• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

I didn't disregard Tekken and have added Tag 2 to the thread.

I didn't realize TTT2 was still active. It's completely dead, local-wise. The last time my local had a tourney for Tag 2 was in January of 2015. Given the age and lack of support from Namco currently, it was my hypothesis that the game is dead online if it's dead at the local level. It wasn't a disregarding of Tekken and it wasn't pushing Tekken under the bus. It was just a misunderstanding. Since the thread is about trying to improve, it didn't seem like a good idea to list a game that seemed sort of dead. The fact its last release was on Wii U and it's not on current gen consoles isn't helping the image that it's dead either.

I have since edited it into the thread and am looking for resources to add to the Tekken section. MikeBreezy gave me some and I'm adding them later.

I want to apologize, but I want you to know there was no ill intent. I'm looking forward to Tekken 7 more than SFV. I'm just saying that I don't think the reaction here is at all fair.

Tekken Tag 2 is more active online than mostly any other fighting game.

Thanks for adding it.

Tekken Tag 2 is more active online than mostly any other fighting game.

Thanks for adding it.

Well, I'm interested in getting into Tekken, so it'd be nice if some of you dropped by. Hopefully they add Tekken Tag 2 to Steam. If people shitting on Tekken is what you worry about, I'll make it so it's against the rules of the thread. The thread is about FGC solidarity, after all. But not wanting to branch out because of perceived Tekken hate isn't going to do the Tekken community any favors. Put yourself out there if you want to grow IMO. Instead of contributing to the thread, you guys just linked it and disregarded it rather than go in and give tips or suggestions or what I should do for the Tekken section to try to grow your game. Whose fault is that? Definitely not mine.

MikeBreezy's posts have been excellent in the thread and a great bridge to the Tekken community.

I didn't realize TTT2 was still active. It's completely dead, local-wise. The last time my local had a tourney for Tag 2 was in January of 2015. Given the age and lack of support from Namco currently, it was my hypothesis that the game is dead online if it's dead at the local level. It wasn't a disregarding of Tekken and it wasn't pushing Tekken under the bus. It was just a misunderstanding. Since the thread is about trying to improve, it didn't seem like a good idea to list a game that seemed sort of dead. The fact its last release was on Wii U and it's not on current gen consoles isn't helping the image that it's dead either.

I have since edited it into the thread and am looking for resources to add to the Tekken section. MikeBreezy gave me some and I'm adding them later.

I want to apologize, but I want you to know there was no ill intent. I'm looking forward to Tekken 7 more than SFV. I'm just saying that I don't think the reaction here is at all fair and I think that you guys should cut me some slack given the amount of effort I'm putting into that thread and trying to find a way to unite the community by helping newbies get into the fold.

Also, it's "she".

Nah that's just residual lack of Tekken attention salt. We get overlooked everywhere else so its kinda irritating when it keeps happening. Glad I could help with everything and I know I will help or need help in the thread lol. The right people came in and corrected the issue. Also some more resources should be in the OP.

Oh my god. These tires are so fucking good. It's like driving a fucking orgasmobile. 10/10 If you want to get snow tires fucking Ultimax Arctics are out of control good.

GrayFoxPL

It's probably fake.

But regardless, I'm pretty sure this game is coming to steam. There is no way they are skipping on a PC release. It's too major of a market to forgo despite the concerns surrounding piracy.

I imagine there will be a PC release. It'll just be delayed a month or two after the consoles.

Will double dip for Tekken 7 (PS4/PC) as long as I get it in 2016.

Doesn't say Tekken 7.

Tekken HD Collection?

Btw isn't this from the same facebook dude that said Williams are in T7?

Dude's gonna get fired.

I don't believe in T7 PC.

LowParry

I want to apologize, but I want you to know there was no ill intent. I'm looking forward to Tekken 7 more than SFV. I'm just saying that I don't think the reaction here is at all fair and I think that you guys should cut me some slack given the amount of effort I'm putting into that thread and trying to find a way to unite the community by helping newbies get into the fold.

Also, it's "she".

I think most may have the issue of teaching folk how to play Tekken. I'd start with fundamentals but I can teach that in Street Fighter a lot easier. Now when trying to teach someone to play Street Fighter when they've played Tekken for years, now that's a hurdle.

sasuke_91

Also, it's "she".

Yeah, TTT2 is pretty much dead everywhere locally. We have 1 major tournament in Germany every year. Online it's the most active though. You'll find players at any time of the day.

Thanks for adding the game to the thread. And sorry for the reaction.

I'm going to talk to Karst, kirblar, ragingnight, and the other anti-Tekken peeps about this beef because where the FGC is right now, beef does no one any favors. We need to drop the pettiness and focus on growth.

Manbig

I'm going to talk to Karst, kirblar, ragingnight, and the other anti-Tekken peeps about this beef because where the FGC is right now, beef does no one any favors. We need to drop the pettiness and focus on growth.

I think it's kind of overblown to call it beef personally. It's just that some of those peeps have said some dumb shit about Tekken that totally came from a place of ignorance. Namely Karst, but it's also kind of par for the course for that guy to say dumb shit sometimes it seems.

GrayFoxPL

Also, it's "she".

TTT2 might be dead locally but online is 24h alive. I can hit ranked on any time of a day for non stop fights. That's PS3 EU btw.

Thanks for adding Tekken. Your thread is impressive I appreciate your effort!

AZUMIKE

av2k, good freakin' games. I REALLY appreciated the high-level of Tekken that you brought. I learned a lot, so thanks.

My face the very first round when I saw your movement and whiff/block punishing:

kXndFhP.png

LOL

sasuke_91

I just rewatched the kurokuro stream lupinko. You were pretty nervous and kind of awkward, but in a really likeable way. I don't know how to put it, but I enjoyed listening to what you said :D
And thanks for the shoutout^^

av2k

av2k, good freakin' games. I REALLY appreciated the high-level of Tekken that you brought. I learned a lot, so thanks.

My face the very first round when I saw your movement and whiff/block punishing:

kXndFhP.png

LOL

Ah lol, good games man! It's like 55 degrees in my room and my fingers were frozen but I still had a blast fighting your Yoshimitsu/Lars. @_@ Let me know when you want to play anytime! Do you have steam by any chance?

AZUMIKE

Ah lol, good games man! It's like 55 degrees in my room and my fingers were frozen but I still had a blast fighting your Yoshimitsu/Lars. @_@ Let me know when you want to play anytime! Do you have steam by any chance?

Definitely, will do!

And nope, I'm exclusively a console gamer, sorry lol.

av2k

Definitely, will do!

And nope, I'm exclusively a console gamer, sorry lol.

Ah no biggie on that, a lot of gaffers on here actually just use it as a way to chat with each other rather than actually playing PC games. We usually watch live tournament streams and such in Steam chat rooms if you're ever interested in trying. :D

av2k, beat me up someday when you'll see me playing! :D

Psn - GrayFoxPL

Lol! Stop saying that, makes me feel like a bully walking around school beating up kids for their lunch money. hahaha, but yeah, absolutely, do you have steam by any chance?

--

Currently watching Vice documentary on Magic The Gathering.. interesting community and game to say the least. O_O

GrayFoxPL

Lol! Stop saying that, makes me feel like a bully walking around school beating up kids for their lunch money. hahaha, but yeah, absolutely, do you have steam by any chance?

--

Currently watching Vice documentary on Magic The Gathering.. interesting community and game to say the least. O_O

I'm just foreseeing how the battle will go, haha.

Don't have steam, sorry.

Talking about Magic The Gathering, I have one of the versions on psn The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers or something and going in knowing nothing about these types of games, I must say it's very fun. It's not that hard to play and the art on the cards is gorgeous!

I'm talking about this because I wish Tekken had that quality card game. Not the awful Pay to Win Online crap or Tekken 6 card game which I didn't play but the art isn't very good.

PqhMd47.jpg

Sayah

err - there wasn't really a need for that. it's not like there's a grudge or anything. lol. It's nothing that serious.

I still visit FGW sometimes and interact with Karsticles, Kirblar, etc. I just haven't posted there a lot since the move to Community.

AAK only listed those names because they were notorious for consistently posting negative things about Tekken despite having minimal to no experience with the franchise. Kirblar's last Tekken game was Tekken 3 and he has some inherent hate for 3D fighting games for some reason. Karsticles maybe played Tekken 6 for 10 minutes and that's his cumulative experience with the franchise. lol. Yet if you read some of their past posts, they tried to sound like they were leading authorities on Tekken.

They're both probably still stellar guys. Just not knowledgeable about Tekken.

Well, I'm interested in getting into Tekken, so it'd be nice if some of you dropped by. Hopefully they add Tekken Tag 2 to Steam. If people shitting on Tekken is what you worry about, I'll make it so it's against the rules of the thread. The thread is about FGC solidarity, after all. But not wanting to branch out because of perceived Tekken hate isn't going to do the Tekken community any favors. Put yourself out there if you want to grow IMO. Instead of contributing to the thread, you guys just linked it and disregarded it rather than go in and give tips or suggestions or what I should do for the Tekken section to try to grow your game. Whose fault is that? Definitely not mine.

MikeBreezy's posts have been excellent in the thread and a great bridge to the Tekken community.

I'll post in it.

I asked for a tl;dr version in my first post because my free time is very limited these days. But I'll read through and offer help if anyone needs it.

Doesn't say Tekken 7.

Tekken HD Collection?

Btw isn't this from the same facebook dude that said Williams are in T7?

Dude's gonna get fired.

I don't believe in T7 PC.

You should believe in Tekken 7 PC. :p

sasuke_91

I'm on mobile and don't know how to copy tweets, but when asked when we get more info on FR, his answer was "Jan, Feb...".
Doesn't sound very encouraging :/

GrayFoxPL

"Jan, Feb..." sounds like "soon... or maybe later". The thing is, news in 1 month means release in 3/4 or more months. I just hope the game releases for consoles late 2016.
Maybe I'm just too pessimistic.

I'm just happy they seriously took T7 to workshop. Seems like side projects for Nintendo and ftp games are over and the attention is on T7. Well not exactly, there's Summer Lesson but thankfully this looks more like a tech demo than huge game.

Jan, Feb is pretty soon tbh.

I'd expect FR start running in arcades in April/May.

Dereck

This game did something very right with Katarina. They chose an excellent voice actress, for a character that is probably somewhere in her late 20s. Now, so far in Tekken, the age gap in female characters has been tremendous. The bulk of them aren't even above 20, and the other veteran female characters are over 30, but I don't find them appealing. Something about Katarina appeals to me though. Maybe it's the fact that it's a female character who does not have a feminine fighting style. She also has a little bass in her voice and I get a since of a strong woman instead of a young girl pretending to look like they are fighting someone.

8Hyrowz.gif

She looks cool too. Her default costume involves a pair of shades, and her character design is cool as well besides the two attention seekers below her neck.

This is actually why I don't play with female characters in Tekken because most of them appear to be visually weak and their fighting styles makes it seem like they are dancing around, twirling around doing butterfly jumps and flipping all over the place, practicing some kind of extreme yoga acrobatics. There aren't any moves or attacks that Lili, Asuka, Ling, Jun, Michelle do that make me go wow, that looked really powerful, everything appears to be so light. An exception to this is Nina's Kamehameha wave, I'm sure there are other moves that I'm missing (because there are), and I don't care about anyone looking up moves from female characters saying look, isn't this powerful?, because that would be missing my point.

xXLdl5N.gif

Dragunov, Feng, Law, Kazuya, Bryan, Armor King, Heihachi, they all fight like they're trying to break their opponents' bones. This is why I like Katarina, when she attacks I feel like she is actually a fighter. Good job Bandai Namco. I'll say it again because I feel like I can't make this clear enough, the point of this post isn't to bash people that like playing female characters in Tekken, the point is to illustrate how I really think Katarina is a solid character and to show why I've tried to play with female characters in the past and how it just didn't work out. The majority of them fit this they ain't got no visually powerful attacks tho category to me besides people like Leo, Nina or Julia (some of her moves).

And if you think I'm just being a fuckboi, (and that's cool), here are some examples of female characters in other fighting games that I like playing with.

eoT3xcU.jpg
G5tvDnS.jpg

Now, I know that DOA characters fit the 18 year old pretty girl archetype pretty well, however these are a few characters that I enjoy playing with because I feel like when I play with them, I press a button and they are trying to knock your teeth out.

osetmdP.gif

Did you see that? That piece of shit Lars got the snot kicked out of him!

MusQaZk.gif

When Tekken 7 comes out when I turn 52 years old, I'm maining Katarina for a few months, I can't wait.

Manbig

I'm on the Kat train with you Bout. May we both celebrate the birth of our future grand children by enjoying the console release of Tekken 7.

sasuke_91

Kat definitely is one of the stronger looking female characters in Tekken. Xiaoyu is great and all, but I understand why people wouldn't like her style.

LOL, really? I didnt even expect them to reveal something so soon.

Really? So much pessimism...
I expected them to release FR in February, but I guess that wasn't very realistic...
It's my first time following a Tekken game's development, and the wait is killing me. I can't imagine how much people were suffering when they waited for T6^^

Gambit61

Ha sorry Manny, I completely forgot I asked about Chinatown Fair yesterday. I'm surprised Cen was so scummy about the Tekken Cabinet prices. The Display lag is also whack. Hopefully T7 brings back some activity to the NYC scene. I'd like to play/get better locally.

Sayah

Anna, Nina, Alisa, and Leo all have very hard hitting moves.

Anna's elbow is the clear winner though.

I am for female variety and I am a Xiaoyu player. As much as I like Xiao, she makes me cringe from time to time (anyone who has played Xiao in Tekken 5 Story Battle understands, *shivers*). Imagine if missing Sagat in Street Fighter was answered by a tall badass chick with an eyepatch in Tekken? A "Hot Ice" Hilda type in Tekken would put such a smile on my face.

Yeah, it would put a smile on lots of people's faces but we got Lucky Chloe and Josie instead. lol.

Manbig

Ha sorry Manny, I completely forgot I asked about Chinatown Fair yesterday. I'm surprised Cen was so scummy about the Tekken Cabinet prices. The Display lag is also whack. Hopefully T7 brings back some activity to the NYC scene. I'd like to play/get better locally.

I don't know if I would call what he was doing scummy, but he certainly rubbed me the wrong way with that whole nonsense. I probably would've cared a whole lot more if I actually liked Tekken 6 and BR.

Back to the whole female characters in Tekken thing here. Historically, Leo is the only one that has really interested me. She has a ton of really hard hitting shit, and while she has some stupid ass looking cartwheel kicks here and there, she still looks like she is absolutely going for the kill with almost all of her offense.

Being the pro wrestling fanatic that I am, you'd expect me to add Julia, but I have always hated her using those moves. The kinds of moves that they gave her, are all power moves meant for larger wrestlers. It looks fucking stupid when she's hitting Marduk or Jack with a Death Valley Driver/Bomb, a Dr. Death Backdrop Driver, or worst of all Mother Fucking Stan Hansen's Western Lariat! Giving her moves like these was the absolute worst way to pay homage to them.

The only thing they got right was having her use rebound stuff like
The Slingblade, and Dragon Kid's Deja Vu (though this doesn't have much impact to it).

So basically, what I'm saying here is...

Fuck Michelle.

Fuck Julia.

Fuck Jay Cee.

Fuck Jay Z.

EDIT: As far as human characters with relatively normal proportions goes, Anna's moves are some of the ugliest animations in the whole game.

Sayah

I don't like Leo that much tbh. Her combos look boring in Tekken 7. Worse than Shaheen boring. Julia/Michelle have a similar problem. Their combos just look plain dull. Pretty much every launcher they have requires using their spinaroo.

Anna/Nina/Alisa is where it's at if you want hard hitting moves and a fun character.

Sayah

EDIT: As far as human characters with relatively normal proportions goes, Anna's moves are some of the ugliest animations in the whole game.

gasp.gif

Take that back.

Anna has amazing animation. Don't know where' you're getting ugly animations from.
A beautiful command list.

Some examples:

qcf+1 (elbow to the faaaaace)
f,f+2 (great pushback)
f+3+2 (butt tackle.....beautiffffuulllly animated)
f,f+1+2 (her own kamehameha)
f+4 (excellent kick)
qcf+3,2 (very hard hitting)
SS+3 (looks even better in slow motion)
f+3,2 (my favorite new move)
f,f+3,4,3 (flippity kicks)
2+4 grab (slappity slaps)
1+2 grab (kick to the groin)

Gambit61

Whoa, what did Jigga ever do to you.

But yeah, Leo is the only female character I like so far in Tekken. I mainly picked her cuz she's literally female Rock Howard and she uses the same fighting style as Akira from VF. I'm very picky when it comes to picking up female fighter, too much anime/fanservice in their design means I'm not picking them.

Manbig

Take that back.

Anna has amazing animation. Don't know where' you're getting ugly animations from.
A beautiful command list.

Some examples:

qcf+1 (elbow to the faaaaace)
f,f+2 (great pushback)
f+3+2 (butt tackle.....beautiffffuulllly animated)
f,f+1+2 (her own kamehameha)
f+4 (excellent kick)
qcf+3,2 (very hard hitting)
SS+3 (looks even better in slow motion)
f+3,2 (my favorite new move)
f,f+3,4,3 (flippity kicks)
2+4 grab (slappity slaps)
1+2 grab (kick to the groin)

Sorry man, but I can't agree. Sure, the whole movelist isn't terrible, but stuff like that roll where she falls on her ass and should probably have a dislocated hip by the end of it is what I'm talking about.

That butt tackle moves connects in the same way a shoulder does, and that looks freaking ridiculous. Ling has a similar animation, but at least Ling looks like she's trying to hit you with her shoulder with hers. Anna looks like she was shoved hard against a wall and she tilted her body in a way to protect herself.

The flippy kicks that both of the WIlliams do are also increidbly fucking ugly and don't look like they have any impact. Hell, the hit animation for them makes it look like characters got hit with a mere jab. That's not what a kick to the face should be doing to you.

I'm not gonna sit here and go through every move though. I just personally really don't care much for these animations.

DEATH™

I don't know if I would call what he was doing scummy, but he certainly rubbed me the wrong way with that whole nonsense. I probably would've cared a whole lot more if I actually liked Tekken 6 and BR.

Back to the whole female characters in Tekken thing here. Historically, Leo is the only one that has really interested me. She has a ton of really hard hitting shit, and while she has some stupid ass looking cartwheel kicks here and there, she still looks like she is absolutely going for the kill with almost all of her offense.

Being the pro wrestling fanatic that I am, you'd expect me to add Julia, but I have always hated her using those moves. The kinds of moves that they gave her, are all power moves meant for larger wrestlers. It looks fucking stupid when she's hitting Marduk or Jack with a Death Valley Driver/Bomb, a Dr. Death Backdrop Driver, or worst of all Mother Fucking Stan Hansen's Western Lariat! Giving her moves like these was the absolute worst way to pay homage to them.

The Slingblade, and Dragon Kid's Deja Vu (though this doesn't have much impact to it).

So basically, what I'm saying here is...

Fuck Michelle.

Fuck Julia.

Fuck Jay Cee.

Fuck Jay Z.

Dude, mad salt here lol

what's ur opinion on Mich running neckbreaker drop (her ground iSW)? I did think they made it look really cool in this game. Also, I need ur opinion on Julia Canadian Destroyer and Double Rotation Moonsault.

Sayah

Meh.

If I was given the option to pick the Tekken 7 roster, this is what it would look like.

Returning

1. Heihachi
2. Kazuya/Devil
3. Jin
4. Feng
5. Kuma
6. Lee
7. Chreddy
8. Hwoarang
9. Zafina
10. Marduk
11. King
12. Alisa
13. Lili
14. Xiaoyu
15. Nina
16. Anna
17. Paul
18. Law
19. Steve
20. Bruce
21. Jack
22. Yoshimitsu

New
1. Kazumi
2. Katarina
3. Claudio

Gigas, Shaheen, Josie, and Chloe don't exist. Shaheen has a good design but terrible playstyle. Gigas and Chloe are terrible designs. Josie is a Bruce ripoff that cries.

Sorry man, but I can't agree. Sure, the whole movelist isn't terrible, but stuff like that roll where she falls on her ass and should probably have a dislocated hip by the end of it is what I'm talking about.

That butt tackle moves connects in the same way a shoulder does, and that looks freaking ridiculous. Ling has a similar animation, but at least Ling looks like she's trying to hit you with her shoulder with hers. Anna looks like she was shoved hard against a wall and she tilted her body in a way to protect herself.

The flippy kicks that both of the WIlliams do are also increidbly fucking ugly and don't look like they have any impact. Hell, the hit animation for them makes it look like characters got hit with a mere jab. That's not what a kick to the face should be doing to you.

I'm not gonna sit here and go through every move though. I just personally really don't care much for these animations.

You can't appreciate the butt tackle. I don't even know what to say.

Manbig

DEATH™;190839938 said:
Dude, mad salt here lol

what's ur opinion on Mich running neckbreaker drop (her ground iSW)? I did think they made it look really cool in this game. Also, I need ur opinion on Julia Canadian Destroyer and Double Rotation Moonsault.

I don't recall her doing the Canadian Destroyer. Doesn't she do the Code Red?

I already mentioned her running grab. It's the Sling Blade. Unless you're talking about the air grab, Burning Hammer? She DEFINITELY should not be using that shit.

Basically, if they wanted to make a female character doing a shitload of suplexes, then at the very least give her some fucking muscles, or make her big.

This is the kind of character that should be doing that kind of stuff:

AAK

I think these are really valid complaints. But the complaints carry forward to King, Marduk, AKing as well in a few instances. I hate how the person getting hit cooperates with King and Marduk on some of their grabs. I hate how when Marduk does Goldberg's JackHammer or Armor King is doing the regular suplex the opponent isn't struggling to break out of it and flexes their abs to keep their legs upright. Seeing Paul's ultimate punishment is a huge breath of fresh air because the person is actually trying to struggle out of it before Paul does the chockehold. I want wrestling moves.. but I still want them to look visceral and as if they were legitimately landed. It's the sublte actions with how King does the tombstone verses Jack/Armor-King on how those moves are delivered which make all the difference.

About the Julia grabs specifically... I just wish Namco followed Virtua Fighter 5: FS design philosophy for giving the big/heavy characters their own unique throw animations.

https://youtu.be/G0eI2PCS-Ac?t=2m17s

I guess if it doesn't start from the powerbomb motion it isn't a canadian destroyer?

Meh.

If I was given the option to pick the Tekken 7 roster, this is what it would look like.

Returning

1. Heihachi
2. Kazuya/Devil
3. Jin
4. Feng
5. Kuma
6. Lee
7. Chreddy
8. Hwoarang
9. Zafina
10. Marduk
11. King
12. Alisa
13. Lili
14. Xiaoyu
15. Nina
16. Anna
17. Paul
18. Law
19. Steve
20. Bruce
21. Jack
22. Yoshimitsu

New
1. Kazumi
2. Katarina
3. Claudio

Gigas, Shaheen, Josie, and Chloe don't exist. Shaheen has a good design but terrible playstyle. Gigas and Chloe are terrible designs. Josie is a Bruce ripoff that cries.

I want a SF:3S roster for Tekken. Keep like 5 characters and make EVERYONE else brand new with next gen animations. I know it's never gonna happen, but at least something close to Tekken 3.

EDIT:
Or just Re-animate Tekken entirely

Sayah

I want a SF:3S roster for Tekken. Keep like 5 characters and make EVERYONE else brand new with next gen animations. I know it's never gonna happen, but at least something close to Tekken 3.

Namco has been on a downward spiral as far as creating good new characters goes.

Tekken 6 was a mix of good and bad with new characters. Tekken 7 is mostly bad.
They also tried with SCV and only made their fans angry.

I'll look forward to what you're asking for when I can be confident in Namco's ability again to create good new characters. For the time being, I'll stick with returning characters because I fear 70% of the roster would end up being terrible if most of the existing/veteran characters were dumped.

AAK

If they fail I will always have Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to play. But more than anything I want to see a Namco fighter built from the ground up on a next gen system with no legacy animations, design decisions, and game engines holding it back. For example: I'm willing to bet the fact that Tekken still can't get a rematch option without reloading the entire game again because of the way the fighting engine has been programmed and it's still the case with Tekken 7 even when SF and DOA figured it out. I'm sure if they start from scratch and design something from the ground up we'll see so many of these thing that are standard in other fighting series finally come to Tekken. And with that hopefully they'll be inspired to finally stop depending on so many Tekken 2 animations for their legacy cast.

Rajang

Meh.

Returning

1. Heihachi
2. Kazuya/Devil
3. Jin
4. Feng
5. Kuma
6. Lee
7. Chreddy
8. Hwoarang
9. Zafina
10. Marduk
11. King
12. Alisa
13. Lili
14. Xiaoyu
15. Nina
16. Anna
17. Paul
18. Law
19. Steve
20. Bruce
21. Jack
22. Yoshimitsu

New
1. Kazumi
2. Katarina
3. Claudio

Cool list tho.

Let me make mine. I copied your list and changed it here and there:

Returning
1. Heihachi
2. Kazuya/Devil
3. Jin
4. Feng
5. Law
6. Lee
7. Eddy
8. Hwoarang
9. Lei
10. Marduk
11. King
12. Paul
13. Lili
14. Xiaoyu
15. Nina
16. Bryan
17. Yoshimitsu
18. Dragunov
19. Steve
20. Bruce
21. Jack
22. Jun (for the story)

New
1. Kazumi
2. Shaheen
3. Lucky Chloe (with normal outfit)
4. Akuma

And 3 new characters for FR.

Sayah

Cool list tho.

Let me make mine. I copied your list and changed it here and there:

Returning
1. Heihachi
2. Kazuya/Devil
3. Jin
4. Feng
5. Law
6. Lee
7. Eddy
8. Hwoarang
9. Lei
10. Marduk
11. King
12. Paul
13. Lili
14. Xiaoyu
15. Nina
16. Bryan
17. Yoshimitsu
18. Dragunov
19. Steve
20. Bruce
21. Jack
22. Jun (for the story)

New
1. Kazumi
2. Shaheen
3. Lucky Chloe (with normal outfit)
4. Akuma

And 3 new characters for FR.

Nice! I forgot to add Akuma in there myself.

If they fail I will always have Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to play. But more than anything I want to see a Namco fighter built from the ground up on a next gen system with no legacy animations, design decisions, and game engines holding it back. For example: I'm willing to bet the fact that Tekken still can't get a rematch option without reloading the entire game again because of the way the fighting engine has been programmed and it's still the case with Tekken 7 even when SF and DOA figured it out. I'm sure if they start from scratch and design something from the ground up we'll see so many of these thing that are standard in other fighting series finally come to Tekken. And with that hopefully they'll be inspired to finally stop depending on so many Tekken 2 animations for their legacy cast.

I'm doubtful of such a game but we'll see.

DEATH™

I already mentioned her running grab. It's the Sling Blade. Unless you're talking about the air grab, Burning Hammer? She DEFINITELY should not be using that shit.

Basically, if they wanted to make a female character doing a shitload of suplexes, then at the very least give her some fucking muscles, or make her big.

This is the kind of character that should be doing that kind of stuff:

Running Neckbreaker Drop (not Sling Blade)

https://twitter.com/senorlariato/status/666786041420980225

TBQH I won't mind Changs being able to lift with their relatively small bodies. I've come to learn size =/= strength. But I do think animation matters in this one. Aside from Death Valley Drop, most of both Mich and Julia throws are momentum based (Snap Fisherman/German/Waist/Arm Lock Suplex). If they can add a bit more "snap" to it (a leg swing or a little hop) that would help.

BTW Code Red is more accurate lol.

Manbig

I think these are really valid complaints. But the complaints carry forward to King, Marduk, AKing as well in a few instances. I hate how the person getting hit cooperates with King and Marduk on some of their grabs. I hate how when Marduk does Goldberg's JackHammer or Armor King is doing the regular suplex the opponent isn't struggling to break out of it and flexes their abs to keep their legs upright. Seeing Paul's ultimate punishment is a huge breath of fresh air because the person is actually trying to struggle out of it before Paul does the chockehold. I want wrestling moves.. but I still want them to look visceral and as if they were legitimately landed. It's the sublte actions with how King does the tombstone verses Jack/Armor-King on how those moves are delivered which make all the difference.

About the Julia grabs specifically... I just wish Namco followed Virtua Fighter 5: FS design philosophy for giving the big/heavy characters their own unique throw animations.

https://youtu.be/G0eI2PCS-Ac?t=2m17s

I guess if it doesn't start from the powerbomb motion it isn't a canadian destroyer?

I don't mind the vertical suplex stuff as much because, because that's exactly how it goes in pro wrestling. You have to suspend your disbelief a lot to accept it in the pro wrestling world, let alone the video game world. I do agree that it wouldn't hurt for them to kick their legs around a bit.

The differences between the Canadian Destoryer and the Code Red are the points of impact. Canadian Destroyer ends up like a spike piledriver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys0lsFx6HuQ

The Code Red has the legs hooked around the arms to give it more of a driving effect to the back of the opponent's head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV9RkbArcU8

DEATH™;190844001 said:
Running Neckbreaker Drop (not Sling Blade)

https://twitter.com/senorlariato/status/666786041420980225

TBQH I won't mind Changs being able to lift with their relatively small bodies. I've come to learn size =/= strength. But I do think animation matters in this one. Aside from Death Valley Drop, most of both Mich and Julia throws are momentum based (Snap Fisherman/German/Waist/Arm Lock Suplex). If they can add a bit more "snap" to it (a leg swing or a little hop) that would help.

BTW Code Red is more accurate lol.

I forgot that Michelle had a different one. Yeah, I don't mind that one. It actually makes sense.

My beef isn't strictly size though. It's muscle. You have these flabby little ladies throwing around these dudes three times their sizes, and that just looks stupid. Yes, even in this game that has a ton of other stupid bullshit with animals, demons, robots, etc..., this is one of the big ones that sticks out for me personally.

Sure, a smaller person can suplex a bigger person, but they still have to be pretty damn built to pull it off.

AAK

I don't mind the vertical suplex stuff as much because, because that's exactly how it goes in pro wrestling. You have to suspend your disbelief a lot to accept it in the pro wrestling world, let alone the video game world. I do agree that it wouldn't hurt for them to kick their legs around a bit.

They don't even have to kick out of it... they can do it just like King's Screwdriver animation (The last part of his max damage Multi-Throw added in T5) where the opponent is just too broken to even flex their abs to keep their legs upright so it's just hanging. All the weight is being carried & balanced by King with that animation while complimenting King's strength and the presentation of an actual fight.

DEATH™

Also, as much as what I say about Snap Suplexes for Changs, Jepanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex should remain the same. That suplex was awesome.

Speaking of that, I really do wish Mich would stay a bit. I want her to be redesigned so she would have a more joshi wrestler moveset while Julia keeps her lucha moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom