• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Can't live without them. Kazuya needs shredders, bad.

Btw if in TxSF they'd merge 2 characters movesets in to 1. They should merge Kaz and Paul.

Paulzuya: ElectricDeathFist, ShredderGodFist, DemoHellsweepMan.

Someone write this down!

tumblr_m2wbwkc84x1ru37dno1_500.gif

Combine Law and King.
Bruce Lee with lots of grabs.

GrayFoxPL

Law with like 30 grabs?
Love it already.

Man wish Bruce Lee punched me once.

Wonder how many of those generic bad guys/ninjas now sit at a fireplace and proudly tell stories how Bruce Lee kicked their ass.

"Grandsonny, let me tell you, I flew the furthest!"

sasuke_91

Wish I could play like I imagine in my mind instead like a drunk hobo fighting over half empty bottle of beer.

"I....can..push buttons! Hic!"

There's no better feeling than pulling off something the way it played out in your head.
For me the highest of all feelings is is hitting Hwo's CH RFF b+3 into JFSR. 160 damage up your ass!
I can't imagine how those guys feel who pull off Kazuya's CH df2 into PEWGF.

Can't live without them. Kazuya needs shredders, bad.

Btw if in TxSF they'd merge 2 characters movesets in to 1. They should merge Kaz and Paul.

Paulzuya: ElectricDeathFist, ShredderGodFist, DemoHellsweepMan.

Someone write this down!
We get Xiaoyu with Wang moves and Hwo with Beak moves.
I play Hwoarang/Steve to get the best of both worlds. Why not fuse them?

GrayFoxPL

I'm in that crowd for sure. Don't think i've even gotten to green rank in TTT2 <.<:

Meanwhile in TR i'm at Yaksa. I'm detecting a slight difference in skill here.

I stopped playing TR after Seiryu.

"Yeah, this leads to nowhere."

I'd play it if they released more characters. I loved finding out all the changes and tweaks.

Fraeon

Kazuya's 1243 is steppable when you're on left side. Block the low, head left and you get a free launcher.

Well, sure, if you need to do that much.

In my case I just wait till the thing is over. Then do an i13-14 ch launcher.

Seems to work more often than not.

sasuke_91

7 stance character. Three 400 page books on "How to play Stevorang: The basics."

Stevorang is a good name.
The funny thing is, he'd still be easier than Yoshimitsu.

Yeah and they still have long combos and wallcaries.

All and all I enjoyed "short&sweet" boundless combos in this. Shame about the dumbass stat system.

I stopped when I played a 200 power Paul for my promo to Destroyer. That guy did nothing but Deathfists and invincibles. I didn't even move. Then I went to TTT2 and lost to Marauders.

GrayFoxPL

Stevorang is a good name.
The funny thing is, he'd still be easier than Yoshimitsu.

I stopped when I played a 200 power Paul for my promo to Destroyer. That guy did nothing but Deathfists and invincibles. I didn't even move. Then I went to TTT2 and lost to Marauders.

Yeah. Thing is Yoshi was wacky but his pre T6 iterations were pretty straightforward, and that was good. Kinda lost some of the charm for me when he got billion gimmicks and stances.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yeah. Thing is Yoshi was wacky but his pre T6 iterations were pretty straightforward, and that was good. Kinda lost some of the charm for me when he got billion gimmicks and stances.

I dunno, I liked Yoshimitsu in Tekken 5 and before, but I really started to love him with Tekken 6 onward.

Also, for ultimate stance prowess

Leishimitsu

DEATH™

Who do you guys think will return next?

Williamses?
Capos?
Bob?
Lei?
Zafina?
Miguel?
Raven?
Lee?
Jaycee?

Williams needs to be tweaked... ALOT. They will be broken in T7 due to weaker movement/sidestep cater too much of their strengths (see T6.0 Anna where lack of movement overall made her OP). Nina as she is will also have those strengths now, plus wallcarry which should be removed as per T7 "rules". Same with Changs. They have to be tweaked hard to a point where you won't recognize those chars gameplay wise, might as well create a new char...

Capos are gone (Lucky Chloe replaced them). Lei would be the same too due to grounded stances. They have to be tweaked hard just like Williams and Changs.

Miguel is replaced by Claudio.

Zaf might fit just because Xiaoyu was already in, but knowing how some people are annoyed by T7 Xiaoyu and what feels like her non-existent hurtbox in this game, she probably be tweaked to her usual low tier place. T_T

Raven is gone, considering the roster limit and not-so-popular pick. I hope he isn't though since Yoshi made it. He could be the Birdie of this game.

Lee might make it but they have to remove his wall carry.

The only thing Bob has against him is his "unpopularity". He could fit on this system well, but including him would be a kick to the nuts on many Tekken fans. Consider him staying but the actual fun, well designed characters don't?

Dereck

That reminds me, I actually asked some Namco Bandai Europe guy, when are you guys gonna announce new content for Tekken 7, and he was like, "I can't tell you when." I was like, shit.

When are they gonna announce some new content do you guys think? like, a character, next year?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
That reminds me, I actually asked some Namco Bandai Europe guy, when are you guys gonna announce new content for Tekken 7, and he was like, "I can't tell you when." I was like, shit.

When are they gonna announce some new content? like, a character, next year?

It's Capcom's turn :p

giphy.gif

Numb

When are they gonna announce some new content do you guys think? like, a character, next year?
Thought stuff would come after EVO
Console confirm is awesome but it was not shocking.

av2k

Godaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, Ronda got ktfo. Never seen Holly's fights before but I definitely will now, amazing display.

Can I ask for a new black character since we can't have Bruce back? Never was a fan of Raven and Eddy isn't enough. Some character that's like a mix of Miguel and Bruce or maybe a boxer to rival Steve but who piays really aggressive.

Numb

qv2QW.jpg

Never thought Gigas could look good.
Talk about a wasted slot that could have been a very unique character instead of pseudo-Marduk.
Even using the tentacles could have given something.

qv2QW.jpg

Talk about a wasted slot that could have been a very unique character instead of pseudo-Marduk.
Wow....that's so Japan I'm surprised that that isn't what Gigas looks like. Gigas is definitely the wackest character in T7 though so I guess it's an improvement.

AAK

All these legit fighters you guys are asking for and watch the next character end up being Kuma.

And on the topic of fan art, looks like a bunch of people submitted their work to MasterCup for a competition that will be held there. Here's a sample on their website:

saCGGCB.jpg

DEATH™

qv2QW.jpg

Don't be fooled. Trust me on this, everything will look darn fine in a female figure. It seems to me too that it isnt just hormones on me, cause even female artists around me agrees that there is something awesome about the female figure. They are just fun to draw and look at (artistically speaking). They will always look good and easy to describe the gesture on. You can make them look tough, creepy, or elegant, and they will still look good. Whether they are average, skinny, athletic or fuller figure, they will still look darn fine.

So, be aware of that when judging a character design that's genderbent.

lupinko

Oh right, the game is going to get updated tomorrow, well Tuesday, but it's Tuesday here tomorrow.

It addresses bugs in Jungle Outpost and Devil's Pit.

The game will become version K10.

Dereck

My fourth or fifth capture card decided to stop recording sound last night. I was gonna scrap the Vanquisher video, but this morning I decided to just record it mute and add music.

After I had recorded somewhere around an hour of footage, my computer crashed. I tried again, and it crashed again.

So all I've got from this is just this gif.

D4qCC6Y.gif

vpbh9xV.png

To be optimistic, I saved the replays for a later time.

Numb

DEATH&#8482;;185629943 said:
Don't be fooled. Trust me on this, everything will look darn fine in a female figure. It seems to me too that it isnt just hormones on me, cause even female artists around me agrees that there is something awesome about the female figure. They are just fun to draw and look at (artistically speaking). They will always look good and easy to describe the gesture on. You can make them look tough, creepy, or elegant, and they will still look good. Whether they are average, skinny, athletic or fuller figure, they will still look darn fine.

So, be aware of that when judging a character design that's genderbent.
Indeed. Always dudes turned into female look better than vice versa. Atleast to me.

My fourth or fifth capture card decided to stop recording sound last night. I was gonna scrap the Vanquisher video, but this morning I decided to just record it mute and add music.

After I had recorded somewhere around an hour of footage, my computer crashed. I tried again, and it crashed again.

So all I've got from this is just this gif.

D4qCC6Y.gif

vpbh9xV.png

To be optimistic, I saved the replays for a later time.
The damage.

We need to push for a Laila look alike. Has Tekken ever had this many new fighters introduced at one time? Gigas makes six right? We have Chloe, Josie, Shaheen, Claudio, Kazumi and Gigas. That's got to be a record.
1383253048_160067997_laila-ali-560.jpg

GrayFoxPL

It would be cool if (in T8) introduced rival family to Mishima. They could be Black.

Then we could get 3-4 new black characters without any "Who's black anyway?" bullshit. I want that Wesley Snipes. (Raven only kinda looks like Blade but doesn't fight like Snipes).

They could do this thing where every character is a rival to certain mishima and "anti" to his style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom