• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with trying out new characters from time to time.

On that note, trying to learn Hwoarang and I for the life of me just can't land his ff 3 bound in combo's. The RFF one...the jumping kick deal. I'm going to get this damn it.

Oh, it's not that. There are people I used to play with regularly who no longer send invites since I started using Lili. And I can't blame them. She's really not fun to play against online. :p

AAK

Nothing wrong with trying out new characters from time to time.

On that note, trying to learn Hwoarang and I for the life of me just can't land his ff 3 bound in combo's. The RFF one...the jumping kick deal. I'm going to get this damn it.

What's the full combo you're trying?

This was his T6 BnB:

d/f+2, 2,3 LFS 3~f LFS 1 LFF 2,4 RFS 2 RFF f,f+3 B! dash 3+4 RFF 3+4~f RFS b+4.

But now that has changed since his RFS d/f+4 or LFS d/f+3 bounds. His new BnB:

d/f+2 f+2 RFF f+3 LFS 3~f LFS d/f+3 B! dash 3+4~f RFS b+4

Way easier and more damage :p

sasuke_91

This was his T6 BnB:

Ooh, I didn't know RFS df+4 and LFS df+3 bound were new.
You made a small mistake. After 3+4 it's 3~4~f (you can also hold back which is easier). Same with the second combo.
@Xevren: The dash isn't necessary by the way. If you press f+3+4 he already does a step forward.

Xevren

This was his T6 BnB:

Yea no idea why I was ignoring lfs d/f+3. I was trying so hard to land ff 3 combo's that I just overlooked it I guess.

Manbig

New JDCR advice videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUihs9P1N24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZWtd-6aYM

Seems like I was pretty much on point when I talked about JDCR utilizing option select movements. Not just him either, according to what he himself said, it's common among all top Korean players.

Just think about that situation with Law for a second. 1,1,2 is his primary jab punisher and leaves him at +6 on hit. That's a pretty significant frame advantage. When you take his overall short range into consideration though, a simple backdash into duck extremely diminishes his options. The only things that you really have to worry about is a low damage b2 into whatever, or him dashing in with something. If you guess right, you pretty much score a WS launcher with everything else. Characters with WS launchers that keep them ducking (Bob) are extra effective at this tactic.

These kinds of set ups require match up experience, but you can really simplify the game's defense when you keep them in mind. They're not even particularly hard to execute. You just need some solid reaction time. Never underestimate the power of the option select.

Pachimari

I forgot to reply to this, but I'm the complete opposite. I want to enjoy the Tekken characters that are bidding their farewells to the series because I know I probably won't be able to ever experience them again.

When it comes to Tekken 7 I will most certainly try to pick up a new main from a blank slate. At least that will give me the greatest notion of getting the freshest possible *new* experience considering how much of it is copy pasted from TR. Really looking forward to seeing what Nina is like for T7 and see if I can do something with her.

Yeah, this viewpoint I understand as well. Might just enjoy them while they are here.

sasuke_91

Anyone wants to play now?

I would have played, but I'm sitting in the library :/

I kind of made it a habit to go in with f+3,1 after Steve's WS+1+2. It catches opponents who don't tech or do a quick get-up and deals some nice damage with Hwoarang (27 + 72). I have to get rid of that habit though...

GrayFoxPL

Good games man. Was terrified you were gonna pick Baek the whole but you didnt.
Bad move

I will next time, because you are an expert.

I couldn't beat neither Mokujin nor Jinpachi, like Sasuke said before I realized what character that was, it was over.

Got beat up worse then I suspected, oh well. Next time.

Numb

I will next time, because you are an expert.

I couldn't beat neither Mokujin nor Jinpachi, like Sasuke said before I realized what character that was, it was over.

Got beat up worse then I suspected, oh well. Next time.

I was picking different characters all the time to throw you off because i have one strategy and combo for them. Is it me or are you guys WAAY too patient. You never are in a hurry and react to the things i do instead of throwing things out there.If you noticed, when i play i never stop pressing buttons even when you are full screen away and was pressing db1+2 with marduk all the time.

GrayFoxPL

I was picking different characters all the time to throw you off because i have one strategy and combo for them. Is it me or are you guys WAAY too patient. You never are in a hurry and react to the things i do instead of throwing things out there.If you noticed, when i play i never stop pressing buttons even when you are full screen away and was pressing db1+2 with marduk all the time.

I'm not used to such playstyle at all. Didn't know what was happening. Lol.

Numb

I'm not used to such playstyle at all. Didn't know what was happening. Lol.

I have zero defense so everytime you started your offense i was screwed. So if i am also on the offense i can sorta have some kinda of defense.
Im not an expert by the way.

sasuke_91

Yep, definitely. I only got as far as Berserker because I wait for unsafe moves or mistakes my opponent makes. I have to be WAY more aggressive and start putting some pressure on my opponent. And that's how Hwoarang is actually supposed to be played. Constant pressure, never letting go of my opponent.
I'm gonna have to change my style a bit in the future :p

Numb

Yep, definitely. I only got as far as Berserker because I wait for unsafe moves or mistakes my opponent makes. I have to be WAY more aggressive and start putting some pressure on my opponent. And that's how Hwoarang is actually supposed to be played. Constant pressure, never letting go of my opponent.

But if you go my route you will be a grandmaster which is worse. Defense is better than offense especially if the opponent is doing unsafe moves and all you need to do is punish them.

I have been playing TR alot lately. I love the character select screen music, haha.

I hate that you can't see who you are connecting with before you commit in ranked. I hope Namco changes this.

GrayFoxPL

Im not an expert by the way.

869472.gif

Yeah, me 90% change is needed.

Numb

869472.gif

Yeah, me 90% change is needed.

In tekken 7 i am confused as to how to approach that game.
The new features seem like they are there to just bring new stuuf into the franchise as in where bound and tagging were big big changes that made the game very different indeed.

i swear i am not an expert just playing mokujin all this time gave me a broad vision of the game.

GrayFoxPL

You gonna own T7, don't worry.

So far I've seen nothing in T7 that comes close to complexity of Tag2.

I have a feeling T7: Mishima Strike Sake Impact Rebellion somewhere in 2016 will be much changed and robust game. Super bar and ex moves incoming.

Numb

You gonna own T7, don't worry.

So far I've seen nothing in T7 that comes close to complexity of Tag2.

I have a feeling T7: Mishima Strike Sake Impact Rebellion somewhere in 2016 will be much changed and robust game. Super bar and ex moves incoming.

What i am looking forward to the most is the new characters and learning the characters that i know nothing about like bryan and jack.

GrayFoxPL

What i am looking forward to the most is the new characters and learning the characters that i know nothing about like bryan and jack.

Yeah checking out ins and outs of new characters is gonna be fun. Someone said Claudio with flame on and off is gonna be like Shun from VF or Chin from KOF. Personally I think the flame is more of a special form/stance like Omen Jin. I don't see multiple flame stocking like bottles for Shun.

Numb

The way lucky chloe plays seems weak to me. it seems like her movelist consists of fancy looking break dancing attacks that have short range and huge start up. She will probably be low tier but i want her to be the best so people are forced to use her and trolling begins on a tournament level. Shaheen i wanna play alot and Cladio seems like he will be interesting to see how he functions with the flame. Katarina i have no opinion on since she is there to introduce people to tekken and they might neglect to make her better than decent.

Dereck

I love the game at it's core but man, the complexity involved in Tag 2 is usually nerve racking, not going to miss that at all.

A game as complex as Tekken 6 is really the sweet spot for me, man I really like Tekken 6.

Numb

I love the game at it's core but man, the complexity involved in Tag 2 is usually nerve racking, not going to miss that at all.

A game as complex as Tekken 6 is really the sweet spot for me, man I really like Tekken 6.

Tekken 6 is the game that made most of my friends interested in tekken but then came tag and they are all gone now even though it is the best.
I hope they return for Tekken 7 and it seems as though a couple of them like Shaheen.

GrayFoxPL

The way lucky chloe plays seems weak to me. it seems like her movelist consists of fancy looking break dancing attacks that have short range and huge start up. She will probably be low tier but i want her to be the best so people are forced to use her and trolling begins on a tournament level. Shaheen i wanna play alot and Cladio seems like he will be interesting to see how he functions with the flame. Katarina i have no opinion on since she is there to introduce people to tekken and they might neglect to make her better than decent.

Lucky Chloe is just Harada's Idolmaster fetish troll and a statement "I can shit on Tekken because I own it." I'll happily focus destroying this character in matches just so it loses any % of popularity.

Katarina is kinda "fake" noobish character. On ATP I think mr Naps said she's not gonna be played by mashing, because it's obviously not gonna do much work for her above very beginner level.
She has some interesting dashes into moves like flying knee. I think she's may be quite interesting later on.

Shaheen hopefully be badass but his style is most important. He can end up weak ass in tiers but if he owns in style I'm gonna use him.

sasuke_91

Shaheen hopefully be badass but his style is most important. He can end up weak ass in tiers but if he owns in style I'm gonna use him.
Same with me. I picked up Ling because I thought her style was cool. Hwoarang and Steve don't need further explanation I think :p

Numb

Any one up for some matches? Sasuke? Boutdown?
Dont let these guys fool you into thinking i am some sort of expert. i ate every instant sky rocket Sasuke threw at me.

Manbig

New JDCR advice videos:

Seems like I was pretty much on point when I talked about JDCR utilizing option select movements. Not just him either, according to what he himself said, it's common among all top Korean players.

Just think about that situation with Law for a second. 1,1,2 is his primary jab punisher and leaves him at +6 on hit. That's a pretty significant frame advantage. When you take his overall short range into consideration though, a simple backdash into duck extremely diminishes his options. The only things that you really have to worry about is a low damage b2 into whatever, or him dashing in with something. If you guess right, you pretty much score a WS launcher with everything else. Characters with WS launchers that keep them ducking (Bob) are extra effective at this tactic.

These kinds of set ups require match up experience, but you can really simplify the game's defense when you keep them in mind. They're not even particularly hard to execute. You just need some solid reaction time. Never underestimate the power of the option select.

Just quoting myself because I feel like this went ignored. People like Boutdown, Tera, and Famicom should especially take notice of that information. It's the kind of thing that will get you over that mid level player hump.

AAK

Out of all the 3 characters shown so far, Katarina was the only one with a legitimate martial art so I was checking out some more of the location test vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECNdqO5X5dk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hP3gcAojJs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhXqZAAbrYI

Her d/f+4 looks like it has insane range. Her stance seems to have the same purpose as Jinpachi's forward teleport. She even has a juggle ender and knockdown low from it just like Jinpachi's. Her u/f+4,4 is just like Alisa's u/f+4,4/ Jun's u/f+4,3, but she has another 4 hit extension after. I wonder if the third hit are interruptable... because that would be a bit too good if not. But meh overall... she didn't see anything that looks really draws me out so far. I hope there will be even more new movesets to try.

New JDCR advice videos:

That's the most impressive thing about the Koreans is how they broke down these situations with almost every character in the game. But yeah, I get away with a bunch of damage on you boutdown with the exact same Steve pressure, now you now how to fight it :).

Numb

Sorry can't right now. In 2 or 3 hours maybe^^

I never said that :p
And yeah, I dropped 2 out of 3 combos after JFSR. Yesterday was so frustrating >_<

Sorry i meant Grayfox.
yes we can play later just hit me up whenever you are ready.

Numb

Katarinas df2 looking move looks more like an anti-air move from street fighter than a tekken launcher.
In the vid her uf4 looks like a launcher into a bound followed by a combo all with the same button. I know she is meant o be easy but that seems abit extreme.

AAK

Katarinas df2 looking move looks more like an anti-air move from street fighter than a tekken launcher.
In the vid her uf4 looks like a launcher into a bound followed by a combo all with the same button. I know she is meant o be easy but that seems abit extreme.

The entire u/f+4 string isn't optimal. It's the same thing as a Jack player in Tekken 6 just doing d/f+2, 2, f,f+1 B! d/f+1,2,1,2 as an ender. Requires absolutely no skill but very ineffecitient considering it's lower damage and lack of any okizeme after. The same thing applies to Katarina where you only have to do the first 2 hits of her launcher followed by a custom juggle filler after the bound animation to get more damage + better options after the juggle.

Numb

The entire u/f+4 string isn't optimal. It's the same thing as a Jack player in Tekken 6 just doing d/f+2, 2, f,f+1 B! d/f+1,2,1,2 as an ender. Requires absolutely no skill but very ineffecitient considering it's lower damage and lack of any okizeme after. The same thing applies to Katarina where you only have to do the first 2 hits of her launcher followed by a custom juggle filler after the bound animation to get more damage + better options after the juggle.

I am interested in claudio from a technical perspective but they could not have picked a worse character design.
Lucky Chloe
He is basically a Quincy from bleach and maxi combined.

Dereck

Just quoting myself because I feel like this went ignored. People like Boutdown, Tera, and Famicom should especially take notice of that information. It's the kind of thing that will get you over that mid level player hump.

That's the most impressive thing about the Koreans is how they broke down these situations with almost every character in the game. But yeah, I get away with a bunch of damage on you boutdown with the exact same Steve pressure, now you now how to fight it :).
It's because I don't know what any of this means.

AAK

Which part of it confuses you? The vid shows the options that Steve has after a FC d/f+1 on hit leaving him in PKB stance. JDCR was basically explaining the mentality for going about it to defend yourself after getting hit by that low.... which will happen A LOT since it's one his main moves to use.

sasuke_91

Hahahahaha guys, don't be so mean xD
So the biggest challenge in understanding the game is understanding the person explaining the game. Wow^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom