• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

Done with gaming? Did you forget about KH3??? After KH3, then you can be done with gaming lol

I'm excited for stuff like Dark Souls 3 and Kingdom Hearts 3 but that stuff is just SP adventures I can finish rather quickly.

What I always need is a game I can really devote myself to and put hundreds of hours into to sustain interest in gaming. And that has usually either been Smash Bros. or Tekken.

The unfortunate thing is that as much as I like Smash 4, my interest in it has waned. And I can no longer bring myself to support Tekken's arcade model if it means 2 year wait times. I've always been a big fan of how the game has been beta tested in arcades so we get a quality release on consoles, but that was pre-Tekken 6 when it didn't take 2 years for an arcade to console transition.

Right now, I'm trying out different franchises to see if there's something else I can cling onto going forward.......but haven't found anything. As a result, I'll probably just focus on other things in life and maybe play the one or two off titles here and there like KH3 or FFXV. I just won't be an avid gamer anymore and I guess that's okay.

Some of us may try to quit Tekken if it doesn't come out on home systems in 2016. We may have to put a Tekken game case in our mouth and taste it for a while, but we can quit the habit if we try. Joking aside, the only thing I can talk about is my weekly online tournaments for Tekken which start back up soon. I may complain a lot, but I support a lot too (notice me senpai!).

seaiMDK.png

And yeah, I am in the same boat as Sayah. I have fun here and there with the 50 or so games I got on Steam over the holidays, but none of them have grabbed me like Tekken. It really makes me want to pull out Tekken 4 and relive those first experiences. That first time when I just knew, I love this game. Sure, I don't have the long history of playing since Tekken 1 like some, but when I joined in Tekken 4 I was certain that Tekken would be the game I would play on my deathbed.

AZUMIKE

I'm excited for stuff like Dark Souls 3 and Kingdom Hearts 3 but that stuff is just SP adventures I can finish rather quickly.

What I always need is a game I can really devote myself to and put hundreds of hours into to sustain interest in gaming. And that has usually either been Smash Bros. or Tekken.

The unfortunate thing is that as much as I like Smash 4, my interest in it has waned. And I can no longer bring myself to support Tekken's arcade model if it means 2 year wait times. I've always been a big fan of how the game has been beta tested in arcades so we get a quality release on consoles, but that was pre-Tekken 6 when it didn't take 2 years for an arcade to console transition.

Right now, I'm trying out different franchises to see if there's something else I can cling onto going forward.......but haven't found anything. As a result, I'll probably just focus on other things in life and maybe play the one or two off titles here and there like KH3 or FFXV. I just won't be an avid gamer anymore and I guess that's okay.

ytuXgbK.jpg

Perhaps I'm in a similar boat. After this console generation I'm chillin. T7 and KH3 are games that highlight an end of an era for me.

Sayah

Some of us may try to quit Tekken if it doesn't come out on home systems in 2016. We may have to put a Tekken game case in our mouth and taste it for a while, but we can quit the habit if we try. Joking aside, the only thing I can talk about is my weekly online tournaments for Tekken which start back up soon. I may complain a lot, but I support a lot too (notice me senpai!).

seaiMDK.png

And yeah, I am in the same boat as Sayah. I have fun here and there with the 50 or so games I got on Steam over the holidays, but none of them have grabbed me like Tekken. It really makes me want to pull out Tekken 4 and relive those first experiences. That first time when I just knew, I love this game. Sure, I don't have the long history of playing since Tekken 1 like some, but when I joined in Tekken 4 I was certain that Tekken would be the game I would play on my deathbed.

Thanks for all your support. :)

ytuXgbK.jpg

Perhaps I'm in a similar boat. After this console generation I'm chillin. T7 and KH3 are games that highlight an end of an era for me.

We'll see.

Maybe I'll buy Tekken 7 used or something if it releases 2017, so I'm not directly supporting a 2 year wait.

AAK

I too would like to think everyone's "complaining" did influence the changes we're finally seeing in FR.

When Tekken 7 comes out I'll just share-play with AAK until I think the game is worthy of being bought used.

Don't forget Shareplay is restricted 720p/30fps :p

sasuke_91

It's funny. Everytime I come back after not playing Tekken for some time I get better. I guess this comes from getting rid of bad habits.

Good games Numb! Some of those matches were crazy! I missed that. Get rid of that rust soon :D

Numb

And you said you were rusty. Seems like i won the rust wars on top of you getting better. And getting better overall i might add.GGS

DEATH™

What a crappy thread name change. Should've went with Snoop D-O-Double Jizzle. We gotta use that 3 char worth of marketing money to the fullest

GrayFoxPL

That outfit fuck up is pretty funny because anyone could tell them: "You know, it doesn't look quite right" before they just released it.

This is how it should look when correctly fitted on a model.
OGnigDE.gif

jW0Z69a.gif

5ZaDZKD.gif

Is Claudio using Algol's move here or am i just seeing things?

Even go the same spin

Yeah, they are copying some animations, sometimes up to point, sometimes whole.
I've seen Kazumi having Kunimitsu's db+4 kick or Kat having Angel's or Anna's ws+2 or something.

Useless trivia: in TTT2 Jinpachi's and Anna's b+4 is the same.

Numb

That outfit fuck up is pretty funny because anyone could tell them: "You know, it doesn't look quite right" before they just released it.

This is how it should look when correctly fitted on a model.
OGnigDE.gif

jW0Z69a.gif

5ZaDZKD.gif

Yeah, they are copying some animations, sometimes up to point, sometimes whole.
I've seen Kazumi having Kunimitsu's db+4 kick or Kat having Angel's or Anna's ws+2 or something.

Useless trivia: in TTT2 Jinpachi's and Anna's b+4 is the same.
Atleast Josie is fitted with that black biker gear she got going and cyborg Bryan is back hurray

Wish Jinpachi had Heihachi's instead and was mid

Rajang

I just dont like Jin with a trench coat, does not fit him imo. Only Kazuya can wear them well.

And Kazuya needs his purple tuxdedo back.

GrayFoxPL

Speaking of Josie's black biker gear they should go all the way and make her look like Akira from Rival Schools. I love her outfits.

0Zc1BB8.jpg

rM8hWha.jpg

gWcL4eb.jpg

GrayFoxPL

I just dont like Jin with a trench coat, does not fit him imo. Only Kazuya can wear them well.

And Kazuya needs his purple tuxdedo back.

I hate those damn tuxedos post tag 1 with long tail. I get it, they wanted him to look like Darkstalkers Demetri but he looks like he's gonna direct an orchestra.

This one looks decent, but screw tuxedos all together.

These are outfits that need to return.
o7MiPoH.png

UIpb3Ey.jpg

QrLwdbg.jpg

Original Rajin&Fujin marked pants not some generic flame shit.

Numb

I was poor back in T6 and everything cost premiuim back. If only the auras were as bad as they are in TTT2 i could ignore them but at that price....

GrayFoxPL

I was poor back in T6 and everything cost premiuim back. If only the auras were as bad as they are in TTT2 i could ignore them but at that price....

You just reminded me something. Remember how in T6 there were only 2 slots for customs? And when you played Scenario Campaign the game randomly generated items with best stats so the character equipped in them 99% times looked like a clown, haha.

And then you accidently picked that outfit for online fight. XD

T6 - goofy outfits required for stats. XD

Numb

You just reminded me something. Remember how in T6 there were only 2 slots for customs? And when you played Scenario Campaign the game randomly generated items with best stats so the character equipped in them 99% times looked like a clown, haha.

And then you accidently picked that outfit for online fight. XD

T6 - goofy outfits reqired for stats. XD
Ofcourse you need to lvl up with crazy clothing to get more cash to buy good stuff with.
How else are you gonna face Devil Jin on hell train with his cheap ass tactics
Somehow still not as bad as Lars Naruto artist moon hair outfit lol

GrayFoxPL

Ofcourse you need to lvl up with crazy clothing to get more cash to buy good stuff with.
How else are you gonna face Devil Jin on hell train with his cheap ass tactics
Somehow still not as bad as Lars Naruto artist moon hair outfit lol

I trolled Devil Jin so hard until he fell off the train. "Win is a win. Oh a trophy!" Lol.

Gawdlike track. Whole Tekken 2 ost is my favorite.

Numb

sasuke_91

Josie's outfit is great, but I agree with bout. The bow ruins it. And what is that Winnie Pooh supposed to mean?

T2 Kazuya theme is the best soundtrack in Tekken history.

Edit: The lab stuff in TTT2 is annoying, but it was the only trophy left for a plat, so I just completed it^^

GrayFoxPL

sexy
Didn't know i would get the Plat after killing him. Just salty he was so op and wanted to kill
I should get that last TTT2 trophy from 2 years ago to get the plat bu the fuck should i do lab stuff for lol

I got platinum in T6 and that was my first one out of 3 I ever got I think.

I wanted tag2 plat but yeah that lab shit is huge waste of time and I got tired giant swinging mokujin after nth time.

That tekken god requirement is also bull.

GrayFoxPL

Josie's outfit is great, but I agree with bout. The bow ruins it. And what is that Winnie Pooh supposed to mean?

T2 Kazuya theme is the best soundtrack in Tekken history.

Edit: The lab stuff in TTT2 is annoying, but it was the only trophy left for a plat, so I just completed it^^

Hah, never noticed it!

Numb

Tekken lord i got while trying to unlock stuff
Haven't done customs in forever and had 999,999,999 gold for a long time

If Lee ends up in Tekken 7 I pray for a tuxedo default. His 1P outfits have been terrible since Tekken 4. Give the man some straight James Bond freshness none of this leather pants & fishnet BS. You hear me Michael Murry? No leather pants!

GrayFoxPL

You only need to get to Tekken Lord. That's still like... 600 matches though.

Only Tekken lord? Then I think this trophy glitched on me, gotta check.

If Lee ends up in Tekken 7 I pray for a tuxedo default. His 1P outfits have been terrible since Tekken 4. Give the man some straight James Bond freshness none of this leather pants & fishnet BS. You hear me Michael Murry? No leather pants!

Lee's flamboyant free spirit.

Rocker leather pants fit him, he even had that exclusive guitar in T5.

GsoJKAy.jpg

You know you want it.

I'm not gay but that shirtless Violet art - HEIß

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom