• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEATH™

It was a joke, just like Tekken 7

christ-pratt-oh-snap-gif.gif

Numb

I hope it gets ported to the Wii U so I can get this aiimbo with it, there's no doubt that it would be compatible.

YKaz6IS.jpg
Namco. Dammit.

Waiting for that Mokujin amiibo for Pokken after he guest stars. Announcement coming any day now. My first amiibo.

Numb

Pikachu with the Mishima bloodline.We will be seeing more than enough Tekken moves in this game.
Hope RIP besting Justin fires up the Tekken community into picking it up I am interested. Waiting for Hawlucha.
20140523163158!Hawlucha_XY.gif

Sayah

Shows the difference in what certain players care about. I thought BR was my favorite Tekken after I had played Tag 2 for 3 years straight. BR being a good game was never part of my argument however, but as you can see casual players rate the entire game along with the gameplay and that's fair.

Also @DEATH
Yeah I agree the entire game needs to be rated along with gameplay.

But with fighting games, the most important thing forr me is gameplay. I won't hate on a fighting game if the gameplay is top notch even if the other aspects are not as refined.

Even if you look a capcom games like mvc3, the single player content is barebones, the netcode is ish, and the game is very unbalanced but I still loved playing the game because the gameplay system is just really amazing.

I have it, but I don't know why you would want to play with that netcode.

I played Tekken 6 a few months ago and it was playing surprisingly well and not as crappy as I remembered it to be. It's even more surprising the game is six years old and still not dead online.

sasuke_91

It was a joke, just like Tekken 7

Thank you for making my day :D

Is Tekken 7 better than Tekken Advance though?

The game looks pretty good, actually. Way better than the other fighters I've played on the original GB and GBA.

Dunno, the closest I can see is Hitmonlee basically just being a Pokemon with Marshall Law's movelist.

I imagine Hitmonchan with Steve Fox's movelist would look pretty cool.

I played Tekken 6 a few months ago and it was playing surprisingly well and not as crappy as I remembered it to be. It's even more surprising the game is six years old and still not dead online.

Yep, servers still running and 4-5 bars are well playable. Anything below 4 bars is a mess though.

@Numb: Terra Formars? Could as well be a Titan from Attack on Titans.

For the casual player, Tekken 6 is just a game about juggling and juggling is "too hard". T6 is a ridiculously great game. If only the netcode was better.
Numb, Doomshine, SquirrelSoup, do you guys have T6? I'd love to play that with you now and then. I played with GrayFox a few times already.

I don't have T6 actually. Are there any good reasons to play that over TTT2 solo?

As to the 'best Tekken' thread, i really had to bite my lip to stay out of there. But i understand how people can like the older games better. They were better -for that time- so people enjoyed them more back then than they do the newer ones now.

That also includes enjoying only playing your kid neighbour more than getting mauled online and having your fragile ego crushed. And combos are haaaard. <.<;

Objectively calling the older games 'better' seems pretty dumb to me though.

Sayah

I don't have T6 actually. Are there any good reasons to play that over TTT2 solo?

As to the 'best Tekken' thread, i really had to bite my lip to stay out of there. But i understand how people can like the older games better. They were better -for that time- so people enjoyed them more back then than they do the newer ones now.

That also includes enjoying only playing your kid neighbour more than getting mauled online and having your fragile ego crushed. And combos are haaaard. <.<;

Objectively calling the older games 'better' seems pretty dumb to me though.

I don't think TTT2 1v1 is the same as T6 1v1. Most of the wall stages in TTT2 are much bigger in relation to T6s comparatively smaller stages. Bigger stages to me means more room to turtle and be defensive whereas T6 feels a lot more grounded and up close. That's just my opinion at least based on playing both games. It's why I don't agree with abandoning T6 just because there's a solo option in TTT2.

TTT2 is obviously the better game but I'm not lying when I say that I prefer the solo in Tekken 6. Both games provide a lot of intensity at high level play but TTT2 is more of the frustrating kind.

As far as old games, it's all just nostalgia. I have great memories of T3, T4, and T5 and they were great for their time but objectively, I also agree they're not as good as the recent games.

Dereck

I wasn't surprised to see Ling's performance taper off later on into the set.

I guess no one talked about Summer Jam 9 simply because of the low amount of entrants and the low amount of big names.

Numb

That first match Ling had was so intense too and he won.
I did see Soul calibur one time i think but the majority was MK and Ultra.

Manbig

The majors that GM wins are usually ignored, because they are East Coast based, and a lot of the heavy guns from the other parts of the country rarely go to those.

Having said that, Princess Ling exposed his rawness during that set with GM. He relied a bit too much on the classic online player style tactic of throwing out moves from across the screen with Ling and hoping that GM would run into it. GM figured out his timing and pretty much ate him alive. You especially knew that things were grim when P. Ling went for the extension off of Lei's f,f+3. You should pretty much NEVER do that versus high level competition that knows the match up, and seeing as how Exalted (one of the guys on commentary there) is our local Lei player, GM definitely has that match up experience.

Basically, Princess Ling is obviously a great player, but he's gonna have to start learning how to read his opponents better within a tournament set, and rely less on his gimmicky set ups to carry him.

Dereck

The majors that GM wins are usually ignored, because they are East Coast based, and a lot of the heavy guns from the other parts of the country rarely go to those.

Having said that, Princess Ling exposed his rawness during that set with GM. He relied a bit too much on the classic online player style tactic of throwing out moves from across the screen with Ling and hoping that GM would run into it. GM figured out his timing and pretty much ate him alive. You especially knew that things were grim when P. Ling went for the extension off of Lei's f,f+3. You should pretty much NEVER do that versus high level competition that knows the match up, and seeing as how Exalted (one of the guys on commentary there) is our local Lei player, GM definitely has that match up experience.

Basically, Princess Ling is obviously a great player, but he's gonna have to start learning how to read his opponents better within a tournament set, and rely less on his gimmicky set ups to carry him.
Yep

Numb

I have seen too many Kazumi bikini matches to know this.
Just try to find king doing his multi grabs that end with the muscle buster on Kazumi. It is a funny and horrible sight. She is somehow the smallest female in tekken too underneath all them layers.

Manbig

Man, I didn't even add the part where he missed a ton of punishment opportunities, and when GM obviously had a good read on how to punish the tricky stuff of both of his characters, he never really did anything to adapt. GM saw that he was abusing Lei's haha step to create space and bait whiffs, so GM started to use Lee's forward moving strings to close the gap and make him hurt. Not one time did P. Ling try to haha step and cancel into a sidestep, or even into a backdash. He just either kept trying to attack, or just stood still and blocked it. There was absolutely no attempt to deter GM from using those options in those situations.

For Ling, GM started to punish the rolls with the floats, and several other moves that would just hit him out of them, but he couldn't help himself. It's like he knew no other way to try to close the distance with Ling other than rolling, or using that f,f+4. GM pretty much had almost no reason to fear him dashing in. He was free to press buttons almost every time.

These are the kinds of things that he needs to take away from these loses and learn to do better next time. Maybe he didn't have much high level Lee experience. Either way, I guess that doesn't matter so much now since Lee has yet to be announced in Tekken 7. Still though, I do think that he has a long way to go in leveling up his yomi and adaptation. Good reactions and gimmicky set ups will carry you far versus most competition in USA, but I don't think that he will be much more than a semi consistent top 8 placer if he keeps playing like that.

Numb

The commentary was hilarious too. Taking jabs on everybody calling GM Mr.Burns and wondering where Smithers was at. Had me chuckling.
Pling only Ling i can watch since he plays like a madman together with Lei.

Fighters always shying away from putting some junk in the trunk but the chest is everywhere. smh

lupinko

Speaking of bikinis you can't get them anymore just like idolmaster, but you can still get the shirtless men though.

#suchdiscrimination

Dereck

Cuddle Core is the most stoic, patient, and solid player I've played in awhile. Couldn't even get a round off of her, god damn.

Dereck

Either she got better or something or..I dunno

I played her last year and while she was good I was at least able to do something.

I might upload them later

Ruehl

Neo Member
Tekken Crash:
So happy to see Chanel take the winning match! Congratulations to the whole team though! ^_^ #NerfShaheen

Dereck

I only played CC once and our connection was unplayable... which is funny considering Chicago is only around 10 hours drive from Ottawa....

But yeah, she's super skilled. It also puts into perspective how good other newer players are since BrawlPro managed to 3-0 her in Combo Breaker.
Insane, once again, Lil Majin beat her, and I can barely even beat her!

The tiers in competitive Tekken are too strong. By the way, looking at my replays, I beat her once. I guess I just didn't remember because all I remembered was trying to get her to press buttons, and she didn't.

If online players are flowchart players, Cuddle Core is the complete opposite.

I've never lost to someone so badly who rarely pressed buttons.

sasuke_91

The tiers in competitive Tekken are too strong.

I played some of the best German players Online and I won't be able to beat any of them once even if I do nothing but play Tekken all day from now on. And these guys are pretty much unknown in the international scene. High level Tekken sometimes scares me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom