• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

ggs@sasuke/derrick as usual!
Yeah ggs! I like how you changed positions after DJin's SS+2 to get the balcony break for extra damage. I'm always too afraid for stuff like that and try to get easy damage.
I already mentioned that bait at the end xD

av2k

Yeah ggs! I like how you changed positions after DJin's SS+2 to get the balcony break for extra damage. I'm always too afraid for stuff like that and try to get easy damage.
I already mentioned that bait at the end xD

Afraid of easy stuff like that? You play Hwoarang and do blue sparklies frame tight combos for damage, lol, ggs man. Glad it was pretty playable this time around.

Dereck

https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/635807463715962880

iZ1YAAW.gif

https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/634422369583403008

iZ1YAAW.gif

https://twitter.com/katatumuri0604/status/635457737514573824

iZ1YAAW.gif

AAK

The game is already out, the TGS listings are for unreleased games that will be shown off and most probably playable. T7 is already out on the market for people to spend. You guys shouldn't have expected it :p.

But that King camera scumminess is hilarious haha

Last year of school (at least for a while) just started. So don't expect me to post much.

To Sayah (Bless your soul) your cheap fix for my PS3 situation almost worked. My monitor doesn't like component input sadly, the picture is all distorted and discolored. So I am going to have to fork over cash to fix the HDMI.

At least they have plenty of time to (not really) fix things.

Manbig

The shit that happened in that King video actually happened to me quite a bit in Tag 2. Especially in that fucking New York stage. At the very least though, it was dropped combos instead of walking into moves.

sasuke_91

Afraid of easy stuff like that? You play Hwoarang and do blue sparklies frame tight combos for damage, lol, ggs man. Glad it was pretty playable this time around.

I'm horrible at adjusting combos. Especially with Leo. I'll drop everything if my opponent is a little off-axis.
Yeah it worked pretty well. We also went from constant 2 bars to 2-3 bars^^

The game is already out, the TGS listings are for unreleased games that will be shown off and most probably playable. T7 is already out on the market for people to spend. You guys shouldn't have expected it :p.

I hope you're right.
But to be honest, I wouldn't really care if TTT2 wasn't slowly dying. A lot of players left the game already.

Tekken Tag 2 is the best! :)

vB9B5.gif

Has anyone seen this new Kazuya statue by Studio Ren?

It's supposed to release in September. How have I not seen anything about this before? Namco, how are we supposed to throw money your way for plastic toys if you don't advertise your stuff anywhere.

Apparently the studio behind it is working on a line of Tekken 7 figures. Next up Dragunov it seems.

Archon473

What frame data site/tool do you all use for this game? I have the Tekken Chicken android app but I question its accuracy. The hardest thing for me when learning/improving at Tekken is having the data to enforce my decisions. I can't judge what may be a good or bad option or explain why situations resolve in certain ways without the data. Ever since Injustice had frame data in the command list, I feel every fighting game is doing players a disservice when they neglect to include it.

sasuke_91

I used TTT2PunishmentGuide for Android all the time (the punishment guide itself is shit, just use it for the frame data). I also tried Skill Helper for TTT2 and like it a lot. It also has some other useful stuff like a list of throws or moves that give you + frames.
I don't know about their accuracy, but I haven't found any mistakes up until now. They propbably all use the TZ frame data anyway :p

sasuke_91

I'm a little disappointed myself, but today I managed to finish Act 1 of Metal Gear Solid 4. Needed a little more than 5 hours, 19 Continues and was spotted 48 times. Should have finished the whole game by now. I'm a little more motivated now though, as I started to understand and handle things a little better. If I don't manage to hide and sneak properly I just go crazy with my M4 and kill everyone.

About Steve's position change we were talking about some time ago: I get 107 damage out of it with Hwoarang as a partner, which is quite high in my opinion, and it saved me quite a few times since I'm not good at keeping my cool when my back is at the wall :p

Numb

I've started to watch them, but I haven't finished any of the previous games' scenes yet.

Exactly :D

There is a weapon sale on wednesdays if i remember correctly and you can set your ps3 internal clock to wed and buy all the guns and ammo.
Blow shit up and leave nothing but bodies.

This is horrible advice for a stealth game.

joeblow

What frame data site/tool do you all use for this game? I have the Tekken Chicken android app but I question its accuracy. The hardest thing for me when learning/improving at Tekken is having the data to enforce my decisions. I can't judge what may be a good or bad option or explain why situations resolve in certain ways without the data. Ever since Injustice had frame data in the command list, I feel every fighting game is doing players a disservice when they neglect to include it.
For IOS, I bought Haijin.co's "Combo for Tekken Tag 2" app and haven't regretted it. I use the Tekken Chicken site to skim quickly through move lists, and the Hajin.co app to zero in on each move's properties in a clean and (mostly) accurate format.

Fraeon

So I did this experiment from last time where I took a video of something that I played and tried to analyze it. The thing I tried to do was make the video in Finnish and then subtitle it. Turns out the way I speak makes it pretty challenging. I recorded myself watching the video and pretty much tried to get the thing done in one take.

Turns out that was a pretty daunting task. But at any rate, there's English subs for that. Don't know if I feel like using this format in the future. Either I'll go for English straight away or drop the idea of this show all together.

sasuke_91

There is a weapon sale on wednesdays if i remember correctly and you can set your ps3 internal clock to wed and buy all the guns and ammo.
Blow shit up and leave nothing but bodies.

This is horrible advice for a stealth game.

Yeah that was yesterday. I only bought a machine gun.

You're about to start Act 2... you're gonna be hella confused with all the FoxDie talk :p
Yeah, but the cutscenes are really long. 3,5 hours for MGS1 alone o.o

DEATH™

I might switch to SFV because of Mika...

Hot chick with legit wrestling moves with a tag team partner? I'm in!

Capcom doing what made TTT2 hype

AAK

I'll be honest, if you REALLY wanted the most accurate representation of wrestling in videogame form.... there's one game that knocked it out of the park:

207286-300px_wolf.jpg
tumblr_mh55fgDzeS1s46oezo1_400.jpg

;)

Yeah, but the cutscenes are really long. 3,5 hours for MGS1 alone o.o

Embrace it man. Metal Gear cutscenes are unlike anything else. You will be entertained, that's guranteed!

But seriously, You really need to have experienced the story of MGS1 to follow through the half-way cutscene of Act 2. And towards the end of Act 2, you need to have gone through the main plot points of MGS2 to understand what's going on between the characters re-introduced here. Man oh man are they worth it. Act 2 is where things get REAL.

AAK

So I did this experiment from last time where I took a video of something that I played and tried to analyze it. The thing I tried to do was make the video in Finnish and then subtitle it. Turns out the way I speak makes it pretty challenging. I recorded myself watching the video and pretty much tried to get the thing done in one take.

Turns out that was a pretty daunting task. But at any rate, there's English subs for that. Don't know if I feel like using this format in the future. Either I'll go for English straight away or drop the idea of this show all together.

I just watched that, man that must have taken hours to transcribe everything you were saying into English. But still, that was a really entertaining video. Even though I couldn't understand what you were saying, the text was flowing through the match niceley and it was definitely something I could analyze to make the viewing experience more productive. It reminds me of the Real Menace analysis videos and judging by his experience, they do volumes of work to improve one's game. So good for you man :)

I know boutdown did something similar earlier in the game's life cycle and you can see how that's translated into his game by the player he is now.

About the English vs Finnish stuff, I think just go for what you feel helps improve your game the most and is most beneficial for you :) There's always going to be a market regardless of the language. It might be even more attractive to your local players to keep everything in the native tongue. But seriously, it's content like this that keeps the scene alive and it's awesome to see you put the work towards it!

I'll be maining Mika in SF5 because of the double ass.

I'm in ShinMaruku territory now, aren't I? :(

Nah, once you start fetishizing about breast milk, then you'd be in his domain :p

I may have to just unfollow the Tekken team. The tweets from them that definitely indicate desire to never ever release Tekken 7 to the masses is so depressing. Also, SF5 is fun and all, but appears to be figured out after only a few days of total time. I was sad to actually become bored of it after getting much time with it.

AAK

@9p

They've been saying for months now that Tekken 7 will come to consoles after the arcade re-release. They're not even going to acknowledge it until that version is revealed, released, and has had it's exclusive time in the market.

Besides, the Tekken team is probably going to focus on finishing the WiiU port of Pokken Tournament first, so again, don't expect anything until that game releases first.

sasuke_91

Embrace it man. Metal Gear cutscenes are unlike anything else. You will be entertained, that's guranteed!

But seriously, You really need to have experienced the story of MGS1 to follow through the half-way cutscene of Act 2. And towards the end of Act 2, you need to have gone through the main plot points of MGS2 to understand what's going on between the characters re-introduced here. Man oh man are they worth it. Act 2 is where things get REAL.

I guess I won't touch the game again until I finished the MGS1 scenes and watch the MGS 2 scenes while playing Act 2.

I just watched that, man that must have taken hours to transcribe everything you were saying into English. But still, that was a really entertaining video. Even though I couldn't understand what you were saying, the text was flowing through the match niceley and it was definitely something I could analyze to make the viewing experience more productive. It reminds me of the Real Menace analysis videos and judging by his experience, they do volumes of work to improve one's game. So good for you man :)

I know boutdown did something similar earlier in the game's life cycle and you can see how that's translated into his game by the player he is now.

About the English vs Finnish stuff, I think just go for what you feel helps improve your game the most and is most beneficial for you :) There's always going to be a market regardless of the language. It might be even more attractive to your local players to keep everything in the native tongue. But seriously, it's content like this that keeps the scene alive and it's awesome to see you put the work towards it!
I remember one of boutdown's videos where he was analyzing his gameplay, but I didn't really get it back then because I didn't even know the basics of punishing and stuff.

I'll watch your video later, Fraeon.

That is true as we do have Harada's tweet saying, "Look back to TEKKEN history. Arcade version is always update and Expansion." However, with Michael's tweet saying, "If you haven't been to the location test, please go and support them! It could lead to an official release if it does well!"

Then let's look at the last official release in USA.
Tekken 5
Arcade Release: Fall 2004
Console Release: March 2005

Tekken 5 DR
Arcade Release: December 2005
Console Release: February 2007

If you did not have an arcade near you. You were stuck with an inferior copy of the game for 2 years counting the Tekken 5.1 update. To add insult to it all, Tekken 6 released in arcades less than a year after the world finally got T5DR. So the moral of that story may be that sure, we might get Tekken 7 eventually, but it will be old news as Tekken X Street Fighter has just dropped in arcades! And that's only the good side of Tekken's recent past, if we follow Tekken 6... Yeah...., I gotta walk off the tears on that note.

Dereck

'What" could lead to an official release?

The money? The customer input?

Lead to an official release meaning, an official release of the arcade version in America?

I wish he was more specific about that Tweet.

Numb

Developing some animosity towards arcades solely due to Tekken. Don't want it to not come out there but atleast release it around the same time as console.
Would prefer if we were the beta testers for the vanilla versions instead of sitting on the sidelines like this.

AAK

That is true as we do have Harada's tweet saying, "Look back to TEKKEN history. Arcade version is always update and Expansion." However, with Michael's tweet saying, "If you haven't been to the location test, please go and support them! It could lead to an official release if it does well!"

Then let's look at the last official release in USA.
Tekken 5
Arcade Release: Fall 2004
Console Release: March 2005

Tekken 5 DR
Arcade Release: December 2005
Console Release: February 2007

If you did not have an arcade near you. You were stuck with an inferior copy of the game for 2 years counting the Tekken 5.1 update. To add insult to it all, Tekken 6 released in arcades less than a year after the world finally got T5DR. So the moral of that story may be that sure, we might get Tekken 7 eventually, but it will be old news as Tekken X Street Fighter has just dropped in arcades! And that's only the good side of Tekken's recent past, if we follow Tekken 6... Yeah...., I gotta walk off the tears on that note.

This is one of the prerequisites to becoming a Tekken fan in the west. You have to knowingly acknowledge that whenever you will get the game, it will be old. I guess I came to terms and settled with it early.

'What" could lead to an official release?

The money? The customer input?

Lead to an official release meaning, an official release of the arcade version in America?

I wish he was more specific about that Tweet.

Businesses need to see that this expensive arcade machine is actually drawing enough customers to be worth keeping. So go out and play it, so it sticks.

Of course, if the arcade machine doesn't matter to you then you can just disregard this news entirely. None of this will make the console version appear any faster. Namco's arcade division probably has had a plan in place that will be years in the milking making.

lupinko

I think TTTT should be able to stick around alongside T7. It's a different game in general. Although I do see the counter argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom