• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

We all know who has the best ending tho.
tumblr_mco8qlQXk31qb647mo1_500.gif

Walking in and styling heihachi like that.

Heck he is the best thing about the intro too.
Gatdamn look at this man.
tumblr_m6ks49nIib1rnbk4so1_500.gif

i might be biased when it comes to Jinpachi.

Problem is he wouldn't fit through a car door. ;)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I liked some of the endings done in alternative styles. Eddy/Christie's endings were pretty good, despite following the same stupid plot thread that's been going since Tekken 4.

GrayFoxPL

If Tekken 7 comes to PC, that introduces the possibility of people making their own costumes.

Like in Street Fighter IV

One of the reasons it wont come to PC.

Namco didn't like Harada's free everything Tag2.

They'll be dlc'ing this game to hell and back. You can bet on it. PC "hacking" might ruin everything for them. They can't let modders have their fun.

Edit:

Played one crazy mofo online.

With his Kaz/Hei team he constantly fucked me up with: Kaz starter: Electric~tag, Hei, Electric~tag, Kaz, Electric~tag, Hei d+1 B! Tag, Kaz, Electric, Hei, OTGF, qcf+2.

I was like:
RKT7Rsu.gif

AAK

I don't think MasterCup happened yet... I believe it's supposed to start in around 5 hours.

FlyingWonkey; Good luck and have fun brother!

joeblow

Shoutouts to devastator for the find.

Tekken 7 Oki:

PlushComposedGalah.gif

Yeah, that's similar to what I was referring to in this post. I never saw this version of it, but Lucky Chloe can spam an uppercut after leaving them in the face down feet away position that flips them right back to the same position.

This is usually caused by the new T7 juggle spike that you can barely see the effect of Josie's juggle spike at the start of the .gif. Defenders can hold back for a tech slide after the spike that blocks the followup, but leaves them in a stun that doesn't let them attack for around 20 frames or so.

If the defender doesn't tech backwards, a follow up ground hit is guaranteed and knocks them back down. For LC at least, she can spam the oki ground attack move over and over until the defender techrolls left or right. Teching backwards doesn't activate fast enough to get up. I don't know if Josie's is techable because the low kick is coming out faster.

If someone finds a Lucky Chloe version, post it up please. I've only seen it live at the arcade.

Sayah

MarkMan and Murray with those coca cola and dr. pepper cans.

Cut that ish out of your lives guys.

After I realized one single can of coca cola has like 40g of artificial sugar, I never looked back again.

WHO recommends you only intake 50g of sugar per day.

Soda actually wasn't that hard to quit. I don't miss it at all now. Actually feel disgusted with myself when I think back and realize how much soda I used to drink.

Sayah

Spooky and Markman mentioned that there's an item to change skin tone. Characters are going to look even less recognisable now!

I'm fine with changing skin tones as long as we're not getting too crazy with them like blue or green. lol.

Just the actual customs are.............I feel like I've done this ad nauseam.

Ain't that just the lighting? Or is there a joke I'm missing?

No. It's not the lighting.

THey mentioned on stream you can change skin tones now.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Oh, cool. I remember VF5 having some customs like that. And Bryan had some Frankenstein colors in T6.

AAK

Spooky and Markman mentioned that there's an item to change skin tone. Characters are going to look even less recognisable now!

19gsy6h6tcf15jpg.jpg

Namcoooooooooooooo!!!!!! Why???? :/

You had such a great system back in Tekken 6 too....

I think its time to give up.

Dereck

We can apparently change skin tones in the game?

ofDIWW2.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganguro

Because we'd rather have Ganguros in the game rather than any person who is African American.

http://www.twitch.tv/tekken/v/27019116?t=5m58s

Guys, guys, guys.

There are two black people in the Dead or Alive series.

The only black woman in Dead or Alive, (who is light skinned by the way), got the lowest amount of votes to be in Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. We know this, dark skinned people aren't that attractive to Japanese people.

Hmmmmm, it's hard being a black fighting game fan.

http://www.twitch.tv/tekken/v/27019116?t=5m58s

AhlijlO.gif

Like, is it something we did? Holy shit man. Is there something I can do? Do I need to pull a Google images link of "black person"?

I guess there's nothing I can do except look like an idiot complaining about "waaaaah, no black people", over and over in a vacuum.

AAK

Listening to MMurray whenever I tuned in basically confirms that the current presentation of Tekken is here to stay.

I don't know what else there is I can do anymore to get this changed.

Regardless, good stuff to MarkMan and Sp00ky for doing a 15 hour long commentary marathon. Didn't get to see Flying Wonkey if he got on stream, but hope he had a good time regardless.

Doomshine

Well, can't say I expected these two teams in the final, but good stuff. I have a lot of matches to watch still though, I fell asleep right after the first few matches on stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom