• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Interesting. Which tag filler do you use with Steve? I noticed that after a long pre-bound combo, SSR (doesn't have to be a full sidestep) 3,1,1 is the best tag filler with Steve. After the JFSR combo I always use I can still land a hunting hawk if I use Steve's 3,1,1 as a tag filler. Gets me 112 damage or a wall carry if I'm near a wall.

I tried b+1,d+2,1, df+1~2~1 B 1 3+4, 2, df+1~2~1 B f+3,1, exd ducking 1, 3,1,1

b+1,d+2,1 seemed most reliable for flying knee ender. Zaibatsu dudes say df+1~2~1 B f+3,1 is the max damage you can get for knee ender, but I don't know how, Steve switches to Bruce just after last hit, dunno. My preferable df+1~2~1 B 1 3+4, 2 is bad with this team sadly, Bruce doesn't have fast forward going moves other then 3,2F loop. But I didn't practice too much, maybe I'll figure out something stronger. I need to check f+3,2,f+3,1 filler.

Btw ext ducking 1 is a pretty great filler. There's just enough time on "bouncing" opponent to get this powerful blow in. Also works as an neat ender after early switching fillers. Eg I can get this after bruce's b+4,3,4 or Lee's 4,u+3.

sasuke_91

@GrayFoxPL: I find b1,d2,1 a little hard because you have to delay the second hit in order for it to connect. Easy to drop in intense matches.
Was that notation right? df+1,2~1 B f+1? Never heard of that one. f+3,1 would be the only one I know.
ext duck 1 is great because it's a one hit filler. I saw IronJin (german Steve/Leo player) use it in the BTC streams. I can't think of any combo to use it in though. I'll have to try that out. Hwoarang is a weird character for enders.
b+1 B f+3,1 can also be used as a tag filler, but I've never really seen anyone use it.

Damn, so many possibilites. If Steve had better punishers and a 15f launcher, he'd definitely be top tier.

GrayFoxPL

@GrayFoxPL: I find b1,d2,1 a little hard because you have to delay the second hit in order for it to connect. Easy to drop in intense matches.
Was that notation right? df+1,2~1 B f+1? Never heard of that one. f+3,1 would be the only one I know.
ext duck 1 is great because it's a one hit filler. I saw IronJin (german Steve/Leo player) use it in the BTC streams. I can't think of any combo to use it in though. I'll have to try that out. Hwoarang is a weird character for enders.
b+1 B f+3,1 can also be used as a tag filler, but I've never really seen anyone use it.

Damn, so many possibilites. If Steve had better punishers and a 15f launcher, he'd definitely be top tier.

Yeah I corrected that input, sorry. Problem with Steve's fillers is that he doesn't have early switching, almost everything switches exactly on hit. b1,d2,1 switches earlier that's why I like to use it. You don't have to delay it, instead just wait a bit or sidestep then fire up the filler. I've seen some crazy filler in Korean videos like b+1 B f+3,2,f+3,1 I never made that work, lol.

With ext ducking is very good, on early hit ender you can combo after it like I modified the lee-steve combo from gif.

Ws1+2, ff+2 Tag Lee 4,u+3, Steve ext ducking 1 b+1,B 1,3+4, 2

Yeah it's a shame Steve can't launch punish almost anything. Generaly he punishes for mixup opportunity and stances instead of guaranteed damage.

AAK

9p, I guess you can private message all the US guys that frequently or occasionally play Tekken:

devastatorprime
Terareflection
nailbombxx
Degen
Chrome_Wolf
Gambit61
Rhazer Fusion
CSX
MikeMiyers

You could PM them how it's free entry and there is $10 prize for the winner and see if they're interested too in playing. I remember seeing a bunch of them online before, not sure if they still do, but don't lurk the thread long enough to see these announcements. I know I'm missing a lot of other people and I apologize if I missed your name. If you'd like me to contact them 9p let me know I'll be happy to :)

I see Deps and Xevren post about TTT2 here and there but I'm not sure if they are in US or even PSN.

Also, I guess it won't hurt to announce this in the FGW threads either.

Haha. We should have our own country. Tekkenland.

Wasn't this the storyline for the live action movie?

sasuke_91

I went to practice mode to see if I can make use of Steve's ext duck 1 in any of Hwo's combos and sadly, I can't. The character is too far away to connect anything but a Hunting Hawk. 3+4 RFF f+3,uf+3,4,3 doesn't connect. His great u+3,LFS uf+3+4,df+3+4 also doesn't connect. The filler even whiffs in my JFSR combo.

I tried that JDCR combo though :p I don't know why he did that first iWS+1 instead of f+3,1. b+1 still connects after that (although it's a bit harder). Maybe because of the angle or something. I needed at least 10 tries before I managed to do the combo, but I can't make it a tag combo. Hwoarang's hunting hawk misses and after sky rocket, Steve's sonic fang whiffs for some reason. It deals 88 solo damage though, which is pretty decent. I won't ever use it in an actual match though^^

GrayFoxPL

I went to practice mode to see if I can make use of Steve's ext duck 1 in any of Hwo's combos and sadly, I can't. The character is too far away to connect anything but a Hunting Hawk. 3+4 RFF f+3,uf+3,4,3 doesn't connect. His great u+3,LFS uf+3+4,df+3+4 also doesn't connect. The filler even whiffs in my JFSR combo.

I tried that JDCR combo though :p I don't know why he did that first iWS+1 instead of f+3,1. b+1 still connects after that (although it's a bit harder). Maybe because of the angle or something. I needed at least 10 tries before I managed to do the combo, but I can't make it a tag combo. Hwoarang's hunting hawk misses and after sky rocket, Steve's sonic fang whiffs for some reason. It deals 88 solo damage though, which is pretty decent. I won't ever use it in an actual match though^^

Maybe try extended ducking 1 early to get some good finishers. You can even put 2 ext duck 1. As a tag launcher or eg ch b+1, ext duck 1~tag Hwo bound, steve ext duck 1, Hwo ender. But maybe it's not worth it.

Do you know this yt account?

Guy has some cool stuff with Hwo and Steve.

sasuke_91

Maybe try extended ducking 1 early to get some good finishers. You can even put 2 ext duck 1. As a tag launcher or eg ch b+1, ext duck 1~tag Hwo bound, steve ext duck 1, Hwo ender. But maybe it's not worth it.

Do you know this yt account?

Guy has some cool stuff with Hwo and Steve.
Nice find. Thanks. Guy has some cool videos about Hwo's frame traps. That 1,2,3/1,2,4 frame advantage is just crazy.

I'll try out some variations to include extended duck 1. I only wanted to see if it can be used instead of 3,1,1. Inventing new combos comes now :p

Xevren

Unless you're on wireless... how bad could it be?

I'm home now and here you go, would you play with this?

4047467552.png

AAK

OH man... that's crazy. Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? And can you even watch some of the twitch streams with that connection?

sasuke_91

4047467552.png
Why is Upload so high and Download extremely low?

I got Jin and Violet demoted from Fighter all the way down to Grand Master and up to Marauder again^^ I'm kind of amazed though by how much ranked has changed over the time. Grand Masters doing max damage combos, Brawlers with consistent electrics, Marauders who can wavedash. Only half a year ago it looked a lot different.

I played Gagguni last night, damn that guy is good. Apparently he's back in Saudi Arabia for a couple of weeks before he returns to the US, I have to log in more regularly and hope I can play him more and learn some anti bears BS.

4047467552.png

Your downstream is almost as fast as a dial up one. Are you sure no one was using the internet while you did the test?

AAK

StillElectric was playing on fire that last match, FAB did the best he could but that was crazy. But still FAB has to be kicking himself for going Bruce against GrandKintaro.

I am still alive, traveling overseas with family to Nigeria, so internet is hard to come by.

On the bright side, I'm coming back on Monday!

Yo NICE! How was Nigeria?

GrayFoxPL

No we see 4 kings all with 2p outfits. Unrecognizable.

I can't believe they forgot to add alternative colours for shitty 2p outfits.

Manbig

That glitch has been known for a little while now. Basically, connecting an attack on the same frame as connecting Bryan's taunt after a fully character f,f3 causes all sorts of weird animations or freezing to happen, which leads to free damage.

Sayah

I am still alive, traveling overseas with family to Nigeria, so internet is hard to come by.

On the bright side, I'm coming back on Monday!

Oooooh. Nice. How is Nigeria?

And what's the best vegetarian food to have there? (I'm not a huge meat fan). Maybe I can find a good Nigerian restaurant in NYC.

Manbig

Oooooh. Nice. How is Nigeria?

And what's the best vegetarian food to have there? (I'm not a huge meat fan). Maybe I can find a good Nigerian restaurant in NYC.

If you're looking for restaurants in NYC, give sites like Grub Hub, Delivery, and Seamless a shot. You might find something to your liking.

Sayah

If you're looking for restaurants in NYC, give sites like Grub Hub, Delivery, and Seamless a shot. You might find something to your liking.

I've been in NYC for awhile now and work in Manhattan every day but generally have not found any good food. Way over priced stuff that tastes meh. So I generally just bring lunch from home or just eat chipotle or pizza when I don't.

Thanks. Will look at those sites.

Manbig

I've been in NYC for awhile now and work in Manhattan every day but generally have not found any good food. Way over priced stuff that tastes meh. So I generally just bring lunch from home or just eat chipotle or pizza when I don't.

Thanks. Will look at those sites.

I'm with you on that one. The local restaurants that I do find and end up liking end up either closing, or becoming too expensive. I'm trying to broaden my horizons a bit and try other types of food rather than the usual pizza/chinese, but damn is it expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom