• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

Well they're working on an update for T7 now. Hoping you guys will be satisfied then.

They clearly can be doing a better job in a lot of areas (character designs/costumes, customizations, new features) but, at the same time, I've played the game and I was very happy with it. It's definitely not a "lazy" game but they can improve more.

Manbig

Why is everything so quiet around Tekken 7 now. :(

There's not really anything else to say until more actual news gets announced. At this point we're just waiting on the inevitable expansion pack/major update for the game. It's pretty much the same 'ol Tekken cycle as usual. It's just still relatively new to a lot of people here.

Dereck

Good fights, I really do not care for watching Lars do anything, there is zero fluidity in his movements, and attacks, just ugly all around.

Numb

AK looking good. Didn't know he used other people other than Paul/Law.

Watching Tekken 7 King matches and literally everyone is doing the same combo and ending with the shining. Good lord did it get boring fast.
The only time you don't see the same exact combo to ender is during wall carry.

Good games Doom. Seems like we had the same amount of wins on each other.
Hope your controller works Gray.

Dereck

Watching Tekken 7 King matches and literally everyone is doing the same combo and ending with the shining. Good lord did it get boring fast.
The only time you don't see the same exact combo to ender is during wall carry.
That Shining is starting to look ugly as fuck in the context of Tekken 7, it's an old animation and the skeletons of the people being grabbed by it always look finicky.

Numb

That Shining is starting to look ugly as fuck in the context of Tekken 7, it's an old animation and the skeletons of the people being grabbed by it always look finicky.
You slow-mo it and the victim does the full old 360 flip on the ground before getting grabbed.
This is crazy.

Dereck

kHxAmhW.gif

That's actually an old gif, I'm watching a video from a few days ago to see if anything was changed.

EDIT:

tXBegyt.gif

That's not Shining Wizard, you can post some gifs of that if you want.

EDIT 2: What's up with King's head before and during the grab?

Numb

kHxAmhW.gif

That's actually an old gif, I'm watching a video from a few days ago to see if anything was changed.

EDIT:

tXBegyt.gif

That's not Shining Wizard, you can post some gifs of that if you want.

Thats the one i meant. Shinng is just the standing version. I call them the same.
That flip is dumb

His head goes deep in the crotch it seems lol

Dereck

3 Year Anniversary Boyz

Jokes aside, all seriousness, bottle of water at the table, Harada might be agitated, and I get it.

What I want from Tekken 7 is unrealistic, I'm not 14 anymore, things are different, the fighting game world is different. The climate is different, the audiences are different, game consoles are different, the internet is more evolved. Right now I have the ability to tell Harada whatever I would like to tell him, on Twitter, even though we speak different languages, but that's not the point.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was the first time I ever got competitive in a fighting game. With the help from the players here on NeoGAF, a few years ago in Tekken 6, I learned Law and Miguel. I went from a dragon tail totin', double flip chuckin, b 1,2,1 spamming scrub in 2012, to a mildly competent player who intruded into the New Mexico Tekken scene and got second place in my first tournament. Tekken GAF has supported me forever and always. As a prize, I got Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on the Wii U, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and a t-shirt. Both games are still shrink wrapped, and shirt has never been worn. This wouldn't have been able to happen without Tekken GAF. This wouldn't have been possible without Harada.

Tekken 7 is hardly what I want, but when I look back on what Harada gave us in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, costume decals, Unknown as the final boss, Tekken Tunes, Forest Law, Violet, Prototype Jack, tag combos, tag assault, wall breaks and much more, I can't help but feel like what I want really doesn't matter. What I want might not even make Bandai Namco money, and that's cool. Everyone needs money.

He allowed us to partake in so many tournaments. I cannot to this day summate the amount of hours I have spent recording my own matches. How many videos I have favorited on YouTube, my favorite matches. NYC Fab vs Fighting GM (numerous times), JFJ vs Rip at Wednesday Night Fights, Lil Majin vs Anakin, Inkognito against almost all of the top Tekken Tag 2 American players in the same tournament, KOR doing the most absurd, off-axis, back turn, wall combos with Bobs, and having them all land, Mr. Naps being an absolute beast. Runitblack being a dick, man, it really has been something else with this game.

P.S. Check out this back turn combo I pulled off like a mawfuckin G

c0bRk0h.gif

gCdl2SO.gif

EDIT:

Shit, the image I made on imgur got showed in the latest ATP, for real this time.

Numb

3 Year Anniversary Boyz
TTT2 is really special to me. My GOAT still and doubt it will be beat anytime soon.(maybe TTT3).
Watched so much and played even more. After coming from the stone ages and playing some T6 it was at a time i was really hungry for some fight games to play online and i have played more than i can admit to regular people. The game is so so deep and fun that there was not a single low moment for me these past years. It feels like i played only one year instead of 3.

T7 on the other hand igives me little hype. I am excited for it based on it being a tekken game and the new guys but it needs more. They took too little a step forward to make me happy. We will see is all i can say. TXSF will save the GAMING INDUSTRY tho.
GGs, but I have to ask: is someone using your connection at the same time or are you on wireless? I have an unstable connection with you and it's driving me nuts.

Dont know man. You only dude in EU i got the weird connections with. I run wired never wifi.

@Sasuke
You got me excited for T6 agan and i got it. We should play it sometime.

AAK

It's been a real fun time indeed for TTT2. So many magical moments for myself as well. The online allowed me to play so many American top players like Anakin, Fab, Kodee, AV2K, and have such great sets with so many people on GAF. Other highlights include:

- The things that JFJ pulled in this game with his Law/Yoshimitsu team is just beautiful.
- Only Practice's mastery of optimizing the Tag Assault system
- Seeing JDCR shutting down juggernaut prodigies like Gen & AK by making them kill themselves unlike any other player out there
- The entirety of the final Northwest Majors that took place that had pretty much every top tier American Tekken player except GM.

All in all, the kind of game TTT2 turned out despite the putrid customizations and clone teams, it's a monumental achievement in fighting games. And looking at the future prospects and trends it's pretty obvious we will probably never see another fighting game with as much content, depth, and technical mechanics as TTT2. 3 years of awesome. I will never forget the day it was announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUzSlQJSCz4

I was just so happy.

sasuke_91

Dont know man. You only dude in EU i got the weird connections with. I run wired never wifi.

We do get an unstable connection now and then, but it works most of the time.

@Sasuke
You got me excited for T6 agan and i got it. We should play it sometime.
Hahaa, we should definitely play sometimes :D

When I came here almost 2 years ago, I didn't know a thing about Tekken. I didn't know what punishing really meant, I had no idea about the notation and I didn't know what the fuck EWGF was supposed to be. I played nothing but ranked matches and was stuck in the light blue ranks (Mentor-Grand Master). When I came here I saw you guys talking about team synergy, + and - frames and how to step strings and my first thought was "We can't be talking about the same game...".
I've never been this serious with a game, watching hours and hours of tutorials and gameplay and discussing strategies.
I don't think Tekken 7 will be as fun as TTT2. I just think that I started playing this game way too late.

Numb

We do get an unstable connection now and then, but it works most of the time.

Hahaa, we should definitely play sometimes :D

We get 5bars but its finincky sometimes. Weird.

Played some ghost battle and shocked to find out my Mokujin has his 6yrs old custom still. Game looks real smooth and plays amazing. The PSP version messed with me too much.

AAK

Whelp looks like SF is gonna snatch that middle eastern market before Namco despite being late with the character design.

But the name might end up getting Capcom in trouble. Rasheed is one of the names reserved for God in Islam meaning "Guider to the right path". Hence in Islamic culture the name Abdul-Rasheed is what's given to people which translates to "servant of Rasheed".

I've never met anyone plainly called Rasheed, always an Abdul preceding it. But maybe and hopefully it doesn't cause any big hysteria.

Numb

Whelp looks like SF is gonna snatch that middle eastern market before Namco despite being late with the character design.

But the name might end up getting Capcom in trouble. Rasheed is one of the names reserved for God in Islam meaning "Guider to the right path". Hence in Islamic culture the name Abdul-Rasheed is what's given to people which translates to "servant of Rasheed".

I've never met anyone plainly called Rasheed, always an Abdul preceding it. But maybe and hopefully it doesn't cause any big hysteria.

Didn't even think about that. You can have all those names of god at the beginning page of the Quran but you need that Abdul infront of it. Even i got one.(Birth name).
I am sure japan didn't notice it tho like Harada with that arab stage stuff. Wonder how well the people who notice and are muslims will take it.

sasuke_91

I know a lot of guys called Rashid. There's even a female version Rashida. There are some names that don't necessarily have to get a "Abdul" before them, depending on the name's meaning. "Hamid" for example can be used without a "Abd" before it, if you say "Al-Hamid" with "Al" being an article you always refer to god though. Calling a person "Al-Hamid" is not possible.
Some names only refer to god, like "Arrahman", "Arraheem" or the most obvious "Allah". Those can't be used without adding a "Abd" before them.
It's not an easy topic, I also have to reread some stuff about it again.

AAK

I guess you're right about the "Al-" suffix being the thing that's a no-no. That makes more sense. But I thought "Rashid" and "Rasheed" are different names? The SFV trailer pronounced it with an "ee" sound rather than "i".

Numb

I know a lot of guys called Rashid. There's even a female version Rashida. There are some names that don't necessarily have to get a "Abdul" before them, depending on the name's meaning. "Hamid" for example can be used without a "Abd" before it, if you say "Al-Hamid" with "Al" being an article you always refer to god though. Calling a person "Al-Hamid" is not possible.
Some names only refer to god, like "Arrahman", "Arraheem" or the most obvious "Allah". Those can't be used without adding a "Abd" before them.
It's not an easy topic, I also have to reread some stuff about it again.
Seems to be the case. These are the obvious ones you can see everywhere.People just throw Abdi infront of it all the time and call it a day. You don't see people going for the more complex god names tho.

Also get on Tekken 6 if you can. I'm feeling the hype.

sasuke_91

But I thought "Rashid" and "Rasheed" are different names? The SFV trailer pronounced it with an "ee" sound rather than "i".
Yeah that's a problem. In Germany it's "Rashid" and you never know if it's Raashid or Rasheed because both names exist and now I'm not 100% sure if Rasheed can be used without Abd :p

@Numb: I can play a few rounds I guess

sasuke_91

Sorry Numb. I had to leave immediately and T6 doesn't have in-game chat. Didn't make it back in time either. Do you have some time now? I'm Online again.

@AAK: I had a little talk with my father. He says both Rasheed and Raashid can be used as names. Rasheed being one of the 99 names can only be used without adding Al (which would make it "Arrasheed").
I guess there's still going to be some idiots who will get offended. It's the internet we're talking about here :/

@Numb: Nevermind, just got your message :)

Numb

Sorry Numb. I had to leave immediately and T6 doesn't have in-game chat. Didn't make it back in time either. Do you have some time now? I'm Online again.

@AAK: I had a little talk with my father. He says both Rasheed and Raashid can be used as names. Rasheed being one of the 99 names can only be used without adding Al (which would make it "Arrasheed").
I guess there's still going to be some idiots who will get offended. It's the internet we're talking about here :/

Cool im coming.
Thanks for the Clarification. Seems like there is a character called Al-Rashid in a fighter already tho.

sasuke_91

Cool im coming.
Thanks for the Clarification. Seems like there is a character called Al-Rashid in a fighter already tho.
Yeah there seem to be a lot of "Al-Rashid"s floating around. Seems weird to me.
By the way, "Al-Rashid" would be gramatically incorrect. It would always be "Ar-Rashid", but that's just me wanting to sound intelligent :p

Good games Numb. Tekken 6 is a lot laggier unfortunately. The worst thing was the connection dropping to 3 bars at one point.
I have no costumes in T6 and I deleted my savegame when I got TTT2 (because I thought I'd never come back to T6 anyway), so I have no money left either. The worst thing is that the game expects you to play the campaign to earn enough money, but I have no desire to play that shit ever again...
T6 Hwoarang is so hard to play. He lacks a lot of moves he has in TTT2. I also always try to do his TTT2 juggle after df+2. LFS df+3 not bounding is so stupid. His wall carry is also infintely harder for me because he doesn't have LFS uf+3+4... He also doesn't have his most badass combo from TTT2 (or it's way harder to execute) CH RFF b+3 into JFSR. You can easily get a death combo out of it!
My T6 Lee is hopeless for some reason. Couldn't get anything done with him.
The only one that feels just as good as in TTT2 is Steve. The only move I really miss is FC df+1 into PAB. That's how I basically start my offense all the time.
6 years (or more?) of playing Mokujin has made you into such a versatile player. You're full of surprises. Keep it up :D

Numb

Yeah there seem to be a lot of "Al-Rashid"s floating around. Seems weird to me.
By the way, "Al-Rashid" would be gramatically incorrect. It would always be "Ar-Rashid", but that's just me wanting to sound intelligent :p

Good games Numb. Tekken 6 is a lot laggier unfortunately. The worst thing was the connection dropping to 3 bars at one point.
I have no costumes in T6 and I deleted my savegame when I got TTT2 (because I thought I'd never come back to T6 anyway), so I have no money left either. The worst thing is that the game expects you to play the campaign to earn enough money, but I have no desire to play that shit ever again...
T6 Hwoarang is so hard to play. He lacks a lot of moves he has in TTT2. I also always try to do his TTT2 juggle after df+2. LFS df+3 not bounding is so stupid. His wall carry is also infintely harder for me because he doesn't have LFS uf+3+4... He also doesn't have his most badass combo from TTT2 (or it's way harder to execute) CH RFF b+3 into JFSR. You can easily get a death combo out of it!
My T6 Lee is hopeless for some reason. Couldn't get anything done with him.
The only one that feels just as good as in TTT2 is Steve. The only move I really miss is FC df+1 into PAB. That's how I basically start my offense all the time.
6 years (or more?) of playing Mokujin has made you into such a versatile player. You're full of surprises. Keep it up :D
GGs bud. Online was to be expected but that 3 bar moment was bad.Really like T6 and it's fast close range rounds. Didn't realize how much i missed short stages. I just went random since i was cool with everyone of them unlike tag where i go for the german stage because it closely feels like a solo tekken stage.
Game might have been different but i played the same way i do in Tag. Nothing changed for me. Wasn't lying when i said i always play the same no matter what. It is true so the transition to old tekken might have been easier for me than you. One thing i forgot was Yoshi's sword unblockable input was different. I tried to stab you many times lol. Hope we can do it more often. Tag 2 solo is just not the same.

Manbig

3 Year Anniversary Boyz

Jokes aside, all seriousness, bottle of water at the table, Harada might be agitated, and I get it.

What I want from Tekken 7 is unrealistic, I'm not 14 anymore, things are different, the fighting game world is different. The climate is different, the audiences are different, game consoles are different, the internet is more evolved. Right now I have the ability to tell Harada whatever I would like to tell him, on Twitter, even though we speak different languages, but that's not the point.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was the first time I ever got competitive in a fighting game. With the help from the players here on NeoGAF, a few years ago in Tekken 6, I learned Law and Miguel. I went from a dragon tail totin', double flip chuckin, b 1,2,1 spamming scrub in 2012, to a mildly competent player who intruded into the New Mexico Tekken scene and got second place in my first tournament. Tekken GAF has supported me forever and always. As a prize, I got Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on the Wii U, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and a t-shirt. Both games are still shrink wrapped, and shirt has never been worn. This wouldn't have been able to happen without Tekken GAF. This wouldn't have been possible without Harada.

Tekken 7 is hardly what I want, but when I look back on what Harada gave us in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, costume decals, Unknown as the final boss, Tekken Tunes, Forest Law, Violet, Prototype Jack, tag combos, tag assault, wall breaks and much more, I can't help but feel like what I want really doesn't matter. What I want might not even make Bandai Namco money, and that's cool. Everyone needs money.

He allowed us to partake in so many tournaments. I cannot to this day summate the amount of hours I have spent recording my own matches. How many videos I have favorited on YouTube, my favorite matches. NYC Fab vs Fighting GM (numerous times), JFJ vs Rip at Wednesday Night Fights, Lil Majin vs Anakin, Inkognito against almost all of the top Tekken Tag 2 American players in the same tournament, KOR doing the most absurd, off-axis, back turn, wall combos with Bobs, and having them all land, Mr. Naps being an absolute beast. Runitblack being a dick, man, it really has been something else with this game.

P.S. Check out this back turn combo I pulled off like a mawfuckin G

c0bRk0h.gif

gCdl2SO.gif

EDIT:

Shit, the image I made on imgur got showed in the latest ATP, for real this time.

Well said. Glad you got more out of Tag 2 than most did.

Idk I think I let life events ruin fighting games for me. Can't even play any fighting game at this point without getting really irritated and all of my good moments with TTT2 just feel like after thoughts.

I did enjoy the game though for awhile and I did reach a point where I felt competitive and able to give some of the best a good match.

Sayah

Can't believe it's already been three years for TTT2. Great game and glad to see people had good experiences.

Also can't believe there are people condemning Capcom for revealing an Arab character on 9/11.

Numb

Can't believe it's already been three years for TTT2. Great game and glad to see people had good experiences.

Also can't believe there are people condemning Capcom for revealing an Arab character on 9/11.

Alot of feelings going around and there also some who are just trolling.

Manbig

And then there are some that are just kinda idiots that say idiotic things sometimes without thinking through what they really mean. Shout outs to Aris. :p

Dereck

The biggest hitters that I saw in the Tekken Pools for TFC 2015

Pokchop
Princess Ling
Shinblade
Obscure Darkness
AceUnlimited

sasuke_91

I couldn't believe it when I read that. I really hoped it was just people trolling, but some of them were actually serious... o_O

AAK should change his name to AFK :p
Just kidding. I want to try playing you some day. The last time we played was when I got my connection issues under control and as far as I remember it wasn't nearly as bad as before that.

Dereck

No one gives a dick about The Fall Classic right now, and no one should really. The lineup is not very good, at the fault of no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom