• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

I agree with this.

I mean the fact it has the tag element alone changes things. You didn't have Capcom players go, oh we can't play Marvel 3 and SF4 at the same time. If SFxTK wasn't awful I'm sure people would have still played it.

But anyway on topic:

Big differences between TTTT and T7:
- tag (this is huge)
- bound system changes (this too since a lot of combos went bye bye as a result)
- character roster / balance
- sidestepping / movement change
- Tekken 7's new stuff like the crappy rage arts, and the armor moves (well they have armor effect sparks now), also you cannot forget about the really dumb slow motion dramatic effect bullshit thing

The only counter argument I see people throwing out is that both are Tekken. Which is silly and uniformed.

Numb

JustFrameJames, at it again

Ev7ivwK.gif
Miss those weekly WNFs where we got JFJ this madness on the regular.

Managed to catch it live and linked it then but no one posted the YT versions i think.

sasuke_91

Managed to catch it live and linked it then but no one posted the YT versions i think.
That Speedkicks vs Princess Ling match was intense and definitely one of my favourite matches ever.
The stuff P.Ling pulled out with Xiaoyu was crazy. I've never seen something like this.

Numb

That Speedkicks vs Princess Ling match was intense and definitely one of my favourite matches ever.
The stuff P.Ling pulled out with Xiaoyu was crazy. I've never seen something like this.
Seems like he didn't upload the stream one exactly when he did his own commentary.
P.Ling is hype to watch. All these craziness.

AAK

It's truly a shame that Tekken always cannibalizes itself with every new game.

But just looking at the Strongstyle footage alone, so much more of an ambitious game. :(

It's truly a shame that Tekken always cannibalizes itself with every new game.

But just looking at the Strongstyle footage alone, so much more of an ambitious game. :(

Tag 2 is not my favorite fighting game but I honestly believe it's the best fighting game ever. I think the game deserves to be played for decades.

Manbig

Also, SF5 is fun and all, but appears to be figured out after only a few days of total time. I was sad to actually become bored of it after getting much time with it.

People haven't figure out shit. We've mostly only had access to 4 of the characters for most of these betas, and the full cast hasn't even been announced. The V Skills and V Triggers are going to cause absolute havoc as far as having to learn how to come up with and deal with set ups. This game will probably take a little while before it gets figured out.

People haven't figure out shit. We've mostly only had access to 4 of the characters for most of these betas, and the full cast hasn't even been announced. The V Skills and V Triggers are going to cause absolute havoc as far as having to learn how to come up with and deal with set ups. This game will probably take a little while before it gets figured out.

What set ups? There are no hard KDs. Throw range is super short. Most-V-skills are defensive tools. People get 1 V-trigger a round. Only Mika and Charlie have set up V-triggers and again they only get 1 per round. The game is dry as fuck.

The only potential for set ups is off of air resets SFIV Yang style.

AAK

And yet despite all of that, SFV still has more to discover going from SFIV compared to what there is to discover going from TTT2 --> T7.

Manbig

What set ups? There are no hard KDs. Throw range is super short. Most-V-skills are defensive tools. People get 1 V-trigger a round. Only Mika and Charlie have set up V-triggers and again they only get 1 per round. The game is dry as fuck.

The only potential for set ups is off of air resets SFIV Yang style.

Bullshit.

- Out of the current 6 character cast, only 3 V-Skills are defensive.

- We already know that R. Mika's is something that she sets up with space or off of a knock down.

- Air resets make the characters fall slower, and the game is absolutely full of them.

- The damage is so high, that one reset into a stun is all you need to seal the deal

- The V-Triggers are absolute game changers that lead to either big damage combos, or set ups that score big damage.

To already make a conclusion that everything about this game is figured out when you guys have only seen a fraction of the cast is an absolute joke of a statement.

I think TTTT should be able to stick around alongside T7. It's a different game in general. Although I do see the counter argument.

Don't see the point of it taking up space.

I mean the fact it has the tag element alone changes things. You didn't have Capcom players go, oh we can't play Marvel 3 and SF4 at the same time. If SFxTK wasn't awful I'm sure people would have still played it.

That's a false analogy anyways. That's like saying Soul Calibur and Tekken should both be played not that TTT2 and T7 should be played.

If there's a side tournament sure yall can go play TTT2. Otherwise fuck that game tbh.

sasuke_91

Doesn't change the fact.

I'd love to hear anyone say otherwise and explain why T7 has more to discover coming from TTT2 vs SFV coming from SFIV.

There's a lot of bugs to discover at the moment for sure :p
Just kidding. I agree with you though.

This is boring.

YawningBillRussell.gif

What I'm watching I feel like I've been watching for a year. Yeah, it's incomplete, yeah, there's still ways to go, but whatever.
I don't watch T7 streams too often. It's just not so fun to watch a game I won't play for another decade.

Numb, we need some context. What tastes like I imagined? That video is hilarious though.

How long is Sayah banned? It's a little too much in my opinion, even by NeoGAF-bullshit standards.

Numb

Ayy let me know when the next Pokken tournament is gonna be.
xD2pYOz.png
pfft.
There's a lot of bugs to discover at the moment for sure :p
Just kidding. I agree with you though.

I don't watch T7 streams too often. It's just not so fun to watch a game I won't play for another decade.

Numb, we need some context. What tastes like I imagined? That video is hilarious though.

How long is Sayah banned? It's a little too much in my opinion, even by NeoGAF-bullshit standards.
I watch the streams sometimes when i catch them

Pizza. i made a post with some low tier pizza recipe. and its about its quality i believe. like tastes like it looks
im not a cook

lupinko

It could be worse I guess, this game came out 4 years ago and it looks like it's never coming to consoles, even though that was never implied to begin with.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball:_Zenkai_Battle_Royale

That game is awful, Bamco couldn't even do it right. All they had to do was copy Gundam with DBZ but they couldn't even do that. That DBZ game also runs at 30fps rubbish, is low resolution and controls shitty like some of the bad console DBZ 3d games. The only good one was Super DBZ and the one for 3DS by ASW.

Anyway this was an interesting opponent yesterday.

IVTnd7f.jpg

I won, but his red custom was pretty sweet.

Sayah

Thanks for the support from everyone here. Really appreciate it.

I generally don't post in offtopic anyway but I guess I'll avoid those discussions in the future. I am annoyed though that duckroll didn't even roll an eye towards another comment way more "rude" than mines posted on the same page. I guess since it wasn't directed at a mod, it got ignored, lol.

@tera sorry to hear the cheap fix didn't work. The only console it didn't work on for me is the Wii. But I've used it on PS3 and Wii U in the past without issues. Guess it varies by monitor. Sorry you had to waste money on this.

DEATH™;176841071 said:
I wish Sayah is here to see this...
I did. Got me hyped for all but two seconds until I read your spoiler and realized I was probably gonna get rick rolled or something. :p

Numb

Still doesn't explain the video about a Korean idol, but hilarious either way :D

He'll be back in October. Half a year is almost over... time flies o_O

Welcome back Sayah!

Haha it's just weird.
Wow i thought he would be back around the start of september. Seems like ages since last i saw him here.

Been a minute since we last played. You down for some matches?

sasuke_91

Been a minute since we last played. You down for some matches?

Haha, you ask the day I start studying again. I'm sitting in the library, but we can play some matches when I get home.
My Ling has made some progress, so look forward to her gimmicks :D

Numb

Haha, you ask the day I start studying again. I'm sitting in the library, but we can play some matches when I get home.
My Ling has made some progress, so look forward to her gimmicks :D

Excellent.
ugh..ling :)
Look forward to my zero progress made since the first time we played.

Dereck

That game is awful, Bamco couldn't even do it right. All they had to do was copy Gundam with DBZ but they couldn't even do that. That DBZ game also runs at 30fps rubbish, is low resolution and controls shitty like some of the bad console DBZ 3d games.
xGRVPnj.gif

Numb

Would play but haven't played any matches let alone online.
Our connections are more than shit aswell it seems going from that one tme we played..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom