• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

I made a joke about Mishimas before. 1,1,2 for Mishimas are decent punishes for EVERYTHING. And if they don't punish something, just don't do the 2 at the end.

Whenever I play Devil Jin, I will blindly try to punish moves that I have no idea about. 1,1,2 city

GrayFoxPL

I don't know where i fall on Gray's list.
Maybe troll or stoned i think...

You're that schizophrenic guy, haha. Every time Moku changes I fight different dude.
But also:
CH Set upper
Mix Upper
Button Pusher
Sometimes Japanese

I'm
Button Pusher
Hopkicker
Low Abuser
No-punisher
Stringer
Sometimes Mix upper

Numb

You're that schizophrenic guy, haha. Every time Moku changes I fight different dude.
But also:
CH Set upper
Mix Upper
Button Pusher
Sometimes Japanese

I'm
Button Pusher
Hopkicker
Low Abuser
No-punisher
Stringer
Sometimes Mix upper
You do like your hopkicks lol
And i always get hit.

sasuke_91

I don't know where i fall on Gray's list.
Maybe troll or stoned i think...

Mix upper I'd say. I would call you "Interrupter" though.
What would I be, GrayFox?

I made a joke about Mishimas before. 1,1,2 for Mishimas are decent punishes for EVERYTHING. And if they don't punish something, just don't do the 2 at the end.

Whenever I play Devil Jin, I will blindly try to punish moves that I have no idea about. 1,1,2 city

Yeah 1,1,2 is a great move. One of the most easily hit confirmable moves in the game. Steve also has 1,1,2 but it doesn't KD.

To me, Feng's f+3,4 always looked like a move that would easily be hit confirmable. Only now that I tried him out myself I noticed that that is not the case.

Fraeon

Hmmmm... hard to say where I fall with those definitions.

Still feel like I haven't found a playstyle to actually call my own.

GrayFoxPL

Hmmmm... hard to say where I fall with those definitions.

Still feel like I haven't found a playstyle to actually call my own.

It's just for fun and to stop stressing out about every opponent. :]

You just write "quirks" that dominate.

Maybe you're "All-rounder."

When I label my opponents of course their playstyle doesn't limit to that.

It just gives me that quick little info telling me it's more probable(but not sure) opponent reacts certain way in specific situation.

If it doesn't work, bummer. Maybe next time.

Peeps, don't make my mistake and try to "think for 2" during match.

That's why I figured out these simple labels. They're just easy to remember in the middle of fight. Ranked matches. There's no time for complex analysis.

Quick snacks. Chips, fries.

Oh I forgot few labels.

Wake up croucher

Wake up stander

I'm wake up croucher :( I don't know why I think ppl will go low. They never do!)

Gambit61

I'm one of those guys who always lose after winning 2 rounds.

Yeah this is me, I wish we had the tekken website up, I had so many matches where I win the first 2 rounds easy then I change up my style/get anxious and then lose the match. I kinda wanna try ranked again to see if i can get outta green ranks now lol.

AAK

....whew.... Just walked out of my first hackathon.... Damn this has been the most gurelling 48 hours of my life. But man was it worth it. If there's anyone learning or is in computer science I recommend it. Learned so much about coding!

Anyways back on topic.

Good stuff bout! Conqueror is LITERALLY just a couple of victories away ;)
You can always pull out your other teams as well in ranked ;)

As for your other question..16 character roster?

1. BRAND NEW CHARACTER w/ BRAND NEW MOVELIST
2. BRAND NEW CHARACTER w/ BRAND NEW MOVELIST
3. BRAND NEW CHARACTER w/ BRAND NEW MOVELIST
4. BRAND NEW CHARACTER w/ BRAND NEW MOVELIST
5. BRAND NEW CHARACTER w/ BRAND NEW MOVELIST
6. BRAND NEW CHARACTER w/ BRAND NEW MOVELIST
7. BRAND NEW CHARACTER w/ BRAND NEW MOVELIST
8. BRAND NEW CHARACTER w/ BRAND NEW MOVELIST
9. Marduk w/ expanded movelist
10. Jin/Devil Jin Hybrid. Make them one character.
11. Christie with LC's movelist without the trolling (Press START for Eddy with TTT2 movelist)
12. Kazuya (It's fine if he stays the same)
13. Hwoarang (He's like the only T7 character that got substantial changes)
14. Steve Fox (Give him more unique stuff with his ducks and sways that are really flashy)
15. Kazumi
16. Lei Wulong

I like that all these fantasy character lists have Kazumi on them /o/

Man, it's hard to classify yourself as a type of player. I'd -like- to be that defensive whiff punisher kinda guy, but i think i'm kinda ploop at it. I'd -like- to mix people up fiercely, but even worse at that <.<;

AAK

Lol-King:

jeFloBw.gif

Numb

Well if we get enough people we can do it like this. Everyone picks 3 players & puts in say 20. The person with the most amount of players in Top 3 wins the pot. If there is a draw the winners split the pot.

Sounds cool.
Don't think you'll get enough here if you failed in the other places. Maybe for the Tekken world tournament lol

MikeMyers

My ideal 16-character roster would be:

01. Heihachi Mishima
02. Kazuya Mishima
03. Paul Phoenix
04. Nina Williams
05. Marshall Law
06. Yoshimitsu
07-16. New characters

Basically the legacy characters with new designs and a bunch of new characters.

AAK

I think Ao is gonna take this one. But the real question is to see if Team America and get past at least the female Korean/Japanese contestants :p.

AAK

But I'm not putting up any money on anything. That's just throwing it away. Would rather gamble with that 20 buying a game I haven't played before.

Having a decent TV matters when playing online. Holy Shit.

Went from Pugilist to fighter then back up to Pugilist again, lol.

It's really nice to play (and like) Tekken again. <3

sasuke_91

I recorded a game with my phone just to show you what my problem in Ranked matches is:
Xiaoyu Demotion

That guy was a
No-Defender
Baiter (he didn't do it on purpose though)
No-punisher
Stander
Button pusher
Button masher
Somewhat stoned
Launcher crazy
Troll

But I still lost to him. Watching that match again I have no idea why I even played like this, but this is how my matches generally look like. It's no exception to the rule. In the third round I didn't even bother blocking anymore and I expected him to end the match with a 1+2 throw, but I wasn't able to break it on time.
In the second round I wanted to go into Hypnotist stance when he was lying on the ground but did a backdash instead and went into Hypnotist stance when he already stood up.
Another thing is that the stage confuses me because I can't see the walls. I ran into the wall twice...

Dereck

It looked like you were nervous. I think maybe you should have low parried or blocked more lows.

Also too, if you get some damage on the guy, I don't think you need to constantly be in his face. There were a few times where you were launched or hit just because you were going into a stance in his face or you were walking towards him.

On that round where you died it look like you tried to tag crash but it didn't come out?

I'm not sure if it's just the ranked that's making you play a certain way or not.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Oh joy of joys, new customizations

CVIBl7mUsAAZQAS.png

I gotta say, I love that they managed to get that bubble-blowing-head-teddy-bear in. I wrote to Harada years ago, begging for him to include just such an item, and now my wish comes true.

I'm also ecstatic that they've chosen to give players the red blobby head thing

CVIBkWgVAAAfeJX.png

Like thank goodness.

And of course, our TTT2 generic hat representative:

CVIBj0AU8AAFqXF.png

Gosh, I don't think I've ever wanted this game more than I do now!

Jack-Black-Forces-A-Smile-In-Nacho-Libre-Gif.gif

sasuke_91

It looked like you were nervous. I think maybe you should have low parried or blocked more lows.

I didn't want to duck randomly, but I definitely should have blocked more lows. I wasn't nervous at the beginning, but definitely nervous enough in the last round when he started abusing the low and I knew I'd get demoted.

Also too, if you get some damage on the guy, I don't think you need to constantly be in his face. There were a few times where you were launched or hit just because you were going into a stance in his face or you were walking towards him.

Yeah, my spacing was horrible.

On that round where you died it look like you tried to tag crash but it didn't come out?

Exactly.

I'm not sure if it's just the ranked that's making you play a certain way or not.

It's the players I guess, but I'm not sure myself. If I knew what the problem is I could start working on it.
If I were to face him again I'd have probably won 3 straight rounds, but that doesn't matter in an environment where 1 win decides your rank.

I recorded a game with my phone just to show you what my problem in Ranked matches is:
Xiaoyu Demotion

That guy was a
No-Defender
No-punisher
Stander
Button pusher
Button masher
Somewhat stoned
Launcher crazy
Troll

But I still lost to him. Watching that match again I have no idea why I even played like this, but this is how my matches generally look like. It's no exception to the rule. In the third round I didn't even bother blocking anymore and I expected him to end the match with a 1+2 throw, but I wasn't able to break it on time.
In the second round I wanted to go into Hypnotist stance when he was lying on the ground but did a backdash instead and went into Hypnotist stance when he already stood up.
Another thing is that the stage confuses me because I can't see the walls. I ran into the wall twice...

Kinda looks like you just lack confidence in yourself, so you just kinda autopilot it.

He's didn't really duck, so lows and throws would have been useful here. It's strange because you did this in the first round, but kinda just abused launchers afterwards.

He also got a lot of CHs on you.

Granted, I would think Xiao has problems with getting in on Bigs since they have range, and she doesn't. Leo would have been a better starter I think.

GrayFoxPL

Xiaoyu Demotion

That guy was a
No-Defender
No-punisher
Stander
Button pusher
Button masher
Somewhat stoned
Launcher crazy
Troll

This guy wasn't a noob.
Not some super pro, but a re-ranker definitely. With jack he used a lot of db+1 mixups, db+1 into: df,df+2+4 catapult,/ff+1,/FC,db+1/ff+1+2/db+2 etc.
It's not a tactic noobs know about.
Notice he used exclusively mids versus Ling, even if you didn't use phoenix(?) he knew he'd whiff high moves if you did.
He used simple combos to not drop them, but decent enough damage.

He was definitely a stander, didn't use oki just waited for you to run into his launchers and you fell for it. But he always threw out df+2's at mid to close distance. If you put another character between your Ling and his Marduk/J6 that would be the best distance. He knew what's up.

You know how many lows you used on this guy? 2. ss+4 and ss+3(?) with Xiaoyu and you almost killed him with combo follow up. He hit you with 10 lows with Jack.

Always test opponent with lows.

sasuke_91

Kinda looks like you just lack confidence in yourself, so you just kinda autopilot it.

He's didn't really duck, so lows and throws would have been useful here. It's strange because you did this in the first round, but kinda just abused launchers afterwards.

He also got a lot of CHs on you.

Granted, I would think Xiao has problems with getting in on Bigs since they have range, and she doesn't. Leo would have been a better starter I think.

I'm not sure about the autopilot thing, but that could be.

Yeah, he really got a lot of CHs on me. Could be because I barely poked him and went for launchers instead.

I barely used Leo. I should have really started with him/her (whatever) instead of Xoaoyu. Thanks for the advice.

This guy wasn't a noob.
Not some super pro, but a re-ranker definitely. With jack he used a lot of db+1 mixups, db+1 into: df,df+2+4 catapult,/ff+1,/FC,db+1/ff+1+2/db+2 etc.
It's not a tactic noobs know about.
Notice he used exclusively mids versus Ling, even if you didn't use phoenix(?) he knew he'd whiff high moves if you did.
He used simple combos to not drop them, but decent enough damage.

He was definitely a stander, didn't use oki just waited for you to run into his launchers and you fell for it. But he always threw out df+2's at mid to close distance. If you put another character between your Ling and his Marduk/J6 that would be the best distance. He knew what's up.

You know how many lows you used on this guy? 2. ss+4 and ss+3(?) with Xiaoyu and you almost killed him with combo follow up. He hit you with 10 lows with Jack.

Always test opponent with lows.

He was no noob, but he was definitely trolling to some extent. He didn't punish any launchers until round 3 and tried to launch me on CH instead.
And he didn't block a lot of stuff because he was busy throwing out launchers :p

I don't know how he would have reacted if I hadn't fallen for his tricks, but it seems like he had no problems getting through the green ranks by playing like this.

And yeah, the thing with the lows and throws. Always have to remind myself that those exist :/

Sayah

Oh joy of joys, new customizations

CVIBl7mUsAAZQAS.png

I gotta say, I love that they managed to get that bubble-blowing-head-teddy-bear in. I wrote to Harada years ago, begging for him to include just such an item, and now my wish comes true.

I'm also ecstatic that they've chosen to give players the red blobby head thing

CVIBkWgVAAAfeJX.png

Like thank goodness.

And of course, our TTT2 generic hat representative:

CVIBj0AU8AAFqXF.png

Gosh, I don't think I've ever wanted this game more than I do now!

I am totally looooving these brand spankin NEW customizations.

It's like Namco just wants to spite me now.

AAK

One thing about that tournament I really liked is how you are allowed to change your character even if you win.

I always hated that rule where you HAVE to stick with your character if you win. It's such an arbitrary rule. You're battling to see who's the better Tekken player, and any character should be fair game.

Numb

Never cared what the character select rules were for winner and losers. Maybe just to give the loser the chance to counter pick or something

Numb

Indeed.
Just to drag it and not let the winner keep stomping on the loser like they already have.
Good thing you don't see many counter picks in Tekken compared to other fighters like SF where the matchup ratio is something crazy like 9-1 or worse lol

AAK

I liked this little sequence:

nN87Ctd.gif

Aside from the customizations making the game look as bad as KOF14, A display of grandma showing her youngling how it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom