• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
They can have her cry, but either make it completely silent, or limited to like... a deep breath or something, and not one of those orgasmic anime gasps or whatever the hell those are. The crying sound she has now belongs to a 6 year old who fell and scraped her knee.

Hi there! Where are you from and what platform do you play TTT2 on?

Also yeah, the crying is way too cringy... Bruce never did that!

The UK, PS3. I played a lot over Uni with roommates, like 1-2 hours a day but stopped for like a year, I only have time on weekends and Friday evenings GMT and my I main Dragunov.

sasuke_91

The UK, PS3. I played a lot over Uni with roommates, like 1-2 hours a day but stopped for like a year, I only have time on weekends and Friday evenings GMT and my I main Dragunov.

Add me: UchihaSasuke_91
I'm from Germany. Friday evenings sounds good.

I plan to learn Dragunov as well.

Numb

Another Euro to play with.
Good!
And a Jojo fan
i think
Even better!

psn- imtherealkratos
Gonna pick up my parents PS3 in a few hours, and thus download Tag 2!

Time to get up in Bruce to prepare for Josie
You know where to find me if you wanna play

Another Euro to play with.
Good!
And a Jojo fan
i think
Even better!

psn- imtherealkratos

Even Speedwagon is afraid!

I'm not caught up with Stardust just yet. Yea I'll add you all when I get back. I'm pretty bad at the moment and I can't use tag for shit (I'm really waiting on T7 man) so hopefully you guys can train me up!...I hope.

Numb

Even Speedwagon is afraid!

I'm not caught up with Stardust just yet. Yea I'll add you all when I get back. I'm pretty bad at the moment and I can't use tag for shit (I'm really waiting on T7 man) so hopefully you guys can train me up!...I hope.
We got Speedwagon in the building
tumblr_nrajmn1GDg1tqovx0o1_500.gif

Good!

Lots of people are just waiting for it and practicing up Tag 2 in the meanwhile

GrayFoxPL

Hi man, add me also, psn: GrayFoxPL.

Hope we can play over weekend.

Do you play with Tag team or solo?

Tag stuff takes some time to learn but it's worth it.

GrayFoxPL

Ok, I'm gonna add you all now! I want to play solo so I can prep for T7, and for the life of me I just can't do tag combo's

Doing tag combos was so hard at first. It's important to go for easy combos first and not try to imitate combo videos. Then you slowly see infinite possibilities. Super fun.

It's hard to go back to solo combos. It's like going from full table meal at Italian restaurant to a Snickers.

Many people online go solo these days probably for a reason similar to yours. It's kinda disheartening, strips Tag2 of half of it's fun system, but what can you do. I can understand the reasoning.

I could go solo but rage solo deathfists rally would probably make people suicide. So broken.

@Sayah playing MKX:

That's what happens when you play 2D games, but you should also be able to notice that the less amount of shit you have to think about and how much it frees up your processes. Well not as much in MKX because that game is hectic in its own way. I think the the beauty of fighting games is that they make you think of the same objective in different ways. You may prefer one of them over other but they all have things you can learn.

Manbig

DEATH™;191483702 said:
It works with blue mary because the green isn't too saturated and its not a "pure" green hue wise. Bright saturated Red as the attention getter and dark blue and not saturated dark green acts as hue and value contrast to the bright red.

And the left pic proves the point of too saturated green makes it look bad. At least worse than the right.

I agree with all of this. A lot of the worst customs that I see have the color brightness turned all the way up, so it looks like they're trying to glow in the dark or some shit.

Add me: UchihaSasuke_91
I'm from Germany. Friday evenings sounds good.

I plan to learn Dragunov as well.

While I'm not really looking to play any serious matches right now, I'm more than down to do some online training mode to help you guys out with Dragunov. Doesn't require a crazy connection to show and explain some stuff either.

You already know where to find me sasuke, but for speedwagon, my PSN is MannyBiggz

Sayah

@Sayah playing MKX:

That's what happens when you play 2D games, but you should also be able to notice that the less amount of shit you have to think about and how much it frees up your processes. Well not as much in MKX because that game is hectic in its own way. I think the the beauty of fighting games is that they make you think of the same objective in different ways. You may prefer one of the the other but they all have things you can learn.

Definitely - mostly all fighting games offer good learning experiences.

However, I prefer the ones with good depth.

I agree with all of this. A lot of the worst customs that I see have the color brightness turned all the way up, so it looks like they're trying to glow in the dark or some shit.

The brightness on these colors really is glow in the dark levels.

DEATH™;191483702 said:
It works with blue mary because the green isn't too saturated and its not a "pure" green hue wise. Bright saturated Red as the attention getter and dark blue and not saturated dark green acts as hue and value contrast to the bright red.

And the left pic proves the point of too saturated green makes it look bad. At least worse than the right.

And just like that I am frustrated again with my art progress... Studied the theory so well but can't apply the things I learned on my drawings... T_T

Yeah, this.

Backflip

Back when I was in Tokyo in early December (for the Bandai Namco press event), I asked Michael Murray if Akuma is going to be the only guest character in Tekken 7. He told me that Akuma is the only character "they're ready to talk about right now" and that if enough people were asking Harada for a certain character, and that character fits in Tekken, then that character could be added (because Harada is "very accomodating").

His full answer is here: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/55646-tekken-7-d-autres-personnages-invites-la-reponse-intrigante-

Nuszka

Back when I was in Tokyo in early December (for the Bandai Namco press event), I asked Michael Murray if Akuma is going to be the only guest character in Tekken 7. He told me that Akuma is the only character "they're ready to talk about right now" and that if enough people were asking Harada for a certain character, and that character fits in Tekken, then that character could be added (because Harada is "very accomodating").

His full answer is here: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/55646-tekken-7-d-autres-personnages-invites-la-reponse-intrigante-

Sagat pls lol. On other hand I'm gonna try slowly to get back to Tekken, i have been playing it on a regular basis for a view hours a week, but holiday releases have kept me busy.

Doing tag combos was so hard at first. It's important to go for easy combos first and not try to imitate combo videos. Then you slowly see infinite possibilities. Super fun.

It's hard to go back to solo combos. It's like going from full table meal at Italian restaurant to a Snickers.

Many people online go solo these days probably for a reason similar to yours. It's kinda disheartening, strips Tag2 of half of it's fun system, but what can you do. I can understand the reasoning.

I could go solo but rage solo deathfists rally would probably make people suicide. So broken.

I'm sorry you find it disheartening, my main problem was finding an alt I could fit my groove with as it were and I found myself switching alts quite a lot. Nina to Jaycee to angel to devil jin etc and back to Nina, constantly switching out as and when. Ultimately I found Jaycee to be quite fun but I couldn't get the B&B down. Maybe I should give her another shot... any chances she will be back in T7FR :( maybe not.

Nuszka

So i got this for christmas from my wife
12540683_1140073472677658_2596945107074108081_n.jpg

It will be useful for SF5 as i tested it out and everything just "clicked".
But getting a new stick got me again on the road of trying it with Tekken, so i have played the series since the first installment and it was always on a pad - currently my movement, mostly i mean backdash canceling is smooth and 100% accurate (sway characters included), don't have issues with EWGF or WD as well. Trying the stick again and I'm not happy with my movement. My question is do a lot of players here play on a pad ? And if you transitioned to a stick, how much time did you put in to improve on movement?

Numb

Got a stick for Tekken but was too used to pad
Everything is cool except movement which is stiff and couldn'timprove much without spending alot of time on it that i didn't have at the time so just went back to pad.
If you got the time and concentrated on improving with the stick it should be quick.

Rajang

So i got this for christmas from my wife
12540683_1140073472677658_2596945107074108081_n.jpg

It will be useful for SF5 as i tested it out and everything just "clicked".
But getting a new stick got me again on the road of trying it with Tekken, so i have played the series since the first installment and it was always on a pad - currently my movement, mostly i mean backdash canceling is smooth and 100% accurate (sway characters included), don't have issues with EWGF or WD as well. Trying the stick again and I'm not happy with my movement. My question is do a lot of players here play on a pad ? And if you transitioned to a stick, how much time did you put in to improve on movement?

I have the same stick. Hori Arcade Pro 4 Kai, but I'm trying to sell it right now lol.

I'm just too used to pad, movement was awful for me.

Nuszka

Got a stick for Tekken but was too used to pad
Everything is cool except movement which is stiff and couldn'timprove much without spending alot of time on it that i didn't have at the time so just went back to pad.
If you got the time and concentrated on improving with the stick it should be quick.
I have the same stick. Hori Arcade Pro 4 Kai, but I'm trying to sell it right now lol.

I'm just too used to pad, movement was awful for me.
Thanks for the response, seems like its not only me. Had a similar experience 2 years ago and wasted a lot of time, eventually going back to pad. So the stick will be used exclusively for SF casual plays, as it was a gift i have to be seen using it lol. Anyway if anyone wants to add me on psn for some TTT2 warm up games before T7 releases, hopefully this year. Psn Nuszka. Currently i have a large backlog of games but if I'm online i will do my best to get some TK action going on.

Thanks for the response, seems like its not only me. Had a similar experience 2 years ago and wasted a lot of time, eventually going back to pad. So the stick will be used exclusively for SF casual plays, as it was a gift i have to be seen using it lol. Anyway if anyone wants to add me on psn for some TTT2 warm up games before T7 releases, hopefully this year. Psn Nuszka. Currently i have a large backlog of games but if I'm online i will do my best to get some TK action going on.

Have you had a lot of experience with arcade sticks? It maybe something like hand posture that's the problem. When I see pro's play, they hold the stick completely differently to me.

Numb

cool
sent you the request

Didn't add you yet
What's your psn?

Nuszka

Have you had a lot of experience with arcade sticks? It maybe something like hand posture that's the problem. When I see pro's play, they hold the stick completely differently to me.

Im extremly satisfied with the stick when it comes to 2d fighters. Its just the backdash cancel movement and things that go from there. I just can't consistently do b,b d/b,b d/b,b...

Oh god, I really messed up my post

Im extremly satisfied with the stick when it comes to 2d fighters. Its just the backdash cancel movement and things that go from there. I just can't consistently do b,b d/b,b d/b,b...

From watching tuts, start slow and speed up over time. This is coming from someone who can't do it either though haha.

To numb.
On my phone so I can't quote properly. I added you yesterday! Should be like imacutyouuu or something like that.

Sayah

I would like to see any of the following:

Ingrid
Dudley
Blanka
Juri

Numb

Oh god, I really messed up my post

From watching tuts, start slow and speed up over time. This is coming from someone who can't do it either though haha.

To numb.
On my phone so I can't quote properly. I added you yesterday! Should be like imacutyouuu or something like that.
Added
lol that id

GrayFoxPL

I'm sorry you find it disheartening, my main problem was finding an alt I could fit my groove with as it were and I found myself switching alts quite a lot. Nina to Jaycee to angel to devil jin etc and back to Nina, constantly switching out as and when. Ultimately I found Jaycee to be quite fun but I couldn't get the B&B down. Maybe I should give her another shot... any chances she will be back in T7FR :( maybe not.

Dude I'm switching characters on a mood basis. I can never decide. I tried like million combinations, lol.
Jaycee is excellent. She has tools for anything. Right now my favorite female char. She's probably coming to T7. She's a Chang you know. Some fans even spit on T7 is it doesn't have their characters like Changs, Lee, Williams sister, Lei, ugh Bob...

We're waiting for the FR update. Right now vanilla T7 is just a barren pitiful demo compared to Tag2.

I tried to Lei
I tried

2k1Go50.png

What didn't click, what you have problem with? Maybe I can help?

Dereck

Why don't they just make another game

Rajang

I'm not really interested in more guest characters, tbh. And the weird thing is, Michael Murray said something a bit different a week ago:

Another big thing was having Akuma in the latest trailer, and I think that’s quite exciting having a crossover with Capcom. Will that also find its way into the console version eventually? And do you have plans for more crossovers in the future?

Murray: Before we go to console we have the release of Tekken: FR (Fated Retribution), and people who are familiar with the series will know that we’ve had Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion and such, so people will know that we’ve had updates where we add characters. [Fated Retribution] is this kind of expansion for Tekken 7, and like in the past, these features will also make their way to the console release as well — plus some more.

And as far as more charters goes, right now, Akuma is the only one we have planned. Harada [Game Producer Katsuhiro Harada] and I have always been against guest characters because it kinda throws off the Tekken world and setting. But Akuma fits the bill, and we wanted to tie him into the story so that the crossover is not some cheesy gimmick. The feedback is really positive. But no plans at the moment for additional crossovers, though we are open to the possibility in the future.

PlayStation LifeStyle

If there are more, I hope it isn't alot of SF characters. Why not safe those for Tekken x Street Fighter?

Manbig

Why don't they just make another game

My sentiments exactly. Akuma is a great addition that gave Tekken 7 a shot in the arm that it desperately needed, but I'd rather they just save any other SF characters for Tekken X Street Fighter, assuming that it's really still happening.

I'd also be pretty pissed if they prioritized bringing in more guest characters over bringing in some of the missing staples of the series like Nina and Lei. Were they to go the route of just throwing them all in, then we'll end up with another overcrowded cast, and I REALLY don't want that again.

sasuke_91

While I'm not really looking to play any serious matches right now, I'm more than down to do some online training mode to help you guys out with Dragunov. Doesn't require a crazy connection to show and explain some stuff either.

You already know where to find me sasuke, but for speedwagon, my PSN is MannyBiggz

Thank you for the offer. I'll definitely need some help to get started with him :)

My question is do a lot of players here play on a pad ? And if you transitioned to a stick, how much time did you put in to improve on movement?

I'm a pad player, but what I hear from most stick players is that migrating to stick needs a lot of time, like 3 months or more.

No prob
Sorry roommate got cranky me talking till midnight lol
Came in yelling
Had to go

I would really like to talk through headset sometimes, but I often play when my brother is sleeping. Also, talking english is really awkward for me for some reason :p

I'll probably play some more Tekken again starting next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom