• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

Welp, against my better judgement I've reinstalled and patched up Tekken 6 :eek:

My offer to play SCV or VF5 still stands though.

Haha I knew you'd give in and reinstall it eventually :p

I don't have SCV or VF5 unfortunately.

Good games, Sasuke! That was fun. Though my connection to that azm guy was.. pretty poor.
Yep that was fun! Good games!
azm is too good, I already knew he'd get a 10 win streak when I invited him. He took a break to let us play though. You did very well against him by the way.
Did you see the combo I pulled off on him? :3

H
Yep that was fun! Good games!
azm is too good, I already knew he'd get a 10 win streak when I invited him. He took a break to let us play though. You did very well against him by the way.
Did you see the combo I pulled off on him? :3

I missed it! D= Must have walked off for a sec..

My offer to play SCV or VF5 still stands though.

I'll play you in SC5. I loved that game, I bet i'm super rusty though. Just poke me some time and i'll dig it out.

Oh man, that was delicious. I'm playing TR (just ranked up to Fujin, yay! ), run into some Lili player. Know how a lot of Lili players are basically in love with her df3+4 whenever they're at long range? It's a good move and the followups make it hard to deal with...

--in TTT2. In TR a lot of characters can just throw out their invincible move for free after she does it and explode her or at the very least trade favorably. So i bop this guy for doing it twice and yet he keeps on going for it the whole match. Then calls me a noob. I ask 'Why'd you lose to a noob?' and the torrent of hate begins. Spammer, son of a bitch, fagot(sic).

Lovely. This is a good day. 8D

Sayah

After trying so hard to learn stick, I'm still no good at it.

I haven't been practicing that much recently, though, and don't seem to have the patience to grind through the learning process for the 1 to 2 months it takes.

sasuke_91

Oh man, that was delicious. I'm playing TR (just ranked up to Fujin, yay! ), run into some Lili player. Know how a lot of Lili players are basically in love with her df3+4 whenever they're at long range? It's a good move and the followups make it hard to deal with...

--in TTT2. In TR a lot of characters can just throw out their invincible move for free after she does it and explode her or at the very least trade favorably. So i bop this guy for doing it twice and yet he keeps on going for it the whole match. Then calls me a noob. I ask 'Why'd you lose to a noob?' and the torrent of hate begins. Spammer, son of a bitch, fagot(sic).

Lovely. This is a good day. 8D
Invincible moves basically made Hwoarang the lowest of low tier in TR :p

I love hatemails! Maybe I'm a little weird, but knowing that you pissed someone off so hard by being better than him that he bothers typing a message to further confirm how much better you are is so satisfying xD
No matter how you look at it... I am a little weird...

Sayah

Well, I just read this.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...15-103-qualifying-event-at-round-1-puent.html

Feel bad for Michael. Poor guy wants to please the fans but is stuck between working with a Japanese company that won't think of its audience outside of Japan and is simultaneously receiving disgusting backlash from fans in the rest of the world. There are constructive ways to criticize things but some people always like to be extremely brash.

I don't think any Tekken game in franchise history has received as much hate as Tekken 7. Not Tekken 4. Not Tekken Revolution. After TTT2 sales, really concerned where this franchise will go next.

Another two year wait for console like Tekken 6 will likely guarantee this game to be dead on arrival. Some people have already said their farewells to the franchise and the rest that still care will probably be turned off with a wait that long. That's the worst case scenario at least.

I agree that they're not innovating enough and they're not marketing this game well enough.

Myeah, it's looking kinda grim. People don't like to feel like they're being ignored, and that's.. kinda happening <.< At this stage the console version will have to be fantabulous to make the general public perk up and the hardcore audience turn forgiving in a year or whatever it'll be.

It's weird how being ignored by Namco may just feel worse than being exploited (via late expensive import only minor updates) by Arcsys.

Maybe they'll have an announcement at TGS! lol. Nah.

Dereck

Come to think of it, it's about to be the Tekken 7 location test 1 year anniversary.
XsXKin2.png

Dereck

God damn the chat during the Sword of Dios and Drum EFX match was the most hilarious thing that's happened this year.

Chat was fucking lit, I was...involved.

EDIT: This chat is straight jokes

Anakin: if i threw a tournament in my neighborhood and everyone in the neighborhood shows up, that would be like 80 people....not a major

lsuBrem.png

BloodHawk: there's more tekken talent in this chat than in the top 8

lsuBrem.png

EDIT 2: Kodee just lost to Sword of Dios

2euUu4e.gif

EDIT 3: Princess Ling vs Obscure in this tournament was one of the best matches from lower tier American Tekken

EDIT 4: Ling got in Ace's ass

sasuke_91

I feel bad for Murray, but I can also understand the negativity. Giving out tickets to a tournament in Japan doesn't mean much if we haven't even laid hands on the game that is played there. I wouldn't complain about about a free trip to Japan though ;p
This doesn't justify the rudeness that some people kind of take for granted when they're "protected" by being on the internet. Why is being a dick on the internet so popular?

They can keep T7 for all I care. I've found a group of people that want to do some Offline sessions now and then, so I don't need a new game for the next year :p

Oh shit xD

Nigga really shouldn't be talking. All of those players have put their foot up his ass. Bloodhawk is such a scrub. Always thinks he is better than people who push his shit in or out place him. Dude is the Perfect Legend of Tekken...you know minus the ever winning a single major. Where he got his ego from I have no idea.

av2k

Nigga really shouldn't be talking. All of those players have put their foot up his ass. Bloodhawk is such a scrub. Always thinks he is better than people who push his shit in or out place him. Dude is the Perfect Legend of Tekken...you know minus the ever winning a single major. Where he got his ego from I have no idea.

o_o, damn you guys have history or something? That's a lot of hate. lol

o_o, damn you guys have history or something? That's a lot of hate. lol

We do have history but that's what ever. His attitude is pathetic. Even people who are his "friends" get sick of his attitude. Go into any Tekken chat there is BloodHawk saying something stupid & discrediting players. Dude needs to grow the fuck up.

av2k

We do have history but that's what ever. His attitude is pathetic. Even people who are his "friends" get sick of his attitude. Go into any Tekken chat there is BloodHawk saying something stupid & discrediting players. Dude needs to grow the fuck up.

Ah okay, he seemed like pretty cool fellow the few times I've met him in tournament so that's kind of a bummer to hear. Oh well.

I need to watch the finals of Tekken crash, I saw the entire season except for the last episode. Damn you MGS5!

Ah okay, he seemed like pretty cool fellow the few times I've met him in tournament so that's kind of a bummer to hear. Oh well.

I need to watch the finals of Tekken crash, I saw the entire season except for the last episode. Damn you MGS5!

I used to be cool with Steve too but I've heard him say a lot of shit about a lot of people & to me. So I don't give a fuck anymore.

Manbig

Bloodhawk and ZTS certainly do have a history! :p

I can only speak from the few times I've been around Steve, but he would usually make fun of other players in jest, and throw in quite a bit of self deprecation on himself as an underachieving player in the process. Outside of one specific instance that I witnessed in Chinatown Fair during the Tekken 6 days where he was quiet upset with losing to a certain player, but the dude was always cool as hell when I was around.

AAK

It's cool and all to see him trying to communicate with everyone... but I still see 0 signs of Namco (or MM) realizing and even beginning to address the central problem. Tekken needs a massive overhaul. And if they can't figure out a way to do so with the gameplay AT LEAST do something about the visuals. It's apparent now that they're completely oblivious... and it's pretty much guaranteed that it's gonna stay this way beyond the console release judging by how they're handling everything. I was talking about this with boutdown over Steam, where he had a really good point where the only thing Tekken 7 will have going for it is that it'll be the only non-arena based 3D fighter available on next gen systems, everything else about the game is just stuff you can experience on TTT2 solo mode.

But meh, I can't even be mad right now. These past few weeks have been some of the most enjoyable moments I've had in years thanks to Metal Gear Solid V. Playing this game has given me hope again to look forward to future gaming releases other than Tekken.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
To me I get the feeling that the normal talent that works on Tekken has been spread thin over too many projects. On a surface glance, Tekken 7's separation from Tag 2 looks smaller than the difference between Tekken 5 and 6. Maybe even smaller than than Tekken 6 to Tag 2.

It just feels like for the time that this game has been in development, they don't have a lot to show for it. Reused models, reused customs, no strong art direction, a handful of newbies, some which seem suspiciously similar to old characters who may or may not be cut. And all with what is currently a much smaller roster than the last two games.

The stages are pretty, but I can't help but feel "been there, done that" when looking at them (I know that the Dragon's Nest stage is quite literally a remade old stage, but I actually like that one 'cause of the storm).

Even the music, though serviceable, feels uninspired compared to the detailed, sometimes thematic sound in the tracks of previous games.

And the pervading sense that these observations are falling on deaf ears doesn't help matters.

Right now, Tekken 7 feels like a very by-the-books sequel without much direction or passion behind it.

Numb

To me I get the feeling that the normal talent that works on Tekken has been spread thin over too many projects. On a surface glance, Tekken 7's separation from Tag 2 looks smaller than the difference between Tekken 5 and 6. Maybe even smaller than than Tekken 6 to Tag 2.

It just feels like for the time that this game has been in development, they don't have a lot to show for it. Reused models, reused customs, no strong art direction, a handful of newbies, some which seem suspiciously similar to old characters who may or may not be cut. And all with what is currently a much smaller roster than the last two games.

The stages are pretty, but I can't help but feel "been there, done that" when looking at them (I know that the Dragon's Nest stage is quite literally a remade old stage, but I actually like that one 'cause of the storm).

Even the music, though serviceable, feels uninspired compared to the detailed, sometimes thematic sound in the tracks of previous games.

And the pervading sense that these observations are falling on deaf ears doesn't help matters.

Right now, Tekken 7 feels like a very by-the-books sequel without much direction or passion behind it.
And that passion they are putting on display is being felt by the fans aswell. Us.
I am more excited for that My Little Pony looking fighter than T7.
Playing T6 recently and feels like i already got 7 but better minus new guys.
The saddest thing is do they care?nope

Dereck

All true

Manbig

As down as you all seem about Tekken 7 right now, and rightfully so for a lot of reasons, you should probably reserve that whole "Tekken 6/Tag 2 is so much better!" nonsense for after you actually get your hands on the game. Most people that actually play the game say the same thing. It plays much better than it looks in videos. As someone that has played it myself, I am inclined to agree.

So yes, the roster (as of right now) is kinda meh, the oki floats are gone, the music is sub par, the balance leaves something to be desired, and the advertising has been soiled diaper tier, but this is still very much a different game that is still a work in progress. Be annoyed with the lack of information, but don't try to sit there and tell me that just from watching some Tekken Crash videos, you can honestly tell me that Tekken 6, or Tag 2 are automatically better games when you have never even had your hands on a machine that is running the game for a significant amount of time.

On that note, I'm gonna probably go and play some T7 for a bit myself right now. :p

I'm just down on it because i can't play it. =/

I'd definitely like some more extensive moveset revisions for the returning characters but outside of that i'm quite excited. I like the new characters. I just want to play it, and it doesn't look like i'll be able to for a loooong time.

Numb

Anyone who wants to play now?
I'm down if you still are.
As down as you all seem about Tekken 7 right now, and rightfully so for a lot of reasons, you should probably reserve that whole "Tekken 6/Tag 2 is so much better!" nonsense for after you actually get your hands on the game. Most people that actually play the game say the same thing. It plays much better than it looks in videos. As someone that has played it myself, I am inclined to agree.

On that note, I'm gonna probably go and play some T7 for a bit myself right now. :p

Biggest issue with it for now is that i don't have it. I am still gonna play the hell out of but all i can do for now is be grumpy about it.

Dereck

On October 3, 2014, Tekken 7 was location tested for the first time. The game will have existed for 1 year come next month.

It is September 2015, there are three months left in the year of 2015, the last character that was announced, was announced in June 2015.

If we're pessimistic about it, we can assume that no characters, stages, or arcade updates will be announced in three months.

If we're positive, they will announce three more characters, and then announce the official complete arcade game in Decemeber, but they might not.

So....if they announce the official complete arcade game in say, February 2016, whateverthefuck, that could mean that the actual game game, could come out a year from that point, February 2017.

What this all really means is that, wait for it, I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Sayah

This day hasn't ended. I hope it doesn't get any more shittier than it already has been.

So yes, the roster (as of right now) is kinda meh, the oki floats are gone, the music is sub par, the balance leaves something to be desired, and the advertising has been soiled diaper tier, but this is still very much a different game that is still a work in progress. Be annoyed with the lack of information, but don't try to sit there and tell me that just from watching some Tekken Crash videos, you can honestly tell me that Tekken 6, or Tag 2 are automatically better games when you have never even had your hands on a machine that is running the game for a significant amount of time.

Completely agreed with this. I have played a lot of the game and have enjoyed it very much despite not having access to the optimal control system.

I will agree with others here that it could innovate further as far as mechanics. I do not think rage arts or power crush moves do enough to add new twists to the gameplay. But as far as being worse than T6/TTT2, it is definitely not. If you loved Tekken gameplay before, it's still the Tekken you love with prettier visuals, the best sound effects (not stage music) in series history, and well-designed stages. Just landing that Claudio running 2 with its excellent sound pop off and visual flair is not something you'll get in previous Tekken games. It's sooooooo satisfying.

I don't know if you agree Manny but I don't think landing punches or kicks has ever felt this good in any video game in history. Certain attacks like Katharina knee or Claudio running punch are just so good. The camera slowdown, the imminent sparks, beautiful hit effects, along with amazing sound.....wow.

Sayah

On October 3, 2014, Tekken 7 was location tested for the first time. The game will have existed for 1 year come next month.

It is September 2015, there are three months left in the year of 2015, the last character that was announced, was announced in June 2015.

If we're pessimistic about it, we can assume that no characters, stages, or arcade updates will be announced in three months.

If we're positive, they will announce three more characters, and then announce the official complete arcade game in Decemeber, but they might not.

So....if they announce the official complete arcade game in say, February 2016, whateverthefuck, that could mean that the actual game game, could come out a year from that point, February 2017.

What this all really means is that, wait for it, I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

@boutdown
I don't think you can count a location test as an official release. It was a very limited test in Japan at like a total of two locations. By that logic, the game has officially released in America too because it is location testing in certain areas of the country.

The actual arcade release in Japan is March, 2015

Sayah

Giving more hope now.
Release is all thats left.
I mean you might end up hating it. I'm not providing any guarantees. Some people here might already be getting into this game with the pre-set mindset that they won't like it.

But from my experience and the majority voice that has played the game, it's a good, fun game with some funny glitches that will be worked out over time. There is legitimate criticism as far as terrible new designs and recycled content but it's not completely 100% recycled. With the nicer graphics, you can notice extra details on the returning costumes as well.

Numb

I mean you might end up hating it. I'm not providing any guarantees. Some people here might already be getting into this game with the pre-set mindset that they won't like it.

But from my experience and the majority voice that has played the game, it's a good, fun game with some funny glitches that will be worked out over time. There is legitimate criticism as far as terrible new designs and recycled content but it's not completely 100% recycled. With the nicer graphics, you can notice extra details on the returning costumes as well.

I am down on it mostly because of the decisions made by Harada and Namco.
Movement nerf and the madness i can deal with till i got the actual game and see for myself.

Dereck

Still thinking about the plans for the rest of the year and whatnot, really curious to see if they're gonna release anything else or wait until 2016.

Oh god, this ragemail. "50% quota with an op char? weak" "lol if you think she's not op then that's because you can't play her for shit"

... I'm playing Jun. I can't even.

bakeray

Is there any talk to make this game BC on Xbox One? I unfortunately sold my 360 shortly after the one came out and didn't really get to fully enjoy TTT2. Would love to rebuy if it is going to get the BC treatment.

sasuke_91

Oh god, this ragemail. "50% quota with an op char? weak" "lol if you think she's not op then that's because you can't play her for shit"

... I'm playing Jun. I can't even.

You did everything right if people say stuff like this.
I'm tired of ranked battles. My Xiaoyu got demoted all the way down to Brawler yesterday and I didn't even care. I'll just try to play as calm as possible from now on, regardless of the environment.

Definitely will leave my feedback there. I hope trolls stay away from this. I only want to see constructive feedback about the game itself and not "bring back X character."
Too late. Half of the comments are just "Bring back Capos/Jun/Anna" and so on. It had to turn out like this...
I'll try to leave some feedback too.

You did everything right if people say stuff like this.
I'm tired of ranked battles. My Xiaoyu got demoted all the way down to Brawler yesterday and I didn't even care. I'll just try to play as calm as possible from now on, regardless of the environment.

Ranked battles are good for training against people doing unexpected/random/shenanigans/yolo stuff i feel. Aaaand that happens to be what i'm worst against so i do think it's a pretty good use of my time. Definitely not always having fun though <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom