• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

Jin's alt custom outfit from T5, apparently it's inspired from Panda, I think Ling has that fat panda suit in that game too.
I'm liking a lot of those renders, especially Lars and Kaz.

She has two Panda outfits in Tekken 5 .

Cos-ling01.jpg

T5_-_XiaoPlayer5.png

Suits her way better than Jin...

I also like Lars' new outfit.

Manbig

They should just make those costumes canon and kill off the bear characters. Have it so they were skinned and made into that gear.

GrayFoxPL

They should just make those costumes canon and kill off the bear characters. Have it so they were skinned and made into that gear.

Geezas, that's some cruel ass shit, haha.

Panda is shit, I don't see the charm in pandas generally, fuckers go extinct for a reason.

But Kuma, no, no. He's a true veteran. Deserves to have mid boss status at least.
Problem is they made him retarded like Paul and Panda pulled him down in this direction even further.

AAK

Kuma was excusable back in Tekken 3 and even Tekken 5 when I wouldn't expect Namco to have a very well animated animal. The technology limitations let me forgive the dumb design and let them keep it as a side thing to laugh at.

With them doing nothing but ramp up character models (rather than more important areas like art) Kuma will just look fucking retarded the way he is now. And since they're recycling the animations as well I want Kuma to stay the hell away until Namco can animate him properly.

But at this point, I don't think they even care about how it looks. I guess they simply want it to be a carnival of stupid like the TTT2 fight lab with Lucky Chloe ballerina's and dancing bears with Tekken 3 animations everywhere. /shrug Might as well expect the worst with what we've seen so far.

Dereck

Shoutouts to AAK for the Nina shoutout, Nina has like 20 outfits in Tekken history and we only see one, SMH, don't get me started again people.

Sayah

Shoutouts to AAK for the Nina shoutout, Nina has like 20 outfits in Tekken history and we only see one, SMH, don't get me started again people.

I don't think it's a matter of being lazy. Their development ideology seems to have been to create an "iconic image." While I disagree with that approach, I can't really quit Tekken solely because the default designs haven't evolved for a decade. This all started with Tekken 5 too. I think the team has this idea that with customizations in the game now, people can create whatever they want and they want to keep the default character look the same.

But now we're seeing Lars, Law, and Kazuya in different designs and it looks so much fresh and better and I can only imagine how good it would have been for all the characters to have received similar treatment. I'm also thinking they are going to get Nina out of that purple suit finally. I wouldn't mind having the Blood Vengeance design as her default from now on.

Fingers To Fight TTT2 Online Tournament 4

Free Entry

When
January 29th, 2015, 9:00PM Eastern Time
Intended to run every Thursday before ATP Live.

Where
PlayStation 3 Tekken Tag Tournament 2
http://www.twitch.tv/fingerstofight

Format
Single Elimination
3/5 Rounds
2/3 Games
Solo & Tag Allowed
16 Player Cap (subject to change)

Rules
Restricted to North America
Latency is mutual and will just be tolerated. Lag switches are banned.
In the event of disconnect. Game and round score will be continued upon restart. Three retries will be attempted if disconnect continues. If the players simply cannot connect to each other. The last resort will be a FT3 Rock,Paper,Scissors in the Stream Chat.

1st Place Prize
$10 PSN Gift Card (code will be sent to the winner's PSN inbox)

AAK

Whelp those who slept in didn't missing anything. The Tekken Crash session is just the old build, no Shaheen, no new stages. Guess that is to be expected with the pathetic marketing this game is getting.... the get this huge event that gets streamed on Korean national TV but they don't care enough to show us something new.

Things I didn't know from before;

-Lili has a new stance where she twirls around like King's 3+4 Jaguar step
-Katarina's WS launcher didn't punish Dragunov's d/b+3 which is -18. That means she's like Steve/Hwoarang where she doesn't have a 15 frame launcher like the majority of the other cast. I'mguessing her gameplay will be pretty stance heavy but so far we've just seen a dash similar to Angel's f+3. Wait and see. EDIT: I forgot, she has Alisa's hopkick with u/f+4,4 that bounds. Nvm, not like Hwoarang or Steve at all.
-Bryan's 3+4 on CH has less push back than in TTT2, guess he'll have access to better combo's?
-Lili's d/b+4 launches like Tekken Revolution
-King's d/b+1+2 does a twitch camera change like Paul's ff,2,1 but even more jolting. Not sure if it did it because it was at the end of the round.
-It looks like Paul's Iron Mountain (d+1+2) has reduced range, Narakhof tried to whiff punish with it and it wouldn't reach.
-Paul Techrolled after a knockdown and Hao ended the round with qcf+2 low shoulder. For some reason, the KO animation that happened was with Paul backturned... I'm not sure what that means but maybe this build has a glitch where characters recover from a techroll with initial frames being backturned?

Nothing else really happened.

EDIT: There was that exhibition match that Knee threw to that singer idol. He played Claudio and did some new things.

I missed most of the tournament unfortunately. Only saw the last two matches. Looked good from what I can see. Katarina looked really fun. Lack of Shaheen was disappointing though and I was REALLY hoping to see new stuff. This is the old build? Isn't the game coming out next month supposedly? Unless the more complete version is not completed enough to play in public yet.

Playing Dream Theater at the end of the stream made the show. :p

GrayFoxPL

Last time I said it was the last time I didn't sleep for T7 stream and I did it again. I'm hopeless. That was very dissapointing yet again.

I planned to play Tag2 today, now I'm too weak again.

No more not sleeping for shitty T7 streams.

herculesdisappointed.gif

AAK

It's entirely possible that maybe they feel there's no need to show the newest build because they could be identical minus the balance. What we're seeing now is probably exactly what we're going to get.

Spuck-uk

Banned
It's entirely possible that maybe they feel there's no need to show the newest build because they could be identical minus the balance. What we're seeing now is probably exactly what we're going to get.

From a dev point of view, creating new builds for demos is time consuming and largely dead end work. With the game getting its arcade release next month, they'll be too busy finalising that to divert a bunch of resources toward a new build.

AAK

Judging by this picture:

FJDwg

That's an arcade cabinet running a build with new portraits and new stages. So there is a build out there like you said that Namco spent time and money to get running on a cabinet with this stuff but they decided not to use it.

AAK

We have gameplay of 3: Forest, Azazel Ruins, Temple
We saw 2 new ones in the latest trailer: Post Apocalypse City, Snowy Railway Infinite Stage
And the 1p-2p camera system screenshot shows a desert like marketplace.

So I guess that makes it 6.

Pachimari

I'm watching the archive now and the background looks real good. Those trees swaying in the wind.

I also like the user interface and that the characters name is there along with the players name. Instead of the player name replacing the character name. That has always bothered me but seems to be fixed in Tekken 7.

Dereck

I also like the user interface and that the characters name is there along with the players name. Instead of the player name replacing the character name. That has always bothered me but seems to be fixed in Tekken 7.
Wasn't that just the stream software?

Pachimari

Oh yeah that's right.
Ah well, I hope the characters name will still be there, and if not, no big deal.

The Rage Arts seem to be easy to block. I'm excited about Tekken 7, even though it's lacking in some parts.

Do we know if the Hori V3 arcade stick will be supported on PS4? Hori haven't made any of their PS3 sticks work on PS4 right?

sasuke_91

Damn boutdown, stop killing my browser. People on mobile can't take so many gifs^^
Really nice gifs though. I'll watch the archive later.

GrayFoxPL

Its more than possible they found crashes/game breaking stuff in QA

Yeah the rehearsed the show before airing. It's likely the newer build freezed like 2 times and Harada said: Kuso! Shimata! Load the old build. Fast!"

I hope we'll get a new trailer. Without any special occasion bullshit.

The only interesting part about it was Claudio. He began to turn red the longer he had the flame hand. Come on great great great great grandson of Maxi, unleash that Spirit Bomb!

I can see the benefits of the new bound system now.

It knocks them away before splatting them, so if a wall is nearby, it hits that first. Then, you can follow up with a bound and finisher.

This is an improvement because you don't have to alter your combos as much for wall carry. Or, in other words, wall carry is inherently part of all combos now.

Best of both worlds.

AAK

The only interesting part about it was Claudio. He began to turn red the longer he had the flame hand. Come on great great great great grandson of Maxi, unleash that Spirit Bomb!

Unrelated to Tekken but I had a question, How do you give people the $10 PSN codes for the tournaments? I want to give a friend some Virtual PSN money, where do you buy it and how do you get a code for it that you can send to someone?

LowParry

I just sort of skimmed through some of the matches. Didn't see any new sort of moves from characters. OG indeed.

Fraeon

After not playing ranked for a while I've kind of forgotten how to play against dumb players. The kind that do b3+4, 3+4 with Alisa the second you get close to them or the kind that only have dragon tail and cartwheel as their mixup. Frustrating.

sasuke_91

Unrelated to Tekken but I had a question, How do you give people the $10 PSN codes for the tournaments? I want to give a friend some Virtual PSN money, where do you buy it and how do you get a code for it that you can send to someone?

It's simple. Buy a digital code on Amazon for example.

After not playing ranked for a while I've kind of forgotten how to play against dumb players. The kind that do b3+4, 3+4 with Alisa the second you get close to them or the kind that only have dragon tail and cartwheel as their mixup. Frustrating.
I also played some ranked today. My Hwoarang was close to demotion and I had to face a demotion match 4 times before I gave up and went to World Arena. There I met HarryPotter. Amazing player, crazy wavedash. He went easy on me, so he won 3-2 at the end.

GrayFoxPL

Just make sure seller gives you scan of the actual code on e-mail. Pirates figured out a program that generates actual psn codes and they are just thieving by pressing a button.

Manbig

I also played some ranked today. My Hwoarang was close to demotion and I had to face a demotion match 4 times before I gave up and went to World Arena. There I met HarryPotter. Amazing player, crazy wavedash. He went easy on me, so he won 3-2 at the end.

How the hell are you only in green ranks? You seemed to have solid reaction times and good punishes when we played. That alone should be enough to get you into the reds easily really. Is it just because my characters are weak on the gimmicks and you're having trouble dealing with the gimmickland of ranked?

GrayFoxPL

How the hell are you only in green ranks? You seemed to have solid reaction times and good punishes when we played. That alone should be enough to get you into the reds easily really. Is it just because my characters are weak on the gimmicks and you're having trouble dealing with the gimmickland of ranked?

Sasuke has everything to destroy ranked players. He has the skill set. He just respects opponents too much. Doesn't pressure every time he has the chance. Like backdashes when opponent's at the wall instead of pin him up with every dirty mixup there is. Too often Sasuke gives space and time to figure out strategy against him. That's why when we play I point out to him that he's better when he's aggressive, when he limits opponent's options by pressuring and don't gives freedom to just eg. fire up a 25 frame guard breaking plus frames move. I just want to make my buddy more mean of a fighting machine, hehe. Safety of the trigger.

sasuke_91

Sasuke has everything to destroy ranked players. He has the skill set. He just respects opponents too much. Doesn't pressure every time he has the chance. Like backdashes when opponent's at the wall instead of pin him up with every dirty mixup there is. Too often Sasuke gives space and time to figure out strategy against him. That's why when we play I point out to him that he's better when he's aggressive, when he limits opponent's options by pressuring and don't gives freedom to just eg. fire up a 25 frame guard breaking plus frames move. I just want to make my buddy more mean of a fighting machine, hehe. Safety of the trigger.

Thanks for the compliments guys^^
Yeah, I kind of try to please my opponent a bit too much and play it safe. I know how to backdash, so I backdash wayy too much. Someone wrote a hatemail once telling me I should stop "camping" xD
I talked about this to a friend of mine who is also a Hwo/Steve player and reached Pugilist a few times already. He says that if I played more aggressive I could easily become an Avenger and that my combos were already at Vanquisher level. I don't take enough risks and wait for an opening instead of creating one by pressuring my opponent with my Flamingo and Peekaboo mixup. By being so passive I'm open to my opponent's pressure. I give him time to think and adjust to the situation.
Another thing is what you already pointed out. I whiff attacks from across the screen and don't attack in the right situation. I try to play my own game too much instead of playing against my opponent. Thinking that it would be cool to use this move in that situation won't make it hit :p

I'll manage to do it though, I promise. I'll be really mean and let the hatemails flow. I rarely get hatemails for my Hwo/Steve gameplay. Got way more for Xiaoyu/Leo because of Xiaoyu's gimmicks.

Just watched the highlights from Tekken Crash. Not taking what I'm seeing too seriously because it's an early build and things will change. Paul's ability to demo man at the wall no matter what positioning will hopefully be fixed. Also lack of proper punishment for things as basic as deathfist drives me crazy. It's brand new and nobody knows anything but it still bugs me.

I buy it from Amazon. Pretty straight forward from there. It gives you a code and you send it to them.

Btw...
Fingers To Fight Tag 2 Tournament 4
http://www.xfire.com/tournament/3322

Alex Valle brought up some good reasons to not use Challonge, so XFire it is. We were close to filling up the 16 man bracket last week. Let's see if Tekken fans can force me to push it to 32.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Judging by this picture:

That's an arcade cabinet running a build with new portraits and new stages. So there is a build out there like you said that Namco spent time and money to get running on a cabinet with this stuff but they decided not to use it.

From Haradas Twitter

"Older build. Same as the previous location test. Staff on Tekken team struggled because of flu."

Theres the explanation of why it was the build it was.

Pachimari

Okay I really gotta stick with one character now and just learn the absolute basics. But I will get slaughtered online.

And I will pick a character which also be in Tekken 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom