• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played ranked today for the first time in a while and it was weird. My second match i faced a lag-switcher and i lost two ranking opportunities to solo players which i now despise. There were a couple who had played over 20 000 matches but were grandmasters instead of much higher ranks too. Coming off from playing player matches since launch, what i feel now is a hole in my chest i need to fill with ranks only to lose to solo players.
The struggle in ranked is real for sure. Desperation tactics city. Fighting 2 vs 1 is also sucky, but I would advise maximizing red bar damage combos as much as possible against them. Don't give them the chance to recover that health.

1 vs 2 and in rage mode is about as scary as it gets. Imagine the damage of a solo, raged Paul deathfist on counter hit...

wide-eye-gif.gif

AAK

GG's today guys, I'm still reeling from my weekend of playing offline and for some reason I'm noticing more latency than I used to. I loved how Manny d+4 conditioned me the entire round and the second I started ducking the d/f+1 came out for the kill haha.

The struggle in ranked is real for sure. Desperation tactics city. Fighting 2 vs 1 is also sucky, but I would advise maximizing red bar damage combos as much as possible against them. Don't give them the chance to recover that health.

1 vs 2 and in rage mode is about as scary as it gets. Imagine the damage of a solo, raged Paul deathfist on counter hit...

wide-eye-gif.gif

I tested it once, I think it did like 96 damage or something close to that. Pretty crazy for a 13f move haha.

Manbig

GG's today guys, I'm still reeling from my weekend of playing offline and for some reason I'm noticing more latency than I used to. I loved how Manny d+4 conditioned me the entire round and the second I started ducking the d/f+1 came out for the kill haha.

I knew you would get a kick out of that. :)

Yeah, I'm not afraid to spam d4 vs Steve. It's really Marduk's key move for that match up. Really good tracking, ducks highs, so I don't have to worry about b1 too much, and decent damage. When I connect it from slight range, Steve can't really threaten me with his higher damage knockdown low, so I don't worry too much about the fact that it's -5 on hit there.

AAK

That's actually a really good way of looking at it, Steve doesn't have hopkick either (as does Hwoarang) so that is indeed a crazy good move for him haha.

Also GG's in Xrd too to both you and FAmicom. Got my butt handed to me but it was fun mashing and scrubbing a few rounds. I literally had no idea what to do at the wall haha. That horizontal special Ino does with the vertical follow up had crazy lockdown! Leo has a flash kick but just doing a low guard to charge at the wall is so scary in GG haha.

DEATH™

Some nice info on what Harada is working on, apparently he had a kid recently:

http://www.polygon.com/a/life-in-japan/Harada-Summer-Lesson

He says he's been spending "less and less" time on Tekken recently...] But he says the team is aiming to make the game more accessible to newcomers compared to previous Tekken titles, and they are tying up a lot of character story threads to bring some closure for the series' 20th anniversary.

The third, though, he's happy to detail. He wants to develop a fighting game containing characters from every fighting game franchise that was popular in the 80s and 90s — "or maybe even toward the 2000s,"

"And I'd want to have a disclaimer," he says. "You know how for horror games, it says, 'Not for children'? I'd want to have, 'Not for casual users. Only for hardcore gamers.'"

You got my respect back sir... Gimme the ultimate mugen game to end all fighting game crossovers... make it 300 chars with 3v3 or KOF/Pokemon style team battle... I don't freaking care... GIVE IT TO ME! MWAHAHAHAHAHA

sasuke_91

That's actually a really good way of looking at it, Steve doesn't have hopkick either (as does Hwoarang) so that is indeed a crazy good move for him haha.
Not entirely true. Steve does have a hopkick, but it's extremely slow (24f) and useless in most cases :p
I'm not sure if it crushes lows. I always use uf+1 against people who like to be aggressive with lows.

Pachimari

I wonder if Harada feels like he have achieved everything he wanted with Tekken, and thus will slowly let the team develop coming titles more independently of him.

Announce 7 projects and finish none of them guys.

This guy almost announces a new project every 3 months.

Yep. Spreading themselves too thin. They even said some of the TxSF devs were also on the T7 team. This is we end up with barely 1 or 2 cabs at EVO rather than a console version. I mean yeah, it's great Tekken will have some kind of presence (silver lining), but this just sounds like distraction city (ATP term). Disappointing.

Numb

Announce 7 projects and finish none of them guys.

This guy almost announces a new project every 3 months.

If i learned anything from Harada working on a billion things and not finishing them is patience. I remember being extremely excited between the time TXSF got announced and Tag 2 came out but now all i am is curious to see if he will be able to make it even function.

Dereck

GGs Bout and Sasuke.

I purposely avoided using the gimmicks in the earlier matches and then brought them out in the last match that we had Bout. Did you notice the difference? If you can't throw break, you are pretty much forced to challenge Marduk after the jabs with hard guesses.

- If you think 1,2,f1 is coming out, you duck the last hit and launch. You will not be able to sidestep the last hit, and it is about +4 on block, so if I keep my frames tight, you won't be beating out my follow ups unless you SS them.

- If you think 1,2, VTS f1 is coming out, you SS and launch. The second hit of VTS f1,2 comes out too slow to stop you from your SS into launch. Of course, you can also just block punish it, but I believe it's variable between -12 ~ -13 depending on range. I also tend to only do f1 more often rather than finishing the string, so you'll get rewarded higher for SS launching the f1 rather than waiting for the second hit to come out.

- If you think 1,2, VTS d1+2 is coming out, you block and punish. It has semi consistent tracking, so SS it is not that great of an option. It's also like -100 since blocking the first hit pushes you back and the follow up mid has like zero range. You can punish Marduk with whatever the hell you want when you block this thing.

Hit up training mode and get used to punishing these things. Make me work for it harder and I'll be forced to adapt by changing up timings, but try not to just let me get away with it for free. Same advice goes for you, Sasuke.
Thanks boss, I want to get some online practice time in with you this weekend if you can

I'll be in practice mode in the mean time

GrayFoxPL

Some nice info on what Harada is working on, apparently he had a kid recently:

http://www.polygon.com/a/life-in-japan/Harada-Summer-Lesson

Wow that's a lot of info!

Big step up in Namco, a child?! TxSF info without busting anyones balls?!

Parenting changes. I almost see the reason of retarded Lucky Chloe inclusion. Almost.

But like Manny said that's a lot more info then I ever expected. Not sure if Ishould belive again just get my hopes crushed. Seriously if he bails out on this I'll haunt him for all eternity.

But:

40 people developing TxSF

Unexpected re-annoucment

Omg Omg just don't fuck me over.

Tonight's online tournament sign ups are now live!

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/D4AHNOVI6a

Fingers To Fight TTT2 Online Tournament

Free Entry

When
January 22nd, 2015, 9:00PM Eastern Time
Intended to run every Thursday before ATP Live.

Where
PlayStation 3 Tekken Tag Tournament 2
http://www.twitch.tv/fingerstofight

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/D4AHNOVI6a

Format
Single Elimination
3/5 Rounds
2/3 Games
Solo & Tag Allowed
16 Player Cap (subject to change)

Rules
Restricted to North America
Latency is mutual and will just be tolerated. Lag switches are banned.
In the event of disconnect. Game and round score will be continued upon restart. Three retries will be attempted if disconnect continues. If the players simply cannot connect to each other. The last resort will be a FT3 Rock,Paper,Scissors in the Stream Chat.

1st Place Prize
$10 PSN Gift Card (code will be sent to the winner's PSN inbox)

No mics necessary. Preferred that you tune into the Twitch (Fingers to Fight). That way if I need to contact you it will be easy and of course you will be able hear me and see what's going on.

Edit: Not to forget, that I can only assume that the name you signed up in the bracket under is also your PSN name. If not, then you will need to let me know on Twitch when your turn is up. Not babysitting anyone for these tournaments. I know all too well what's like at majors to sit around for an hour waiting for some special snowflake to show up to play me.

Yeah, sorry Chrome that you couldn't get in. I'd like to wait for everyone, but can't waste everyone else's time.

Things to improve on for next week's tournament. I gotta get better music, even though this royalty free is eating my wallet ($15 or more per song to have no dumb restrictions).

I need to be more bold and such in commentary.

And I apparently need to explain things better aswell.

So a few things to work on, and I am willing to hear more. I am currently in the process of uploading the matches to Youtube. I think I am at least good enough to put myself and my cause out there Thanks to all that played and watched. See you again next week!

AAK

I believe it's the equivalent of a Ki Charge. But it's unique in the fact that it can put your opponent into guard stun at the right range. I could be wrong though.

I know I'm gonna sound childish but I really can't stand anything that has Pikachu in it. The voice it has is too rage inducing for me to tolerate. Kinda like what I'm about to endure if I go hard into Tekken 7 and encounter the LC army.

sasuke_91

It's a pretty safe way to ki-charge. You can also go into omen stance if your tag partner is a Mishima.

I know I'm gonna sound childish but I really can't stand anything that has Pikachu in it. The voice it has is too rage inducing for me to tolerate. Kinda like what I'm about to endure if I go hard into Tekken 7 and encounter the LC army.

Whaaat? Pikachu is the cutest thing ever happening to Gaming :p
I grew up with Pokemon though, so I don't really know^^

My little brother finally started playing Tekken. He went with DJin/Lee (pretty hard team for a beginner). I think I'll have to learn how to play DJin in order to help him. Not really sure how to teach someone the game, but I think I'll manage that somehow :p

Manbig

That's the special Omen stance stuff.

b1+2 actually had some practical uses before. I believe in Tekken 6, Jin used to be able to 2,4 you for a wall splat after putting you in that guard stun, so it was basically a guard break.

I think that they changed it up in Tag 2, and I'm sure that there's probably some sort of option selects you can do with it, but I wouldn't know specifically what.

GrayFoxPL

Jin's b+1+2 will ki charge if at distance or blocked.

It has invincibility to projectiles like ground laser or Alisas's rocket.

Blocks/stops attacks on initial frames.

It stuns opponent if hit. If it hits on last active frames you get huge advantage, enough to get a launcher. To make it happen usually you must knock down opponent, stand right by him and b+1+2 if he stands up improperly when b+1+2 stance is ending he can get stunned for something like +15,+17.

T6 example:

ScornfulAssuredAmericanindianhorse.gif

Edit: Did they change the stun properties in Tag 2 Manny?

b+1+2 is Omen stance transition. With Mishimas B+1+2 hold B and 1,4 you can input 1,1,4 to be sure, bit more reliable.

Tekken 5 B+1+2 hold 1+2 u,d,b,f - Lingering Soul Omen.

B+1+2~f,f,B+2+4 - This was Jin's hidden reversal in T4,T5,T6 but I can't pull it off in Tag2. What happened? Someone do it and tell me.

Dereck

189.gif

Manbig

Edit: Did they change the stun properties in Tag 2 Manny?

Not really sure, since I never tested any of that stuff in Tag 2. It just seemed to me like something that they would take away from him. That damn near gives him Bryan wall oki minus the ability to cancel it into a d4 on reaction.

GrayFoxPL

Oh shit Pikachu is a Mishima.

Interest slightly rises.

Not really sure, since I never tested any of that stuff in Tag 2. It just seemed to me like something that they would take away from him. That damn near gives him Bryan wall oki minus the ability to cancel it into a d4 on reaction.

Hmm. Nerf would suck, that move is death for Jin on whiff. Nobody really uses it unless it's sure win.

AAK

Whaaat? Pikachu is the cutest thing ever happening to Gaming :p
I grew up with Pokemon though, so I don't really know^^

Sorry I just could never stand it. Even when I used to play Blazblue, when Platinum was revealed and she started appearing in online games I had to mute my game because it drove me insane... (And her design was the biggest contributing factor to make me stop playing.)

Even in anime, I used to watch One Piece... but the second they revealed Chopper's voice I haven't watched it since.

In regard to that omen stance with Jin, it must be pretty nice to have a 2 for 1 setup like that. He gets a KI charge and a possible guard break all in 1 move. Seems pretty sick to me.

Yoshi can do it too, but he has to do it in 2 separate moves :( 1+2+3+4, followed by 1+2+3 taunt. Well, not exactly. The 1+2+3 taunt just has to land as a counterhit for his free launcher (b+2,2) to work. The KI charge just guarantees the CH. Setnomessej covered this on one of his streams back in 2014.

Also, depending on how late in the hit box animation of 1+2+3, he can land moves like dash ~ kangaroo kick, CD+1 sword uppercut, etc.

All of this only works in his 1SS stance though. 1+2+3 in NSS is his finger pointing of doom move, which is a high unblockable.

I'm just wondering how one could set up the 1+2+3 taunt - launcher in gameplay. Maybe at the wall against a techroll? Bleh. There's better options for that (sword sweep, sword fan unblockable, etc). Hmm...

sasuke_91

Sorry I just could never stand it. Even when I used to play Blazblue, when Platinum was revealed and she started appearing in online games I had to mute my game because it drove me insane... (And her design was the biggest contributing factor to make me stop playing.)

Even in anime, I used to watch One Piece... but the second they revealed Chopper's voice I haven't watched it since.

Does Platinum have Pikachu's voice? I know that Chopper and Mitsuhiko (Detective Conan) have her voice.
There's a pretty easy solution for your One Piece problem though. Just read the manga (it's way better anyway).

Manbig

So I ordered the last Mad Katz K stick that Aris had. Will be my final attempt to convert into a stick player for Tekken. Hope it at least goes somewhat smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom