• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

Tekken's story completely turned into a mess after Tekken 5. I don't think any one can disagree with that. I love Tekken 6 but it's story was just overdrawn and pointless. Jin starts a world war to get rid of his devil gene or something? And fails anyway because clearly we have devil jin in Tekken 7.

Hoping they can redeem themselves with the final saga.

Tekken's story completely turned into a mess after Tekken 5. I don't think any one can disagree with that. I love Tekken 6 but it's story was just overdrawn and pointless. Jin starts a world war to get rid of his devil gene or something? And fails anyway because clearly we have devil jin in Tekken 7.

I think they hired the Blood Vengeance guy to do the story sooooooooooo...I mean if they haven't decided yet they could always hire me. I'll do it for cheap too just to put it on my resume.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yo you have freakin Bloodstained avatar. You are not worried about that shit being a disappointment?

Er... no? I've liked all of Igarashi's Castlevanias. This is in the same vein, it's getting a cozy budget... why should I be worried?

Also, I haven't actually backed it yet. Planning to do that within the next week though.

Here's the summary of why Jin did what he did:

Jin, gasping, finally reveals the real intentions behind his actions: having known about Azazel for a long time since Zafina's story, Jin knew that the only way to awaken Azazel was to fill the world with negative emotions, and the best way was starting a war. Jin also tells Lars that he never appreciated how the people of the world had to live under the oppressive rule of governments and greedy corporations, and by starting the war, those powers would crumble into nothing, and the world would finally see freedom and peace.

Jin also tells Lars that Azazel is not yet dead, and can only be destroyed by someone who carries the Devil Gene. Once the beast is defeated, Jin could kill his own inner demons by freeing himself from Gene.

Yeah, uh... that's some... that's some writing. :|

Er... no? I've liked all of Igarashi's Castlevanias. This is in the same vein, it's getting a cozy budget... why should I be worried?

Also, I haven't actually backed it yet. Planning to do that within the next week though.

Init creates doing 2.5D is why you should be worried.

Is this because of Mighty No. 9? 'Cause I've heard those arguments in the main Kickstarter thread. I'm not worried.

It's cause the company sucks at 3D in general. It wont look like the concept art. It's going to look like Dracula X Chronicles. If you're okay with that, then cool but I don't trust them to produce anything of quality visually and I feel like a lot are.

Creaking

It's cause the company sucks at 3D in general. It wont look like the concept art. It's going to look like Dracula X Chronicles. If you're okay with that, then cool but I don't trust them to produce anything of quality visually and I feel like a lot are.

I don't even like the concept art very much. I'm in it for the exploration and the gameplay.

Sayah

Here's the summary of why Jin did what he did:

Yeah, uh... that's some... that's some writing. :|

"Let me start a global war so we can have some peace."

LOL

Who even thinks like that? Totally ruined Jin's character.

I think they hired the Blood Vengeance guy to do the story sooooooooooo...I mean if they haven't decided yet they could always hire me. I'll do it for cheap too just to put it on my resume.

They need to hire someone else then.

sasuke_91

Good luck buddy. Give them hell.

Congrats. Top 5 is still great. No need to be salty. :)

'grats on getting 5th~

Congrats on 5th Place Sasuke. Main thing was to have fun ;)

Thanks, guys.

These were our Grand Finals
I might upload a video myself, but it's not certain yet.

Good news from Wonkey's Twitter

no matter who you plan to main in T7, your Paul is already a threat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1RFKVVbJfI

also, someone did exactly what I wanted from the Kazumi trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHMFXnf6ZBI

That deathfist damage reminds me of how much I hate Paul.

I knew someone would do this with the Kazumi trailer^^

Like the Tekken 4 guy! Or whoever that was.

Tekken 4 story was great. They should hire him again!

Degen

Man the 360 controller sucks for TTT2 :(
I don't even wanna think about how hard it must be to move around and stuff in Tekken with that thing

When I played SF4/Marvel on 360 at a weekly meetup, I could not deal

I got a Madcatz pad, a PDP pad, the silver controller with the turning D-pad, and eventually settled for a 360-to-PS2 convertor

all this and no 360 at home

AAK

Was trying to catch some of Knee's stream while my boss was out for lunch:

http://www.twitch.tv/holyknee

Was actually more focused on the chat. Help me was there answering questions. Sad news is that Only Practice quit because he really doesn't like the game :( He also says Yoshimitsu is super buff this time around. Also says that Josie is stupid good more than Bruce. her f+1+2 is more menacing than Bruce's b+2. And her d+4 being only -10 is a pain.

Craziest thing, was that Help me said that against Devil Jin's b,f+2,1,2 he would ssL after the second hit and try to block but the third hit would still impact on him. That's pretty worrying for me :/

Sayah

Lars now i guess:

" Help_me: only practice doest play he hate this game because he think lars sucks. "

Maybe he'll switch once Nina's released just to test the waters.

LMAO These comments are gold.

Help_me: i think
Help_me: top tier
Help_me: mishima josie shaheen
Help_me: worst character asuka
Help_me: trash
Help_me: chloe sucks. but combo damage is very good but asuka.. very sucks, combo sucks, frame sucks, punish sucks. all sucks. ok?
help me do you like the lucky chloe cosplayer or lili cosplayer more?
Help_me: if AO cosplay lucky
Help_me: i want it
Help_me: haha
2 retweets 2 favorites
Wanna know what Help Me thinks of Claudio in Tekken 7? "Help_me: this character too stupid. if i 'm italian, i'll never select"

Sayah

@Death

Watched 15 episodes of Ippo so far. While I don't usually watch anime like this, it's really great. Suddenly want to practice with Steve Fox.

lupinko

Yeah I will definitely agree with Asuka being pretty crappy. Too bad I took her up as an alternate in Tekken 7.

Claudio is too stupid, I want him nerfed more, same with Gigas.

AAK

https://twitter.com/yuibo0920/status/605540664147738625

giphy.gif

Namco: "No character design is safe, we're gonna ruin any progressive art direction with our putrid customization system mwahaha"

I dunno why I though she'd be safe being a boss character :/

Creaking

Neat, although I'm bummed that we won't be getting any reveals this Thursday. I wonder if they will have something Tekken 7 related to show at E3 after all.

Either way, I am more than happy to sacrifice my main Anna if it meant no capos,bears or Roger in the game!

Monster!

Anyway, if they capped the roster here... I don't know, it feels like one of the most boring rosters in the history of the series. I definitely expect more. Probably with a new character select screen, although those don't seem to happen often outside of BR/DR style updates.

HeelPower

Monster!

Anyway, if they capped the roster here... I don't know, it feels like one of the most boring rosters in the history of the series. I definitely expect more. Probably with a new character select screen, although those don't seem to happen often outside of BR/DR style updates.

The only missing essential from the roster is Nina.

I don't mind if they add some of (not necessarily all of)the following :

Anna : my main and Absolute favorite,subjective.

Lee/Violet: These are very high skill level characters that their players invest a lot of time in.They need to come back.I want to see Fighting GM play again.

Ganryu : yeah Ganryu is a very well designed character and Tekken classic

Bob : let's be a honest..a US tournament mainstay like Bob needs to come back.I actually love his game design but not necessarily his visual design.A master troll in Tekken.

Zafina : A recent Tekken Icon imo.Very unique animations,beautiful design.

Jun : might be redundant because of Asuka,Still an awesome design from TTT2.

Miguel : he's cool.Straightforward gameplay and design.

Wang : A classic troll.I just love him.

Raven,Baek,Marduk,Bears,Capos can rot in a digital dungeon somewhere on a Bamco computer.

Degen

guys... (sigh)... listen

King had his old f222 replaced, and now Jack's mohawk is red, need I remind you

We're all taking losses here; I'm right there with you guys

some way, somehow, we will survive this.

lupinko

I believe you only lose your credit after an online 10-streak. Local play lasts as long as you can.

Yeah but unless it's a local tourney, though even then it's set to event mode, everybody here in Japan only plays online. I figure the same for Korea too.

And fuck Phoenix Smasher.

HeelPower

looking at Kazumi's movelist ,I think everything looks perfect.

Except for that damn tiger.Its animations are janky,have no weight and it just doesn't make sense in the context of Tekken.

Its just a frustrating blemish on an otherwise perfect character....Thnx Harada....GAHHH!!!

Creaking

looking at Kazumi's movelist ,I think everything looks perfect.

Except for that damn tiger.Its animations are janky,have no weight and it just doesn't make sense in the context of Tekken.

Its just a frustrating blemish on an otherwise perfect character....Thnx Harada.

Mm... we must be thinking of different contexts.

HeelPower

Mm... we must be thinking of different contexts.

In terms of summoning an assist,No other character does that am I right ?

I think it takes away from a thematic element in the game.

I imagine summoning shit would be cheating in the King of Iron Fist tournament :/

Like ,Kazumi needs her shitty pet to beat others in the tourney.

Creaking

In terms of summoning an assist,No other character does that am I right ?

I think it takes away from a thematic element in the game.

I imagine summoning shit would be cheating in the King of Iron Fist tournament :/

Like ,Kazumi needs her shitty pet to beat others in the tourney.

Well Unknown did summon giant purple goop hands and spikes in Tag 2.

Degen

A smaller move list is a good thing, as long as there's a tool for every situation and the combos do good damage

If you're gonna eliminate entire characters for the sole purpose of consolidation, taking the risk of putting character diehards off just to benefit new players, why should every character still have a hundred moves? It defeats the whole purpose IMO

A smaller move list is a good thing, as long as there's a tool for every situation and the combos do good damage

If you're gonna eliminate entire characters for the sole purpose of consolidation, taking the risk of putting character diehards off just to benefit new players, why should every character still have a hundred moves? It defeats the whole purpose IMO

I agree entirely. With Eliza though, it felt like they just cut way too much. Or didn't finish her or whatever. She felt like half a character, and definitely missing some stuff she could use.

Kazumi doesn't seem like that, which makes me very happy. Probably gonna play her.

Deps

Okazumi looks sick, probably the first female character in Tekken that I'm actually interested in playing. I would play Nina if her default outfit wasn't doodoo.

Numb

Kazumi looking nice. Her FLY seems much more useful than Jinpachis. Wish raw tiger attacks did more damage tho.

AAK

Looking through her movelist;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_-PYToFUwo

She kinda reminds me a bit of the Angel specific moves looking at the moves that come out her forward teleport and the while rising attacks. She also has DJin's laser cannon, Heihachi's TTT2 twin pistons, the last hit of heihachi's b,f+2,2. Also, is she the first Tekken character to get the same sideturned throw for both the right and left sides? That's a bit of a bummer.

EDIT: Oh my GOD Namco... Why do you hate this series so much!

I agree with Only Practice on Lars. I think he's not very good anymore. The only thing that kept him really good in Tag 2 was his damage and how well her worked in the Tag system. Now with more nerfs he's just an average character at best with nothing too outstanding.

Looking through her movelist;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_-PYToFUwo

She kinda reminds me a bit of the Angel specific moves looking at the moves that come out her forward teleport and the while rising attacks. She also has DJin's laser cannon, Heihachi's TTT2 twin pistons, the last hit of heihachi's b,f+2,2. Also, is she the first Tekken character to get the same sideturned throw for both the right and left sides? That's a bit of a bummer.

EDIT: Oh my GOD Namco... Why do you hate this series so much!

I think her hair looks nice. XP

Kazumi is the best new character so far, but I am worried that she'll end up like Angel in TTT2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom