• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thankful for the fact that...

I got soul and I was born super bad.
Gg5V4DeHMdaeY.gif

Happy Thanksgiving Tekken GAF!!

GrayFoxPL

Yes because 3v3 round robin format just exemplifies that right?

Still find Korean play boring but it doesn't mean they haven't learned what's worked since evo. We'll see though.

2 guys taking out 5 kinda exemplifies that.

Oh yeah they learned, long ago and everyone else is trying to keep up. I already told You I followed Koreans since they got the game and they experimented and checked tons of "new" stuff, but if shit doesn't work then shit doesn't work and they move on. They just play the game the best way it can be played when winning is on the table and not casual screwing around.

You will be disappointed but sooner or later probably everyone will play the game just like Koreans and if it looks boring it's not the fault of the players, it's the game.

But I don't wanna argue about this anymore.

I just bet on Koreans winning the closest T7 tournaments.

What are you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving

For Jackie Chan and Lei Wulong!

SGn6Q2g.jpg

D0oHx39.png

We don't have this holiday here :(

Sayah

Wondering if I should buy Guilty Gear Xrd.
$15 on PSN.

Canada's thanksgiving was October 12 :p

Thankful for every privilege really.Recently....

Lentil Soup... Indian Chicken Curry... Rice

Best combination... EVER

eeeeehhh.....
I hate eating curry with rice.
Only nan are acceptable.

Edit: I haven't been too satisfied with my Indian/Pakistani restaurant venturing as of late. I can make better stuff at home.
Most people seem to have this terrible green chutney.......

chutney.jpg

Instead of the actual good one made with yogurt that's 100 times better.

IMGP6218.JPG

How can you call yourself an Indian restaurant and not have yogurt chutney? I went to like 4 different restaurants in the past month and all of them had that terrible green gunky mess they squirt out of a pre-stored bottle.

Sayah

Already had xrd so bought BB instead for same price.
It's pretty cheap and you can train for XrdR if you were interested. Game is good.
Best looking too.

I'll have to see. I forgot there was XrdR on the way.
This is what I already bought online. lol.

Until Dawn ($15.99)
Splatoon ($28)
FF Type-0 HD ($15.99)
DSII SotFS ($15.99)
Mortal Kombat X ($19.99)
Diablo III UE Edition ($15.99)
PS+ 9 months ($30)

Total = ~$142 + tax

Gotta love Best Buy and Gamer's Club. Also thinking of getting a 3DS so my work commutes are less boring. Unless there's good android games someone can recommend.

Numb

Trying not to spend money during these sales lol
That's a nice list. Get Monster Hunter 4 with your 3DS.Watch as the time flies by.

Sayah

Trying not to spend money during these sales lol
That's a nice list. Get Monster Hunter 4 with your 3DS.Watch as the time flies by.

I'll probably play these games for 1 hour each and then stop. lol. The temptation of sales is just too strong.

Gambit61

These sales have been pretty good, got Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded, and Bloodborne (which I'm now hooked on) for $20 each. Now I'm just wonderin if i should double dip on Xrd (I have the HK PS3 version).

Sayah

Watched through more of Mastercup. Very enjoyable but my immersion would be even greater if distracting customs weren't there. Thanks to MarkMan, Murray, and Spooky.

I'm really grateful that they used high quality streaming on Twitch instead of Niconico.

sasuke_91

Good games Doomshine. Good games from my brother too. He played really bad today and his defense in general is a little weak.
I love those close matches we have sometimes. When one hit decides the match the turtling and spacing gets real!

I might enter a little tournament again tommorow, if I find the time. It's a little expensive though (20€) and Tekken is only a little side event with not so many entrants (maximum 10 players). Still have to think about it^^

Does anyone think we will get any western mainstream media coverage for T7? I was impressed with MKX this year. Do you think we can get COCO?

mk2.gif

a.png

course-best-clueless-gamer-comes-during-e3-conan-plays-super-smash.jpg

GrayFoxPL

I'm running out of stuff to talk about in here, how about you guys?

Yeah, in 2 weeks we'll to get some news. If Capcom allows.

In the meantime I play some Namco classics.

Today I fired up again original Xevious. (Namco Museum Essentials)

J9yRADU.jpg

Let me tell You - this game is fucked up. I know Japan developed huge lore to this game, space opera novels, professional music album inspired by the game, crazy story, tons of japan only sequels, made up alien language, shit like that.

Gameplay is so bizarre, maybe genius. There's mechanic where enemies will fly from opposite of where you are and if you are in the middle they'll attack from both sides of the screen. Simple but makes huge impact in gameplay because you don't want to be in the middle of the screen but you have to sometimes. Also when you don't shoot anything the enemies will not be aggressive and you can survive longer. But if you destroy everything in sight every thing will gang up on you, bullets everywhere after 5 minutes. I played this quite a lot and still I don't understand what actions spawn what enemies and if some things are random.

And I'm telling you that "music" thing is some kind of subconscious mind control shit. At first you can't stand it, but after a while you become numb and just focus on shooting or not-shooting and trying to sync with this weird game. Like you are drugged.

I wouldn't be surprised if aliens made this game. Mind control invasion preparation. Not to mention it's from 1982 and the graphics look strangely way too good for that time.

Alien conspiracy.

I'm more of a Galaga guy, but Xevious is fascinating. I love games that have some mystique in them.

What about you guys? Do You like to play certain old ass classics?

AAK

eeeeehhh.....
I hate eating curry with rice.
Only nan are acceptable.

Edit: I haven't been too satisfied with my Indian/Pakistani restaurant venturing as of late. I can make better stuff at home.
Most people seem to have this terrible green chutney.......

chutney.jpg

Instead of the actual good one made with yogurt that's 100 times better.

IMGP6218.JPG

How can you call yourself an Indian restaurant and not have yogurt chutney? I went to like 4 different restaurants in the past month and all of them had that terrible green gunky mess they squirt out of a pre-stored bottle.

I can understand preferring Naan.... but "hate"? Damn bruh.... that is my penultimate dish! Can you eat biryani though? Biryani is basically rice cooked in Chicken Curry :p

And I personally am not the biggest fan of Yogurt chutney. I need my Indian food super spicy. The Yogurt added on top if it isn't cooked with the Chicken dilute the spice. Not for me!

But DAMN @ the comment about how you prefer your home cooking to profession restaurants. Do you use Shaan masala or your own homegrown recipes?

These foods look pretty disgusting.

Haha it might.... but give it a shot at your local Indian restraunt! Order some Chicken Karahi with Rice & Daal and lemme know what you think ;)

I'm running out of stuff to talk about in here, how about you guys?

We could talk about your impending stampede through PSN ranked till you reach red ranks ;)

Does anyone think we will get any western mainstream media coverage for T7? I was impressed with MKX this year. Do you think we can get COCO?

Until Tekken re-animates its PS1 animations and updates its aesthetic into something that can compete with MKX and SFV I can't see it happening.

Sly has done good work on his film Creed, metacritic loves it so far. My personal favorite is Rocky 2. I'd like to share with all you fighters out there what I believe to be the greatest opening to a sequel ever. Something about this shot and that damn music is just phenomenal. If you can't appreciate this, I never knew you...Rocky 2 Intro Link Dat brass band and dat piano is god like.

Sayah

I can understand preferring Naan.... but "hate"? Damn bruh.... that is my penultimate dish! Can you eat biryani though? Biryani is basically rice cooked in Chicken Curry :p

And I personally am not the biggest fan of Yogurt chutney. I need my Indian food super spicy. The Yogurt added on top if it isn't cooked with the Chicken dilute the spice. Not for me!

But DAMN @ the comment about how you prefer your home cooking to profession restaurants. Do you use Shaan masala or your own homegrown recipes?

You haven't had good yogurt chutney then. You can easily make it at home. This is how I do it.

Ingredients:
Plain yogurt (make at home or obtain from an Indian store; do not use western brands like Dannon, Chobani, etc. - they are thicker and have a different texture - not good for chutneys).

1 serrano pepper, 1 paprika pepper

Some coriander

Some salt

Cut up the coriander and peppers and put them in a blender along with 4-5 spoonfuls of the yogurt. If the blender doesn't mix it well, add more spoonfuls of the yogurt until it does.
Once complete, add your blended mixture into a bowl of yogurt and mix. Add salt to taste. No need for chili powder as it's already spicy.

Eat with samosa or whatever else. Tell me that stuff sucks or isn't spicy with a straight face. :p

I have actually grown tired of tamarind chutnyes as of late. Used to eat that stuff all the time but no longer like it as much.

And yes, I like biryani but that's different. It's cooked together and mixed very well. The seasonings and spices are blended in very well as opposed to just putting curry on top of plain white rice. I'm not a big meat eater btw. I rarely will eat chicken and that's it. Don't even touch goat, lamb, or beef.

Sayah

Just with you guys. I'd rather talk about tactics, theories, and match ups but this thread isn't really about that.

I'd rather talk about customs and how they're ruining everything. :D :D :D :D :D

Tekken 7 goes from best looking current-gen fighting game to worst-looking current gen fighting game when customs are involved. I'm willing to tolerate everything (lack of redone animations, lacking character designs, boring ragearts, etc.) but at least those things don't as terribly ruin the look of the game as the customs do.

Lucky Chloe's design actually looks beautiful compared to some of the abortion of a custom some people create.

Tekken wiki:

Throughout the series, with the exception of battle cries, Dragunov never speaks a single word, either in his pre-fight and win poses or his cinematic endings. However, series producer Katsuhiro Harada confirmed that Dragunov is perfectly capable of speaking, as shown in his Scenario Campaign dialogues (albeit unvoiced), although he uses short, to-the-point words in his speech. Harada also stated that Dragunov enjoys singing outside battles; this is hinted in one of his win poses, which has him humming.

Good shit.

I'd love for Tekken 7 to come with a digital series spanning encyclopedia.I'd like it to be very detailed and focus on the lore. It would be nice if it came with download support for mobile devices as well. If Namco can't produce it for free, give it to us as paid DLC. You sell them separately in volumes until you complete the entire franchise. It'd be nice to get a comic book team to create a canon comic to cover the entire series and sell it as DLC. In an Ideal situation you should take your time with this and don't rush it.

I'm sure Namco has a Tekken design doc. We need a Tekken lore doc too.
See Halo Encyclopedia
StoryofHalo_encyclopedia.jpg

Numb

Sasuke, Doom, Numb, anyone in Euro, you guys gonna play tomorrow during day?

If not it's ok, but I ask anyway.

Just saw. You know i'm always down for some ironfisting whenever possible...that sounded better in my head.
But for thr first time it ain't possible. but i can catch you at night if you up

GrayFoxPL

Just saw. You know i'm always down for some ironfisting whenever possible...that sounded better in my head.
But for thr first time it ain't possible. but i can catch you at night if you up

Can't play at night, it's ok though. We'll ironfist each other next time, lol.

sasuke_91

Sasuke, Doom, Numb, anyone in Euro, you guys gonna play tomorrow during day?

If not it's ok, but I ask anyway.
I won't go to the tourney tommorow. I just don't see the point in spending 20€ for a side-event at a tourney for 2D games^^

I hope I'll be able to play tommorow. You're Online at ~12:00 normally, aren't you? I'll try to catch you at that time.
And don't forget my promise. 1 Dempsey Roll for you ;)

Squirrel, have fun at your meet-up!

GrayFoxPL

I won't go to the tourney tommorow. I just don't see the point in spending 20€ for a side-event at a tourney for 2D games^^

I hope I'll be able to play tommorow. You're Online at ~12:00 normally, aren't you? I'll try to catch you at that time.
And don't forget my promise. 1 Dempsey Roll for you ;)

Squirrel, have fun at your meet-up!

Yeah, I'm from 12-17/18 rarely 19.00.

I remember. ;)

Dereck

I'll bring up something.

If you had to make a character roster for Tekken 7 with only 16 character slots, what would your roster look like?

Bonus points for a character select image edit.

Numb

I'll bring up something.

If you had to make a character roster for Tekken 7 with only 16 character slots, what would your roster look like?

Just 16? Gonna be hard. Let me try and not just have my favs.

Shaheen
Kazuya
Jin
Josie/Bruce
Eddie/Christie
Claudio
Lars
Lili
Bryan
Law
Steve
Kazumi
King
Feng
Hwoarang
Yoshimitsu.

Bonus Mokujin cost he doesn't need a slot :)

Yeah, in 2 weeks we'll to get some news. If Capcom allows.

In the meantime I play some Namco classics.

Today I fired up again original Xevious. (Namco Museum Essentials)

Let me tell You - this game is fucked up. I know Japan developed huge lore to this game, space opera novels, professional music album inspired by the game, crazy story, tons of japan only sequels, made up alien language, shit like that.

Gameplay is so bizarre, maybe genius. There's mechanic where enemies will fly from opposite of where you are and if you are in the middle they'll attack from both sides of the screen. Simple but makes huge impact in gameplay because you don't want to be in the middle of the screen but you have to sometimes. Also when you don't shoot anything the enemies will not be aggressive and you can survive longer. But if you destroy everything in sight every thing will gang up on you, bullets everywhere after 5 minutes. I played this quite a lot and still I don't understand what actions spawn what enemies and if some things are random.

And I'm telling you that "music" thing is some kind of subconscious mind control shit. At first you can't stand it, but after a while you become numb and just focus on shooting or not-shooting and trying to sync with this weird game. Like you are drugged.

I wouldn't be surprised if aliens made this game. Mind control invasion preparation. Not to mention it's from 1982 and the graphics look strangely way too good for that time.

Alien conspiracy.

I'm more of a Galaga guy, but Xevious is fascinating. I love games that have some mystique in them.

What about you guys? Do You like to play certain old ass classics?

I don't actually play these anymore but;
Centipede- Arcade
Gradius -Super NES
Master Blaster - old school NES
Yeah I played Galaga too back in my day. I guess you can say I have a great respect for all the classics so to say.

Just 16? Gonna be hard. Let me try and not just have my favs.

You got most of the major play styles and the more interesting characters so yep it's a decent 16. Cosigned.

Numb

I used to like this one that I made but I think it's garbo now, I'll have to make a new one.

Man if i had an extra slot it would go to Miguel.
He got done dirty. Marduk i took as Gigas and removed him unless you can press start on Gigas and get Marduk with his actual moves which is impossible.

I used to like this one that I made but I think it's garbo now, I'll have to make a new one.

I like that list too. I'm not a big fan of Ganryu, but I'll allow it. You know I actually love most of the cast except for the animals. They only add levity for me.

Edit: A game with just new characters since Tekken 4 would be nice to see too, no animals and no devils. I don't like that fat bastard Bob he's out.

GrayFoxPL

I'll bring up something.

mNSbg2X.jpg

But really something like this:

NWCyqID.jpg

NOTES:

JayCee not Julia

GunJack2 not Jack7

Twist:

A.King has some of King's moves, not other way around.

Kuma ate Heihachi :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom