you do good or bad. Meh. Like eating rotten food, It'll make you sick eventually.

I need some break or turn off notifications again.

Playing on monitors, you guys are lucky, I can't afford that. I mean parents would kill me if bothered them with monitor just for Tekken. They hate when I play Tekken anyway. Just shitty old lcd tv ride.

Damn, I miss old ass perfect for gaming crt's. Shitty new technology never comes close and if it does the price is something of a joke commercial from Robocop.

Btw. I was supposed to buy PS4 like a year ago but I'm putting it off all the time because of one reason. I wanted to buy new TV with it. So obviously I wanted one with low input lag and let me tell you I wasted so many hours, whole nights to find something good. It's such a pain because for every good opinion or specs, input lag, you can find another that says otherwise. Like you are sitting all night searching the internet until eyes bleed, finally find something decent, great reviews and spec but then other tech site points out it's shit and data on input lag is totally different. And every tech site is like "We tested it with hi tech shit or whatever".

You just want to kill yourself from tiredness or at least forget of buying a new tv.

Pain in the ass.

Unless you guys recommend something.

Btw on Tag2 again. There's account in ranked that goes by "TheManMainSWE", but I doubt it's him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom