• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Shoutouts to devastator for the find.

Tekken 7 Oki:

PlushComposedGalah.gif
mjlol.png

Gotta love that bland custom too.

sasuke_91

Steve

8DF4iz7.gif

Marduk

8DF4iz7.gif

Feng, Raven, Dragunov

8DF4iz7.gif

Alisa

FmFWyQj.png

Bob

FmFWyQj.png

Lars

FmFWyQj.png
FmFWyQj.png

Miguel

8DF4iz7.gif

Couldn't agree more!

Leo, Asuka, and Jaycee are top tier in my heart (இдஇ)

Leo really is pretty high tier. Asuka not so much, but not bad either. Not sure about Jaycee.
There really aren't any "terrible" characters in Tekken though when it comes to tiers. So they aren't really that important :p

Shoutouts to devastator for the find.

Tekken 7 Oki:

PlushComposedGalah.gif

This looks really weird somehow.

AAK

This looks really weird somehow.

There's no somehow about it... it looks terrible. It reminds me of all the teleportation between frames of animation like SF4 Guy's Air throw powerbomb. Stuff 3D games are supposed to be so much better at than 2D games.

But aside from that... it really does beg the question on how to escape that situation if Josie keeps spamming d+4 and 3 at the corner if you're FDFA. In previous games, doing a regular getup will float you whereby you can then techroll.

GrayFoxPL

There's no somehow about it... it looks terrible. It reminds me of all the teleportation between frames of animation like SF4 Guy's Air throw powerbomb. Stuff 3D games are supposed to be so much better at than 2D games.

But aside from that... it really does beg the question on how to escape that situation if Josie keeps spamming d+4 and 3 at the corner if you're FDFA. In previous games, doing a regular getup will float you whereby you can then techroll.

Yeah, shitty oki system is shitty. "But noobs can't get up, we gotta halp."

Frz8xsH.gif

Great avatar. DR outfit colors owned. OWNED!

Shun

Yeah I like Leo. I just said that cause Asuka, as much as I like the character, is predictable bread and butter and isn't the offensive character I like.

Leo and Jaycee are great tho.

sasuke_91

Maybe it's not escapable? If that's the case they won't change the oki system I guess, so they'll probably nerf the recovery for Josie's d+4.

Yeah I like Leo. I just said that cause Asuka, as much as I like the character, is predictable bread and butter and isn't the offensive character I like.

Leo and Jaycee are great tho.

I like Leo as well. I play her with Ling. Great team imo.
I don't like Asuka though. Those strings annoy me, and I can't stay patient when I'm up against her :p

Doomshine

I obviously haven't played T7, but shouldn't he be able to tech after each d+4? Not to mention the initial spike is that new backflip thing that can be teched.

AAK

I obviously haven't played T7, but shouldn't he be able to tech after each d+4? Not to mention the initial spike is that new backflip thing that can be teched.

Hmmm yeah you're right, it should be teachable. I forgot repeated ground hits open up the option for a techroll wakeup. Unless something is different in T7?

All the player is doing is trying to back roll. There are multiple ways out of that situation.

He tried to sideroll as well and it would have worked anywhere other than the corner.

Dereck

Ever since I got that 16 dan rank, boooy, I've been getting very ostentatious.
S1031R6.png

Oh, you're a Genbu? You're only a few ranks away from me, no big deal playboi.
S1031R6.png

I come up in a lobby of green ranks, VANQUISHER, green ranks move out of my way as I walk straight to the winner's spot.
VZvTRYT.png

Blue ranks used to kick me whenever I entered their rooms. A warrior? Fuck outta here, kick that guy.
uLFVaQU.png

Now I roll up in there with that fresh orange rank, blue ranks start assuming more out of me, well, he's a Vanquisher, so he at least knows how to punish, right?
maPSeW4.png

GrayFoxPL

Got myself Tekken Hybrid for Tag1 HD nostalgia factor.

Definietly some frames are ragequitting but at least the colors and graphics are beautiful.

Man, that colorful Tekken. Very pretty.

Just fooled around with Devil/Kazuya. I must say Devil has great model here, really like how he looks. Tag2 Devil Kaz is a far cry ascetically.

oXyuJOP.gif

Mid WindGodFist galore. Sidestep, make crouch jab whiff and launch with wgf, haha - great feeling.

5znKUdv.gif

Also times when everything loaded in seconds.

Jin sounded way different in T3/Tag then now. Gotta check if voice actor changed. Edit: Seems not.

Barebones movesets but the game still is fun beast.

Gotta play it more to polish Tekken basics.

Bout pls.
You are making us green and yellow ranks ashamed

True dat.

Bout is high on rank heroine, but he deserves it.

When's my turn? :(

sasuke_91

ostentatious

Lol, never heard that word before^^

Blue ranks used to kick me whenever I entered their rooms. A warrior? Fuck outta here, kick that guy.

:/
This annoys me quite a bit. People assuming you're a noob because of your rank. Tekken 6 did that right, only showing your rank in Ranking mode and hiding it in Player matches.
But hey, I've been told twice already that I play on Genbu level (which surprises me to be honest), so that's cool :p

When's my turn? :(

I still don't understand how you're not a yellow rank. You're one example for why ranks don't matter.

Rheon

Since this is basically Tekken Community now...

Which Tekken do you think was Toyama's best work in terms of music composition?

I think my favorite has to be Tekken 5 or 6 regarding that. Tekken 7 ain't bad tho.

I mean I like using Asuka and Julia/Jaycee...

TTT1 by far.

As a whole, TTT1 is still the best Tekken soundtrack to me.

GrayFoxPL

:/
This annoys me quite a bit. People assuming you're a noob because of your rank. Tekken 6 did that right, only showing your rank in Ranking mode and hiding it in Player matches.
But hey, I've been told twice already that I play on Genbu level (which surprises me to be honest), so that's cool :p

That's true. If you'd look at Doomshines rank he'd be a noob but he's a Wolf waiting for innocent little Red Riding Hoods like us.

You won't get my basket Doom!

You definitely play better then your rank shows too. Your only flaw is that you still show mercy sometimes, Sasuke.

I still don't understand how you're not a yellow rank. You're one example for why ranks don't matter.

Thanks man. I tend to play better with higher ranked opponents but lose to random spaming like Yoshi's db+3,3,3,3 in the corner.

Playing ranked is hard because opponents are changing and when you figured out one opponent you must forget it because next person has different mentality and previous strategy doesn't work.

I constantly change characters. I told myself million times if I stuck to one team for few weeks I'd level up, but I can't. Every day something(movie, manga, random video clips) inspires me to play a different character.

I already try to limit myself to Kazuya + everyone else.

Shun

Has there been an interview or an explanation as to why Korean players almost always prefer bat top by like Knee or JDCR?

I assume the parts in arcades like green have always used bat top? Or just preference sake?

I've always been curious about this since I think ball make more sense.

Has there been an interview or an explanation as to why Korean players almost always prefer bat top by like Knee or JDCR?

I assume the parts in arcades like green have always used bat top? Or just preference sake?

I've always been curious about this since I think ball make more sense.

The popular Korean levers use a bat top. If you actually check one out, you'll notice it's not actually a "bat top" but the entire lever is one piece. Can't separate the plastic from the metal. There are special levers that exist with a screw head for the ability to swap tops, and I bought one!

After a couple months I went back to the regular lever. I use a Crown, and it requires a good bit of force to move relative to a Sanwa lever. Probably preference, but I didn't feel the ball top added any ease to operation (I've used and still used ball top for years on Sanwa sticks). Didn't make it any harder, but there was no reason to change if it wasn't going to help me. Other players may feel the same.

IIRC Knee's stick (and also JDCR?) is custom made. I think all of the sticks in Green Arcade are home made. People have complained about them, but they're so used to them that it's whatever now. If you watch the streams, those guys have zero issues with execution.

Guys...Check out

His.

Fucking.

Hand.

Wish I could play a stick.

Nobody will believe me but my P1 backdash is exactly like that lol. I learned from the great Jimmy J Tran. Video no longer exists though.

AAK

Nobody will believe me but my P1 backdash is exactly like that lol. I learned from the great Jimmy J Tran. Video no longer exists though.

I can testify to this. It was legit.

Ever since I got that 16 dan rank, boooy, I've been getting very ostentatious.
S1031R6.png

Oh, you're a Genbu? You're only a few ranks away from me, no big deal playboi.
S1031R6.png

I come up in a lobby of green ranks, VANQUISHER, green ranks move out of my way as I walk straight to the winner's spot.
VZvTRYT.png

uLFVaQU.png

Now I roll up in there with that fresh orange rank, blue ranks start assuming more out of me, well, he's a Vanquisher, so he at least knows how to punish, right?
maPSeW4.png

This was a pretty entertaining post haha. #Days_of_our_online_Tekken_Lives Only to be followed up with

I'm still Beginner. :F

dDvgKHd.gif

AAK

If anyone of the major companies like RedBull, RZR, EG, etc. ever are gonna hire a full time Tekken player from outside Europe/Asia... I think it should really be Lil Majin.

Damn man, how you can you be so good at Guilty Gear, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, AND Soul Calibur all in one? He just won a GGXrd tournament overcoming one of NY's premier Anime players. Along with the fact he won last year's Ultimate Tournament in France for Tekken it's real rare to see a mutli-game master like that accross 2D and 3D games.

Plus talking about Majin gave me an excuse to post this vid spanning US greats from Texas all the way to NY from the previous generation.

sasuke_91

That's true. If you'd look at Doomshines rank he'd be a noob but he's a Wolf waiting for innocent little Red Riding Hoods like us.

You won't get my basket Doom!

You definitely play better then your rank shows too. Your only flaw is that you still show mercy sometimes, Sasuke.

Doom still in those light blue ranks yo. Numb also stopped at Berserker although he should be a Duelist by now.

I think I'm too nice. I rarely use a move twice in a row. I don't even use the same grab twice lol.
I wanted to take on a new, more agressive playstyle, but that's so tiring D:

Playing ranked is hard because opponents are changing and when you figured out one opponent you must forget it because next person has different mentality and previous strategy doesn't work.

I agree. Playing an opponent for three rounds is not enough. The gimmicks people use in ranked wouldn't work in FT3, not even in a best of 3.

I'm still Beginner. :F

Yeah you're a scrub :p
But wait, weren't you an 8th Kyu?

Guys...Check out

His.

Fucking.

Hand.

Wish I could play a stick.

That hand movement when he did the light dash was crazy.
I always wonder if playing stick would change anything. I don't feel like it'd worth making the jump.

So a few low level sites are saying something about Tekken 7 getting guest characters. Can anyone confirm this or is it just blind speculation? Link

404 Not Found.
It's just a rumor though. Nothing confirmed.

Damn, sounds pretty nice.

We are even on matches. I even managed to beat Aris with my EU-ness but bout knows that fuckery.

Isn't your connection really, really awful?

AAK

I wouldn't hate this situation so much if only I could properly execute Chickens in real life matches haha. Can't tell you how many times I fell for that same gimmick...
Or I could just play Bryan and d/f+2 that crap over and over...

Sayah

Also, I realized some people here were looking down on TTT2 music. How could you?

Abyss of Time
Tulip Festival
Your Sunset

Three of the top tier tracks in Tekken franchise history.

AAK

To me, TTT2's excessive use of dubstep depreciated from the better tracks in the game unfortunately. TTT2's credits song of Night Falls followed by the Landscape Under the Ghost remix is one of the most memorable tracks to me too...

But I honestly get headaches in the purple stage to the point it leaves a sour taste.

For me, Tekken 3 wins just because of the most consistent series of highs. Tekken 2, TTT1, and T5 all have tracks that reach and sometimes excel in the greatness but their overall soundtrack don't reach the near untouchable status Tekken 3 invokes when I listen to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom