• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

I'll be honest I played Sarah and she's rarely ever lifting anybody so I don't know for sure. But I saw it during EVO 2012 stream on Taka. I could've sworn I saw the same thing applied on Jeffrey. Apologies if I'm wrong there. But the fact of the matter is that it's still an extra detail that I expected to be a standard for fighting games a generation after it's implemented.

EDIT: But not do dickride VF too much, the inconsistent gravity of VF is a HUUUUGE detriment to that game's presentation and is by far the defining factor which brings the game below Tekken to me when it comes to overall presentation.

It's also kinda cool how this discussion evolved from boutdown's original post commending Kat's design haha.

av2k

Doesn't say Tekken 7.

Tekken HD Collection?

Btw isn't this from the same facebook dude that said Williams are in T7?

Dude's gonna get fired.

I don't believe in T7 PC.

9W4v71k.jpg

GrayFoxPL

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I wish all You Guys staying great health, successes in private and work life and for our little community LOT'S OF AWESOME TEKKEN!

OUUURRAAA!

NbVAtat.gif

Sayah

It's a new day year, yes it is.

My new year resolution is to bitch more about Tekken 7 so we can get it on consoles sooner.

Pachimari

I'm just bummed Josie is a Bruce rip-off but I'll take anything I can get now that I finally got my Filipina character.

I would keep Chloe, Kazumi, Katarina, Gigas and Josie (with new moveset). Actually, I don't think I would leave out any of the new characters. Maybe Claudio.

Dereck

When people mentioned that Tekken 7 is hard to watch because of the awful customization, I kind of understood what they were talking about.

Now, I completely understand what they were talking about.

Tekken 7 without customization is a completely different game.

My mind was so free of focusing on the customization that I was able to notice other things, like the character intro/outros, and the music.

The customization got so bad at times, that I forgot that this game had music.

This is ugly too, to me. Mismatching character art.

myVoIYy.png

Sayah

I'm just bummed Josie is a Bruce rip-off but I'll take anything I can get now that I finally got my Filipina character.

I would keep Chloe, Kazumi, Katarina, Gigas and Josie (with new moveset). Actually, I don't think I would leave out any of the new characters. Maybe Claudio.

Claudio is the best new character.............

When people mentioned that Tekken 7 is hard to watch because of the awful customization, I kind of understood what they were talking about.

Now, I completely understand what they were talking about.

Tekken 7 without customization is a completely different game.

My mind was so free of focusing on the customization that I was able to notice other things, like the character intro/outros, and the music.

The customization got so bad at times, that I forgot that this game had music.

This is ugly too, to me. Mismatching character art.

myVoIYy.png

The customizations single-handedly ruined my hype for the game.
Going to the arcade and seeing everything in a clean format and then coming home only to see Japan/Korea vids with some of the most atrocious customs ever to be created was annoying me substantially.

But I'm back on the hype train now with FR.

Sayah

I've tried liking it as well but SF never clicked with me on a competitive level.

Though I wouldn't extend that to the 2D subgenre at large. I loved MvC3, for example.

I don't want to play SFV the game is so fucking wack & there is no one in the roster that I like. I'm just so fucking bored of not playing anyone in anything that I'm willing to play any fighting game that people around me will play. My area has a huge Smash scene but that game is such trash it's not even worth considering putting time into.

Sayah

oh you will

you all will

Maybe I'll give in and buy it on a last whim.

That's how I bought SFXTK.

I don't want to play SFV the game is so fucking wack & there is no one in the roster that I like. I'm just so fucking bored of not playing anyone in anything that I'm willing to play any fighting game that people around me will play. My area has a huge Smash scene but that game is such trash it's not even worth considering putting time into.

Smash 4 is pretty amazing though.

AAK

Hope everyone has a great new years and has a happy & fruitful 2016! Also, made the request for the title change. Keep working hard Tekken GAF!

Dereck

Guys, don't buy consoles or handhelds at launch, don't buy things because they are new things.

Don't buy new consoles or handhelds when you know you really only want to play maybe 1-2 games, save your money, put it in the bank and leave it there.

New year, new lessons.

Actually, seriously about to go to Gamestop and sell them my Xbox One for $15 because I can't stand the thought of a console sitting in my headquarters not getting any attention.

#lessons

Sayah

Created a Nina CG mini video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OxI-3LOFtg&feature=youtu.be
Any thoughts?

Guys, don't buy consoles or handhelds at launch, don't buy things because they are new things.

Don't buy new consoles or handhelds when you know you really only want to play maybe 1-2 games, save your money, put it in the bank and leave it there.

New year, new lessons.

Actually, seriously about to go to Gamestop and sell them my Xbox One for $15 because I can't stand the thought of a console sitting in my headquarters not getting any attention.

#lessons

I don't buy consoles until I know there's a game I want on it.
Wii U - bought for Smash Bros. 4/Bayonetta 2
PS4 - bought early on in anticipation for Bloodborne

AAK

And there we go! Thanks Shouta :)

But I guess I couldn't get TTT2 changed to Tekken. Makes sense if an OT is dedicated to a specific game rather than a series.

New year, new lessons.

#lessons

I actually really want an xbone to play Scalebound... but yeah I've been following that advice all year. I think 2015 was the least amount of games I've ever purchased since I got my PS3. I only bought MGSV and MKX. And then I got Wolfenstein on the PSN sale and the DOA5 Marie/Nyo/Momiji/Raido DLC.

That's pretty well done! Great choice on the music. How long did that take you?

Sayah

I like this new title.
Good job AAK.

That's pretty well done! Great choice on the music. How long did that take you?

Thanks. It didn't take too long. ~1 to 1.5 hours.

Though, I wish I hadn't left the end as a long cutscene from BV.

Dereck

Scalebound is not enough for me to keep the XBOX ONE.

Why did I buy an XBOX ONE?

Anywho, getting ready to jetpack to Gamestop and hand them this shit, I'll give them my Vita and 3DS too.

#gettinpocketchange

Pachimari

I'm selling mine today. Got all the exclusives but none of them interests me. I'm fine with PS4, 3DS and Steam. Thankfully, when I bought it back in November, it was during a sale.

Sayah

Happy new year.

I still have no idea what the thread title is referencing.

Living in North America/Europe means you're being "regionally discriminated" against since you don't have access to the game like Asia does.
NinthPixel had made a post where he used that phrase and then edited the post out.

I caught the post before he edited and thought that phrase was hilarious.

Nice work! Great music selection, and great capture of action sequences.

Thanks!

Nice! Nina's Tag2 ending is so boss. The way she runs away shooting rifle backwards =
W3ktGiA.jpg

Yep. That ending is so boss. Best ending she's ever had. Running forward and shooting backward......is so cool.

And then using her thighs to break a neck. So good.

Can I get the 360 online pass discounted somewhere? And if so, is the online still active there?

Not sure about 360 but PSN is still very active.

Anywho, getting ready to jetpack to Gamestop and hand them this shit, I'll give them my Vita and 3DS too.

#gettinpocketchange

Trading with gamestop is almost never worth it.

Truthfully, instead of buying a console just follow a list on Logical Increments and build yourself a PC. You'll be proud of what you put together and it will be 5x faster than a PS4 on mid range parts. I roll my eyes to hear my PS4 huff and puff to run games my PC can run+browse web+stream+you name it and barely hear fan run. If PlayStation 5 isn't announced at this year's E3 I will be shocked.

Sayah, I re-edited that post to be about 75% accurate of what I actually said. I often write out my grievances and then delete the post. That one slipped through, but I guess it wasn't too bad. I feel so stupid to have so much pain to be left out, but it's there.

I think some of it is because of a local friend who loved Tekken so much, looked forward to playing Tekken Tag 2, but he died a couple months before Tag 2 came out on console. That and Wing Zero from ATL dying, Xiao player in ATL was murdered, and my best friend's brother also died and he liked Tekken too. I mean, Is Tekken as a series going to out live it's overseas fans in wait time? Obviously, it is not anything Harada can control or anything like that, but it definitely adds to the hurt of waiting.

P.S. Nice Nina video. The music died down a bit much in the middle during an action sequence, but awesome video none the less.

Sayah

Edit: Also, I turned on the Wii after like three years to play Xenoblade Chronicles.

My first reaction is........"wow - how did I ever play games in standard definition."
Such ugly blurry jank hurting my eyes.

Truthfully, instead of buying a console just follow a list on Logical Increments and build yourself a PC. You'll be proud of what you put together and it will be 5x faster than a PS4 on mid range parts. I roll my eyes to hear my PS4 huff and puff to run games my PC can run+browse web+stream+you name it and barely hear fan run. If PlayStation 5 isn't announced at this year's E3 I will be shocked.

Sayah, I re-edited that post to be about 75% accurate of what I actually said. I often write out my grievances and then delete the post. That one slipped through, but I guess it wasn't too bad. I feel so stupid to have so much pain to be left out, but it's there.

I think some of it is because of a local friend who loved Tekken so much, looked forward to playing Tekken Tag 2, but he died a couple months before Tag 2 came out on console. That and Wing Zero from ATL dying, Xiao player in ATL was murdered, and my best friend's brother also died and he liked Tekken too. I mean, Is Tekken as a series going to out live it's overseas fans in wait time? Obviously, it is not anything Harada can control or anything like that, but it definitely adds to the hurt of waiting.

P.S. Nice Nina video. The music died down a bit much in the middle during an action sequence, but awesome video none the less.

Thanks for sharing that. I want to build a high-end PC. My gaming laptop has been pretty good so far but I want a desktop now.

And damn. All these depressing death stories. Cheer up man. No one lives forever. Just live your life to the fullest until that day comes.

Title makes no sense. I thought we were moving to a 3rd OT, why did we just rename this one and not change the name to include Tekken?

OT3 can only happen at 20k posts.

Can we at least change the title to Tekken Tag 2 OT2. No other OT uses an entirely abbreviated acronym for a title. It makes it hard to tell what game it's for.

Sayah

Can we at least change the title to Tekken Tag 2 OT2. No other OT uses an entirely abbreviated acronym for a title. It makes it hard to tell what game it's for.

AAK can make that request.

The title definitely fits the character limit as follows:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

AAK

Damn I completely forgot to wish AV a happy birthday on Wednesday. A belated wish from us to you. Hope you had a fabulous new years!

AAK can make that request.

The title definitely fits the character limit as follows:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

I actually requested it to be changed to Tekken |OT| Pulse of the... But I guess that didn't fly with Shouta. I will make the request to change it to the full name from the acronym and see if that works.

Dereck

Bandai thought just because they released a new arcade release trailer with no release date or year that we just gon' forgive them for all their sins and shit.

To a new year of Bandai Namco chastising.

1gYI8SZ.gif

Numb

Happy b-day brother
Hope to get bodied by you one day.
Bandai thought just because they released a new arcade release trailer with no release date or year that we just gon' forgive them for all their sins and shit.

To a new year of Bandai Namco chastising.

1gYI8SZ.gif
We got an entire year ahead of us.
Strap in.

AAK

I don't think I can ever forgive Namco for celebrating their 25th anniversary of the Tekken franchise with a freaking LC trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom