• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Got that right.

When Tekken first came out where I live ppl weren't talking about Kazuya, Mishimas etc. Everybody thought Law and Paul were the main characters.

They ended up as clowns. Lei is not far behind.

Tekken team, please don't ridicule those guys in FR. Pretty please.
God damn, that's what I thought!

I mean aren't they?, or, they used to be, if you were to X out the Mishimas completely, Law and Paul seemed like main characters pre-Tekken 3.

Not to mention this

I7RNv2A.gif

GrayFoxPL

God damn, that's what I thought!

I mean aren't they?, or, they used to be, if you were to X out the Mishimas completely, Law and Paul seemed like main characters pre-Tekken 6.

Not to mention this

I7RNv2A.gif

Kinda, just not taken seriously somewhere after T3.

Urban Reign is the shit! Everybody needs to play it!

Paul, Law were plastered all over Tekken arcade cabinet.

Pv4iJmB.png

Later someone said "Fuck those gaijins. Make one retarded and another a clown parody of Bruce Lee."

GrayFoxPL

That's fucked up.

Let's wait and see how good or bad their new costumes will be in FR. Could be badass, could be incredibly dumb, depends how Tekken designers treat their(Paul&Law) fans.

I'm assuming everyone (minus Hei?) get's a new one. Lars and Kaz technically got them early and in FR the rest follows. (I hope).

AAK

I like the top on Xiaoyu's new outfit, but the long dress is going to be a needle in my eye as I see it magically clip through everything. Overall I like it, but I still hope that these new outfits are not going to totally replace the Tekken 7 defaults. I personally was happy with the old outfits, I didn't know I had to voice my opinion in keeping what was there.

Hope you're ready to replace that needle with a rawhide mallet once your eyes will have to witness the incessant clipping once people start shoving balloon strings up her ass with tonfa's protroding out of her arms!

But real talk, Ling Xiaoyu's new outfit is like.. the best outfit of any character of any fighting game like ever.

sasuke_91

When Tekken first came out where I live ppl weren't talking about Kazuya, Mishimas etc. Everybody thought Law and Paul were the main characters.

Back in the T3 days it was "the game with Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan in it" and that was brillant! Back then Eddy Gordo and Hwoarang were also amazing to look at jumping around and doing cool moves.

I also want a cool Law and Paul back. But the way Paul is being presented as a clown with those Idolmaster outfits I don't really have any hope left...

Leo as a guest character in Kingdom Hearts 3 confirmed. Or they'll just replace Ven with her. He's been asleep for so long, nobody will notice.

But real talk, Ling Xiaoyu's new outfit is like.. the best outfit of any character of any fighting game like ever.

My man! I'm still amazed at how her appearance has changed and how that outfit suits her more mature and confident look. Harada definitely performed some magic on her.
Wanna main her in Tekken 7? :D

AAK

While Ling Xiaoyu's outfit is just perfection, Bryan's opening was what made me say wow. Throwing that I-beam at the camera? That's someone I gotta start playing now!

Sayah

Hey guys, first post here. Didnt know there was a Tekken community thread here on GAF. I'm huge fan of the series (and of MGS), been playing the games since the first Tekken.

About the next characters that will be revealed, my guess is that Nina and Lei are 100% in. Nina has been in every Tekken game and they even made a spin off game about her, I really dont see them ignoring her. Lei has also been in every Tekken as well since he was first introduced in Tekken 2.

1. Nina
2. Lei

And the characters I want:

3. Bruce Irvin (my main)
fuck Josie :<
4. Lee Chaolan
5. If there is a capo let it be Eddy Gordo, he is far more iconic than Christie and just a way cooler looking character

If Bruce isn't in the game I will be maining Akuma. He is my favorite character from SF and just one of the sickest looking characters in any fighting game imo, I love his design.

Welcome.

Anna might as well be confirmed for Tekken 7 with the fact that her VA was at Global Finals.

Wait, really?
Oh wow!!!!!

If Anna and Nina both make it into this game, I'm gonna be very ecstatic.

Ling Xiaoyu is the QUEEN now I tell ya!
Ummm...Nina has always been the queen.

This is a well-established, known fact. :)

I find it great that they are going with new standard outits. I am so hyped now but I feel like it is double work. Why go through all the hassle of modeling old outfits in the UR4 engine etc. Must be a long procedure I don't know the details but I feel like it was more efficient if they did this from the start. This would cost them less as well. What you guys think?

Originally, the plan was to keep an "iconic" look for every character.

Harada was open to changing his opinion after a lot of people complained they had were tired of seeing the characters in the same costumes for a decade.

1. Miguel
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan
6. Dylan

Dylan?

Akuma was impressive....
But I think more people were impressed by the graphics update and the changes to the character defaults/models.

Xiaoyu especially is the character getting the most praise right now. Even more than Akuma.

Sayah

New figure incoming.

GmN5vGM.jpg

I know some of You want it.
For shame, for shame!

giphy.gif

seaiMDK.png

Well, while we want for Tekken 7 FR I just wanted to remind everyone about Fingers To Fight Tekken Tag 2 weekly online tournaments. Fingers To Fight 27 Sign ups are live for those in North America - http://fingerstofight.challonge.com/f2f27 -. Free entry and $10 to the winner. Happening Thursday, December 17th at 7PM Eastern. Also, with a twist, a bounty has been issued for a player who has won so many of the tournaments. I feel it is going to be such a long wait for Tekken 7 that efforts need to be heightened more than ever to keep the torch lit with Tag 2. Akuma won't even matter to sell Tekken 7 if we leave that job to Harada. So, coming up on the one year anniversary of the weekly online tournaments I began, I really want to make an effort to keep Tag 2 alive until Tekken 7 finally drops.

DqND8NY.png

Wow 9P.
You've spent $520 supporting TTT2 online weeklies.

Thanks for all your efforts.

I also want a cool Law and Paul back. But the way Paul is being presented as a clown with those Idolmaster outfits I don't really have any hope left.

We need a CG prologue like this one.

After several of Law's former students get recruited and later killed by the Mishima Zaibatsu, Law with the help of Paul have decided they will take to the streets to fight all contenders to try and stop the destruction that endangers their lives once and for all. I can see Law reading a news paper at Marshall China when he drops his chop sticks when he stumbles upon the obituaries. He then has to explain to Paul which student it was. They have a small flash back scene and they share a moment.

Something simple, coherent and sensible.

Sayah

Leo's costume isn't that bad.

She doesn't look anymore final fantasy than she already did before. And the original one also had chest belts.

leo-desk3.jpg

Leo's costume isn't that bad.

She doesn't look anymore final fantasy than she already did before. And the original one also had chest belts.

Something about black belts with the black top isn't so pronounced. I don't hate the redesign, it just doesn't look all that great compared to the others.

Nuszka

I'm back!!! The past year I was playing less and less Tekken - been with the series since t1. It's my go to game, but since Destiny grabbed me in its grindy paws I was out. I would play from time to time, unfortunately all my gaming time was committed to bungies title.
I knew I would be back for release of T7 and would be fully committed to it. Something changed thou on Saturday morning , that long forgotten spark has been rekindled. Today I made a unexpected decision that made some people unhappy - I deleted all my destiny characters. Tekken is all that matters to me. If anyone wants to add me on psn Nuszka , I live in Northern Ireland,would consider myself as an experienced older tekken player, available usually evenings after work. Would gladly want to get a beating from fellow tk players pls :)

Sayah

I'm back!!! The past year I was playing less and less Tekken - been with the series since t1. It's my go to game, but since Destiny grabbed me in its grindy paws I was out. I would play from time to time, unfortunately all my gaming time was committed to bungies title.
I knew I would be back for release of T7 and would be fully committed to it. Something changed thou on Saturday morning , that long forgotten spark has been rekindled. Today I made a unexpected decision that made some people unhappy - I deleted all my destiny characters. Tekken is all that matters to me. If anyone wants to add me on psn Nuszka , I live in Northern Ireland,would consider myself as an experienced older tekken player, available usually evenings after work. Would gladly want to get a beating from fellow tk players pls :)

Cool. I don't play TTT2 as much anymore but I'll add you when i get online again (if I remember to, lol).

LowParry

I dunno. Ling is looking hot but I certainly like the changes with Asuka and Lili as well. I'm really really curious if we get say Christie or Nina/Anna. Will we see the rid of the bulky shoulders and see some sexy curves this time?

Playing Tag 2 with some local Tekken vets...man so bad. I do a move and can start a juggle and I just sit there 'So uh, what do I do here again?'

It'll come back to me in time!

Sayah - Not quite $520 because I was unable to run it some weeks. However, not half bad I'd say without any donations (just basically like AO, flipping burgers to support the community). It gets me down to not even be a blimp on the FGC radar after a year of hard work, but I can only get closer.

ZeroTheShadow - Sign up for a Fingers To Fight Online Tournament and look for you chance to be matched up with PLing. I think many bounty hunters are anxiously waiting for PLing to officially sign up for this week's tournament. If the bounty has scared him off, though, I'll think of something, haha.

DEATH™

Sayah - Not quite $520 because I was unable to run it some weeks. However, not half bad I'd say without any donations (just basically like AO, flipping burgers to support the community). It gets me down to not even be a blimp on the FGC radar after a year of hard work, but I can only get closer.

ZeroTheShadow - Sign up for a Fingers To Fight Online Tournament and look for you chance to be matched up with PLing. I think many bounty hunters are anxiously waiting for PLing to officially sign up for this week's tournament. If the bounty has scared him off, though, I'll think of something, haha.

No worries, I'll do my best to make sure he plays lol.

First of all I thought it was a joke lol, second I was thinking specifically about Tekken 7, 3rd that tournament is usually on Thursdays which I almost alway work :( and fourth I don't have that kind of confidence against his Lei only Ling.

Bitch mode activated lol

Fifth I'll still try to enter the tournament BOOM!

LowParry

The aftereffects for the Tekken 7 trailer are ripping through the interwebs. The series is finally getting some more consistent fan-art again!

I'm really surprised with all this Ling love going on. Hope we get to see some more new defaults that get this kind of attention.

People are going to be extremely happy with Fated Retribution.

Mark WTF do I have to do to my stick so I can use it on the Tekken 7 hardware at events? I talked with a couple of MCZ guys and they said they had to do some special rewiring of the sticks to make them work. Sanwa really isn't my jam if you know what I mean. I want to play on K-stick.

Sayah

People are going to be extremely happy with Fated Retribution.

I really hope they at least confirm a 2016 release date.
And hopefully give this game some presence beyond small-time fighting game tournament events.

Tekken 7: FR needs to be on a stage like E3.

I'm really surprised with all this Ling love going on. Hope we get to see some more new alts that get this kind of attention.

Well, Xiaoyu in FR is the best she has ever looked in the series....ever......EVER. Not even her Tekken 4 appearance matches up to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom