• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

Splatoon is so damn addictive.....wow. I've been playing for hours and had to make myself stop because it's past 4 a.m.

So right now I am wanting to try Josie and Chloe anybody else I should consider? I like having a 3 character stable like in DOA I have Ayane,Momiji and Phase 4 adding Hitomi now.

May as well add Alisa in there. Complete the trifecta of kooky personalities.

People don't like Dark Souls 2 for incredibly stupid reasons, like "There are too many guys in armor". The game performs the best out of every Souls game, 60 fps no problems, has the deepest most varied viable gameplay, most weapons, items, & armor sets, has the biggest most diverce world, the best travel system, the best new game plus, the best multiplayer, awesome DLC.

At no point DS2 do you ever need to go back & farm bloodviles and even if you did at least you could warp right there from a bonfire instead of going all the way to the Hunter's Dream, wait for it to load, then warp again & wait to load.

We've already been over this.
DS2 has the worst bosses out of all the Souls games/Bloodborne.
It has bonfires in the most random places. The mapping is very horrible - like who puts a bonfire at a dead end that doesn't lead anywhere?

Pachimari

I will go crazy if I get to try Fated Retribution. Can't wait to try out Josie and Chloe as well. I will for sure try all of the new characters, and my Marshall.

Just picked up the PS3 today, so gonna download Tag 2 later today and play with my arcade stick. Will anyone be up for playing? I suck at my arcade stick, but the only way to get better is to just play at this point I think.

I will go crazy if I get to try Fated Retribution. Can't wait to try out Josie and Chloe as well. I will for sure try all of the new characters, and my Marshall.

Just picked up the PS3 today, so gonna download Tag 2 later today and play with my arcade stick. Will anyone be up for playing? I suck at my arcade stick, but the only way to get better is to just play at this point I think.

I'm up for playing today! im not that great so I hope thats ok.

sasuke_91

Sasuke let me know if you need any assists in Blooborne!
I finished the game yesterday, but thanks! Such an amazing game.
Only unlocked the boring ending though. Bloodborne players know which one I mean >_>
And I don't have time for another playthrough...

Madridista and speedwagon, you can invite me. I'll come Online in a few minutes.
I don't know if you're still on my list Madridista. If not, add UchihaSasuke_91

I finished the game yesterday, but thanks! Such an amazing game.
Only unlocked the boring ending though. Bloodborne players know which one I mean >_>
And I don't have time for another playthrough...

Madridista and speedwagon, you can invite me. I'll come Online in a few minutes.
I don't know if you're still on my list Madridista. If not, add UchihaSasuke_91

Successive playthroughs are much quick I found, im on like my 4th character now/playthrough, I love that game too much...

Im ready and awaiting!

Pachimari

Mine will take an eternity apparently. It's downloading the game and it's only at 28%. It seems to download about 10% for every 20 minutes. Sucks. Probably because I only connected the PS3 to my WiFi, as I have been redecorating these past days.

sasuke_91

Thanks Sasuke for the matches!

Good games man. You have some solid fundementals to build on. You just need practice.
Your spacing is very good, but try not to whiff moves so obviously (something I do often as well). At a certain range you start throwing out launchers at me.
Your Dragunov is pretty good. Your Kuni needs some work of course. It seems like you don't know her moves too well, but you'll get the hang of it eventually. As for Dragunov, the tutorial Manbig mentioned is really good:

For you peeps thinking about trying Dragunov, here's a nice start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJEJ8PJXoaM

It's also good for anyone relatively new to really learning Tekken in general.

Aris is also really fun to listen to :p

When you were close to me you started poking with Dragunov's df+1 (you're familiar with the notation?) until you thought I'd fall for his df+1,4. I expected that and launched you.
Jab more instead. Try to force me to duck. Then I eat that df+1,4.
And don't finish his unsafe moves so often. He has some 3 hit-combos that are still safe after the second hit. I'm not really familiar with Dragunov though, so I can't tell you more.
His f,f,f+2 is an amazing move by the way. It's hard to execute at first but you should practice it.

Something I have to remember as well: Grab more. It's your best weapon against people who turtle a lot and a great pressure tool in general (people panic and duck in your face because they expect a grab). Your throwbreak is really good by the way. As is your defense in general.

Tag combos aren't too hard, you just need to practice. Once you get it it'll become second nature (and really fun by the way).
If you don't know what to use as a tag assault filler, just hold the Tag-button and your character will do a move automatically. It's not their best filler, but enough to practice using combos and combo enders after the filler.
And of course try to avoid unsafe raw tags. Build some space first and get out of your opponent's range. If your opponent expects a tag crash he has some options to punish you for that as well, but that's not too important at the moment.

I hope I could be of some help. If something's not clear, just ask.

GrayFoxPL

So right now I am wanting to try Josie and Chloe anybody else I should consider? I like having a 3 character stable like in DOA I have Ayane,Momiji and Phase 4 adding Hitomi now.

Depends what you expect of a character.

Try everyone.

Hwoarang and Steve are the best at fast string type pressure with stance transitions.

Mishimas are technical. crouch dash based executions.

Paul - you deathfist, opponent dies.

etc.

Good games man. You have some solid fundementals to build on. You just need practice.
Your spacing is very good, but try not to whiff moves so obviously (something I do often as well). At a certain range you start throwing out launchers at me.
Your Dragunov is pretty good. Your Kuni needs some work of course. It seems like you don't know her moves too well, but you'll get the hang of it eventually. As for Dragunov, the tutorial Manbig mentioned is really good:

Aris is also really fun to listen to :p

When you were close to me you started poking with Dragunov's df+1 (you're familiar with the notation?) until you thought I'd fall for his df+1,4. I expected that and launched you.
Jab more instead. Try to force me to duck. Then I eat that df+1,4.
And don't finish his unsafe moves so often. He has some 3 hit-combos that are still safe after the second hit. I'm not really familiar with Dragunov though, so I can't tell you more.
His f,f,f+2 is an amazing move by the way. It's hard to execute at first but you should practice it.

Something I have to remember as well: Grab more. It's your best weapon against people who turtle a lot and a great pressure tool in general (people panic and duck in your face because they expect a grab). Your throwbreak is really good by the way. As is your defense in general.

Tag combos aren't too hard, you just need to practice. Once you get it it'll become second nature (and really fun by the way).
If you don't know what to use as a tag assault filler, just hold the Tag-button and your character will do a move automatically. It's not their best filler, but enough to practice using combos and combo enders after the filler.
And of course try to avoid unsafe raw tags. Build some space first and get out of your opponent's range. If your opponent expects a tag crash he has some options to punish you for that as well, but that's not too important at the moment.

I hope I could be of some help. If something's not clear, just ask.

Thanks for the critique, I will use what you said to good use. I'm pretty short with free time so I can only really play again next week. I hope that's cool with a lot of you guys. Sorry we never got to play GrayFox.

GrayFoxPL

How should I approach Bruce Irvin (in preparation for Josie Rizal) ?

And, anyone wanna play now? I'm ready and in the game.

If you want to know Bruce learn him but not with assumption you'll suddenly know how to play Josie.

They share moves but her combo system is totally reworked.

I can tell you what moves she shares with Bruce.

1,2,4 stance transition(not Muay Thai)
2,4 stance
d+3,4 stance
df+4 stance
df+2
3,2F into crouch dash
3+4
f+2,4
f+3
f+3+4
df+1,4~4
b+4,3,4
b+4,3,d+4
b+4,3,d+4~4
b+1+2
uf+3+4
uf+4
f,d,df+3
f,d,df+2
ws+1
ws+2,1
ws+3
FCdf+4

There are moves that are very similar
^last is a mid knee instead of Bruce's mid kick.

1,2,d+4,4 low, high kicks that Screws, instead of Bruce's 1,2,d+4,3
2,d+4,4

3,3 is a mid, high kick like Bruce's but Josie's Screws(new bound)

Rosie has more crouch dash transitions like df+3 F or 1,2,4 F

Also it's worth to say Josie doesn't use elbows much and they altered some animations for that.
Like f,d,df+2 works like Bruce's but Josie does an uppercut instead of elbow.
df+2 is also an uppercut launcher not an elbow.
ws+2,1 are also punches not elbows

Which means Josie punch attacks can be countered(or reversed) left and right by characters like Asuka unlike Bruce who destroys her with b+2 or elbow launchers.

Josie has quite a lot of knees tho so it's not too bad.

Here is her move list.

At the end of the vid are some sample combos. So you can see her go to screw bound strings are things like new f+2,3,4 instead Bruce's d+3,4 mts f+1

Generally T7 bound moves changed from most mid, less highs, vertical moves to most high, less mid, horizontal. Spin kicks galore.

That's just a tiny insight.

Bruce is Bruce, Josie got his moves but she's not Bruce.

Sorry we never got to play GrayFox.

It's ok. Next time. Thing is I can only play during the day so night play is out.

Pachimari

But at least, training with Bruce, is the one character that can somewhat prepare me a little bit for Josie I guess. I'm also mainly playing to get used to the arcade stick before I get to play Tekken 7. And thanks for the whole explanation, I'm gonna check out that movie.

sasuke_91

Thanks for the critique, I will use what you said to good use. I'm pretty short with free time so I can only really play again next week. I hope that's cool with a lot of you guys. Sorry we never got to play GrayFox.
Weekends sounds good, so I'm okay with it ;)

Anyone who wants to play right now?

Pachimari

I suck badly. Real bad. :(

Why am I not getting better at Tekken. So many years, and I am kind of still just mashing buttons.

From now on, I'll only practice with stick and with Bruce.

DEATH™

Why am I not getting better at Tekken. So many years, and I am kind of still just mashing buttons.

I still remember the time boutdown (Dereck) saying the same things a while back. Now he's pretty darn good. I am on the same predicament too before (although I am not as good as I could be).

A little tidbit of advice, practice, and be smart when you are practicing. Figure out the things that you have to work on and work on it. It can be surprising how figuring things to practice can be hard on itself, but will make many things click.

Numb

Good games guys

@madridista Practice some more. There were alot of opportunities you could have taken the round easily but didn't. Any of those example combos would have been enough. Your foundation is really good and you are patient. Just gotta practice combos and different situations.

@sasuke Ling is bullshit

@ZTS Good games man. Was expecting 1 bar lag.

Numb

Guessing you are on the east coast which makes it more bearable
Sorry for scrubbing it out too hard and playing dumb.

sasuke_91

Good games guys!

How do you do all of those combos?? I'm terrified!

It's all muscle memory. You'll do the same shit if you stick with us :p

Actually, I expected it to be worse judging from your earlier posts. I'll tell you the same stuff I told speedwagon before: Your fundamentals are pretty good. You kept your defense solid most of the time. You implement the advice we give you into your gameplay immediately. Like when I told you to grab more, you immediately did.
My little brother started playing Tekken in January 2015 and he had me as his "mentor". He made some really fast progress because he had someone he could ask and who could teach him stuff. Half a year later we almost played on par (I still won most of the time because I have more experience).
Watch lots of tutorials (don't mind the frame data they'll throw at you at first, just remember their key moves, punishers and so on) and player matches on YouTube. You'll absorb some stuff and improve just by watching. And get familiar with your character's moves.

Nobody has turned into a Tekken pro over night. We still suck more or less. Today I sucked more (way more) than Numb. Next time we might suck as much as the other :p

First thing you have to work on is your movement. If you want to commit to playing stick, do it! You'll need some time, but it'll eventually click. You'll get really far even as a beginner if you know how to build up space and whiff punish, so practice that backdash ;)

@sasuke Ling is bullshit

Hehe^^
Good games man. The amount of seven golden letters I saw today was frustrating :p

Good games ZTS! The lag was bearable. Some dropped combos, but nothing too bad. That Bruce/Lee (lol) team is really good!

Numb

Good games guys!

Hehe^^
Good games man. The amount of seven golden letters I saw today was frustrating :p

Good games ZTS! The lag was bearable. Some dropped combos, but nothing too bad. That Bruce/Lee (lol) team is really good!

You bodied me too hard last session so was extra careful ;_;

GrayFoxPL

I sucked badly until doomshine beat some sense into me like billion times and when I got into Tekken Gaf where guys taught me to play smarter. Doesn't mean I can't mash shredders 5 times in row because I can and I will.

Playing alone will not make you better. Getting beaten over and over and slowly progressing forward this is the only way I know.

There's thing called "talent", but I don't have it. Some kind of bullshit.

Thanks for playing guys. 3 bars makes things difficult but it's still fun to play.

ZTS beat me up when you see me online, psn - GrayFoxPL

Hours probably wont match but hey, it can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom