• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I would really like to talk through headset sometimes, but I often play when my brother is sleeping. Also, talking english is really awkward for me for some reason :p

I'll probably play some more Tekken again starting next week.
I'm down
Don't know why we haven't chatted before
English ain't even my second language so we will both be ok ;)

AAK

Damn, I just saw Gray Fox's real name... I'm not gonna publicize it without his permission but dude, that's gotta be one of the most manly and immortal European name possible. Sounds like the name of the man who mentored Schwarzenegger and Dragunov into adulthood.

I should expose myself to more Polish names..

GrayFoxPL

Damn, I just saw Gray Fox's real name... I'm not gonna publicize it without his permission but dude, that's gotta be one of the most manly and immortal European name possible. Sounds like the name of the man who mentored Schwarzenegger and Dragunov into adulthood.

What? Where? How?

Edit: Wait, you mean paypal, right? They reveal everything.

For a minute I though I was screwed.
Dude, thanks for compliment, manly name, haha, thanks. You scared me for a second.

Rajang

LOOL. Now I'm curious. :D

Sayah

I was thinking of getting that hori pad but I rather read your impressions first, guys.

I didn't have it shipped to my apartment so I'll probably have to wait two weeks or so before I get my hands on it - but sure, I'll post my impressions once I do.

Edit: btw, if you're like me and don't buy $100+ headphones, I suggest these. They're pretty good quality and last awhile. Just ordered them with the Hori fightpad since my current set of headphones after 2 long years of abuse has no sound coming from the left side.

Sayah

We're all going to be certified welders when Tekken 7 arrives.

52c6f3fff0874.image.jpg

AAK

I've already seen like 3
shitty
Lars OPMan with different implementations on Ranked.

EDIT:

Also, Namco pls.... reanimate the legacy cast before shoving random 2D characters into the game that have the most bizarre tatsu-animations that don't belong anywhere in Tekken. PLEASE.

Back when I was in Tokyo in early December (for the Bandai Namco press event), I asked Michael Murray if Akuma is going to be the only guest character in Tekken 7. He told me that Akuma is the only character "they're ready to talk about right now" and that if enough people were asking Harada for a certain character, and that character fits in Tekken, then that character could be added (because Harada is "very accomodating").

His full answer is here: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/55646-tekken-7-d-autres-personnages-invites-la-reponse-intrigante-
Since the Soul no longer burns. I would be excited to see Zasalamel in Tekken 7. He would be a great fit as he is still alive, somewhere, watching...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh5_OGYvEaw&feature=youtu.be&t=2m48s

I tried to Lei
I tried

Ugh. This. I love Lei as a concept, but WTF was Namco thinking with all of his latest moves. Why does he need TWO lay down stances? These moves are almost useless.

Why is BT 4,4 so dodgy with its hitboxes? Why has Razor Rush been relegated to bitch status? This was a staple of his not TOO long ago, but now -- why bother?

I suppose if you're a character loyalist none of that matters, but still. I might pop in the lab with him later.

Who besides waygamble should I watch for Lei inspiration?

AAK

Furumizu is and always will be the best Lei.

Also, when it comes to American Tekken P.Ling is far more accomplished with Lei than Gamble.

DEATH™

The thing that makes Tray (PLing) special is his knack of improvising combos and resets. Even the simplest of pokes he can make a good combo out of it in any situation, to a point where he can afford to purposely drop combos. He gets an easy time going through your head unless you are patient like a monk.

He made Xiao darn good in this game.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know P Ling played Lei. I've been pretty out of touch with the Tekken scene for awhile. Guess I got my homework then!

sasuke_91

I'm down
Don't know why we haven't chatted before
English ain't even my second language so we will both be ok ;)

I'll probably finish Bloodborne today or tommorow, so prepare yourself :p

Aand now I'm curious as well xD

DEATH™;191667258 said:

He didn't "make her" darn good, but I get where you're coming from.

LowParry

Thanks for posting.
I heard it's a good pad so bought!
The dualshock 4 kind of sucks with qcf attacks.

We actually have one of those here. It's a pretty slick pad and the d pad is a lot easier to use compared to the DS4. I recommend it.

Considering doing some mods on my Kuro stick though. Maybe.

sasuke_91

Unfortunately, those pads aren't available in Germany and it might get a little pricy with shipping :p

Oh man, i've been in the Bloodborne vortex too. That game is so good.

It's a little easier than Demon's Souls (haven't played Dark Souls yet), but in no way could the game be called easy. I had some problems with the third boss, everything else was somewhat manageable. A great game indeed.

Nuszka

Unfortunately, those pads aren't available in Germany and it might get a little pricy with shipping :p

It's a little easier than Demon's Souls (haven't played Dark Souls yet), but in no way could the game be called easy. I had some problems with the third boss, everything else was somewhat manageable. A great game indeed.

What i love about these series is the fact how hard everything seems at the start, but with experience and knowledge stuff just gets easier, for example i tried a lvl4 run a month ago and within an hour i got to Vicar Amelia.

Edit:
Just ordered this badboy: HORI Fighting Commander 4 Controller for PlayStation 4/3

It's on sale for $29,97.

(Also compatible with PC)

Have the old FC3 for ps3, its a good pad, like that you can angle your dpad to your own preference. The only issue that i had was that the face buttons would get stuck from time to time, polishing the casing around them helped.

Sayah

Huh, I have a easier time with My Hadoukens than I did on the PS3 pad.

Controller preferences are so varied.

In Tekken, I sometimes miss Anna's second qcf+1 after doing the initial CH qcf+1 on the DS4.

SF's inputs are also differently oriented. When I was playing stick, I was easily doing everything on stick from Hadoukens to whatever else. Then I switched to Tekken, and I could barely do qcf attacks on stick.

While I like Bloodborne, it was lacking a lot of the greatness that we got in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. The NPCs are mostly not at all interesting and only interacting with people while they're hiding inside their homes takes away a lot of immersion. The locales all have the same theme - a gothic-type look that's maintained throughout, whereas demon's/dark souls really had great diversity in atmosphere.

If there's a Bloodborne 2, I hope it improves on these things.

DEATH™;191667258 said:
The thing that makes Tray (PLing) special is his knack of improvising combos and resets. Even the simplest of pokes he can make a good combo out of it in any situation, to a point where he can afford to purposely drop combos. He gets an easy time going through your head unless you are patient like a monk.

What separates Princess Ling from other Xiaoyu players is that he is the first good sponge. You can tell a variety of Xiaoyu's have had a huge impact on how he plays. Before him, most Xiaoyu players carved their own path. Lingmassacre, 7thPixel, JMS, Jio, Jchantra, Shauno, Sodom, and other legendary Xiaoyu's of today and the past have had their own unique take on Xiaoyu. PLing is the first to absorb all of that and turn Xiaoyu into quite the powerhouse.

Have to respect it, although, I miss the past when Xiaoyu was as a book interpreted in a unique way by anyone who read her. Fortunately, Lingmassacre's style of play was sorta made useless by Tag 2's system, so it hasn't been as absorbed by PLing. Tekken 7 FR will give rise again to playing Xiaoyu as the super poke/runaway character that Lingmassacre made famous, so we'll see if another Xiaoyu takes up that spirit to carry on what the retired Lingmassacre developed.

While I like Bloodborne, it was lacking a lot of the greatness that we got in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

I feel the opposite. DeS and DaS felt plodding and slow to me and they never sucked me in. Also especially DaS is so fugly with poor framerate and muddy textures and characters that don't look nice.

Bloodborne grabbed me like nothing else has in a long time. This aggressive gameplay is much more my groove. And i feel it has great variety in environments.

Perhaps it's because i'm big on Lovecraft to begin with. Seeing a lot of that imagery brought to life already gives me so much satisfaction.

So if there's a Bloodborne 2, i specifically -don't- want it to be more like the Souls games.

Sayah

I feel the opposite. DeS and DaS felt plodding and slow to me and they never sucked me in. Also especially DaS is so fugly with poor framerate and muddy textures and characters that don't look nice.

Bloodborne grabbed me like nothing else has in a long time. This aggressive gameplay is much more my groove. And i feel it has great variety in environments.

Perhaps it's because i'm big on Lovecraft to begin with. Seeing a lot of that imagery brought to life already gives me so much satisfaction.

So if there's a Bloodborne 2, i specifically -don't- want it to be more like the Souls games.

I"m talking from an NPC/atmosphere/setting perspective, not gameplay or framerate, which is what you're focusing on.

DeS and DaS have more diversity in settings/atmoshpere and better NPCs/NPC interaction.

While I like the lovecraft theme Bloodborne has going on, it still needs to diversify itself more beyond that point.

DeS, for instance, also gave that similar feel during its tower of latria/possibly poison swamp sections but the rest of the game is a completely different atmosphere.

I"m talking from an NPC/atmosphere/setting perspective, not gameplay or framerate, which is what you're focusing on.

DeS and DaS have more diversity in settings/atmoshpere and better NPCs/NPC interaction.

As am i, i like the Victorian Lovecraft theme so much more than whatever Souls has going on. The technical aspect does come in in selling that setting. If the vistas in DaS were nicer i'd like exploring that game much more. If i wasn't required to play a zombie in a tin can lugging a tower shield around i'd like my character much more.

Setting diversity is all well and good but there's something to be said for a consistent theme too. I love how Bloodborne goes from sinister Victorian town to ever more otherworldly stuff as you get further in. And it has basically-Innsmouth! And basically-Miskatonic University! And non-Euclidean geometry under harsh alien light! Perfection.

Besides, gameplay and setting stuff go hand in hand at least partially. Souls theme has shields and heavy medieval armor and giant honking weapons, and gameplay made to fit those. Which is fine but i don't love it.

That said, i'm not sure how happy i'd be if Bloodborne 2 does basically the same progression and environments all over again. In that sense they definitely will need to change some stuff up.

---
. . . But perhaps i should give DeS or DaS another proper go after this. Maybe it'll click this time around =/ Or maybe i can just accept they're lacking a lot of the greatness of Bloodborne and hope Dark Souls 3 improves on these things~ =3

GrayFoxPL

Ggs AAK, sorry I forgot we got pretty bag lag, still I have no idea how you could do all this awesome stuff with such delay. Great skills. I couldn't even time in a deathfist right, lol.

Sayah

GG Xrd Limited edition going for $23 (for those interested).

As am i, i like the Victorian Lovecraft theme so much more than whatever Souls has going on. The technical aspect does come in in selling that setting. If the vistas in DaS were nicer i'd like exploring that game much more. If i wasn't required to play a zombie in a tin can lugging a tower shield around i'd like my character much more.

Setting diversity is all well and good but there's something to be said for a consistent theme too. I love how Bloodborne goes from sinister Victorian town to ever more otherworldly stuff as you get further in. And it has basically-Innsmouth! And basically-Miskatonic University! And non-Euclidean geometry under harsh alien light! Perfection.

Besides, gameplay and setting stuff go hand in hand at least partially. Souls theme has shields and heavy medieval armor and giant honking weapons, and gameplay made to fit those. Which is fine but i don't love it.

That said, i'm not sure how happy i'd be if Bloodborne 2 does basically the same progression and environments all over again. In that sense they definitely will need to change some stuff up.

---
. . . But perhaps i should give DeS or DaS another proper go after this. Maybe it'll click this time around =/ Or maybe i can just accept they're lacking a lot of the greatness of Bloodborne and hope Dark Souls 3 improves on these things~ =3

DaS and DeS have much greater diversity in weapons than Bloodborne. The fact that you're mentioning lugging tower shields and stiff weapons makes me think you probably didn't have a a build to your liking in these games. It is very much possible to have lighter and faster weapons in these games. There's a lot to choose from. I used a lighting spear without heavy armor and was able to get around just fine without feeling like a slowpoke.

And while I agree with you that the Bloodborne setting/atmosphere gets increasingly more lovecraft-ian, which is nice, I would rather have more diversity in settings instead of building and expounding on the same theme.

DaS and DeS have much greater diversity in weapons than Bloodborne. The fact that you're mentioning lugging tower shields and stiff weapons makes me think you probably didn't have a a build to your liking in these games. It is very much possible to have lighter and faster weapons in these games. There's a lot to choose from. I used a lighting spear without heavy armor and was able to get around just fine without feeling like a slowpoke.

That's definitely possible! All the newbie guides i looked at were like 'grab this or that shield and if you want to win easy, use magic!' and then i did that and didn't have a good time.

If you really can make dodges in the other Souls games as effective and fast as in Bloodborne somehow and play without shields and with as fast and varied a weapon right from the start i probably would have much more fun. Someone would have to tell me how though, 'cause if nothing else it's not so obvious a way to play.

Have you guys played the new DLC content yet for bloodborne? I think they plenty help the diversity in the game.

That's what i'm playing now. So good. So many new weapons.

Sayah

hmmm......Splatoon is fun.

That's definitely possible! All the newbie guides i looked at were like 'grab this or that shield and if you want to win easy, use magic!' and then i did that and didn't have a good time.

If you really can make dodges in the other Souls games as effective and fast as in Bloodborne somehow and play without shields and with as fast and varied a weapon right from the start i probably would have much more fun. Someone would have to tell me how though, 'cause if nothing else it's not so obvious a way to play.

Yeah, follow your own path. Choose the weapon build that works for you.

Bloodborne has lots of problems. Every Souls game does. Dark Souls 2 has the least amount of problems which is why it's the best. Bloodborne is great but it's the 3rd best Souls game. Demon's is by far and away the worst.

People don't like Dark Souls 2 for incredibly stupid reasons, like "There are too many guys in armor". The game performs the best out of every Souls game, 60 fps no problems, has the deepest most varied viable gameplay, most weapons, items, & armor sets, has the biggest most diverce world, the best travel system, the best new game plus, the best multiplayer, awesome DLC.

At no point DS2 do you ever need to go back & farm bloodviles and even if you did at least you could warp right there from a bonfire instead of going all the way to the Hunter's Dream, wait for it to load, then warp again & wait to load.

ShinMaruku

So right now I am wanting to try Josie and Chloe anybody else I should consider? I like having a 3 character stable like in DOA I have Ayane,Momiji and Phase 4 adding Hitomi now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom