• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruehl

Neo Member
After watching Rip's speculation video I'm now wondering if maybe power crush moves will be changed into a new mechanic where each character has a couple moves (instead of one power crush move like most have now) that they can enhance via the new mechanic to give them invincibility.

In the video it shows Akuma doing that spin around kick twice. Only one time he's glowing yellow when he does it. Someone on Twitter said maybe the glowing is just paying homage to EX moves from SF but with it being seen both glowing and not glowing that leads me to believe that there is a new mechanic, and possibly with a meter as Rip said. Power Crush moves were received poorly, right? So maybe they reworked them into this new similar 'metered' mechanic.

Or maybe the EX movies will just be unique to Akuma. I really don't think they would only give Akuma the new mechanic but I could be wrong. Not sure how I'd feel about having a meter in Tekken either way though. lol

\
Or maybe the EX movies will just be unique to Akuma. I really don't think they would only give Akuma the new mechanic but I could be wrong. Not sure how I'd feel about having a meter in Tekken either way though. lol

Which is why I think most of rips speculations are bunk. The SF stuff is unique to Akuma. Power Crushes will probably get improved.

Might try and play this again but man am I bad at tag combos

My best advice is to simply use the sample combos in the command list until you get the hang of the basic juggle system. Them slowly make your own combos once you get the hang of those, then slowly see how Tag combos work and try to mix them together.

lupinko

I like the new costumes, but the actual game is still the same as vanilla T7. The game nobody wanted because it's the same old shit.

I really don't understand this, they've made plenty of changes to 7 compared to Tag 2, and 7 is also more forgiving for both new players and returning players. It doesn't have the same high curve as Tag 2 or 6.

Pachimari

Updated the roster.

zUcX0Zw.png
DbzqJv9.png
xUY00zV.png
dhLogQB.png
415smJq.png
e9hmT3f.png
n2XW4Br.png
I2yQGpl.png
JIPXBb1.png

eRQdaZP.png
9aZkmtS.png
kajECUu.png
Y4rFjEH.png
Qt9BCpQ.png
BIkQH2k.png
UjeUVpX.png
kd2FyXQ.png
zq7CLxn.png

Nhqkmgn.png
hYAOykD.png
HHGkFMe.png
7wlSMB5.png
EYpdEfJ.png
yNy6jWY.png
Y1HehGc.png
eq3d0zM.png
IkaHIpK.png

YbTEdD9.png

• I hope they'll update the renders for the new default costumes.
  • 8 new characters is a new record for a Tekken title.
  • Akuma is the first "guest" appearance since Gon in Tekken 3.
  • If we end up with a roster of 34 characters, then we got 6 character reveals left.
  • Absences from the last mainline game: Anna, Armor King, Baek, Bob, Bruce, Christie, Marduk, Eddy, Ganryu, Julia, Kuma, Lee, Lei, Miguel, Mokujin, Nina, Raven, Roger Jr., Wang, Zafina.

Ruehl

Neo Member
If they keep the same character select layout and Akuma is placed in the question mark above Kazumi then there looks to be room for 6 more character slots for a total of 34 characters.

av2k

If they keep the same character select layout and Akuma is placed in the question mark above Kazumi then there looks to be room for 6 more character slots for a total of 34 characters.

Sweet, anyone care to guess who those 6 characters are?

1. Nina Williams
2. Lei Wulong
3. Ganryu or Bob
4. Jaycee/Julia
5. New Character (Raven if existing character)
6. New Character (Marduk if existing character)

I don't think anymore SF characters are coming until TxS

1. Nina Williams
2. Lei Wulong
3. Ganryu or Bob
4. Jaycee/Julia

I can go with your list but I'd prefer

1. Nina Williams
2. Lei Wulong
3. minor edit here with Kunimitsu
4. Jaycee/Julia
5. New Character
6. New Character

Pachimari

1. Nina Williams
2. Lei Wulong
3. Ganryu or Bob
4. Jaycee/Julia

We have gotten 8 new characters already, so I'm fine if we don't get anymore new ones. I would like to see:

1. Nina Williams
2. Lei Wulong
3. Lee Chaolan
4. Jaycee
5. Miguel
6. Zafina

Bakoery

I find it great that they are going with new standard outits. I am so hyped now but I feel like it is double work. Why go through all the hassle of modeling old outfits in the UR4 engine etc. Must be a long procedure I don't know the details but I feel like it was more efficient if they did this from the start. This would cost them less as well. What you guys think?

Can we start a campaign to have Feng Wei ascend to god hood? Also we need Tekken to tone down just a bit on the light hearted music, just a tiny bit.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So both Leo and Feng are both wearing weird arm chains. Thought that seemed an odd feature to share between designs. Think I like it better on Feng, so I'll probably change Leo's.

Would be nice if this update also happened to include more detailed (read: to the level that they achieved in Tekken 6) customization, so I could ditch the chain but keep the top, but... I'm not holding my breath.

Anna might as well be confirmed for Tekken 7 with the fact that her VA was at Global Finals.

Anna
Nina
Kuma
Lei
Capo
New Black character from Atlanta, revealed at Final Round
Julia

Is what I'm expecting.

Dereck

Man I really don't wanna beg for more costumes and shit since the new ones are so awesome, but I neeeed a new Kung Fu outfit for Law, that would be fire.

And even if we don't get it, it's OK.

Rajang

Hey guys, first post here. Didnt know there was a Tekken community thread here on GAF. I'm huge fan of the series (and of MGS), been playing the games since the first Tekken.

About the next characters that will be revealed, my guess is that Nina and Lei are 100% in. Nina has been in every Tekken game and they even made a spin off game about her, I really dont see them ignoring her. Lei has also been in every Tekken as well since he was first introduced in Tekken 2.

1. Nina
2. Lei

And the characters I want:

3. Bruce Irvin (my main)
fuck Josie :<
4. Lee Chaolan
5. If there is a capo let it be Eddy Gordo, he is far more iconic than Christie and just a way cooler looking character

If Bruce isn't in the game I will be maining Akuma. He is my favorite character from SF and just one of the sickest looking characters in any fighting game imo, I love his design.

Pachimari

I should change my avatar to Josie Rizal again but I would want the new Tekken 7 logo added. Wasn't there a thread on here where one could request help for photoshop images and avatars?

GrayFoxPL

Hey guys, first post here. Didnt know there was a Tekken community thread here on GAF. I'm huge fan of the series (and of MGS), been playing the games since the first Tekken.

About the next characters that will be revealed, my guess is that Nina and Lei are 100% in. Nina has been in every Tekken game and they even made a spin off game about her, I really dont see them ignoring her. Lei has also been in every Tekken as well since he was first introduced in Tekken 2.

1. Nina
2. Lei

And the characters I want:

3. Bruce Irvin (my main)
fuck Josie :<
4. Lee Chaolan
5. If there is a capo let it be Eddy Gordo, he is far more iconic than Christie and just a way cooler looking character

If Bruce isn't in the game I will be maining Akuma. He is my favorite character from SF and just one of the sickest looking characters in any fighting game imo, I love his design.

Hey. Welcome to our Den.

We all want Lei in T7 but there's a problem. Did you notice that every character with super low stance is not in T7? No, Zafina, Capo, Lei etc.
The new oki, get up and bound system is probably the reason. In T6 and Tag big part fighting these low stance characters was putting them in floats or using raw bound moves on them. You can't do that in T7 and new safer get up system would make Lei very safe and annoying.

There's chance New T7:FR will have modified oki "physics" to allow meaningful punishing of low stance characters or maybe they'll heavily modify Lei to work with T7 system.

But right now:
BJAtF0m.gif

Nina will be in 100%

We all want Lei in T7 but there's a problem. Did you notice that every character with super low stance is not in T7? No, Zafina, Capo, Lei etc.
The new oki, get up and bound system is probably the reason. In T6 and Tag big part fighting these low stance characters was putting them in floats or using raw bound moves on them. You can't do that in T7 and new safer get up system would make Lei very safe and annoying.

There's chance New T7:FR will have modified oki "physics" to allow meaningful punishing of low stance characters or maybe they'll heavily modify Lei to work with T7 system.

I think you're reaching mad hard here, especially since Oki is strong enough to deal with low stance characters already. Like I'm honestly wondering how you came up with this.....

GrayFoxPL

I think you're reaching mad hard here, especially since Oki is strong enough to deal with low stance characters already. Like I'm honestly wondering how you came up with this.....

Because I see the pushback and safe tech after one poke of grounded characters. Characters like Lei or Eddy would be ridiculous. Only walls could hurt them since new techs seem to work worse the old ones near walls.

You think exchanging capos to lucky chloe is some kind of accident?

It's logical.

sasuke_91

1. Nina
2. Anna
3. Lee Chaolan
4. Kunimitsu (wasn't there some speculation about her being in the game? She's more likely than Raven given that she's white)
5. Mokujin
I'll let the 6th slot open for surprises. Maybe another SF character? I don't think we'll get any brand new characters though.

I lol'd as well.
But yeah, that decision was definitely worth something.

Ling Xiaoyu is the QUEEN now I tell ya!

Her and Bryan got the best outfits in the game. In my opinion her outfit is even better than her T4 outfit (come at me if anyone has a different opinion!).

Hi there :)
We actually have quite a few very active (and decent) players in this community.

GrayFoxPL

We need black jujitsu pencak silat dude.

Instead we'll get an androgynous Elf shooting music notes from his magical harp.

1. Nina
2. Anna
3. Lee Chaolan
4. Kunimitsu (wasn't there some speculation about her being in the game? She's more likely than Raven given that she's white)
5. Mokujin
I'll let the 6th slot open for surprises. Maybe another SF character? I don't think we'll get any brand new characters though.

LEJKrTf.gif

I like the top on Xiaoyu's new outfit, but the long dress is going to be a needle in my eye as I see it magically clip through everything. Overall I like it, but I still hope that these new outfits are not going to totally replace the Tekken 7 defaults. I personally was happy with the old outfits, I didn't know I had to voice my opinion in keeping what was there.

As far as the remaining characters, I am hoping for Eliza to make it in. Lei Wulong I hope gets completely redone if not replaced with a true Jackie Chan. I watch the Lei Wulong Ending in TTT2 with sadness because he looks a 100x more fun to play in that ending than he does in game.

GrayFoxPL

I like the top on Xiaoyu's new outfit, but the long dress is going to be a needle in my eye as I see it magically clip through everything. Overall I like it, but I still hope that these new outfits are not going to totally replace the Tekken 7 defaults. I personally was happy with the old outfits, I didn't know I had to voice my opinion in keeping what was there.

As far as the remaining characters, I am hoping for Eliza to make it in. Lei Wulong I hope gets completely redone if not replaced with a true Jackie Chan. I watch the Lei Wulong Ending in TTT2 with sadness because he looks a 100x more fun to play in that ending than he does in game.

Jackie Chan, Van Damme, Bruce Lee, Dolph Lundgren, Jet Li and Donnie Yen guest characters. I'd implode. Shame licences cost but the game would probably sell billion copies.

Ok enough with the dreams.

Harada's Twitter:
Console = Always latest version. Title will change or not...not sure right now.

Nooo, stay with the subtitle!

Enough with the Tekken 6 = Tekken 6: BR /= Tekken 6

New figure incoming.

GmN5vGM.jpg

I know some of You want it.
For shame, for shame!

I need single Heihachi art from this:
OatI6An.jpg

He looks so badass it hurts!

Dereck

I think that the revision of Lei's appearance should maybe reflect how he looked in Tekken 2. If he once had shorter hair, why not cut it or something in Tekken 7? And then give him his undercover cop uniform back.

lei-coolout.jpg

drunken_master.jpg

GrayFoxPL

Oh fuck! Gray you're my man! Gotta save up for that Lucky Chloe figure. Now I just need them to announce one of Josie!

Heihachi figure would've been way...ugh...cuter!

Heihachi always gets the shaft. :(

I think that the revision of Lei's appearance should maybe reflect how he looked in Tekken 2. If he once had shorter hair, why not cut it or something in Tekken 7? And then give him his undercover cop uniform back.

lei-coolout.jpg

drunken_master.jpg

You know what's up!

But he was so obvious 70's Jackie Chan even with the simple Tekken 2 graphics. Now they'd get sued for sure, haha.

I liked his transformation in Tekken 3 tough. Nice long hair added and viola no more Jackie Chan, lol.

I don't like his model and face in Tag2 at all, he looks like an asshole.

I remember reading an interview with Tekken team in a mag sometime when Tekken 3 PSX was released. Interviewer straight up asked them: "Lei is Jackie Chan and Law is Bruce Lee, right?" They shouted: "No! No!" and everybody laughed. LoL.

They were afraid of being sued even then. I really wonder how they managed not be all these years :D.

Dereck

Lei is like Paul at this point, so much potential in appearance evolution but nothing is being done (yet).

And Marshall Law is the best not-Bruce Lee, Bruce Lee thing in fiction ever.

GrayFoxPL

Lei is like Paul at this point, so much potential in appearance evolution but nothing is being done (yet).

And Marshall Law is the best not-Bruce Lee, Bruce Lee thing in fiction ever.

Got that right.

When Tekken first came out where I live ppl weren't talking about Kazuya, Mishimas etc. Everybody thought Law and Paul were the main characters.

They ended up as clowns. Lei is not far behind.

Tekken team, please don't ridicule those guys in FR. Pretty please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom