• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEATH™

Mark WTF do I have to do to my stick so I can use it on the Tekken 7 hardware at events? I talked with a couple of MCZ guys and they said they had to do some special rewiring of the sticks to make them work. Sanwa really isn't my jam if you know what I mean. I want to play on K-stick.

Second this. I brought my K Stick at NCR and can't use it there. Many of us did.

LowParry

Well, Xiaoyu in FR is the best she has ever looked in the series....ever......EVER. Not even her Tekken 4 appearance matches up to this.

Ehhhh, I don't know. I've always been a fan of her Tekken 4 costumes. Not to mention her summer dress. She was more mature then she sort of...un-matured. Ugh those vanilla T7 shots of her though. But for FR, yeah it's way up there. I'd like to see it in motion though. I really like what they did with Lili. Wonder what they'll have done to Alisa. More robotic maybe?

Rajang

While Ling Xiaoyu's outfit is just perfection, Bryan's opening was what made me say wow. Throwing that I-beam at the camera? That's someone I gotta start playing now!

lol, I have this with Dragunov now.

I was never really a fan of his design (love his moves tho) but he looks so sick now:

tKeNZWq.png

Reminds me a little of Big Boss in Peace Walker:

MGSPWHeader3.jpg

Asuka's redesigned is the best. Her outfit never made any fucking sense and now she has something that looks like a human being would wear. Also she needs breast reduction. Her backs has got to be killing her.

AAK

Mark WTF do I have to do to my stick so I can use it on the Tekken 7 hardware at events? I talked with a couple of MCZ guys and they said they had to do some special rewiring of the sticks to make them work. Sanwa really isn't my jam if you know what I mean. I want to play on K-stick.

DEATH™;189273524 said:
Second this. I brought my K Stick at NCR and can't use it there. Many of us did.

There's a very simple and priceless solution for this arcade stick functionality on Tekken 7:

22_skullgirlsps3ps4.jpg

I know it's a conflict of interest to ask MarkMan to relay this to the Tekken team, but if MMurray is lurking here... this would be a GodSend.

I really can't afford a new arcade stick for probably the next couple years and I'm moving to pad until then. And now that PS4 can de-sync previously connected controllers they shouldn't be that much more of an issue anymore for tournaments either.

It really is the new lightning screw

https://vine.co/v/iZ21ZIPEQP3

...Yuck.

Also, live reactions of the trailer found by Wonkey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrXJBb1RdBU&feature=youtu.be&t=4m34s

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

We'll work on something. If you really want PS4 compatibility, you'll need to have a PS4 licensed PCB.

There's a very simple solution for this arcade stick functionality on Tekken 7:

22_skullgirlsps3ps4.jpg

I know it's a conflict of interest to ask MarkMan to relay this to the Tekken team, but if MMurray is lurking here... this would be a GodSend.

What you're asking for has nothing to do with what the others are asking for (arcade hardware). The arcade board is not a PS4. But I get what you're saying.

Im honestly surprised by all the Ling love myself. I know she was a popular character but damn lol.

I'm already seeing fan art of the characters in their new costumes pop up online. It's really that easy to build interest and make a new game & characters look fresh. Cosplay of the new defaults is probably already happening.

Can't wait to see what they do with the rest of the roster.

We'll work on something. If you really want PS4 compatibility, you'll need to have a PS4 licensed PCB.

I bought a PS360+ which is suppose to work on PS4 and put it in one of the old wooden korean sticks but I couldn't get it to work on the boards. Thanks for trying to work something out for us.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I bought a PS360+ which is suppose to work on PS4 and put it in one of the old wooden korean sticks but I couldn't get it to work on the boards. Thanks for trying to work something out for us.

That won't work. It needs to be an official PS4 PCB. The PS360+ is not.

MikeMyers

Asuka's redesigned is the best. Her outfit never made any fucking sense and now she has something that looks like a human being would wear. Also she needs breast reduction. Her backs has got to be killing her.

Ha, I thought I was the only one that noticed her breasts are fucking massive.

lupinko

The only SF character I'd be pleasantly surprised with is Hakkan...There are so many ideas to utilize Oil Wrestling for a Tekken character!

Nah, Sagat will replace both Bruce and Josie!

Or sign the Brad Show from Sega, it's not like he's doing anything right now.

Pachimari

What makes me most afraid is that Josie is based on an already existing character in Bruce, which will probably make her easily replacable in future Tekken titles, especially if there's a big outcry that Bruce is missing.

AZUMIKE

What kind of new system adjustments is everyone expecting in T7: FR?

Example questions:

1) Will the Rage Art/Power Crush system be the same as vanilla T7, or will it be tweaked? If so, how?

2) How will Akuma's EX moves be handled? Will they be just-frames? Meter-based?

sasuke_91

I'm back!!! The past year I was playing less and less Tekken - been with the series since t1. It's my go to game, but since Destiny grabbed me in its grindy paws I was out. I would play from time to time, unfortunately all my gaming time was committed to bungies title.
I knew I would be back for release of T7 and would be fully committed to it. Something changed thou on Saturday morning , that long forgotten spark has been rekindled. Today I made a unexpected decision that made some people unhappy - I deleted all my destiny characters. Tekken is all that matters to me. If anyone wants to add me on psn Nuszka , I live in Northern Ireland,would consider myself as an experienced older tekken player, available usually evenings after work. Would gladly want to get a beating from fellow tk players pls :)

I live in Germany, so we should get a decent connection. I'll add you.

WTF Grayfox got banned again?

Well hopefully not for half a year this time.

The aftereffects for the Tekken 7 trailer are ripping through the interwebs. The series is finally getting some more consistent fan-art again!

I guess everyone understands now why costumes are so important and that an "iconic" look is actually equal to boring.
And Akuma is not the only reason the T7 thread in Gaming has reached more than 1.100 replies.

People are going to be extremely happy with Fated Retribution.

We would be even happier with a console release :p
But yeah, Fated Retribution is what this game needed.

Yeah this + her cleavage. I don't know where they want to go with her :p

Until they play her and learn she's not the easiest character to learn.

Xiaoyu is fun to play even on a beginner level.

Shun

repost from fgc topic.

I always wonder this for players who use controller

Can even you sutesute or yamasute on a controller in Tekken easier?

I've always had stick so no idea if it is difficult or possible to do on controller. It seems like you would murder thumbs doing it.

Also I am thinking of making an extra stick for project, can I murder dual shock 4 and use that to wire to stick? Or would it have to be actual pad not controller.

sasuke_91

sutesute and yamasute not sure what this is in english

Sutesute is wavedash. Can't do that consistently, but it's easier for me on a DS4 pad.
Yamasute is Korean backdash (KBD). That one's easier for me. I do the b,b,db motion though (bdc).

Playing Mishimas for a longer time definitely hurts, but backdashing is not too hard on my thumbs.

Shun

I was just wondering if controller players are able to do it consistently on controller because when I think about it I imagine thumbs in pain.

curious because some people say controller is a little easier.

Other than that just question about if I can make arcade stick with a dual shock 4 or if you need a specific controller for it. I already have a stick just an extra project on the side if it is worth it... if not end up just buying another.

Yo, not happy. My PS360+ modified K-stick randomly doesn't register 1+2 inputs. Dunno if it was shitty mod job(payed some guy to do it cause I was lazy), a button, or just the board is ass.

Edit: Does it with 3+4 too. Super pissed. Going to change the buttons if not I'm going to ask for a new board.

Edit: Just tested with my old MCZ round 2 stick. Did 50 straight 1+2s in a row(input display only) switched back to PS360+ stick got 5 in before in dropped an input. People can talk shit about MCZ all they want but I've never had problems like this with any stick I bought from them.

sasuke_91

I was just wondering if controller players are able to do it consistently on controller because when I think about it I imagine thumbs in pain.

curious because some people say controller is a little easier.

Can't tell you if it's harder or easier, because I've never played stick. It's definitely doable though. Harry Potter for example is a European player that is pretty well known for his wavedash and execution. He's also a pad player.

Can't help you with you other question.

Bakoery

Sutesute is wavedash. Can't do that consistently, but it's easier for me on a DS4 pad.
Yamasute is Korean backdash (KBD). That one's easier for me. I do the b,b,db motion though (bdc).

Playing Mishimas for a longer time definitely hurts, but backdashing is not too hard on my thumbs.

Well P1 is easier for me to do KBD. P2 is just a whole new world.

My FT5 with Boutdown

It has commentary but not a play by play. Its a video series where I analyze myself and get myself re-acclimated with Fighting Game in general since I stopped playing seriously around March.

Any critiques and such are welcomed :). And sorry for the shit quality lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom