• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I want Josie to speak Tagalog or at least Tagenglish and she better have a thick accent too.
Tagalog would be great, but maybe too good for it to become reality. She's just speaking pure English now isn't she?

I can't wait to do some hard kicking combos with her.

lupinko

Was expecting her to speak her mother tongue too
Never too late Namco

Of course it's never too late, look how fast Bamco fixed Lili, Leo, Koreans, Capos and so forth.

English is one of the languages of the Philippines so there is that technicality but meh.

Rajang

Tagalog would be great, but maybe too good for it to become reality. She's just speaking pure English now isn't she?

I can't wait to do some hard kicking combos with her.

Yeah.

"Get ready to flyyyyyyyyyyy!"

Hope we can cosplay Josie as Bruce, lol.

lupinko

Get ready to fly is okay, because it's so corny. Lol

Anyway for Shaheen, suggestions (mainly from a friend who is an Arabic speaker).

1) Have him speak an actual dialect, the Modern Standard Arabic he uses is only for the nightly news, no one talks like that. Having him speak like say a Gulf dialect would give him more character for example.

2) New win quote!
سأدرّسك التواضع بقبضتي

(I'll teach you modesty with my fists.)

That's about it. :)

AAK

Can we please not do this every time Josie and Chloe come up?

Sorry if I offended.

What's wrong with the meows? If you want that out then King should stop acting like a jaguar then.

You know, if she actually had a cat themed battle attire analogous to King's with a realsitic mask/fur without any obtrusive accessories and makes her entire gimmick about making threatening cat noises it would have been far more tolerable than the mockery we got with T7 LC.

Sayah

I like Chloe's win poses.

It's so salt heavy.

"Seeeeeeee you nest taem.....baaaaaiiiii"

AAK has a valid point against the costume though. Even the cosplayer dropped the check during the awards ceremony for KotIF tourney......and gave a gasp with her kitty paws. lmao.

How can anyone fight in that ridiculous outfit?

lupinko

Sorry if I offended.

You know, if she actually had a cat themed battle attire analogous to King's with a realsitic mask/fur without any obtrusive accessories and makes her entire gimmick about making threatening cat noises it would have been far more tolerable than the mockery we got with T7 LC.

She does have cat attire though, just cutesy kitty cat attire.

Also they never go full furry with female characters ever, look at SF4's furry costumes.

Sayah

So basically Catwoman.

I think everyone's just learned to accept Lucky Chloe for the joke she is.
Sort of like Dan in Street Fighter.

Now all the stream monster get hyped when she's on because she brings the salt.

AAK

I should have emphasized:

What we got is not that, at all.

Sayah

Also they never go full furry with female characters ever, look at SF4's furry costumes.

I have a love/hate attitude towards Chloe.

On the one hand, the Engrish is super cute and the playstyle is interesting.

On the other hand, I can fathom a character we could have had in place of her. An actual, serious female fighter that's entering a legit King of the Iron Fist Tournament where the strongest fighters from around the world come to display skill.

If characters like Chloe and Josie are entering the tournament, then the Mishima Zaibatsu must not be recruiting good talent from around the world.

lupinko

I should have emphasized:

What we got is not that, at all.

That works for male manly characters in Japanese games or animation or print, it doesn't work with female characters, cutesy or sexy.

I have a love/hate attitude towards Chloe.

On the one hand, the Engrish is super cute and the playstyle is interesting.

On the other hand, I can fathom a character we could have had in place of her. An actual, serious female fighter that's entering a legit King of the Iron Fist Tournament where the strongest fighters from around the world come to display skill.

If characters like Chloe and Josie are entering the tournament, then the Mishima Zaibatsu must not be recruiting good talent from around the world.

How is it any different from Sakura in SF? Or Momoko or Hinako in KOF?

Or any other fighting game? They've dedicated games to this demographic. Lol

I can't believe I'm playing devil's advocate for Chloe. Lmao

Edit: Especially Eileen in VF.

AAK

That works for male manly characters in Japanese games or animation or print, it doesn't work with female characters, cutesy or sexy.

100% disagree here. It definitely would work if they tried.

Those characters can still harm someone when they swing their fist at them. Despite their "insert pandering stereotype" gimmick, their design still allows them to fulfill their function within the fighting game.

Rajang

Lucky Chloe is the shit.

"Aaah you wuready?"

"Wan! Two!"

"Yah!"

"Luckyyy!"

"Yatta ne!"

"Seeee you next time! Baaaiii!"

images

lupinko

100% disagree here. It definitely would work if they tried.

Those characters can still harm someone when they swing their fist at them. Despite their "insert pandering stereotype" gimmick, their design still allows them to fulfill their function within the fighting game.

Really? Momoko or Hinako from KOF? Or any other character from anime games?

At the end of the day Tekken is and has always been anime.

I'm surprised it took Chloe for people to notice long after animals, dinosaurs, and robots.

Sayah

Eating pomegranate right now. It may be a pain to get all the seeds out but putting a spoonful of seeds into your mouth is bliss...mmmm..right up there with mangoes and oranges as the best fruit.

Wha?

Sakura in SF is no where close in attire or personality to Chloe.

lupinko

Eating pomegranate right now. It may be a pain to get all the seeds out but putting a spoonful of seeds into your mouth is bliss...mmmm..right up there with mangoes and oranges as the best fruit.

Wha?

Sakura in SF is no where close in attire or personality to Chloe.

Sakura is pretty much Ryu lite so...i don't get the comparison there.

I meant cutesy girly girls, was drawing a blank there for SF but eh, it doesn't matter the game is and has always been anime. If you don't want anime go play MK or VF.

Is Chloe still butt? Or is she in a good spot now?

She's B tier last I checked, but she's at the bottom with gigas.

Tekken 7 has pretty good balance compared to most games.

Anyway I'm done talking about Chloe, I just read really asinine stuff about other games that makes me glad I decided on taking up Tekken.

Oh and I guess living in Japan helps too. Lol

Pachimari

I love Chloe. So much that I'm gonna get a figure of her. She's cute and her costume is awesome. I think my mains will be something like:

1. Josie Rizal
2. Marshall Law
3. Lucky Chloe

lupinko

Okay the age of me playing other characters has begun today with Kazumi. I just need to watch some vids and figure out BNBs to start with since at this low level it'll be enough not to dig her into a hole. Also many players at beginner usually unless they're experienced and just using new characters can't break throws. It's really refreshing compared to what I play against with Kat.

So thanks and sucks to me playing Kat, which definitely has improved recently.

I'll also start playing Tag 2 at home to work on Lili, Drag and Bruce.

Any ideas for aura colours for Lili?

Kat - Green
Kazumi - Purple
Lili - ???

I have purple / red / green / blue, so it all works.

Dunno if I should give Momma Kaz a tan I gave Kat and Lili tans. I only have two tan tickets left.

You can't get them again unless Bamco does another promo.

Pachimari

Give Lili a tan, not Kazumi. And give Lili a pink aura, if you don't have that one, give her a red. Would probably look real fancy. :)

LowParry

Man you guys get upset over some silly things in games. It's also kind of discouraging when you recommend some new people to come hop on over to the Tekken Community here in GAF and you see some really off the all statements.

All that aside, glad to see Ling getting some buffs this time around. MarkMan's opinion of her being at the top is encouraging. I'll have to toss her into the lab again to get back into the flow of her stances.

lupinko

Give Lili a tan, not Kazumi. And give Lili a pink aura, if you don't have that one, give her a red. Would probably look real fancy. :)

Yeah Lili already has a tan, same goes with Kat. Okay I guess Red will look nice on Lili.

Those are the only aura colours out right now I think.

I have other generic customs too for female characters too.

Playing Tekken dress up is half the fun! Lol

AAK

Really? Momoko or Hinako from KOF? Or any other character from anime games?

At the end of the day Tekken is and has always been anime.

I'm surprised it took Chloe for people to notice long after animals, dinosaurs, and robots.

No one's denying that Tekken is anime, but anime is as broad of a term as film. There is anime like Grave Of The Fireflies and then there's anime like Pokemon. It's an incredibly wide spectrum and the type of anime Tekken evoked was so much more of a hybrid between Akira/Jin-rio cyberpunk futuristic setting with a HnK/Samurai-X martial arts twist. And yes, you're right that those other Japanese fighting games you mentioned stretch far more beyond into that Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh fantasy themed anime.

The robots definitely do belong in that setting, they are much more of a homage to the Schwarzenegger Terminator image. The animals were just palate swaps of King or Jack initially and were basically afterthoughts compared to the core cast that were based on various fighting styles. I still believe the animals are leagues and magnitudes inferior to every other character present in Tekken with the way they're currently animated. Regardless of that, those animals (and robots) still share that commonality with other cast members with the simple fact that they have a threatening presence. You still see that their design contributing at least loosely in a fight. Hence why their inclusions don't draw the same amount of criticism as LC.

Manbig

If bears, dinosaurs, or robots attacked me in the street, I would run for my life.

If Lucky Chloe attacked me in the street, I would lose the fight due to laughing too hard at the sheer stupidity of the situation.

sasuke_91

Numb's photo looks like a cover for an album. Looking good bro :D

Preparing them is tiring, but it's so worth it :D

Way too shiny. She looks like she's made out of jelly.

That's rad as shit.

One thing, Japanese text makes cover art look cooler.

Kanji is the coolest looking shit on earth.
Right behind Arabic caligraphy of course :p

Nice stuff GrayFox!

GrayFoxPL

Numb's photo looks like a cover for an album. Looking good bro :D

Preparing them is tiring, but it's so worth it :D

Way too shiny. She looks like she's made out of jelly.

Kanji is the coolest looking shit on earth.
Right behind Arabic caligraphy of course :p

Nice stuff GrayFox!
Thanks!

Arabic game titles would be pretty cool looking.

Numb's and Bout's avatars are the real deal?!

Good looking, skilled Tekken players and from.... GAF at that?

hZunE3C.gif

Fake like Lars's birth certificate. ;P

Numb

Gray pls
all of TekkenGaf is like that

---

Thought about finally learning Lei today then realized he ain't in Tekken 7 yet
Always find excuses to avoid learning him.

GrayFoxPL

Gray pls
all of TekkenGaf is like that

kdHcN20.gif

---
Thought about finally learning Lei today then realized he ain't in Tekken 7 yet
Always find excuses to avoid learning him.

Wait, wait, wait! You thought you could learn Lei just like that?

7cdoWm0.gif

No, no, no.

First you must watch 47 times each flick.

Project A 1&2
Armour of God 1&2
Police Story Trilogy
Drunken Master 1&2
Wheels on Meals
Spiritual Kung Fu

and last but the best movie ever made:
Snake's in the Eagle's Shadow.

After that you can start learning Lei. ;)

SGn6Q2g.jpg

This looks like a Tekken OT, so I'm just gonna paste this post I typed up in the FGC thread and see if you guys can assist me:

So um DoA lit up an interest in 3D fighters, I know it's considered easier than other fighting games though.

That said, how tough would it be to get into Tekken? I'm thinking about Tekken 7 when it hits consoles in whenever it's "done." I need more of these games, they're a lot of fun!

Numb

kdHcN20.gif

---

Wait, wait, wait! You thought you could learn Lei just like that?

7cdoWm0.gif

No, no, no.

First you must watch 47 times each flick.

Project A 1&2
Armour of God 1&2
Police Story Trilogy
Drunken Master 1&2
Wheels on Meals
Spiritual Kung Fu

and last but the best movie ever made:
Snake's in the Eagle's Shadow.

After that you can start learning Lei. ;)

SGn6Q2g.jpg
my top 3 actrs. Seen most of those
Had the brighT idea of learning Lei while watching Forbidden Kingdom and this shows up

20080418_dn_g11ffor18f.jpg

Happens everytime i see Jackie
That new Dragon Blade movie he is in is garbage tho
One of Chinas most expensive movies means shit
This looks like a Tekken OT, so I'm just gonna paste this post I typed up in the FGC thread and see if you guys can assist me:
Take it slow at first
Check your movelist and the excution itself isn't hard compared to most fighters but rememebring the strings is. Movement is as important as it is hard in this. One of the biggest things but you won't need to be great at it instantly

GrayFoxPL

my top 3 actrs. Seen most of those
Had the brighT idea of learning Lei while watching Forbidden Kingdom and this shows up

20080418_dn_g11ffor18f.jpg

Happens everytime i see Jackie
That new Dragon Blade movie he is in is garbage tho
One of Chinas most expensive movies means shit
Take it slow at first
Check your movelist and the excution itself isn't hard compared to most fighters but rememebring the strings is. Movement is as important as it is hard in this. One of the biggest things but you won't need to be great at it instantly

Jackie's the man.

I like Dragon Blade for the loltastic Adrien Brody performance. Really brought this comedy to life.

Jackie's recent movies aren't up to scratch. He just can't do sequel's to Police Story or Armor of God anymore.

But one of his recent movie everyone should watch is Little Big Soldier. It's a great movie, without any pseudo blockbuster/remake shit attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom