• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomshine

I don't know if what Dragunov is doing in the trailer is a new move, new rage art or re-animated rage art, but I don't think I've seen it before.

GrayFoxPL

I don't know if what Dragunov is doing in the trailer is a new move, new rage art or re-animated rage art, but I don't think I've seen it before.

I was wondering about this myself. Crossed my mind it's new rageart because when he hits Ling she flies straight back but doesn't seem to get off the ground, like it's new super stun effect.

Another thing:

Let me quote myself:
oaQGrun.gif

9wiPCmV.gif

Big Gif

At first I thought shoryuken is just an armor move but I see Akuma glows yellow like with ex moves also on bottom gif with qcb+k he also glows yellow and the move has the same vacuum effect like qcb+k ex in Street Fighter games.

So are EX moves are in? Just for Akuma? If not how you'll do it for Tekken characters with 4 buttons? 5th one?

Maybe it's just a graphical effect?

Want dem ex deathfists and electrics. :p

I imagine it's with two punches or two kicks. That would fit with the SF roots.

Eliza in TR has a normal fireball with 2 and an "EX" unblockable one with 1+2.

GrayFoxPL

I imagine it's with two punches or two kicks. That would fit with the SF roots.

Eliza in TR has a normal fireball with 2 and an "EX" unblockable one with 1+2.

It's troublesome for Tekken characters.

eg. Paul's qcf+2, qcf+1, qcf+1+2 are all different moves.

For Akuma it probably doesn't matter.

Spuck-uk

Banned
DEATH™;188948747 said:
Sorry but, it is what it is. Just look at the T7 thread, they are asking for MIGUEL. Not that Miguel was a bad char, but he definitely wont be in on a 38 char roster especially with SF chars on it.

45+ or bust. In fact I'm being generous with this. Tekken = KOF now roster wise.

Also mark, make TTT2 port as a game mode for T7, kinda like T5 has T1, T2 and T3 on it.

Miguel is a far more interesting character than some of the other garbage people want like armor king and lee.

LOL at people upset by Akuma 'ruining the lore' of a punchman game.

AAK

Damn, that's a nice catch. Assuming it is a re-animated Rage-Art, then that would make it tied between GrayFox and Tera. After that I'll probably just look at who got the closest answer to the number of supers landed in Top 8. GrayFox's answer of 5 was closer than Tera's 3.

They also dialed up the sex appeal on Asuka from 0 to 100.

Personally feels like 60 -> 100 but yeah, the cleavage is overkill.... But it could have been worse (looks @ R. Mika).

AAK

LOL at people upset by Akuma 'ruining the lore' of a punchman game.

I'm not bothered by retcons. It's not the first time a retcon took place where they ended up bringing Kazuya back to life in Tekken 4... But why did it have to be retconned for the sake of generic Capcom shoto #14? Why couldn't the retcon have been a more unique character from Capcom? Wish it was Oro!

Spuck-uk

Banned
I'm not bothered by retcons. It's not the first time a retcon took place where they ended up bringing Kazuya back to life in Tekken 4... But why did it have to be retconned for the sake of generic Capcom shoto #14? Why couldn't the retcon have been a more unique character from Capcom? Wish it was Oro!

When that character generates more hype about the game than anything else we've seen for casual and non-Tekken players, I think you can safely say they've done the right thing.

Its not like he's dumber looking than Devil Jin

AAK

Its not like he's dumber looking than Devil Jin

His animations are 100x worse than Devil Jin.

EDIT: Just so people don't get too offended I'm speaking in hyperbole. I just really hate the way hurricane kicks look. It should not look so cartoony in a 3D game.

His animations are 100x worse than Devil Jin.

EDIT: Just so people don't get too offended I'm speaking in hyperbole. I just really hate the way hurricane kicks look. It should not look so cartoony in a 3D game.

more cartoony than kazumi throwing a magic teleporting tiger at ppl?

Pachimari

It's sick how this trailer made me go from no hype to "can't wait!" hyped. I love it, and thank you Harada! Here's to maining Josie and Law (he'll always be my #1).

AAK

I'm not talking about the concept of the hurricane kick, I'm talking about how it looks on screen. When it hits you see Heihachi teleporting back and forth between Akuma. Tekken's hit animations are beyond that 2D trope.

On the topic of the stupid tiger, I dislike the way it clips through Kazumi when she calls it for the run attack, I dislike the way it teleports in and out of the screen, and I also really don't like how it rolls around like sonic the hedgehog in some attacks. Overall the tiger is so underwhelmingly animated except for the uppercut. Even Kuma in SFxT had more visceral animations for an animal compared to the tiger. And it's a real shame because Kazumi is such a great design if she wasn't bogged down by the stupid tiger.

sasuke_91

I'm not talking about the concept of the hurricane kick, I'm talking about how it looks on screen. When it hits you see Heihachi teleporting back and forth between Akuma. Tekken's hit animations are beyond that 2D trope.

That looks weird to me as well.
I don't play Street Fighter, so I don't know anything about Akuma's character or movelist. Where does the negativity come from?

Tiger looks dumb and low poly
Can't wait to see updated one

Yeah I hope they fixed the clipping. We haven't seen much in the trailer and 3 days until we see the Location Test.

AAK

That looks weird to me as well.
I don't play Street Fighter, so I don't know anything about Akuma's character or movelist. Where does the negativity come from?

Comes from the fact that the main 3D fighters are supposed to have a much higher standard of animation compared to their 2D counterparts. So it's kind of disappointing when they're sharing the animations.

But overall in the grand scheme of things it's a non-issue compared to what was going in T7-vanilla. Even if they don't put much effort into animating Akuma it's alright because there's no future in the series for him. Would rather they focus on revamping the current Tekken cast anyways.

seaiMDK.png

Well, while we want for Tekken 7 FR I just wanted to remind everyone about Fingers To Fight Tekken Tag 2 weekly online tournaments. Fingers To Fight 27 Sign ups are live for those in North America - http://fingerstofight.challonge.com/f2f27 -. Free entry and $10 to the winner. Happening Thursday, December 17th at 7PM Eastern. Also, with a twist, a bounty has been issued for a player who has won so many of the tournaments. I feel it is going to be such a long wait for Tekken 7 that efforts need to be heightened more than ever to keep the torch lit with Tag 2. Akuma won't even matter to sell Tekken 7 if we leave that job to Harada. So, coming up on the one year anniversary of the weekly online tournaments I began, I really want to make an effort to keep Tag 2 alive until Tekken 7 finally drops.

DqND8NY.png

Dereck

Speaking of Princess Ling, he supposedly got bodied by Shadow 20z and he's out of the tournament.

Too bad it wasn't streamed.

sasuke_91

This made me laugh. We're confusing the hell out of each other haha.

I should also really change my avatar to Josie again.

I laughed at first, but then I got frustrated because this means that we're not going to see the game in 3 days... which means that a 2016 release for consoles is also getting a little less likely... :/

So when is Fated Retribution coming out guys, pull out your crystal balls.

My crystal ball is telling me the game is coming out January 2016.

Pachimari

I'm guessing March 14 2017 in North America and March 17 2017 in Europe.

[edit]
Oh shit, I meant the console version.

I'm guessing April 2016 for Fated Retribution.

sasuke_91

I'm guessing March-April 2016.

Wow, that's late.

I'm guessing March 14 2017 in North America and March 17 2017 in Europe.

[edit]
Oh shit, I meant the console version.

I'm guessing April 2016 for Fated Retribution.

So you assume the console version is coming out before the Arcade update? Never happened and I don't think they'll announce the release that late (4 months before releasing the game).
Edit: Whoops, that's 2017. Forget what I said. You guys are so pessimistic :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom