• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I have been waiting patiently but where is the strong style tournament footage?
I thought Aris said they would need like 3 months back in september but it is 2015 now.

I was not sure on who to pick in tekken 7 since Jinpachi will propably not be there but since seeing Shaheen i think i found a new guy, i hope that his fightning style is interessting
as i have never seen any arabian martial arts or fights. Any idea what it will be like?

Aside from swordsmanship you won't see any. I'm betting that Shaheen, like the rest of new characters that have been announced, will have a gimmicky fighting style.

GrayFoxPL

GrayFoxPL beating sasuke_91 15 times in a row is being mean? You are better than me. I had my beginnings in the arcade. Was blessed to be able to spend $20 or more per weekend (it was a half of a dollar to play a game). However, I went home to celebrate maybe one win a weekend for a year and half of going nearly every weekend. I either was just that terrible or Ling Xiaoyu was a heck of a character to pick being a newbie.

That really didn't count. Sasuke didn't know combos back then and I just pointed it out that if here and there he'd do a combo he'd kill me. He learned really fast. Now he's execution is way better then mine and so are his combos. I'm progressing really slowly. Like a slow moving truck. I have neither talent nor physical or mental skills to play on a pro level. Any my progress is just tedious hard work by playing thousands of matches, watching thousands of match videos, analyzing opponent and trying to predict his next move, basically I'm trying to think for two every match.

And yeah picking Ling as a starting character is hella handicap. :)

Doomshine

I have to go into practice mode and look through their movelist. I never know when their strings end. Any moves I should be particularly careful about? I'm talking about Dragunov and Zafina.

Well, I think you figured out that I'm + on block (a rare thing for Zafina) after ff+3, it forces crouch too. It also has followup with 1 that wallsplats but it's launch punishable, occasionally I will try to catch you off guard with it so make sure you punish me for it if you block it.

I also caught you with a common CH setup with Dragunov. I did d+1 which is 0 on block and forces crouch and then checked with 1,2 if you would try a WS move, which you did, so I confirmed 1,2,1 on CH. I'm also abusing b+4,3 at the wall, if you're sharp you can duck the second hit and launch me, but if you start doing that I will of course start mixing it up with b+4,2 but not unless I have a reason to.

Can't think of much else right now.

Dereck

I have been waiting patiently but where is the strong style tournament footage?
I thought Aris said they would need like 3 months back in september but it is 2015 now.
I heard Bronson and co is working on the stats, video editing, all kinds of stuff, for all of the matches, which is gonna take awhile.

sasuke_91

Sasuke, check out "Jin's confidence" series from pro Jin player, very useful.

Zafina.

Dragunov.

Thanks a lot. Jin is a great character for punishment guides.

GrayFoxPL beating sasuke_91 15 times in a row is being mean? You are better than me. I had my beginnings in the arcade. Was blessed to be able to spend $20 or more per weekend (it was a half of a dollar to play a game). However, I went home to celebrate maybe one win a weekend for a year and half of going nearly every weekend. I either was just that terrible or Ling Xiaoyu was a heck of a character to pick being a newbie.

I was just kidding. Of course beating me 15 times in a row is not mean. Letting me win would be worse.
Xiaoyu is definitely a bad character for a beginner, especially if you play against people who know her shenanigans.

Well, I think you figured out that I'm + on block (a rare thing for Zafina) after ff+3, it forces crouch too. It also has followup with 1 that wallsplats but it's launch punishable, occasionally I will try to catch you off guard with it so make sure you punish me for it if you block it.

I also caught you with a common CH setup with Dragunov. I did d+1 which is 0 on block and forces crouch and then checked with 1,2 if you would try a WS move, which you did, so I confirmed 1,2,1 on CH. I'm also abusing b+4,3 at the wall, if you're sharp you can duck the second hit and launch me, but if you start doing that I will of course start mixing it up with b+4,2 but not unless I have a reason to.

Thank you. I try to remember not to press any buttons after d+1, but well...
I'll try to put that advice into action.

AAK

Damn, I had no idea it was that bad in Atlanta :(

OMG wow... I'm such an idiot. I thought it was negative all this time.

Numb

I heard Bronson and co is working on the stats, video editing, all kinds of stuff, for all of the matches, which is gonna take awhile.

They need to hurry man. isnt KIT soon? That means another tourny started without us not seeing strong style yet.

Numb

How about next time bronson gets less stuborn and streams it especially if they somehow release tekken 7 right before strong style. This is not 1999 bronson.

AAK

There will never be another Strongstyle. The only reason this one happened was in honor of Patrick Collins passing who always asked Bronson to do one... he never had any intention of planning one. Now that the request is honored, if he was to do another one... it'd have to be from his own willingnes
which won't happen

Gonna have to go to France, Germany, or Japan for those TTT2 only tournaments.

Manbig

How about next time bronson gets less stuborn and streams it especially if they somehow release tekken 7 right before strong style. This is not 1999 bronson.

Or, you can just show some patience and wait for them to deliver what has potential to be the best tournament viewing experience to date.

I just thought they would have released it before the year was over.

They didn't plan on it taking this long. Pouring over the hundreds of matches to manually gather the data has taken longer than they expected. Heck, he's still taking volunteers to count data for match videos, if you ask him nicely to help out you might get to see some matches early. :)

Numb

I knew it was alot of work but not so much that it would take almost half a year to put together type.
Its just that im begining to forget it happened sometimes.

Sayah

@ninthpixel gaf was down for me all day too.

@Numbatisa. Do you play on pad or stick? If pad, you can learn mishimas more easily by assigning right punch to the L1 button and EWGFs come out a lot easier compared to pressing triangle for whatever reason.

Numb

@ninthpixel gaf was down for me all day too.

@Numbatisa. Do you play on pad or stick? If pad, you can learn mishimas more easily by assigning right punch to the L1 button and EWGFs come out a lot easier compared to pressing triangle for whatever reason.

i play on pad but i have all my buttons assigned already. Does putting on L1 drastically improve electrics or something? i should try that

Dereck

The game looks truly next gen in these screens, does the game look better to anyone else?

tekken7camera.jpg

LMAO that session with Aris last night for the GTA5 clan was da best. Kenny, Rickstah, talking about corner store food, weight loss, all the classics.

Hilarious. Too bad the tekken streams can't have this level of trolling.

And yeah, I really did think the name of the weight loss app Aris mentioned was called "Get Lost". Good times.

As for the new camera thing in T7, people are saying it is a big deal due to which side you think they'll sidestep out of certain setups from crouch... my question is, are there really that many situations where crouch > SSL or SSR is the only option? This is just something I almost never see discussed.

Manbig

As for the new camera thing in T7, people are saying it is a big deal due to which side you think they'll sidestep out of certain setups from crouch... my question is, are there really that many situations where crouch > SSL or SSR is the only option? This is just something I almost never see discussed.

That's because it is a thing that only a few characters with specific set ups care about. Dragunov and Lei come to mind.

Marduk makes decent use of it also. His 13f punisher forces opponent to crouch and puts him at +4 advantage. In this case, I'd much rather have the opponent on the 1P side so my b4 can beat out all 11f moves, exchange with 10f moves, and will beat out SSL, which is their only SS option in this situation.

AAK

The game looks truly next gen in these screens, does the game look better to anyone else?

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/storage/tekken7camera.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

It think it looks the same as the 20th anniversary trailer. But it always looked next gen for me considering its resolution and framerate. Just still sad at the lack of evolution of characters in a numbered Tekken game.

[quote="Cosmic Forge, post: 146175962"]

As for the new camera thing in T7, people are saying it is a big deal due to which side you think they'll sidestep out of certain setups from crouch... my question is, are there really that many situations where crouch > SSL or SSR is the only option? This is just something I almost never see discussed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I made a post about this earlier:

[url]http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=146109177[/url]

Numb

tekken7camera.jpg

The camera thing seems wasted on arcade since the players are good on either side more so than casual fans.
I have a friend who will always take 1P side but i am not sure wether or not this works on console.

Sounds like a non-issue really, if you already know that a certain setup might not work on you opponent in any other situation it would be your own fault if it fails/got punished by it.

There's also something that isn't clear, will the camera be adjusting to your favorite side even if you changed positions mid battle or is it just the starting position? (i.e doing a 2+4 throw will normally switches sides)

Doomshine

The camera thing seems wasted on arcade since the players are good on either side more so than casual fans.
I have a friend who will always take 1P side but i am not sure wether or not this works on console.

Afaik people in arcades were the reason they added solo mode in TTT2, I don't think everyone is tournament level hardcore.

There's also something that isn't clear, will the camera be adjusting to your favorite side even if you changed positions mid battle or is it just the starting position? (i.e doing a 2+4 throw will normally switches sides)

It's only the starting position.

sasuke_91

Good games Numbatista. I actually expected a newbie when you came here. Then you steamrolled over my main team and I just thought "Shit! I'm seriously gonna lose face here"^^
I was playing really bad in some matches. I actually got Jin demoted from Fighter to Brawler before playing with you. My execution was lacking a bit, I dropped combos here and there and walked into your attacks all the time. You'd still have won even if that wasn't the case but I wouldn't have looked so bad while losing :p
That Mokujin gameplay seriously impressed me. Sometimes I was still trying to figure out which character you ended up with and you were already throwing combos at me. And you knew how to play every... single... character o_O On top of that, you were also punishing every attack accordingly. You launched me for every backturn 4 (Ling) and you're one of the few people who actually launched me for Hwo's RFS b+3 :p
That offensive style really suits you. You won some matches simply by outpacing me. I was trying to space out and adjust to the situation, but you were throwing attacks at me relentlessly. I couldn't stand still for a moment or your Jinpachi would launch me and that damage was extremely high! Jinpachi also has some weird tracking. He caught me lots of times when I tried to sidestep.
The thing with playing so many characters is that you sometimes threw some really unsafe stuff at me. Launch punishable or duckable moves. I won some rounds just because of that.

Great matches though. That was a lot of fun. We should definitely play again (and again and again) ;)

Numb

Good games Numbatista. I actually expected a newbie when you came here. Then you steamrolled over my main team and I just thought "Shit! I'm seriously gonna lose face here"^^
I was playing really bad in some matches. I actually got Jin demoted from Fighter to Brawler before playing with you. My execution was lacking a bit, I dropped combos here and there and walked into your attacks all the time. You'd still have won even if that wasn't the case but I wouldn't have looked so bad while losing :p
That Mokujin gameplay seriously impressed me. Sometimes I was still trying to figure out which character you ended up with and you were already throwing combos at me. And you knew how to play every... single... character o_O On top of that, you were also punishing every attack accordingly. You launched me for every backturn 4 (Ling) and you're one of the few people that actually launched me for Hwo's RFS b+3 :p
That offensive style really suits you. You won some matches simply by outpacing me. I was trying to space out and adjust to the situation, but you were throwing attacks at me relentlessly. I couldn't stand still for a moment or your Jinpachi would launch me and that damage was extremely high! Jinpachi also has some weird tracking. He caught me lots of times when I sidestepped.
The thing with playing so many characters is that you sometimes threw some really unsafe stuff at me. Launch punishable or duckable attacks. I won some rounds just because of that.

Great matches though. That was a lot of fun. We should definitely play again (and again and again) ;)
Thx man i was expecting to lose all the time when you told me that you used hwo and ling and adding to the fact that you are very patient and didnt even attack when a round begins got to me. i had to start attacking you all the time to break your defense so that i could mix you up and launch you but by the third match you figured me out and rekt me.
Any time i was not attacking you i was losing because of how easy it is to get in on me, that is why i always picked walled stages when i lost and you picked open ones because of that same reason of spacing me out and staying out of my attack range. I caught you offguard because of your lack of knowledge when it comes to jinpachi but whenever i i got any other character with mokujin you got me good. Now if you learned jinpachi i would have no options and i recommend that you do since he is easy to learn and very good while also being fun with all the teleporting, flying and fireball spitting.

GrayFoxPL

Damn, everybody pretends to be a noob and then shows up a killer.

I'm gonna have to put on Dolph Lundgren t-shirt to boost my karate skills. Shit is going down lately on Tekken Gaf, no joke.

Mighty Dolph lend me your strength so I can prevail against forces of evil, err I mean my opponents!

I couldn't play today because of feeling like shit but I hope tomorrow will be all good. I was literally just killing monkeys on savannah in western rpg just to do something today.

Numb

Damn, everybody pretends to be a noob and then shows up a killer.

I'm gonna have to put on Dolph Lundgren t-shirt to boost my karate skills. Shit is going down lately on Tekken Gaf, no joke.

Mighty Dolph lend me your strength so I can prevail against forces of evil, err I mean my opponents!

I couldn't play today because of feeling like shit but I hope tomorrow will be all good. I was literally just killing monkeys on savannah in western rpg just to do something today.
It did not go the way you have done me in with 15 times in a row. The matches were even and we were going back and forth. Im up for tommorow.

GrayFoxPL

It did not go the way you have done me in with 15 times in a row. The matches were even and we were going back and forth. Im up for tommorow.

I'm nervous, no joke. Sasuke is not some easy opponent. Last time he got me on 5 win streak and I just managed to get that 5 back at end of our session.

I just hope I don't embarrass myself.

But excited!

Numb

I'm nervous, no joke. Sasuke is not some easy opponent. Last time he got me on 5 win streak and I just managed to get that 5 back at end of our session.

But excited!
That last match he completely downloaded me and did not even get one round. Ling is just beyond me.

sasuke_91

Thx man i was expecting to lose all the time when you told me that you used hwo and ling and adding to the fact that you are very patient and didnt even attack when a round begins got to me. i had to start attacking you all the time to break your defense so that i could mix you up and launch you but by the third match you figured me out and rekt me.
Any time i was not attacking you i was losing because of how easy it is to get in on me, that is why i always picked walled stages when i lost and you picked open ones because of that same reason of spacing me out and staying out of my attack range. I caught you offguard because of your lack of knowledge when it comes to jinpachi but whenever i i got any other character with mokujin you got me good. Now if you learned jinpachi i would have no options and i recommend that you do since he is easy to learn and very good while also being fun with all the teleporting, flying and fireball spitting.

There's a lot of characters I have to learn. Jinpachi is one of them^^

But excited!
Nah, your character knowledge is way better than mine. I don't think you'll get destroyed like me.

AAK

I really want to use my Bruce and Wang again, but is afraid to put too much into them when they highly likely won't be in Tekken 7.

It's unfortunate most of the ones I really like probably won't be in the next Tekken: Michelle, Wang, Bruce, Angel, Kunimitsu. Actually a lot of those Tekken 2 characters.

I forgot to reply to this, but I'm the complete opposite. I want to enjoy the Tekken characters that are bidding their farewells to the series because I know I probably won't be able to ever experience them again.

When it comes to Tekken 7 I will most certainly try to pick up a new main from a blank slate. At least that will give me the greatest notion of getting the freshest possible *new* experience considering how much of it is copy pasted from TR. Really looking forward to seeing what Nina is like for T7 and see if I can do something with her.

GrayFoxPL

That last match he completely downloaded me and did not even get one round. Ling is just beyond me.

Yeah I must learn to punish her. I just attack at totally wrong time. Basically I learned to never use highs. And not every character is equally good, you gotta have those mids that go vertically from down to up or vice versa. Mids that basically hit grounded. Whiffing horizontal mids against Ling is not fun.

Numb

Yeah I must learn to punish her. I just attack at totally wrong time. Basically I learned to never use highs. And not every character is equally good, you gotta have those mids that go vertically from down to up or vice versa. Mids that basically hit grounded. Whiffing horizontal mids against Ling is not fun.

When she goes into her AOF jinpachi misses his u4, a move that i love to spam against crouching opponents. And i dont have enough control to not do the move since i just do it anytime i see crouching.

GrayFoxPL

When she goes into her AOF jinpachi misses his u4, a move that i love to spam against crouching opponents. And i dont have enough control to not do the move since i just do it anytime i see crouching.

Yeah I have habits like that too. I'm literally asking myself in my mind: "Why are you doing this? It doesn't work!" I still do it, fingers tell me to.

Tekken 7. I thought someone said Feb 15 for "Pre-Final" Version, but I could've imagined it and even if I didn't the evidence is probably long gone from online. I expect a lot of delays because imo they are rushing this game like hell.

Numb

Yeah I have habits like that too. I'm literally asking myself in my mind: "Why are you doing this? It doesn't work!" I still do it, fingers tell me to.

Tekken 7. I thought someone said Feb 15 for "Pre-Final" Version, but I could've imagined it and even if I didn't the evidence is probably long gone from online. I expect a lot of delays because imo they are rushing this game like hell.

Its my fault because i am playing on autopilot while listening to a podcast or music so everything i do is automatic reactions and are the same pattern every single time thus making it easy to read me. The solution i found for this was mokujin since i am using so many characters the strats i use are wide and unpredictable, unless i get the same guy twice like i did with law against sasuke which he then figured out.

I kind of hate myself for this, but I picked up Lili recently. She's so easy to play. I feel like I'm already better with her than characters I've been using since day 1.

Xevren

I kind of hate myself for this, but I picked up Lili recently. She's so easy to play. I feel like I'm already better with her than characters I've been using since day 1.

Nothing wrong with trying out new characters from time to time.

On that note, trying to learn Hwoarang and I for the life of me just can't land his ff 3 bound in combo's. The RFF one...the jumping kick deal. I'm going to get this damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom