• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Wow, that's late.

So you assume the console version is coming out before the Arcade update? Never happened and I don't think they'll announce the release that late (4 months before releasing the game).
What? No. That's not what I'm saying. I'll list it:

- Fated Retribution: April 2016
- Tekken 7 (console): March 17 / 24 2017

Of course the Arcade version will be it before retail.

Dereck

FR Bryan Fury is the greatest thing to ever happen Tekken 7 thus far.

WcsIs6z.png

They completely flipped the script on this character. He went from a laughing joke to a character with personality and a coolness factor. He was already really cool, but he stopped being cool after Tekken 6.

It's not like the costume is completely random for his character either since it takes elements from Tekken Tag 1 and Tekken 4.

OaMRiZF.png

It's a combination of those two games with completely new stuff thrown in.

NwB7oMg.gif

d6MdrnW.jpg

Sayah

Well, looking at precedent.

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

Arcade Release: December 2005 (Japan)
PSP Release: July 2006
Gap: 7 months

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Arcade Release: December 2008
Console Release: October 2009
Gap: 10 months

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited
Arcade Release: March 2012
Console Release: September 2012
Gap: 6 months

I'll go with February/March 2016 for arcade release and October 2016 for console release. 2017 is literally unacceptable for me.

GrayFoxPL

I think that's his cyborg endoskeleton after his flesh fell off.

Bryanator.

Best outfit ever.

Congrats on winning the thingy Gray

Thanks!

I'm not a fan of him, but I think Akuma animates really well, better then in SF4. That double kick and jumpkick look really meaty. They did a really solid job in making him look powerful through animations.

I can only drool how good characters like Ken, Guile, Final Fight characters could look and move.

Not like we don't have unrealistic gravity defying animations with Bob's shoryuken or ff+4,4, Lars lightning screw or Fengs f+3,4, all of Alisa. etc. When T6 came they added tons of science fiction moves to the game going away from realistic martial arts.

sasuke_91

What? No. That's not what I'm saying. I'll list it:

- Fated Retribution: April 2016
- Tekken 7 (console): March 17 / 24 2017

Of course the Arcade version will be it before retail.

You didn't see my edit :p March 2017 would be very, very bad though...

The bandana looks pretty dumb. Though if it comes off and he has half a cyborg face under it that'd be sick.

I think the bandana is cool. Half cyborg face would be sick!

When I read "Story Implications" I assmued this would be one of Awpwilliams' videos^^

Pachimari

I never liked Akuma but is somewhat find with him being in Tekken. I'm still no fan of him. I'm more excited about some Street Fighter crossing over. I would be happy if we get 4 SF characters in all but I don't know who I would want.

Who would you guys want if 3 more Street Fighter characters were coming?

DEATH™

Yea I kinda expected it...

I like all of them... especially Xiaoyu's one. Lili's one is good as well but I still prefer her original.

So, that's what Namco had to to. Upgrade the graphics, add some new costumes, a guest character and Tekken isn't stale anymore, everyone's happy! Well, that was easy.

I like the new costumes, but the actual game is still the same as vanilla T7. The game nobody wanted because it's the same old shit.

Dereck

Any thoughts on that guys?

Yay or nay?

I mean if those are going to be the only costumes, it would kind of suck since it would have been better to have them as 2P or even 1P costumes and have the legacy costumes be the alternatives.

Pachimari

It's fine. At least we finally got new costumes. I won't complain if they replace the legacy ones. It's unfortunate but it's alright.

LowParry

Yay or nay?

I mean if those are going to be the only costumes, it would kind of suck since it would have been better to have them as 2P or even 1P costumes and have the legacy costumes be the alternatives.

I would say that new costumes we are seeing are the main outfits (according to Harada), while the older costumes are secondary. They're already in game so why get rid of them? And if they decide to make them a "classic pack" and sale them instead.............whatever.

AZUMIKE

Well, looking at precedent.

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

Arcade Release: December 2005 (Japan)
PSP Release: July 2006
Gap: 7 months

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Arcade Release: December 2008
Console Release: October 2009
Gap: 10 months

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited
Arcade Release: March 2012
Console Release: September 2012
Gap: 6 months

I'll go with February/March 2016 for arcade release and October 2016 for console release. 2017 is literally unacceptable for me.

Thanks for this, it's helpful to look at past precedent.

A fall 2016 console release seems reasonable.

Meter management in Tekken? No thank you Bandai Namco!

I'm meeting with Harada and Michael in a few days to talk about the future. Post some stuff and I'll relay what I can.

What kind of gameplay mechanic changes are in the works? Are Rage Arts still connected to Rage? How drastic will these changes be?

GrayFoxPL

Btw. I just noticed that in the trailer Kazumi ask Akuma to not only kill Heihachi but also Kazuya. It was so spaced out I didn't notice.

#KazumiBadWife

#KazumiBadMom

Kazuya will fuck everybody up in the end and go for a cig. End of Mishima saga.
Actually I bet everything on all Mishimas unite against Akuma. It just writes itself.

sasuke_91

Yay or nay?

I don't mind. We already know those costumes from T6 and TTT2, give us new ones. Even if that means the old ones will get replaced.
I really like Xiaoyu's and Bryan's new costumes, so I hope they'll do the same with Hwoarang and Steve.

By the way, my little brother started playing Bryan/Steve and what the fuck Bryan is such a hard character. People who are able to pull off a Taunt Jet Upper have my deepest respect. That shit is harder than a PEWGF.

Image isn't loading apparently? What did you want to show us?

PLing pulled some disrespectful shit there

Can't watch right now. What did he do?

Numb

All these deathfists

soo sick

@sasuke it was just spongebob bringing Akuma and hyping people

I'll be gone for a while. Gotta handle some stuff and will be back in a month or so.
Merry xmas tekken GAF and keep it tight!

Sayah

I think we deserve a celebration. All of our constant bitching paid off. :)

MarkMan gave us a special shout out on stream too.
anchorman.jpg

We got updated models, new defaults, and improved gritty new graphics. That's a large part of what this game needed.

It's really working towards that mature look now. A lot of people are complimenting Ling's new look especially. Somehow she looks more strong and confident than ever before.

LOL
RIP with the story speculation.

In any case, I've never been so excited for Tekken's story.

Yay or nay?

I am doubting they'll just ditch the old ones. They'll probably be available as 2P costume options.
But I won't mind if they are ditched.

Thanks for this, it's helpful to look at past precedent.

A fall 2016 console release seems reasonable.

No problemo.

sasuke_91

@sasuke it was just spongebob bringing Akuma and hyping people

I'll be gone for a while. Gotta handle some stuff and will be back in a month or so.
Merry xmas tekken GAF and keep it tight!

Lol okay.

Wait so you won't be posting for a month? Hope it's nothing serious, so take care!

I think we deserve a celebration. All of our constant bitching paid off. :)

MarkMan gave us a special shout out on stream too.
anchorman.jpg

We got updated models, new defaults, and improved gritty new graphics. That's a large part of what this game needed.

It's really working towards that mature look now. A lot of people are complimenting Ling's new look especially. Somehow she looks more strong and confident than ever before.

Do you have a link and time stamp for when that happened?^^

Yeah I'm really happy with what we got this weekend. Never expected the update to do so many things right to be honest. Game looks gorgeous and the new costumes and models are amazing and really fit the characters!

I'll gif it later.

Cool, thanks!

Doomshine

By the way, my little brother started playing Bryan/Steve and what the fuck Bryan is such a hard character. People who are able to pull off a Taunt Jet Upper have my deepest respect. That shit is harder than a PEWGF.

Dude, taunt jet upper is like the absolute last thing you should even try to learn with that character, I would even say that it's not required.

sasuke_91

Dude, taunt jet upper is like the absolute last thing you should even try to learn with that character, I would even say that it's not required.
Haha yeah you're right. I had to try it out though :p
Bryan is a very hard character though even when you ignore the Taunt stuff.

He has so many great moves though. b+1, 1+2, u/f+4, f,f+4, f,f+3 and so many more.

Sayah

Do you have a link and time stamp for when that happened?^^

Yeah I'm really happy with what we got this weekend. Never expected the update to do so many things right to be honest. Game looks gorgeous and the new costumes and models are amazing and really fit the characters!

It should be some time right after they showed the trailer.

I'm just glad the overwhelming amount of negativity in this thread (and in other forums/discussion areas) wasn't taken offensively but rather used constructively.

I know people (including myself even) can get rude sometimes when they're annoyed with a situation.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
Markman,
I forget to mention this, but I'd like to thank you, Harada and Michael Murray (as well as the rest of the Tekken team) for hearing us out. Despite our (sometimes) snarky attitudes when it comes to complaints.
Cheers. :)

At the very least, they should be pleased at the amount of "When's console?/When can i play this?" complaints. Shows people are hyped and interested.

When that kinda stuff stops is when you should be worried i'd think =3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom