• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

I tried holding a stick once and using your whole hand and wrist to move was really weird and seemed tiring :p

Steve's Gatling Gun is only really important if you want to max out wall damage. I haven't seen anyone use it for anything else really.
We can do some Steve practice matches sometimes if you want ;)

Yeah, I wanna use it for the wall combos. Plus, it looks really cool.

Also yes, lets do some vs. matches soon once I get this Steve/Feng team down.

AAK

I'll be on in like half and hour if you want me to run you through all the Steve nuances I've been practicing this past year.

And Steve, Hwoarang, Lei, Yoshimitsu, Baek, True Order, bears are the exceptions to the rule. Playing every other character you apply pretty much the same core strategies just by understanding the frame data of a handful of moves. What Tekken desperately needs is more characters like Steve that have fundamental differences like the best core inputs from the rest of the cast.

Sayah

Are you free tomorrow by any chance?

I still need to get ideal tag assaults, memorize moves and practice some things before I go online.

Edit: Also, to your second point. That's still more than enough characters that differentiate from the conventional formula for me to not consider Tekken as having the same character archetypes throughout.

Edit 2: NVM

sasuke_91

And Steve, Hwoarang, Lei, Yoshimitsu, Baek, True Order, bears are the exceptions to the rule. Playing every other character you apply pretty much the same core strategies just by understanding the frame data of a handful of moves. What Tekken desperately needs is more characters like Steve that have fundamental differences like the best core inputs from the rest of the cast.
I'd also add Xiaoyu.

I needed a few months to find optimal combos for Hwoarang and Steve. Most of Feng's TA! Fillers are 2 hits though, so it might be a little essier.

Damn.

Because I am sick and have nothing better to do, I actually wrote an outline for a T1/T2 hybrid story.

PART 1:
Yoshimitsu vs. Ganyru
Nina Williams vs. Anna Williams
Marshall Law vs. Wang Jinrei
Kazuya Mishima vs Lee Chaolan

Damn you Mike! I saw Lee Chaolan in my quotes at that we had some Lee news for Tekken 7 =/

AAK

Yeah, sooooo much better than the nonsense in the game right now.

And sorry Sayah, will not be available today :(

AAK

I can already tell how much incessant clipping is going to occur because of Jack and Devil Jin's cutoms.

AAK

It honestly bugs me the most with grabs. Devil Jin's feathers don't matter much since those are meant to be deformable. But if I'm playing Raven and I do his 1+3 grab leg break on P.Jack's construction outfit it looks extremely messed up.

But what bugs me even more are the obnoxious accessories. An example is Asuka's 3 foot tall and 2 foot wide mallet glued to her back. whenever she falls on the ground the mallet will clip right through the floor or clip right through king while he'll be doing a pedigree. Unforgivable :mad:

I wish they'd remove the accessories entirely. Fecking guns and baseball bats and cowboy hats and fairy wings can all get lost. They do nothing but make the game look worse and add retarded gimmick nonsense to catch new players off guard. >=(

Numb

It honestly bugs me the most with grabs. Devil Jin's feathers don't matter much since those are meant to be deformable. But if I'm playing Raven and I do his 1+3 grab leg break on P.Jack's construction outfit it looks extremely messed up.

But what bugs me even more are the obnoxious accessories. An example is Asuka's 3 foot tall and 2 foot wide mallet glued to her back. whenever she falls on the ground the mallet will clip right through the floor or clip right through king while he'll be doing a pedigree. Unforgivable :mad:
It can get really dumb when it reaches that level. They are not going to be fixing anytime soon either.
tumblr_np3fnaYgnT1qk1depo1_400.gif

I would be pissed if i didn't find clipping funny.
I wish they'd remove the accessories entirely. Fecking guns and baseball bats and cowboy hats and fairy wings can all get lost. They do nothing but make the game look worse and add retarded gimmick nonsense to catch new players off guard. >=(

How else is RIP going to cake people?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Stuff like the wings just looked out-and-out bad, and they were painfully overused by the arcade/ghost AI fighters.

Wouldn't mind never seeing those again.

sasuke_91

WHAAAAT??!! I just noticed that the 2 in Leo's b+2,1+2 can be buffered into 1+2... No more dropping combos because I accidentally input b+2,2

Spuck-uk

Banned
WHAAAAT??!! I just noticed that the 2 in Leo's b+2,1+2 can be buffered into 1+2... No more dropping combos because I accidentally input b+2,2

Dude, how do you not know this?

I abuse the hell out of it because I'm terrible at hitting 1+2.

Its an extremely useful technique for chain throws.

AAK

Accessories are coming back and we're gonna have to deal with it:

tk7_igoah.png

How the heck are you playing Hwoarang without Button Binding!? LOL. That's pretty impressive if that's what you've been doing all this time haha.

sasuke_91

Dude, how do you not know this?

I abuse the hell out of it because I'm terrible at hitting 1+2.

Its an extremely useful technique for chain throws.

I don't know... I just never tried D:
My little brother always told me that my combos with Leo were very inconsistent because of this.
I feel like an idiot now for not having known this.

button buffer everything you can, it's extremely useful, especially for combos.

Hmm... can't think of any other bufferable moves for my characters. Leo's b+2,1+2 was the only move that was a problem for me.

How the heck are you playing Hwoarang without Button Binding!? LOL. That's pretty impressive if that's what you've been doing all this time haha.

Nah, of course I have assigned some inputs to my shoulder buttons (JFSR,3+4,3~4 would be pretty hardcore without my L2-button being 3+4) but 1+2 is assigned to R2 and inputting triangle, R2 is pretty weird if you play claw-style. Most of the time I input 1+2 manually (like Xiaoyu's wall-ender d+1+2,2,1).

Doomshine

I don't know... I just never tried D:
My little brother always told me that my combos with Leo were very inconsistent because of this.
I feel like an idiot now for not having known this.

Hmm... can't think of any other bufferable moves for my characters. Leo's b+2,1+2 was the only move that was a problem for me.

Nah, of course I have assigned some inputs to my shoulder buttons (JFSR,3+4,3~4 would be pretty hardcore without my L2-button being 3+4) but 1+2 is assigned to R2 and inputting triangle, R2 is pretty weird if you play claw-style. Most of the time I input 1+2 manually (like Xiaoyu's wall-ender d+1+2,2,1).
It doesn't have to be specific moves, it can also be used to go from one move to another. Like in your JSFR example you could keep holding 4 and press 3 to ge the 3+4.

I don't use shoulder buttons so I button buffer a lot. Another example with Feng; sometimes I just hold 1 while I'm moving around so I can quickly whiff punish something with b+2 (so b1+2) if I get the opportunity. I also buffer tag crash when I want to so I can be sure I get it when I want.

There are a bunch of different ways you can do it but it I feel like everyone should at least do it in combos.

Numb

Played claw style till a friend showed me the shoulder button mapping and never looked back.
Holding the controller in a normal position is good too.

sasuke_91

It doesn't have to be specific moves, it can also be used to go from one move to another. Like in your JSFR example you could keep holding 4 and press 3 to ge the 3+4.

I don't use shoulder buttons so I button buffer a lot. Another example with Feng; sometimes I just hold 1 while I'm moving around so I can quickly whiff punish something with b+2 (so b1+2) if I get the opportunity. I also buffer tag crash when I want to so I can be sure I get it when I want.

There are a bunch of different ways you can do it but it I feel like everyone should at least do it in combos.

Button buffering is something I haven't used ever. I always relied on button binding, so picking up Leo and getting her combos right wasn't easy for me^^
Thanks for the advice.

You need Button binding to play Hwoarang? Seems unnecessary....
If you want to switch stances a lot you might get an input wrong. Button binding makes it a lot easier.

Good games Numb and SquirrelSoup. Sorry I could only join for a bit.
Numb, you're the first person to get me with so many of Yoshimitsu's unblockables. And that Alisa... I just hate Alisa :p
SquirrelSoup your Jun is very solid. Try not to be so obvious with that running 3.

Numb

Good games everyone. I feel like i played lousy today.
Point of the unblockables is to be so random that even you don't know when you will unleash it and it just happens..

Dude how did I not know about Bruce's u/f+1+2 till today? Most baller move in all of Tekken. I hit that shit on an Asuka who did b+34 today
male-chef-kissing-fingers-against-grey-background-37021589.jpg
Bella!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom