• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

DEATH™;185122883 said:
Umm... your pic doesn't show up...

Second, the fanbase are shelling out money for costumes (the thirst are real). They better be darn good. (They are not even customizable, even different "textures" of the same costume and you have to shell some dough).

Honestly, I'm trying to put my foot in the Tekken Team's shoes, and although I still do hate many of the current decision, I feel like many of these requests here in this thread is unfair. I mean, WE WANT PERFECTION, like the game should have no bugs, perfect gameplay that's super deep but not braindead, and perfect amount of customization that will magically stop people from doing dumb LGBT rainbow puke color scheme.

I mean, guys let's be reasonable here. Please think about things and be your own devil's advocate about the things being requested.

I edited the pic.

Nobody's asking for or expecting perfection. There's a lot of gameplay bugs in Tekken 7 and you don't see any major fuss surrounding those because everyone knows it'll be fixed and there will still be more discovered later. A lot of these asks imo are very reasonable.

Of course, I don't know the internal situation inside Namco HQ but having Tekken Project working on freakin Summer Lesson, Project Treasure, Pokken, Smash Bros., Incarnates, and whatever other stuff they've had may be distracting from what should be the actual focus for a team called the Tekken Project.

Doomshine

Yeah, except you are exaggerating saying there were "tons" of clown customs in Tekken 6. I don't recall so many. It's best not to rely on anecdotal evidence anyway so just look at the actual facts.

How does any of this change the fact that I fought a ton of "clowns"? Are you trying to dispute my memory or something? If you want to argue clownabilty then knock yourself out, but I'm not doing that.

Sayah

Sonic games are actually still popular actually, even if they get bad reviews. VF console sales declined after the Saturn. I think it still does okay in arcades but those are dead in the West anyway.

I thought SC5 bombed?

This is what I had last heard of SCV sales.

It probably would have sold even better if it had actual single player content and didn't replace much of the traditional cast with worse counterparts.

How does any of this change the fact that I fought a ton of "clowns"? Are you trying to dispute my memory or something? If you want to argue clownabilty then knock yourself out, but I'm not doing that.

Are you not reading my point about anecdotal evidence?

Doomshine

If I want one thing from DOA it's a fleshed out replay system with free camera movement and speed up(speed down options.

One underrated detail in Tekken that you only really get to see in screenshots and end of match replays is the facial expressions, something that was noticeably lacking when I tred the replay feature in DOA.

Are you not reading my point about anecdotal evidence?

Are you reading my posts?

Yeah, except you are exaggerating saying there were "tons" of clown customs in Tekken 6.

I never said this nor am I arguing about how easy it is to make stupid looking customizations.

rSfThXPyYzj4k.gif

So TTT2 sold 1.5 million in 6 months. MKX just sold 5 million in a similar time period. Damn how the tables have turned.

DEATH™

We're only requesting what the Tekken team was able to accomplish with every successive Tekken game from T3 -> T4 -> T5 -> T6.

Like customization? We have it. 2P costumes? Those things were so unused (because everyone customizes now), we might as well put them with customization so people still use them.

Given that the selection is super limited currently, understand that individual customization isn't the priority right now. I mean, the game got bugs everywhere, the hitboxes of chars are all over the place, and people don't have their freaking mains! I understand, we all want the best out of love of this game, but darn there is a time and place for everything.

@sayah the constant pointing out of problems, I do understand. But comparing Tekken to other FGs? Suggesting solutions that is not well thought out? That's the problem. I mean, you guys compare Tekken to DOA customs (which was a freaking scam BTW). DOA gets paid for those costumes well, and yet they got crappy netcode that they could get away with. Try that with Tekken and people will wear nostalgia glasses with TTT2 having great netcode.

Complaining about lack of 2P costumes? For 2P costumes to shine, you have to remove customizations. Oh also, those things are free for our behalf, the console players. Let's try to make them paid and we can call them Scamco again.

Even though I won't excuse them from many decisions (blatant cash cow fees in arcade, bad art direction etc.) I better be sure that the complaints are unrefutable in all angles.

rSfThXPyYzj4k.gif

So TTT2 sold 1.5 million in 6 months. MKX just sold 5 million in a similar time period. Damn how the tables have turned.

The power of AAA man.

Sayah

Are you reading my posts?

More like are you reading mines?

I never said this nor am I arguing about how easy it is to make stupid looking customizations.

I'm talking in reference to this.

I fought a ton of "clowns" in T6 and hairy penis monsters in SCV.

Since anecdotal evidence pretty much pits your memories/experience against mines, there's no use in trying to argue over that.

But what we can look at is the facts that are in front of us.

Even if, as you claim, "tons" of people dressed their characters as clown in T6, that doesn't detract from the fact that TTT2 is still worse thanks to:

1. Wider options that introduce very bright and sharp colors that are not too far off from the neons seen in SFXTK.

2. Far more and worse clown options for items in addition to generalizing of certain animations that are not fitted across all characters (e.g. Bryan and the wand animation that AAK mentioned).

How many times does this have to be repeated?

Can you at least see that TTT2 is objectively worse? Even if we assume both T6 and TTT2 have an equal number of people online putting on clown customs, TTT2 is still far more egregious. And which game does Tekken 7 recycle from?

Is this clear now??

Sayah

DEATH™;185125433 said:
@sayah the constant pointing out of problems, I do understand. But comparing Tekken to other FGs? Suggesting solutions that is not well thought out? That's the problem. I mean, you guys compare Tekken to DOA customs (which was a freaking scam BTW). DOA gets paid for those costumes well, and yet they got crappy netcode that they could get away with. Try that with Tekken and people will wear nostalgia glasses with TTT2 having great netcode.

I was mostly pointing out how character modeling/hair texturing is better in DoA5.

Besides that, yes, I would rather have well-detailed and high-quality costumes that I pay for over free but old and recycled customs that completely tarnish the visual presentation and image of Tekken 7.

When customizations were first introduced in Tekken 5, it was cool and "new" for the franchise. In Tekken 6, it was also awesome since the characters had a lot of individual customs and you could customize hands, arms, feet, legs, etc. In TTT2, customizations took a hit but it was understood because there 4 characters on screen and more processing power required. But what is Tekken 7's excuse?

AAK

DEATH™;185125433 said:
Like customization? We have it. 2P costumes? Those things were so unused (because everyone customizes now), we might as well put them with customization so people still use them.

Given that the selection is super limited currently, understand that individual customization isn't the priority right now. I mean, the game got bugs everywhere, the hitboxes of chars are all over the place, and people don't have their freaking mains! I understand, we all want the best out of love of this game, but darn there is a time and place for everything.

I'm talking about number of features and polish. When every numbered Tekken game came out, they evolved their characters, outfits and aesthetic that provided a great context, re-animated a larger portion of the moveset accross a large variety of the cast, among so many more additions to the gameplay. When you compare the incremental leap between Tekken games going from T3 -> T4 -> T5 -> T6 it's much more substantial than what we see so far in Tekken 7. The fact that I know and have experienced the Tekken team make great leaps in the Tekken system from the past, I expected something similar for this iteration... especially considering the new hardware, the new engine, and the high competition it faces from NRS & Capcom. That's all.

And about the comment of time and place for everything... If you won't expect a big jump in a numbered sequel to a multi-million dollar IP like Tekken into a new generation of consoles especially after re-using the art from Tekken 5... then when?

Sayah

rSfThXPyYzj4k.gif

I don't expect Tekken 7 to do much better than TTT2.
MK and SF are the new leaders of the genre now and I don't really like playing either one competitively. This is why Tekken needs to stop dying and make a resurgence......and it can't do that in its current state........which is again why there is a lot of bitching.

Doomshine

How many times does this have to be repeated?

Can you at least see that TTT2 is objectively worse? Even if we assume both T6 and TTT2 have an equal number of people online putting on clown customs, TTT2 is still far more egregious. And which game does Tekken 7 recycle from?

Is this clear now??

Yeah, great, now go ahead and tell me when any of this was something I tried to argue.

If you want to boil down my posts to a single argument it would be: you can make dumb looking outfits in all the games with customization. Is that clear enough for you? I haven't said anything about how easy it is, how bad it is, the colors, the options or whatever else you think I did.

Sayah

Why would you do this to me boutdown?
tumblr_n9acatJWEB1qcw656o1_500.gif

The damn rage art is being blocked by the damn freakin balloons covering the camera. This is so bad. Cringe worthy bad. Keep recycling more Tag 2 stuff Namco. Good job. /s

Sayah

Yeah, great, now go ahead and tell me when any of this was something I tried to argue.

If you want to boil down my posts to a single argument it would be: you can make dumb looking outfits in all the games with customization. Is that clear enough for you? I haven't said anything about how easy it is, how bad it is, the colors, the options or whatever else you think I did.

Okay, how is that even an argument relative to what is being discussed, though? Just because we can make dumb clown costumes in T6 too means it's okay they're recycling from TTT2? What exactly is the purpose of having this argument in the first place?

Or even better, what exactly was my initial retort to you again? And what I have just illustrated to you?

No one's suggesting taking customization out. Just that it should be better.....like Tekken 6 or SCV......not goofy like TTT2.

So is Tekken 6 better? Yes or no? And where is Tekken 7 recycling from?

Yeah, okay then.

Edit: Those baloons above are just one of the many items TTT2 introduced that significantly amplified the goofiness/clownish nature of customizations.

Edit 2: I don't want to get involved in arguments like this. But if you accept the status quo, then it's gonna probably stay that way.......which is why I'm bitching especially about customs. Otherwise, my time would be better spent doing things more productive than this.

Doomshine

Fine, let me take your approach then.

Dear Michael Murray.

Please keep customization.

Thanks.

See an argument in there? No? Great.

No one's suggesting taking customization out.

Factually incorrect, but most importantly, never mentioned in my post.

Just that it should be better.....like Tekken 6 or SCV......not goofy like TTT2.

Good for you, also never my point, argument or in question.

Please don't exaggerate.

I didn't, it was my experience.

Can you create a clown character in Tekken 6? Sure.

Great, we are in agreement.

most characters had customs that suited them well individually. And even at their worse, they still didn't look nearly as bad as what you got in TTT2 or are currently getting in Tekken 7.

Ok, never argued this.

It's also interesting you're defending keeping a customization system that's completely recycled from a previous entry.

I didn't.

Yeah, and the frequency and volume of those customizations will only be higher when you provide a greater range of options to have stupid looking customized characters.........and that range of options is lower in T6 and from what I've used of the SCV system.

Again, never in question.

And that is exactly what is being asked from Namco by me? What exactly is the disagreement here then?

Good question, but since you asked:

I'd much rather have that model and pay for costumes instead of one where we are getting free but old, recycled clown customs from a past entry that completely deteriorates any visual fidelity Tekken 7 has.

If you want something to disagree about, that's it.

----------------------------

Dear Michael Murray.

Please keep customization, but also make it better.

Thanks.

DEATH™

I was mostly pointing out how character modeling/hair texturing is better in DoA5.

Besides that, yes, I would rather have well-detailed and high-quality costumes that I pay for over free but old and recycled customs that completely tarnish the visual presentation and image of Tekken 7.

When customizations were first introduced in Tekken 5, it was cool and "new" for the franchise. In Tekken 6, it was also awesome since the characters had a lot of individual customs and you could customize hands, arms, feet, legs, etc. In TTT2, customizations took a hit but it was understood because there 4 characters on screen and more processing power required. But what is Tekken 7's excuse?

Maybe I didn't express this better, but you missed my point about having too much detail = too much data for your netcode to transfer. That's one issue that limits customization. We even went from having customized hands and feet in T6 to merged in Tag 2.

Now think of this, if we did beef up the customization this way, would it be worth it when you know you have to sacrifice netcode? Sorry but taking that in consideration, I'll take the netcode.

I'm talking about number of features and polish. When every numbered Tekken game came out, they evolved their characters, outfits and aesthetic that provided a great context, re-animated a larger portion of the moveset accross a large variety of the cast, among so many more additions to the gameplay. When you compare the incremental leap between Tekken games going from T3 -> T4 -> T5 -> T6 it's much more substantial than what we see so far in Tekken 7. The fact that I know and have experienced the Tekken team make great leaps in the Tekken system from the past, I expected something similar for this iteration... especially considering the new hardware, the new engine, and the high competition it faces from NRS & Capcom. That's all.

And about the comment of time and place for everything... If you won't expect a big jump in a numbered sequel to a multi-million dollar IP like Tekken into a new generation of consoles especially after re-using the art from Tekken 5... then when?

Again, you are being unfair, because you are setting waaaay too darn high of an expectation. I mean, you said it yourself, new hardware, new engine, and you expect them to suddenly learn them immediately? Great leaps? You forgot about how unbalanced T4 was? Or that it took 2 revisions of Tekken 5 (5.1 and DR) to get the gameplay right? That they needed revisions for both T6 and Tag 2 to get balanced? Dude it even took months for them to fix Anna's face in Tag 2 when people complained about in a pre-released trailer.

I'm not fully ignoring the issues that plague T7, but darn you guys expect those human beings in the development team to be miracle workers. Chill!

Sayah

Dear Michael Murray.

Please keep customization, but also make it better.

Thanks.

Maybe you should have just said that in your first post so there wouldn't be an argument.

Dear Michael Murray.

Please keep customization.

Thanks.

This original post is only hinting me that you're okay with the status quo. Additional elaboration is always useful to have.

My excitement for this game just dies off the more I see customizations from Japan/Korea. I can't play something that looks like a 5 year old's coloring book.

Sayah

DEATH™;185130680 said:
Maybe I didn't express this better, but you missed my point about having too much detail = too much data for your netcode to transfer. That's one issue that limits customization. We even went from having customized hands and feet in T6 to merged in Tag 2.

Now think of this, if we did beef up the customization this way, would it be worth it when you know you have to sacrifice netcode? Sorry but taking that in consideration, I'll take the netcode.

Tekken 6 was one of their early ventures into netcode.
SCV has a robust customization system and it still had good netcode.

Saying Tekken 7 should keep customization limited to how TTT2 had it so we can have good netcode does not make sense any more when they've already demonstrated otherwise with SCV and they don't have four characters on screen.

AAK

DEATH™;185130680 said:
Again, you are being unfair, because you are setting waaaay too darn high of an expectation. I mean, you said it yourself, new hardware, new engine, and you expect them to suddenly learn them immediately? Great leaps? You forgot about how unbalanced T4 was? Or that it took 2 revisions of Tekken 5 (5.1 and DR) to get the gameplay right? That they needed revisions for both T6 and Tag 2 to get balanced? Dude it even took months for them to fix Anna's face in Tag 2 when people complained about in a pre-released trailer.

I'm not fully ignoring the issues that plague T7, but darn you guys expect those human beings in the development team to be miracle workers. Chill!

The PS4 runs on far simpler architecture than the PS2 and PS3 yet Namco managed to transition while having an ambitious product at those console generation shifts. And let's say for the sake of argument that we are stuck under the same conditions of T4,T5,T6 where the network infrastructure isn't there to patch the unbalance, I would welcome an intial broken product any day of the week if it means more innovation for the 3D fighting game genre. I will support it no questions asked because I want to invest in the future. But alas, if you're scared a broken, imbalanced game outcome if Namco dare to try something new, then it shouldn't be in this age of network patches. Sayah said it nicely, if you're just going to expect the status quo, you better get used to simply seeing the same thing over and over again.

And again, if these expectations are "miracle level" towards Namco, then I wonder what that would imply when talking about NetherRealm Studios or DIMPS with how they are trying to evolve their franchises while also being under the same Unreal Engine + Next Gen transition hurdle that Namco faces. If what we're asking really is impossible for Namco, how are Capcom and NRS making it happen?

DEATH™;185130680 said:

If more customization = worse netcode... then why not get rid of customization entirely?

lupinko

I actually got the last log in bonus today. You had to log in consecutively to Tekken.net for bonuses.

oWzCFOH.png

I gave it to Dragunov.

Basically I logged in for 25 days straight. I wonder what's next for completing this or what comes after.

Sayah

If more customization = worse netcode... then why not get rid of customization entirely?

After seeing those balloon shots, I am not entirely opposed to this now.

I played the game in the arcades (U.S.) and it's all default costumes and looks beautiful outside of the few character modeling issues/hair clipping/texturing problems.

Would I rather have an item that's blocking up over half the screen and the character's face? Yeah, I'd rather just stick with defaults.

I actually got the last log in bonus today. You had to log in consecutively to Tekken.net for bonuses.

oWzCFOH.png

I gave it to Dragunov.

Basically I logged in for 25 days straight. I wonder what's next for completing this or what comes after.

Well, at least that looks nice.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
DEATH™;185130680 said:

I suppose I should first state that I don't know the first thing about netcode or networking...

But this doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't loading customization just be a part of the initial connection to your opponent? All of the customizations are stored on the disc so the game would just be downloading the information that pertains to how the customizations have been combined, right? It reads whatever code is generated by the opponent's combination of customizations/colors/emblems, translates it to the actual customization, and that's that. It's not like it'd be a constant stream of data it'd have to download/upload with each move the opponent does.

At least, that's how it makes sense in my head. And if it does work like that, then I don't see how it'd make the game more laggy.

I'm pretty sure the limitations in Tag 2 were because the game had to display 4 characters on screen at the same time. It was a hardware thing, not a network thing. Now the game is back to 1 on 1 only, and on more powerful hardware. I don't see why customization isn't at least back to the detail it had in Tekken 6.

DEATH™

Tekken 6 was one of their early ventures into netcode.
SCV has a robust customization system and it still had good netcode.

Saying Tekken 7 should keep customization limited to how TTT2 had it so we can have good netcode does not make sense any more when they've already demonstrated otherwise with SCV.

And SCV have mostly generic customization. Does that mean that using generics are bad?

This is why we can't have nice things. Don't lump everything good on one thing and everything on another bad. I mean, look at your description, just because its from TTT2, it's automatically bad? Yes, the balloons are bad, but if that halterneck looks good enough that people do fanart with it, then its not all bad.

GIVEN, that there are horrid stuff out there, does those things come from:

1. technological/development limitations (recycle generic customs, lack of content in early stages of the game)
2. mistakes (bad topology on some characters on bikinis, gameplay bugs etc)
3. design decisions (most of the new chars' designs, gameplay changes, item moves that aren't well thought out)?

1 and 2 are unavoidable but could pass and must be fixed later (I hope), and the other needs good ol' ridicule. The problem is almost all of the complaints here are worded like it was all design decisions.

-----------

AAK you would take the broken game first, but not everyone will. That's the thing. Too broken game = people abandoning it early, especially in a arcade setting. That's why they are quick on fixing gameplay brokenness/bugs first. Consider that too when coming out on the west. Those early reviews will crap your revenue and people will abandon it even when you steer the ship right (see SFxT).

This is why I am a massive proponent on Tekken on PC + modding support. In this day and age, each gaming company cannot afford risks when it means multi-million dollar gambling that you can't even be close to finding a formula of success. This is where modding comes in, where you can provide modders with a playbox and let them explore and let their communities determine which works, all with a minimal budget provided by the company. The only thing that could be a problem was horny people making nude mods and drawing lines for modder and company rights, but those are outweighed by the possibilities of new ideas for Tekken, both gameplay and art, or even birth of new franchises (see: DotA, Counter Strike, Team Fortress etc.)

AAK

Broken games can be patched in this day and age. It's an outdated argument unless Namco intentionally designs it to not be able to get hot-fixed. If you're always gonna scoff at any IP trying to evolve and innovate over fear of balancing issues, you're never going to see it advance. The global enthusiasm and sales numbers clearly reflect that people want something new. And you can't keep defending Namco in this regard when NRS and Capcom are showing how much it pays off revamp your game for a numbered sequel.

PC version needs to happen too.

EDIT: And you brought a good example of SFxT. A failure of a product from Capcom but look at how they learned from it. Harnessing the lessons and feedback from the failed project they knocked it out of the park with SFV and the enthusiasm everywhere reflects that. I hope Namco also learns and takes the feedback too.

DEATH™

Creaking:

There are 2 things, first is, it's not just about the pre-loaded "objects" but also where are those objects are positioned and how many points I rigged those models. Let's say I modeled my character with 7 objects (head, torso, hips+ thigh, 2 forearms + hands, and 2 legs + feet), compared to 3 (head, upper body, lower body), the game has to send where each of those objects are in the 3D space, not to mention how they animate. Obviously, you'll pick the 3 objects to optimize.

second is, you should expect that the processor you have can only handle as much tasks as possible before you see noticeable performance issues. The game is rendering, animating, receiving sending data all over the place, and the processor can only do as much before it tries to stop doing one thing to finish another. This is one part of those teleporting problems in many games aside unoptimized code and connection issues. Fighting Games have this huge problem where its limited to the console specs, has to run at 60 FPS and still feel responsive. That's why even Mortal Kombat, who has pretty much a sizeable chunk of money to spend, still can't do crap about their netcode. It takes a darn programming genius and super-optimized engine and models to even get as close to decent netcode.

---------------

AAK, unlike SF and MK, Tekken ain't having that AAA budget and West-oriented marketing. Sorry but being too idealistic about things doesn't count when managing money was involved. You can only do much with the given money and time you have.

AAK

How do you know Tekken doesn't have a AAA budget? The series has historically sold more than both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. They even hired Snoop Dogg for millions of dollars just to market their game. Mortal Kombat is the only other FG that tried to market it the same way with System of a Down but even then they weren't commissioned to wirte an entire song + presence in the game itself. There's AAA money behind Tekken.

DEATH™

How do you know Tekken doesn't have a AAA budget? The series has historically sold more than both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. They even hired Snoop Dogg for millions of dollars just to market their game. Mortal Kombat is the only other FG that tried to market it the same way with System of a Down but even then they weren't commissioned to wirte an entire song + presence in the game itself. There's AAA money behind Tekken.

So? Try to say that in your pitch and people will give you less money. Don't assume that people think that since it sold long time ago will mean it will sell now. In fact, they will even question if you have to spend that amount of money developing the game. Considering how TTT2 has a lower than expected sales and most of its features unappreciated, T7 could have a reduced budget, and it freaking shows. The game looks like recycled TxSF assets and obviously rushed so there would be a steady arcade cashflow. Consider too that Namco are developing other games along with it and there aren't not much money spread around.

Some of you seem to believe the Tekken Team has been given a budget with infinite money and the only reason things are the way they are is out of pure laziness and not decreased sales numbers and the underperformance of recent titles leading to a limited budget.

Bakoery

I wouldn't mind if Namco started making outfits as DLC and charge for them just like how Capcom is doing it right now. People would go buy it if they are goodlooking and they'll make some profit out of it.

Losing customization wouldn't hurt them. They'll get rid of the silly image these customization created and it will be way less testing. Namco spends hours/ days on testing all customization items when half of them will never be used.

I'm just saying I would like it if they went Capcom style and make outfits more mature like in T4.

Spuck-uk

Banned
If you think Namco are suddenly going to completely change the customisation system in Tekken 7 and, as one poster suggested, reanimate half the moves in the the game, then I would really like the drugs you're on, because mine are clearly not strong enough.

FWIW I'd be incredibly annoyed if customisation was removed, just add an option not to show customs for the 'Bawww my immersion' crowd.

Good games SquirrelSoup. Mix up your throws a little better and use different throws. My throw breaking sucks normally, but I had no problems breaking throws against you because the majority were 2 throws.
That match when I used Feng/Drag, in the Final Round you just went ahead grabbed 3 times and I lost because I panicked. Or when you abused that low poke when I didn't block it, and the moment I wanted to block you threw a launcher at me. Do stuff like that more often. Play with my head. It's not cheap and you're not a spammer if you abuse low pokes your opponent doesn't block/crush.

Playing all that TR messed me up a bit i think. Been defaulting to 2 throws since everyone mashes 1 a lot on that game. Oops. ;/

I wish Kuni had a decent 1+2 throw though. And maybe a better low move.

Do think my Kuni is slowly improving though. Not as gimmicky as before at least. The poking is pretty serious.

FWIW I'd be incredibly annoyed if customisation was removed, just add an option not to show customs for the 'Bawww my immersion' crowd.

As i mentioned before, pleeeease just add a character preview to the pre-fight screen, with the option to reset them to default. It'd eliminate basically all the trolling.

----
As an aside, been messing with Dengeki Bunko FC some and it sure makes me realise some things Tekken does great. In DBFC you just have to sit there staring at a blank screen while waiting for ranked matches. Also in that game you can see who you fight in ranked and can then still back out: Beat someone twice and you can enjoy seeing them dodge you for the rest of the week. Also in that game, a ragequit just interrupts the game and doesn't count as a win or loss for either party. These last two combine to have a bunch of shitty players use fun-ruining tactics to keep their leaderboard positions high. UGH. BACK TO TEKKEN.

lupinko

So I was watching Aris' Dragunov tutorial, it's really great, but my only question or advice really is for his running 2 into WS 4, which is pretty fucking hard to do. Now granted I just picked up Dragunov (and Lili) today, and the two will need some mileage at home before I venture to Tekken 7 with them.

Kat will continue the grind with occasional Kazumi practice mode.

Doomshine

So I was watching Aris' Dragunov tutorial, it's really great, but my only question or advice really is for his running 2 into WS 4, which is pretty fucking hard to do. Now granted I just picked up Dragunov (and Lili) today, and the two will need some mileage at home before I venture to Tekken 7 with them.

I don't think you have to do the iWS4 anymore, he can just do the same easy combo from db+3 I think? d2, WS4, b1,2

lupinko

I don't think you have to do the iWS4 anymore, he can just do the same easy combo from db+3 I think? d2, WS4, b1,2

Oh really? I'm using Tag 2 to practice Lili and Drag fundamentals. I'll continue to practice though, and thanks!

Anyway, I'm watching this Kurokuro video from yesterday, and just from the first eight minutes, I can see and understand what I've been doing wrong and how I've lost so many close games.

http://youtu.be/U8fGHL5g7xY

Also that BnB used is a lot more straightforward than the ones I've been trying to do (and usually end up dropping due to bad execution after either connecting FF4 or missing FF4).

And I didn't know that 444 could be used to pressure like that, wow.

Spuck-uk

Banned

I struggled like mad with the WS4 pickup, but it's actually incredibly easy on square gate stick. Just go down, downtoward, then release the stick and press 4. If you need more distance hold downforward a moment longe. the important thing is never hitting forward, or you get the QCF+4 knee which is no use to anybody.

GrayFoxPL

rSfThXPyYzj4k.gif

But they haven't turned. MK games always sold in millions. Even the PS2 ones. They never screamed "We are the best!" because knew they can't compare with depth of TK/VF. They still sold the best.

You're confused. I meant to keep them clean/easy to understand.

Calm the fuck down lol.

YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME AND MY........ok.

I'm pissed off because of direction Tekken is heading. I'm tired of copy pasting every fucking move or animation. I'm annoyed by clown characters made to carter audiences Tekken wasn't meant to when it was a martial arts tribute. I embarrassed because Harada puts Ono and SF above Tekken and it's veteran fans. I'm furious about 5 year wait for TxSF and making morons out of us all.

How clean is that?

Where am I on the Black List?

The stages included in the game thus far look nice. http://tekken.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Tekken_7_Stages

They are! I really like Dragon's Nest, the weather effects look great. The souq one looks very nice too.

Edit; From Tag 2 I'd love to see Riverside Promenade, Fireworks over Barcelona, Extravagant Underground and Dusk after the Rain return. Those stages would be amazing with further improved graphics/effects.

AAK

DEATH™;185137334 said:
So? Try to say that in your pitch and people will give you less money. Don't assume that people think that since it sold long time ago will mean it will sell now. In fact, they will even question if you have to spend that amount of money developing the game. Considering how TTT2 has a lower than expected sales and most of its features unappreciated, T7 could have a reduced budget, and it freaking shows. The game looks like recycled TxSF assets and obviously rushed so there would be a steady arcade cashflow. Consider too that Namco are developing other games along with it and there aren't not much money spread around.

Tekken has a console revenue AND an arcade revenue. Tekken has a worldwide market spanning way more countries than SF and MK that are only selling better now in American markets. And even after that you add to your pitch at how well SF and MK are doing based on the changes they make in their games. You can also add to the pitch that there's a huge vacuum left in the 3D fighter space that is currently only taken by DOA and Tekken. If Tekken can overhaul to get more competitive in that space there's a large market to be catered to. And if Namco believes the previous audience can't be captured again, just point them to MK how with some investement into rekindling that wonder the masses had when witnessing the PS1-PS2 entries' presentation can definitely win your old audience back. There's SO much you can do if you want to convince Namco for money especially for an IP as big as Tekken.

Some of you seem to believe the Tekken Team has been given a budget with infinite money and the only reason things are the way they are is out of pure laziness and not decreased sales numbers and the underperformance of recent titles leading to a limited budget.

If what you say is true, then why did Tekken 5 manage to be a big leap after Tekken 4 sold significantly worse than Tekken Tag 1? Why didn't the budget of Tekken fall after the underperformance there?

In the end, what really is the point of continuing the series a this point if they're not willing to invest anymore in it? If Tekken is just going to keep getting a marginal and marginal budget as you both claim, and as a result stop trying to evolve/innovate, then why bother? Why not move on at this point?

I'm having a hard time seeing how these requests are unrealistic and I don't see how custom content would mess with the netcode.

If anything with the current hardware and it being 1v1 it should be pretty easy.

GrayFoxPL

I'd like to see a remaster of Lei Wulong stages from Tekken 2, the Hong Kong sky line and Lei Wu Long Tekken 3, the Hong Kong street.

tumblr_nciixpxQPK1sdqajoo1_400.gif

85oqll.jpg

Oh yeah that stage is so cool. Love it.

Remade stages in Tag1 were also great.

Tekken 7 stages look meh. It's like they were designed for netcode. You know how in Tag2 online stages get simplified to re-route all that computing power to netcode. T7 stages look very simple, empty and unnecessary shiny like plastic, even woody stage. The 2D backdrops look cheap.

I'm having a hard time seeing how these requests are unrealistic and I don't see how custom content would mess with the netcode.

If anything with the current hardware and it being 1v1 it should be pretty easy.

Would you still enjoy your customizations if only you could see them when online?

This is a good thread. This is what I was thinking when SFV was announced. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=947209

Tekken jumped the shark with Tekken 6 and still sold more than SF4 vanilla. Namco is currently in the shit with TTT2. Right now the right product could steal market share.

GrayFoxPL

I don't think SFV has any real competition.

Harada doesn't even want Tekken in the market until SFV is dead, so in like 2025.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom