• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

I like Bandai Namco. They're doing a much, much better job at trying to keep their fans happy. T7: FR was a clear answer to that end.

You could be Konami and fire Kojima to ruin a Silent Hill project a lot of fans had their hopes and dreams attached to.

You could be Capcom and have completely inept business practices. Too many to list.

You could be Sega and make the next atrocious Sonic game. Or ruin series like Valkyria Chronicles to the ground. Or have an official funeral service for the Virtua Fighter series.

Or you could be Square Enix and make your fans wait for FFXV way, way longer than any Tekken fan has ever waited for a Tekken game. Or go a whole generation without releasing Kingdom Hearts 3 focusing instead on handheld spinoffs.

Ban Nam has done a pretty damn good job at keeping their profits up while other third parties have deteriorated substantially. To the point where they're publishing/supporting some stellar games like the Souls series, Ni No Kuni, Project CARS, and others on top of having their own excellent lineup.

I don't think I can ever forgive Namco for celebrating their 25th anniversary of the Tekken franchise with a freaking LC trailer.

It's the 20th anniversary. >_>

Numb

Issue is arcade for the console user(us) still. it is there beyond our reach. Even now the release is fuzzy. Can't even say it will be this year and feel like it won't be the next.

And they also have TxSF talking about long sitting ones. Half a decade ain't short.

Dereck

Or you could be Square Enix and make your fans wait for FFXV way, way longer than any Tekken fan has ever waited for a Tekken game. Or go a whole generation without releasing Kingdom Hearts 3 focusing instead on handheld spinoffs.
These dudes straight up said, "on this day we're gonna tell you what day our game is coming out".

pachah1.png

Sayah

These dudes straight up said, "on this day we're gonna tell you what day our game is coming out".

pachah1.png

lmao

Issue is arcade for the console user(us) still. it is there beyond our reach. Even now the release is fuzzy. Can't even say it will be this year and feel like it won't be the next.

And they also have TxSF talking about long sitting ones. Half a decade ain't short.

At least we got TTT2 and have Tekken 7 to look forward to while we wait for TKXSF. And the Akuma addition is definitely hinting towards what we can expect from TKXSF.

All I'm saying is, Namco has done a good job imo. I'm sure they already make cash loads from anime games (Naruto, Dragon Ball, One Piece, etc.), have the most successful arcade titles (Gundam, Tekken, Idolmaster), and still have managed to keep JRPG series like the Tales games vibrant and profitable despite the severe decline in the genre.

I would be completely disheartened right now if I was a fan of some key IPs that Capcom, Square Enix, Konami, or Sega have. But it's a good thing I'm not that invested into most of their games, aside from Kingdom Hearts, Valkyria Chronicles, and Resident Evil. Just looking at what has happened to Mega Man, for instance, makes me very sad and I'm not even a fan of the franchise.

The only thing I wish from Namco is for their fighting game development team to seriously consider things like presentation and character design, personality, and playstyles. Their female roster in particular. It's flabbergasting how we have all of these outlandish teenage personalities while characters like Christie, Julia, Zafina, Kunimitsu, Jun, and Williams most importantly are getting shafted. Crying wimps and cat-obsessed pop idols are not what we need as new characters.

I can't complain about Namco anymore at this point. Can't care enough to complain, I'll be here when T7 is out.

Btw, Happy New Year Tekken fam.

Numb

lmao

At least we got TTT2 and have Tekken 7 to look forward to while we wait for TKXSF. And the Akuma addition is definitely hinting towards what we can expect from TKXSF.

All I'm saying is, Namco has done a good job imo. I'm sure they already make cash loads from anime games (Naruto, Dragon Ball, One Piece, etc.), have the most successful arcade titles (Gundam, Tekken, Idolmaster), and still have managed to keep JRPG series like the Tales games vibrant and profitable despite the severe decline in the genre.

I would be completely disheartened right now if I was a fan of some key IPs that Capcom, Square Enix, Konami, or Sega have. But it's a good thing I'm not that invested into most of their games, aside from Kingdom Hearts, Valkyria Chronicles, and Resident Evil. Just looking at what has happened to Mega Man, for instance, makes me very sad and I'm not even a fan of the franchise.

The only thing I wish from Namco is for their fighting game development team to seriously consider character design, personality, and playstyles. Their female roster in particular. It's flabbergasting how we have all of these outlandish teenage personalities while characters like Christie, Julia, Zafina, Kunimitsu, Jun, and Williams most importantly are getting shafted. Crying wimps and cat-obsessed pop idols are not what we need as new characters.
You got a point. I am glad they are doing good overall but those things don't interest me. I like their fighters more than other companies and would like to see them out soon.
They got their hands in alot of pots so you can't avoid their other games they are involved in any capacity tho. Sad that fighters are so arcade focused that we are left in this position

Sayah

Is all of Tekken GAF getting 7 on PS4 or....?

PS4 - yes.
I will also support PC if it releases there.

You got a point. I am glad they are doing good overall but those things don't interest me. I like their fighters more than other companies and would like to see them out soon.
They got their hands in alot of pots so you can't avoid their other games they are involved in any capacity tho. Sad that fighters are so arcade focused that we are left in this position

That is another annoying aspect I guess.

They've got all this other Project Treasure/Summer Lesson/etc. stuff going on that I don't really care for.

Numb

PS4
Both if possible
PS4 - yes.
I will also support PC if it releases there.

That is another annoying aspect I guess.

They've got all this other Project Treasure/Summer Lesson/etc. stuff going on that I don't really care for.
That's Team Tekken still.
Thought everyone forgot about that Wii U free to play thing he announced lol

I understand, yeah the Tekken Project does do a good job with Tekken compared to much of the industry. As a bit of gallows humor while we wait, I am curious how other popular series' fans would react if small islands were given access to their games years before them. The outrage from Call Of Duty fans would be hilarious to downright scary.

I intend to get and play Tekken 7 the most on PC. I ain't sitting around for the terrible load times they are dealing with in arcades. Also, for all we know Tekken 7 will be like Tekken 6 and will have to be graphically nerfed on console.

Numb

Bayo in Smash has me by the neck
Can't wait to scrub it out online. Pikachu Mishima will be hilarious too
I understand, yeah the Tekken Project does do a good job with Tekken compared to much of the industry. As a bit of gallows humor while we wait, I am curious how other popular series' fans would react if small islands were given access to their games years before them. The outrage from Call Of Duty fans would be hilarious to downright scary.

I intend to get and play Tekken 7 the most on PC. I ain't sitting around for the terrible load times they are dealing with in arcades. Also, for all we know Tekken 7 will be like Tekken 6 and will have to be graphically nerfed on console.

PC version will indeed be better for obvious reasons.
Let's just hope it has cross-play

Sayah

I'm looking forward to Pokken as well.

Actually, I think this time the console version will be superior.

Street_Fighter_25th_Anniversary_Collectors_set.jpeg

This but for Tekken and it would have been under my bed

It's a shame we haven't seen anything similar for Tekken's 20th anniversary.
Maybe they'll do something for Tekken 2's 20th anniversary on PlayStation when Tekken 7 releases next year. I'd put my vote down for a bunch of legacy T2 costumes for Tekken 7.

Lovely!
That Nina/Anna fight was by far the best thing about the hot mess that was the BV movie. Sitting in the cinema at the European premiere and unexpectedly having Nina open the movie was so good.
After the movie Michael Murray told me he really liked the look of this particular rendition of Nina, and I have to agree, they've done a good job. I can almost see a bit of Nina from her Tekken 2 glory days in there. Hopefully her patent-leather motorcycle wardrobe will make a return in Tekken 7.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Happy New Year TEKKENGAF!

I'll be streaming some TEKKEN 7 sometime this weekend with people in San Diego/SoCal. Follow to be notified when we'll be live: http://twitch.tv/MarkManSDT

How's everyone doing? Aside from bitching/complaining? What else is new?

Rajang

I'd buy Pokken day one if I had a Wii U. I've always wanted to play a fighting game based on Pokémon.

I'll be streaming some TEKKEN 7 sometime this weekend with people in San Diego/SoCal. Follow to be notified when we'll be live: http://twitch.tv/MarkManSDT

Happy new year, Lord Mark Man. Looking forward to your stream.

Hoping to hear more about Tekken 7 in the upcoming weeks.

Please check that Claudio combo for me and see if it works.

BTW guys, I'm still having problems with my PS360+ board and AkiShop seems to be giving me the run around instead of replacing my board.

Rajang

Do you guys have any experience with fightpads? I've mostly been using PS3/PS4 pads, but I want to get a dedicated fighting pad for Tekken 7, SFV and older fighting games on PS3. But I dont know which one to buy. I've read some good stuff about the Hori Fighting Commander 4, is that one worth getting? I know that Mad Catz is releasing the SFV FightPad PRO in february but that d-pad is looking real suspect.

sasuke_91

When people mentioned that Tekken 7 is hard to watch because of the awful customization, I kind of understood what they were talking about.

Now, I completely understand what they were talking about.

Tekken 7 without customization is a completely different game.

My mind was so free of focusing on the customization that I was able to notice other things, like the character intro/outros, and the music.

The customization got so bad at times, that I forgot that this game had music-

I agree. Koreans making costumes is the worst thing happening in Tekken. I don't even watch T7 streams because of all that shit (and because I don't watch a game I won't be able to play for another year).

I'm still contemplating whether I should buy SFV or not.

I am as well, but this...

I did until I realized I didn't care for Street Fighter in particular, regardless of how good SFV looks.

got me thinking... I've never been interested in Street Fighter. I'll see if some friends of mine will play the game. If they do, I'll jump in as well.

Scalebound is not enough for me to keep the XBOX ONE.

Why did I buy an XBOX ONE?

Anywho, getting ready to jetpack to Gamestop and hand them this shit, I'll give them my Vita and 3DS too.

#gettinpocketchange

Xbone okay, Vita I can understand as well, but 3DS? It's the best handheld console Nintendo has ever created. If you say the DS is the best, well... the 3DS can play those games as well.

Truthfully, instead of buying a console just follow a list on Logical Increments and build yourself a PC. You'll be proud of what you put together and it will be 5x faster than a PS4 on mid range parts. I roll my eyes to hear my PS4 huff and puff to run games my PC can run+browse web+stream+you name it and barely hear fan run. If PlayStation 5 isn't announced at this year's E3 I will be shocked.

Sayah, I re-edited that post to be about 75% accurate of what I actually said. I often write out my grievances and then delete the post. That one slipped through, but I guess it wasn't too bad. I feel so stupid to have so much pain to be left out, but it's there.

I think some of it is because of a local friend who loved Tekken so much, looked forward to playing Tekken Tag 2, but he died a couple months before Tag 2 came out on console. That and Wing Zero from ATL dying, Xiao player in ATL was murdered, and my best friend's brother also died and he liked Tekken too. I mean, Is Tekken as a series going to out live it's overseas fans in wait time? Obviously, it is not anything Harada can control or anything like that, but it definitely adds to the hurt of waiting.

I would buy a PC if it weren't for the PS4 exclusives. The PS4 is a pretty great console though and not too expensive (it went down to 250€ at some point, but I was too late to buy it :/), so I can't complain.

Title makes no sense. I thought we were moving to a 3rd OT, why did we just rename this one and not change the name to include Tekken?

The name was changed after 10k posts in the last OT as well. "Now on Wii U" confused me by the way, because I thought this was the thread for the Wii U version. I was new to NeoGAF^^
The title is great imo.

I like Bandai Namco. They're doing a much, much better job at trying to keep their fans happy. T7: FR was a clear answer to that end.

You could be Konami and fire Kojima to ruin a Silent Hill project a lot of fans had their hopes and dreams attached to.

You could be Capcom and have completely inept business practices. Too many to list.

You could be Sega and make the next atrocious Sonic game. Or ruin series like Valkyria Chronicles to the ground. Or have an official funeral service for the Virtua Fighter series.

Ban Nam has done a pretty damn good job at keeping their profits up while other third parties have deteriorated substantially. To the point where they're publishing/supporting some stellar games like the Souls series, Ni No Kuni, Project CARS, and others on top of having their own excellent lineup.

I like their games a lot. Haven't played any Tales games except for Xillia, which was... okay, but it's great to see them supporting the franchise.

Square Enix played with my heart way too often. I don't even expect anything from FFXV anymore. KH3 on the other hand... I love that game way too much to not have expectations.

I will if the game comes out in 2016.

Bakoery

Considering a lot a people don't like the customizations, I thought of something.
Why not disable all customizations when playing ranked. I think this is fitting when you look at all the custom weapons people can use and that isn't fair against someone who isn't using a weapon. Also all the crazy customizations would be gone during ranked play.

Let people have customizations when playing unranked.
This should make everybody happy. Harada or Markman if you're reading this, consider it.

Sayah

Waiting for the Williams reveal.
And hoping for a release date for T7 in 2016.

I like their games a lot. Haven't played any Tales games except for Xillia, which was... okay, but it's great to see them supporting the franchise.

Square Enix played with my heart way too often. I don't even expect anything from FFXV anymore. KH3 on the other hand... I love that game way too much to not have expectations.

I already have KH3 pre-ordered. :)

Do you guys have any experience with fightpads? I've mostly been using PS3/PS4 pads, but I want to get a dedicated fighting pad for Tekken 7, SFV and older fighting games on PS3. But I dont know which one to buy. I've read some good stuff about the Hori Fighting Commander 4, is that one worth getting? I know that Mad Catz is releasing the SFV FightPad PRO in february but that d-pad is looking real suspect.

I would like to know as well.
Considering a lot a people don't like the customizations, I thought of something.
Why not disable all customizations when playing ranked. I think this is fitting when you look at all the custom weapons people can use and that isn't fair against someone who isn't using a weapon. Also all the crazy customizations would be gone during ranked play.

This should make everybody happy. Harada or Markman if you're reading this, consider it.

I can only hope.

Lol. Really though, its been sad to see this forum reduced to that so often. Here's to a year of TekkenGAF being supportive and unworried about T7.

I wonder if we even would have gotten new defaults in FR if there hadn't been enough complaining across the interwebz.

Harada was practically set on keeping 10 year old defaults + recycled TTT2 customs based on his twitter comments. The complaining people did had positive outcomes so no need to be sad over it.

AZUMIKE

I wonder if we even would have gotten new defaults in FR if there hadn't been enough complaining across the interwebz.

Harada was practically set on keeping 10 year old defaults + recycled TTT2 customs based on his twitter comments. The complaining people did had positive outcomes so no need to be sad over it.

It's one thing to continually provide constructive feedback, but I'm specifically referring to the bitter grumbling and moaning that takes place too often. And I'm not pointing any fingers, I'm just as guilty.

Dereck

I think people are cherry picking the complaining (which is us joking around), and overlooking any actual discussion. Just check the last two pages for serious discussion.

Sayah

It's one thing to continually provide constructive feedback, but I'm specifically referring to the bitter grumbling and moaning that takes place too often. And I'm not pointing any fingers, I'm just as guilty.

Well, it can be frustrating to be a Tekken fan. SFV got revealed a year after and will release a year before Tekken 7.

I miss the days when there used to be a Tekken title released close to a new Playstation console launch.

Mind you we never used to have to wait like this until Tekken 6 made it a series staple for there to be a 2 year time gap between arcades and consoles. They spent all that time and effort making scenario campaign when they really didn't have to. A simple Force Mode akin to past Tekken games would have been fine.

Lovely!
That Nina/Anna fight was by far the best thing about the hot mess that was the BV movie. Sitting in the cinema at the European premiere and unexpectedly having Nina open the movie was so good.
After the movie Michael Murray told me he really liked the look of this particular rendition of Nina, and I have to agree, they've done a good job. I can almost see a bit of Nina from her Tekken 2 glory days in there. Hopefully her patent-leather motorcycle wardrobe will make a return in Tekken 7.

When I watched BV the first time, my opinion on it was "it's okay."
When I watched a second time, I literally was cringing throughout most of the movie. Alisa could be a really cool character but that movie made sure she isn't.

And I also like Nina's outfit in the movie. Hoping for it to return.

I think people are cherry picking the complaining (which is us joking around), and overlooking any actual discussion. Just check the last two pages for serious discussion.

Also this.

Dereck

What else are we supposed to do?

Most of us can't play the game, most of us haven't played the game. Watching the game is boring now that we know FR is coming out, but that's not out yet.

We don't have a demo to play, a beta, alpha, none of that.

What exactly are we supposed to talk about? I mean, I've talked about so much stuff. It makes sense that eventually we kind of run out.

I'm actually close to abandoning Tag 2, it's like squeezing water out of a dry rag at this point.

Sayah

Most of us can't play the game, most of us haven't played the game. Watching the game is boring now that we know FR is coming out, but that's not out yet.

What exactly are we supposed to talk about? I mean, I've talked about so much stuff. It makes sense that eventually we kind of run out.

I'm actually close to abandoning Tag 2, it's like squeezing water out of a dry rag at this point.

I played av2k and before that, I hadn't touched TTT2 for months.

I've put well over 1,000 hours into the game. I need something new.

Oh boy, did I jinx it?...

You should have been acutely aware that it's 2016 now.
Now namco will take that as tacit fan consent to a 2017 release.

Good going.
j/k

sasuke_91

Yeah, turning off costumization in Ranked battle would be a good idea (which has been brought up a few times in various threads, including this one).
Normally, Jin can't combo out of CH 4. If you have a flag equipped though, you can go for a bound after that.

What I said made no sense. I'll get the game for PS4 anyway, but I won't buy it for full price if it doesn't release this year.

I already have KH3 pre-ordered. :)

We still have 2.8 coming before that (I won't buy that one for 60€ either, considering I have already played 3D). I guess we'll get KH3 in 2017.

Imagine Xiaoyu and Bryan not getting their new outfits. Complaining was well worth it :D

AZUMIKE

Lol idk about that. And my point isn't whether we're having "serious" discussions, it's about how we discuss things.

Well, it can be frustrating to be a Tekken fan. SFV got revealed a year after and will release a year before Tekken 7.

I miss the days when there used to be a Tekken title released close to a new Playstation console launch.

Mind you we never used to have to wait like this until Tekken 6 made it a series staple for there to be a 2 year time gap between arcades and consoles. They spent all that time and effort making scenario campaign when they really didn't have to. A simple Force Mode akin to past Tekken games would have been fine.

My simple charge to you Sayah (and the entire Tekken community) is to not let the prolonged release schedule of T7 make you unnecessarily uptight. Life is more than Tekken.

I'll say it again, life is more than Tekken!

sasuke_91

My simply charge to you Sayah (and the entire Tekken community) is to not let the prolonged release schedule of T7 make you unnecessarily uptight. Life is more than Tekken.
But this is a Tekken thread. And since we're seeing so much of T7 and are stuck with playing TTT2, a 3+ year old game and are basically forced to wait for Arcades to die down or something... of course we'll start complaining :p
Take this post with a grain of salt.

AZUMIKE

I would ask you to elaborate, but I'm not very interested.

My suggestion is just to ignore it.

Meanwhile, we have pages like these every now and then.

Lol. My issue lies with how one goes about critiquing T7 and/or Bandai Namco. Is the critique constructive and positive, or is it ill-tempered? Maybe that helps.

But this is a Tekken thread. And since we're seeing so much of T7 and are stuck with playing TTT2, a 3+ year old game and are basically forced to wait for Arcades to die down or something... of course we'll start complaining :p
Take this post with a grain of salt.

Note the word "unnecessarily" in my post :)

Sayah

What I said made no sense. I'll get the game for PS4 anyway, but I won't buy it for full price if it doesn't release this year.

Same boat.

I'm not buying the game full price (or at all) if it releases 2017. Not supporting that model.
Namco needs to come up with a new solution instead of making 95% of their fans wait two years.

My simple charge to you Sayah (and the entire Tekken community) is to not let the prolonged release schedule of T7 make you unnecessarily uptight. Life is more than Tekken.

Tekken is love. Tekken is life.
I can't get into other games. Tekken Tag 2 has helped to fill the gaming void the past 3 years but I need something new now. I'll probably be done with gaming if Tekken 7 doesn't release within 2016.

AZUMIKE

Same boat.

I'm not buying the game full price (or at all) if it releases 2017. Not supporting that model.
Namco needs to come up with a new solution instead of making 95% of their fans wait two years.

Tekken is love. Tekken is life.
I can't get into other games. Tekken Tag 2 has helped to fill the gaming void the past 3 years but I need something new now. I'll probably be done with gaming if Tekken 7 doesn't release within 2016.

Done with gaming? Did you forget about KH3??? After KH3, then you can be done with gaming lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom