• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

Nothing special but it looks nice.

Trzqu1n.jpg

Also gopnik Dragunov.

4oHAH7I.jpg

Sayah

^^^^^
Everything looks better on the Souq stage for some reason.
It's the lighting or something.

I have to disagree with Grayfox. I think most of the stages/backgrounds in this game look really amazing.
Jokes aside, I don't understand what's going on.

Is there any real point to you or Michael reading what we say? Does it matter at all? Can something be changed or done in any capacity?

Of course it's worth it.

I think Michael has tried to do a lot to appease western fans given the circumstances of the arcade release.

I mean I got to play Tekken 7 way ahead of its console release and my wish came true, and that's much appreciated. It was beautiful looking at the game in defaults without all of these customs.

I think (hope) these guys know that the negative attitude towards Tekken 7 (in this thread at least) isn't meant as a troll and the hate isn't there just because we are anti-fans or something.

Tekken still got the upper hand on other fighting games, including having a gameplay system that far surpasses them. They just need to focus on their presentation a lot. If someone looks at the game, they have to say "WOOOOWWW." They have to be stunned. MKX and SFV have accomplished that wow factor. Unfortunately, looking at gigas/chloe-type designs, 10-year old designs for old characters, Tag 2 customs, Tag 2 COLORS, clipping/modeling problems, and what not isn't going to help accomplish that wow factor.

GrayFoxPL

Lupinko, I have a question.

Did they finally include option to choose 2P color?

I know people talked about how T7 will finally let players choose 2P color on the go.

Dereck

Ronda Rousey got constantly whiff punished. Holly outspaced her and Korean backdash'd all day. Ronda was at a constant frame disadvantage the entire match.

e6a63lD.gif

Get kicked in the face brehs.

CT1QMcRXIAAn4DL.png

Apparently, Aris invited Rickstah, Beel, and Rip over to his house and they all watched the fight.

Can't wait for Aris to describe the fight with his Aris-isms later.

Dereck

I haven't seen the match, my data is being gathered from gifs. Here is some more footage of the Korean backdash in action.

WanHarshGoldeneye.gif

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Jokes aside, I don't understand what's going on.

Is there any real point to you or Michael reading what we say? Does it matter at all? Can something be changed or done in any capacity?

Of course it matters. I won't speak on Michael's behalf, but from my experience and what I know. They don't only listen to the hardcore community, they try to listen to everyone that is passionate about the series. Granted they can't take/apply everything they see out there, but they'll at least try to be aware of it. That's exactly why he's reading here.

Development is tough. I think seeing the recent stuff with Street Fighter V is a good example. Now that the public has seen so many changes/iterations of the game, they are becoming more and more part of the development process. More vocal, more passionate about the subtle changes including aesthetics, presentation and of course game balance. I'm sure you've seen the uproar about 'censorship' when in reality it's not censorship, it's just tweaking a game that isn't out yet.

lupinko

I really love Tekken 7, it's actually given me greater appreciation for the older games too.

There's a new log in campaign, with up to four red tickets to be had, I got one today and the panel yielded Shunya Yamashita Lars.

49b6aHX.png

Unless it's for a new character, all the returning guest artist panels are reused from Tag 2.

I really want panels for Kat and Drag, more so for Kat, the Shunya Yamashita Kat being the best and then jbstyle's.

Dereck

Of course it matters. I won't speak on Michael's behalf, but from my experience and what I know. They don't only listen to the hardcore community, they try to listen to everyone that is passionate about the series. Granted they can't take/apply everything they see out there, but they'll at least try to be aware of it. That's exactly why he's reading here.

Development is tough. I think seeing the recent stuff with Street Fighter V is a good example. Now that the public has seen so many changes/iterations of the game, they are becoming more and more part of the development process. More vocal, more passionate about the subtle changes including aesthetics, presentation and of course game balance. I'm sure you've seen the uproar about 'censorship' when in reality it's not censorship, it's just tweaking a game that isn't out yet.
Appreciated

How can Lee Chaolan and Kazuya not have a deep hatred for one another? Lee is the son Heihachi substitutes for Kazuya. Lee is such a complex character but he's never fully explored. Not to mention Lee is most likely a homosexual.

leeexcellent.jpg

Numb

tumblr_nxv49ehgYf1re9fe1o1_1280.jpg

Heihachi, "... Most Impressive Son"

tumblr_nxv49ehgYf1re9fe1o2_1280.jpg

Kazuya, ".... What exactly are you fist pumping at?"

lol i was just watching a vid of this game just now.
Man there is so much in there with the characters and art.
With a collab like that they should go in much deeper and span different genres too.

GrayFoxPL

And Heihachi adopted Lee be punching bag for Kazuya("sparring partner").

Hei hates Kaz but at least it's a feeling. He's totally indifferent towards Lee. Not a single fuck given.

My ideas aren't so ridiculous, because they take from the previous games, this is material from the story mode, why not capitalize on them?

And, this is just one character from Tekken 7, what about the other ones? Here's another small example. Asuka

Asuka entered Tekken 5 to find out who injured her father, right? Well, after that's over, her storyline is reduced to a Lili rivalry. What happened to her father? Wouldn't it be cool to see an old man Kazama fighter in a new Tekken?

I just found this from her bio.

Well, I had no idea, Tekken has never made it important for me to know this, where is the evidence of this?

WxfftkP.jpg

Is that supposed to be it? Because remember, that's an outfit from T5. a 10 year old game. And to put the cherry on top of how bland they've made Asuka by this point, Asuka is 17 years old, still. She's been 17 years old for 10 years, remember, there's no time skip from T4-T6. Are they just gonna stop doing timeskips so that the characters can remain stagnant? I hope not.

We are all past the point of wanting certain things from T7 that Namco has already stated that we aren't going to get, so, in the mean time I'll just make up fantasy scenerios and wishlists.

maNsFlqpY7p96.gif

Michael Murray, I just found this post above, but man I'm glad some people are out here who love these side stories as much as me. I don't know why we get the bad content we get sometimes. Tekken will introduce a character plot thread and completely abandon it for absolutely no reason. This is bad character development. Stop abandoning your plot threads. In the past ten years I've been playing too many RPG, so I understand that people eat this type of character development stuff up in games. It is my opinion that Tekken is not being fully utilized to its best potential. Tekken too frequently abandons or fails to acknowledge its own canon. You have to make love to your own lore. Ask Kojima.

Dereck

maNsFlqpY7p96.gif

Michael Murray, I just found this post above, but man I'm glad some people are out here who love these side stories as much as me. I don't know why we get the bad content we get sometimes. Tekken will introduce a character plot thread and completely abandon it for absolutely no reason. This is bad character development. Stop abandoning your plot threads. In the past ten years I've been playing too many RPG, so I understand that people eat this type of character development stuff up in games. It is my opinion that Tekken is not being fully utilized to its best potential. Tekken too frequently abandons or fails to acknowledge its own canon. You have to make love to your own lore. Ask Kojima.
Damn Caesar, you fucking digged! Thanks for the acknowledgement.

GrayFoxPL

Don't mistake flamboyant and homosexual.

Lee covers himself with women. His story art shows he chills with babes all the time. He has even VioletGirls troupe in Tag2.

I don't mind gay characters but if we take no interest in opposite sex and lack of children then Jin, Hwoarang might be prime candidates. But also Paul, Bryan, Miguel, Bob, Leo, Anna, Julia, A.King, Baek, Asuka, Lili, Zafina, Yoshimitsu, Raven, Kunimitsu and I missed some.

Lars is robosexual, the freak. Kuma is horniest Tekken character.

King can't be gay.

H9S8Qw4.gif

sasuke_91

Lee Chaolan might be homosexual.

Just google it and see what you find. This is the type of thing Tekken could capitalize on. Done tastefully and it could strengthen the brand.

So the Chaolan bloodline ends there.
If everything it took to strengthen the brand was a homosexual, Asuka and Lili would have already done the deed.

Daaayum congrats. You finally hit the Orange ranks. Do you have a goal or anything?
And I'm stuck at Warrior for a year...

Dereck

Thanks guys. I don't know what my goal is really. Keep playing player matches I guess, since those are the matches where I learn the most.

As a Lee main for 15 years I've got to say you got to be pretty tone deaf to think he is gay. Dude literally has hot women with him like every time you see him, in all of his endings too. He has an on & off thing with Anna in the canon & in the anime movie. He's like one of the few characters in Tekken that makes it very clear where he stands sexually.

Fraeon

I got back to Avenger yesterday but the quality of play is so bad in the yellow ranks now. Kazuyas doing 1243 on block and then moves immediately like that shit is +. Capos who seem to be lost when they aren't in the range of doing b14 shenanigans. Bryans doing snake edge every other move.

Maybe I should try to get to orange ranks as well. But the yesterday when I played I was winning but getting pissed off at how stupid the play was.

sasuke_91

Thanks guys. I don't know what my goal is really. Keep playing player matches I guess, since those are the matches where I learn the most.

Yeah same for me. Orange ranks suit you by the way :p
And Good games. Lag held us back of course (like fightung in a tub full of pudding), but it's always a little more bearable the longer you play. I had to leave early because I promised to play someone.

I got back to Avenger yesterday but the quality of play is so bad in the yellow ranks now. Kazuyas doing 1243 on block and then moves immediately like that shit is +. Capos who seem to be lost when they aren't in the range of doing b14 shenanigans. Bryans doing snake edge every other move.

Maybe I should try to get to orange ranks as well. But the yesterday when I played I was winning but getting pissed off at how stupid the play was.

Yellow ranks are pretty bad, but I can deal with them. Green ranks are the worst for some reason. But ranking is full of idiots in general, so no difference really.
Maybe it gets better at Orange ranks, but I won't reach those :p

Kazuya's 1243 is steppable when you're on left side. Block the low, head left and you get a free launcher.

Dereck

The fellas that have 4000 wins and 4000 losses in the yellow ranks, when I play them, I can't tell if they're bad or just pretending.

One guy ducked and launched me everytime I did Law's 4,3,2 string, but there were some other moves I kept doing that he just didn't know how to punish. At this point I think the red ranks is where people start to get a little competent, and the blue ranks is where people start to play decently and competently.

Like every rank below Genbu has a handful of knuckleheads messing around.

GrayFoxPL

Totally, I'm in that same crowd. Knucklehead during ranked, less of a knucklehead during player matches.

Wish I could play like I imagine in my mind instead like a drunk hobo fighting over half empty bottle of beer.

"I....can..push buttons! Hic!"

Dereck

I lost two promo matches before winning a promo match.

Lost two and was really close to winning both times but I chuckleheaded my way to victory and I got clapped for it.

GrayFoxPL

I lost two promo matches before winning a promo match.

Lost two and was really close to winning both times but I chuckleheaded my way to victory and I got clapped for it.

Know this too.

I'm the worst at third round. I can't even tell how many times I won first 2 rounds and lost next 3. It's like crying time, man. :(

image.jpg

Fellow Knuckleheads UNITE!

Yeah, lol!

Brutal Legend owns.

Dereck

I used to know a guy who would religiously use the term "knucklehead" to describe anyone who did anything remotely ignorant or dumb, picked that shit up, it just has the flair, like bozo or jabronis.

Can't stand fighting these bozos online. I played this one bozo, he played Jinpachi and Zafina, pure jabroni team. I actually think I got most of my rank points off of him since he was a Pugilist.

lupinko

I'm watching match vids in addition to Aris and Kane's tutorial videos for Dragunov and Lili. It's convenient that Tag 2 is a tag game so I can get mileage on both characters. Lol

Dereck

Know this too.

I'm the worst at third round. I can't even tell how many times I won first 2 rounds and lost next 3. It's like crying time, man. :(
My heart starts thumping and my finger moves to the "down" arrow on my d-pad and I start dishing out low strings.

GrayFoxPL

shredders
scary stuff

Can't live without them. Kazuya needs shredders, bad.

Btw if in TxSF they'd merge 2 characters movesets in to 1. They should merge Kaz and Paul.

Paulzuya: ElectricDeathFist, ShredderGodFist, DemoHellsweepMan.

Someone write this down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom