• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Jackie's the man.

I like Dragon Blade for the loltastic Adrien Brody performance. Really brought this comedy to life.

Jackie's recent movies aren't up to scratch. He just can't do sequel's to Police Story or Armor of God anymore.

But one of his recent movie everyone should watch is Little Big Soldier. It's a great movie, without any pseudo blockbuster/remake shit attached.

Haven't seen that yet. Will give it a look

-----

@Captain also check out Levelupyourgame and Avoidingthepuddle on youtube. They got a decent amount of tutorials for the games and characters

I'm guessing it's fine to start with Tag Tournament 2 since that seems to be the most recent entry. I appreciate the responses so far, I wasn't expecting the OT to be this active but I'm grateful for it. :)

Doomshine

I'm guessing it's fine to start with Tag Tournament 2 since that seems to be the most recent entry. I appreciate the responses so far, I wasn't expecting the OT to be this active but I'm grateful for it. :)

Tag 2 is fine to start with, just need to remember that bound will be switched out in T7 and that a bunch of characters will probably not return.

Also no tag in T7 obviously.

GrayFoxPL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtfopbiZGQQ

Good customization.

Shit is like finding Mewtwo in Pallet Town.

Watching this now too.
I don't really like the idea of Kuma being skinned and worn like a hat tho.

Btw. One thing pretty shocked me when Harada commented about questions of blood in Tekken.

I was expecting comment like: "Blood never would fit in Tekken", "Not that kind of game" etc.
But Harada said something among the lines: "Arcade owners(in Japan?) prefer wide range of age demographic for games so bloody games aren't that welcome."

Something like that. Maybe someone can correct me.

I was pretty taken aback.

So Tekken could have been bloody by design if it was profitable (and allowed) in arcades in Japan?

iFNijvs.gif

So that green mist in early revisions of Tekken 1&2 was there because they rated it as blood?

I never imagined a gory Tekken, but...
Could it work?

Manbig

This looks like a Tekken OT, so I'm just gonna paste this post I typed up in the FGC thread and see if you guys can assist me:

Depends on how far you wanna go with it really. The higher level you aim for, the harder the required techniques and knowledge requirement. I get that every fighting game is like that, but Tekken is a step or two above in difficulty to the rest of them.

At the ground level though, it's great, and fairly easy to get into. If possible, try to find someone else at a low level to play consistently with and learn together. That's always the fun way to pick up games in this genre, and will generally lead to a much smoother learning process for both you and your possible rival(s).

Sayah

If you need help in Tag 2 - people like ZTS, AAK, or I (and others) here will be happy to mentor/help you.

Thank goodness there's an online training mode in this game.

Sayah

There are numb and boutdown's real photos?
HandsomeGAF

If bears, dinosaurs, or robots attacked me in the street, I would run for my life.

If Lucky Chloe attacked me in the street, I would lose the fight due to laughing too hard at the sheer stupidity of the situation.

LMAO

lolololol-gif.gif

Man you guys get upset over some silly things in games. It's also kind of discouraging when you recommend some new people to come hop on over to the Tekken Community here in GAF and you see some really off the all statements.

All that aside, glad to see Ling getting some buffs this time around. MarkMan's opinion of her being at the top is encouraging. I'll have to toss her into the lab again to get back into the flow of her stances.

I'll stop posting negative things.

I'll tilt my scales to the power of positivity side.

tumblr_nrqlzjJURt1s6efcxo1_400.gif

lupinko

Anyway I renewed my tekken net for the month and I decided to try and get the new items for Shaheen, Kat, Drag and Lili as the four fall under Group B.

But I got these instead:

cDbTp4U.png

I'm not complaining even though it was basically $13 USD spent, I can either use said items or resell them for Gold.

For example the extra Jack cost this much.

CYLEXkL.png

I'm going to do another Kazumi custom with what I have, anyway I figure for console this is how Bamco will profit on costumes.

No more easy unlocks like the old days hello random grind and requirement of gold AND orbs to develop items.

These paid items don't need to be developed by the way.

I'll give Kazumi those wings.

lupinko

Any ideas?

Colours?

nMoDDsc.png

fy5oUNW.png

Which upper body item? Idolmaster Momma Kaz has the snowflake.

d9wW5ol.png

Those are on hand items, I got other undeveloped items like that pizza, shuriken, morning star, toy hammer, and the like.

I gave her purple aura just like idolmaster Kazumi.

And would this hair work?

f9bBZnU.png

I got mad gold and orbs right now, how much gold? 11.3 million.

At least you got Xiao's school costume .

That's true! I also have her Shunya Yamashita panel and her idolmaster outfit.

I'll just sit on these items for characters I don't plan on using right now. They can always be resold later. There really should be a trade option in addition to selling the items. Trade for similar ranked items, doesn't matter if it's random but keep trading though it may defeat this entire concept of gaming the player.

Edit: okay it all worked out.

dbinb1c.jpg

oV9OPqT.jpg

The hair could be better but it's what I got right now.

Fingers To Fight Tekken Tag 2 Online Tournament 28 sign ups are live! Holiday break is over, it is time to get back into it.

lupinko, looks good. With that outfit I would personally pick, Upper, 1 - White, 2 - Red, 3 - Black; Lower, 1- White, 2 - Black, 3 - Black

lupinko

Fingers To Fight Tekken Tag 2 Online Tournament 28 sign ups are live! Holiday break is over, it is time to get back into it.

lupinko, looks good. With that outfit I would personally pick, Upper, 1 - White, 2 - Red, 3 - Black; Lower, 1- White, 2 - Black, 3 - Black

I have every colour but black unlocked which sucks so I can't do your recommendation for now.

Pachimari

I would give her black hair, only so that it resembles her default more.

I really miss Tekken right now, and my Marshall Law. :(

I don't remember, is Tekken 7 available in the Philippines? Because I'm going there this April and I would be insanely thrilled to try it out.

lupinko

I would give her black hair, only so that it resembles her default more.

I really miss Tekken right now, and my Marshall Law. :(

I don't remember, is Tekken 7 available in the Philippines? Because I'm going there this April and I would be insanely thrilled to try it out.

I don't have black unlocked for hair either. :(

And yes Philippines has Tekken 7.

Basically Asia Pacific and Oceania have Tekken 7.

So yes that means Australia and New Zealand somehow have the game yet the other five eyes countries don't.

On the topic of Lei, I've always pondered learning him as a partner for Yoshi, but that screams Team Hatemail so bad I've shyed away from it.

Plus I think he has the largest movelist in the game, which makes it feel like learning Yoshi all over again.

This talk has me in the Tekken mood, which makes me wonder even more... When is Tag 2 making the PS4 port? I'm hoping that it revitalizes the game again.

Pachimari

Oh woah! Then I'm gonna play Tekken 7 in 3 months!!! I hope they have the Banna stuff too, so I can unlock stuff and save it to my profile. Is there a place were I can see where in the Philippines the game is available?

lupinko

Oh woah! Then I'm gonna play Tekken 7 in 3 months!!! I hope they have the Banna stuff too, so I can unlock stuff and save it to my profile. Is there a place were I can see where in the Philippines the game is available?

Here you go.

http://web.tekken-net.org/tk7/top/location/catalog/country/DiQwAs3AARvE_ypNR07SRw==

And yeah they also have Banapassports and those can be used on any version, so say you visit Korea, Japan or Singapore or Australia, it doesn't matter.

Toon (the player during my Kurokuro commentary) is from Thailand and used his Thai Banapass fine in Japan. Same applies to Koreans when visiting Japan.

Pachimari

Here you go.

http://web.tekken-net.org/tk7/top/location/catalog/country/DiQwAs3AARvE_ypNR07SRw==

And yeah they also have Banapassports and those can be used on any version, so say you visit Korea, Japan or Singapore or Australia, it doesn't matter.

Toon (the player during my Kurokuro commentary) is from Thailand and used his Thai Banapass fine in Japan. Same applies to Koreans when visiting Japan.
Woooooaaaahh! They have it at Alabang Town Center, SM Megamall and Mall of Asia! Wow wow wow. I'm gonna save up a considerable amount of money just for those arcade machines. I might even stick around Manila more than planned.

Though I'm not optimistic, that I'll get to try out Fated Retribution, that one's probably gonna take time distributing. Or will they just update the current arcade machines to FR? Or will they deliver all new arcade machines?

lupinko

Woooooaaaahh! They have it at Alabang Town Center, SM Megamall and Mall of Asia! Wow wow wow. I'm gonna save up a considerable amount of money just for those arcade machines. I might even stick around Manila more than planned.

Though I'm not optimistic, that I'll get to try out Fated Retribution, that one's probably gonna take time distributing. Or will they just update the current arcade machines to FR? Or will they deliver all new arcade machines?

I don't know if FR will be a patched expansion but it could be since they are really focusing on server distribution now. That or it's a separate board like usual.

Oh right you use the website to do customizations, so make an account on that Asia Pacific/Oceania Tekken site and later link it to your card whenever you get one if you haven't done it already.

Pachimari

Oh thank you for helping me out. I'm gonna make an account first thing in the morning.

I'm also gonna have to borrow my parents PS3, so that I can practice Bruce Irvin in Tag 2 with my arcade stick. Just so that I am used to it when I'm sitting with Tekken 7.

I'm getting all giddy now. I can't wait to try out Josie Rizal!

ShinMaruku

I meant cutesy girly girls, was drawing a blank there for SF but eh, it doesn't matter the game is and has always been anime. If you don't want anime go play MK or VF.

She's B tier last I checked, but she's at the bottom with gigas.

Tekken 7 has pretty good balance compared to most games.

Anyway I'm done talking about Chloe, I just read really asinine stuff about other games that makes me glad I decided on taking up Tekken.

Oh and I guess living in Japan helps too. Lol

Oh is she? People are trying to scam me into this game due to me knowing a little about 3d games... >_>

lupinko

Oh is she? People are trying to scam me into this game due to me knowing a little about 3d games... >_>

You can still use Chloe, she's not garbage gameplay wise, Tekken nowadays isn't like other fighting games where there are legit garbage characters that require master skill and luck to win with.

But if you want to use a female character that's really strong it's Lili in this game, but really everybody is quite good.

ShinMaruku

You can still use Chloe, she's not garbage gameplay wise, Tekken nowadays isn't like other fighting games where there are legit garbage characters that require master skill and luck to win with.

But if you want to use a female character that's really strong it's Lili in this game, but really everybody is quite good.

Good to know. :)

Sayah

Lupinko - would you wear a green open jacket, red shirt, and blue pants in public?
I'm not at all a fan of rainbow color designs.

Sayah

If I get a good group to play I'll give Tekken a shot, however if it's the usual suspects I see then they can go get the loot.

After you get invested into Tekken - it's hard to find other fighting games that give an equal level of satisfaction.

Or at least that has been my experience/story.

Like recently, I've been trying MKX - and while it's great and all - and I surprisingly really like the game - it still feels shallow compared to the available options and depth in Tekken.

ShinMaruku

After you get invested into Tekken - it's hard to find other fighting games that give an equal level of satisfaction.

Like recently, I've been trying MKX - and while it's great and all - and I surprisingly really like the game - it still feels shallow compared to the available options and depth in Tekken.

You must remember MKX is a 2d game and it has different things that it has to give into. If you are in Tekken you should try VF it's quite similar, hell I think all 3d fighting games have something you can get different things from. 3d has the best movement and just spacial recognition.

Sayah

You must remember MKX is a 2d game and it has different things that it has to give into. If you are in Tekken you should try VF it's quite similar, hell I think all 3d fighting games have something you can get different things from. 3d has the best movement and just spacial recognition.

I've tried all the main 3D fighters as well - including VF5, DoA5, and SCV. And yes - they're all awesome.

lupinko

Lupinko - would you wear a green open jacket, red shirt, and blue pants in public?
I'm not at all a fan of rainbow color designs.

It works for Blue Mary. *shrugs*

blue-mary-king-fighters-maximum-impact-regulation-picture.jpg

I still like other games too but since I've invested a lot of time into Tekken 7 I really concur with this statement.

lupinko

How beginner friendly is Josie if you mind me answering? Her pace seems to be something I could give a shot.

If you want a primer for Josie, you can try Bruce in the older games. Josie has his inputs (though she has a bunch of changes that make her pretty different like say Ryu and Ken being different in older games or even now depending on who you ask).

She's not really technical or execution heavy as say Steve or a Mishima male.

DEATH™

It works for Blue Mary. *shrugs*

blue-mary-king-fighters-maximum-impact-regulation-picture.jpg

I still like other games too but since I've invested a lot of time into Tekken 7 I really concur with this statement.

It works with blue mary because the green isn't too saturated and its not a "pure" green hue wise. Bright saturated Red as the attention getter and dark blue and not saturated dark green acts as hue and value contrast to the bright red.

And the left pic proves the point of too saturated green makes it look bad. At least worse than the right.

And just like that I am frustrated again with my art progress... Studied the theory so well but can't apply the things I learned on my drawings... T_T

Pachimari

This is true. I'm currently sitting with Dead or Alive 5, Mortal Kombat X (having played both series since the early days) and Guilty Gear Xrd (which is a new one to me), and none of them gives me the same satisfaction as Tekken. There's just something addicting and fulfilling to Tekken that I don't find in any other fighting game. Not even in Soul Calibur or Virtua Fighter (which is a hell of a good fighter too).

How beginner friendly is Josie if you mind me answering? Her pace seems to be something I could give a shot.

Another one gonna main my main? That's my bro!

Oh right you use the website to do customizations, so make an account on that Asia Pacific/Oceania Tekken site and later link it to your card whenever you get one if you haven't done it already.

I'm about to sign up. But if I choose Europe as my location, will I still be able to use the Banapass to play? I'm just thinking, it's not out in Scandinavia, so maybe I wouldn't be able to play. Even though my logic says that it doesn't matter.

[edit]
Oh! I already have a Bandai Namco ID. Wonder when I made that one.

[edit]
I can't enter my Bandai Namco profile from my country it says:

It can not be accessed from your registration country of residence.

[edit 2]
I deleted my Bandai Namco profile, and is trying to create a new one, and is now getting this message lol:

Registration and editing are unavailable for the time being.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please wait a while and try again. (863)

[edit 3]
Made a new profile. And inquired Namco Bandai to move my username from my old profile to my new one.

[edit 4]
Oh, I get the same error, that I can't access my profile from my registration of country, even though I set it to Philippines. Strange.

I have played every mainly Tekken game yet I still suck ass. I'm also pretty new to Neogaf and forums in general. But it would be much appreciated if I could get some help in Tag 2. I have a lot of issue with inputs and dropping combos.

sasuke_91

I have played every mainly Tekken game yet I still suck ass. I'm also pretty new to Neogaf and forums in general. But it would be much appreciated if I could get some help in Tag 2. I have a lot of issue with inputs and dropping combos.

Hi there! Where are you from and what platform do you play TTT2 on?

Also yeah, the crying is way too cringy... Bruce never did that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom