• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I'm actually pretty good at backdashing, but just not with a stick. I'll practice way more and only with a stick now. I find movement in general to be hard with a stick but hopefully it clicks soon. Even though Bruce and Josie seems to be nothing alike in Tekken 7, I'm only practicing with Bruce now, to hopefully convert more easily to Josie who is the one character I really want to main. Marshall will be my secondary.

You got time and online is always very active
Put in that work
I should play against random people as well, when gaffers aren't online. I'll just keep playing and losing and losing and losing. I won't mind losing, it's all part of getting better.

Numb

I sucked badly until doomshine beat some sense into me like billion times and when I got into Tekken Gaf where guys thought me to play smarter. Doesn't mean I can't mash shredders 5 times in row because I can and I will.
You and your shredders
Paul in Tekken 7 is scary too
I'm actually pretty good at backdashing, but just not with a stick. I'll practice way more and only with a stick now.
You got time and online is always very active
Put in that work

whats a good launcher for Kuni, all the ones I have tried have crappy range, hop kick maybe?

d/f+2 and occasionally f+3+4(CH) or u+3+4 (plus on block but don't overuse).

Make sure you don't get suckered into using d/f+3,2 too much. It has good range and eats scrubs alive, but will get you killed against good players.

GrayFoxPL

Which moves should I use and practice with Bruce?

Nothing too advanced yet, please.

Try those easy combos.

df+2 or uf+4 for launch

f+3, d+3,4 then f+1 for bound

Or just 1,2,4 then f+1 for bound

After bound hmm something easy...maybe dash in and b+4,3,4 knees or db+2,1,4,
d+3,4 and mts stuff also works.

Set counter to on and hit b+2 then hit the easy combos f+3, d+3,4 or go straight to d+3,4

b+2 is Bruce's miracle move.

crouch dash

f,d,df+3 low kick. Abusive, hits grounded
f,d,df+2 mid launcher when they start blocking low kick.

muay thai stance is after

d+3,4
df+4
f+4,3,4

In that stance most important is 2 and f+1.

2 will crumple stun on counter hit then go for easy combos like after uf+4 launcher.

f+1 also crumple stuns on counter hit, go for easy combos with d+3,4 then f+1

Hope this helps at the beginning.

d/f+2 and occasionally f+3+4(CH) or u+3+4 (plus on block but don't overuse).

Make sure you don't get suckered into using d/f+3,2 too much. It has good range and eats scrubs alive, but will get you killed against good players.

thanks for the quick response, I will give those a practice tomorrow.

Sayah

Seriously guys, if you are bored with video games and need some excitement in your life, play Splatoon.

I'm so glad I didn't leave this game in the shrinkwrap.

It's the most fun I've had with video games in a long while. This is exactly what I needed.

lupinko

What are my options for PS4 sticks?

I'm just thinking if I should get a Saturn -> control box thing made instead, because I own a HSS-0130 back home. I'm going to get my buddy to mod it (replace the Sega buttons with Seimitsu, desolder the parts from the pcb and replace with QDs in addition to changing the top screws for easy switchability).

The reason for the latter is because I just buy replacement 6 button panels with Sanwa parts pretty cheap off yahoo auctions. This gives me the versatility I need.

What are my options for PS4 sticks?

I'm just thinking if I should get a Saturn -> control box thing made instead, because I own a HSS-0130 back home. I'm going to get my buddy to mod it (replace the Sega buttons with Seimitsu, desolder the parts from the pcb and replace with QDs in addition to changing the top screws for easy switchability).

The reason for the latter is because I just buy replacement 6 button panels with Sanwa parts pretty cheap off yahoo auctions. This gives me the versatility I need.
So as of right now all I can say is do not get a PS360+. I received a defective one over a month ago and I'm still being given the run around.

sasuke_91

Good games ZTS! Your Bruce makes me really nervous. Those lows are hard to react to, even without lag. And once you enter my head that 50/50 kills me.

sasuke_91

Thanks for playing Sasuke. Your main team doesn't fight Bruce very well so you are at a disadvantage.

Yeah I tried switching characters a few times, but I'm a scrub with anyone but my 2 main teams.
Choosing Lee against a Lee player wasn't a good idea either^^

It's the Tekken thread. You should know people are at work during this time. :p

Why? It was 6PM when he asked :p
That 8 hours difference... it's a lot if you think about it.

By the way...

Seriously guys, if you are bored with video games and need some excitement in your life, play Splatoon.

I'm so glad I didn't leave this game in the shrinkwrap.

It's the most fun I've had with video games in a long while. This is exactly what I needed.
That game would be mine already if I had the console.

Numb

I should play against random people as well, when gaffers aren't online. I'll just keep playing and losing and losing and losing. I won't mind losing, it's all part of getting better.
Indeed
And if you don't wanna play ranked you go for player matches which are cool
It all depends on the time you put in. Watching people play your team isn't a bad idea either and teaches you flow
It's the Tekken thread. You should know people are at work during this time. :p

lol and best smelling too
New Super desperation radio ranked us at the top smelling talking about how you can't sit next to a tekken player with a job when you smell like ass. They ain't got the time

Sayah

Can Tekken Zaibatsu get an update to its design already?

lol and best smelling too
New Super desperation radio ranked us at the top smelling talking about how you can't sit next to a tekken player with a job when you smell like ass. They ain't got the time

LOL

Why? It was 6PM when he asked :p
That 8 hours difference... it's a lot if you think about it.

I forgot we were international. >_>

By the way...

That game would be mine already if I had the console.

It really is one of the most fun games ever. It's a really amazing concept as a game. Unlike other shooters, even your movement options are entirely impacted based on the type of paint present in your pathway and your ink stockpile (a stamina system of sorts - you have to recharge once the ink runs out). It creates for interesting match-up situations where it's a test of endurance on who can most creatively use their weapon, specials, and movement options (converting back and forth from humanoid form to squid) to splat the other team's members.

I love this game to bits and I've only been playing it for three or four days now. It's addictive af.

I hope it becomes a staple Nintendo IP. Apparently, it sold 1.6 million in a month so the likelihood of it becoming that is higher.

Dereck

Some people playing Tekken 7 at KiT next week

CuddleCore
Lil Majin
Rick tha Rular
P Ling
Big Jio
Jody tha Great
Speedkicks
Kodee
BrawlPro
Pokchop
Crowder

AAK

Watching that DR match ZTS linked reminds me how unforgiving the okizeme is. Getup kicks looked universally launch punishable and low parries lead to full combo's. Man look at how far things are changing leading up to T7:FR.

Some people playing Tekken 7 at KiT next week

CuddleCore
Lil Majin
Rick tha Rular
P Ling
Big Jio
Jody tha Great
Speedkicks
Kodee
BrawlPro
Pokchop
Crowder

That's pretty damn hype. Any sign of inkog or GM. Those two have a bit of a score to settle haha.

Another thing I randomly came across GAF. Did you guys see the new UFC game trailer?

https://youtu.be/ITteOdFBu5I

More procedurally physics based knockdown and KO animations in games is an awesome thing to see. Time for me to go back and daydream of when Namco or AM2 integrate that into their games.

GrayFoxPL

More procedurally physics based knockdown and KO animations in games is an awesome thing to see. Time for me to go back and daydream of when Namco or AM2 integrate that into their games.

Fuck, this is awesome.

j8w20SM.gif

LS8eXZK.gif

NjhBMeX.gif

This in Tekken? Forget it. Back when Tekken rivaled with VF, T4 was the point where they aimed for more realism. This road wasn't taken, instead Harada got poisoned by Ono and since then tries to turn Tekken into Street Fighter.
Sega doesn't even remember they have VF under their wings. Unless AM2 was working all those years on VF6 in secret on some remote island with no contact with outside world I bet the series is crossed out at Sega.

AAK

It's those well choreographed animations that make Tekken so special.
Thank goodness there is no Kuma... so far

Pretty solid European tournament just happened.

Here's top 8.

V0UoDkM.gif

iQ9HFdd.gif

Awesome, will check this out later.

Sega doesn't even remember they have VF under their wings. Unless AM2 was working all those years on VF6 in secret on some remote island with no contact with outside world I bet the series is crossed out at Sega.
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/684279706196168704?s=09

#IBelieveInWonkey

Dereck

There's a Bob/Miguel player in that tournament, you know how I feel about that team.

He pulled off some extraordinary okizeme bullshit with Miguel that I hadn't seen before, numerous times.

sasuke_91

Just saw your message GrayFoxPL. It's been a while since we last played, but I only had like half an hour anyway.

Pretty solid European tournament just happened.

Here's top 8.

V0UoDkM.gif

iQ9HFdd.gif

A friend of mine was there, but he didn't make it to Top 8.
Sephiblack is pretty crazy.

There's a Bob/Miguel player in that tournament, you know how I feel about that team.

He pulled off some extraordinary okizeme bullshit with Miguel that I hadn't seen before, numerous times.
You mean Malekith? Great player!

OK, so I can play most of the day Saturday. It's a pretty hectic weekend with Diablo III season 5 and Dragons Dogma coming out on Friday, so that's my evening booked up and they are both pretty time consuming. so that leaves Saturday really if people are down for it. I will try and live stream some practice sessions if people want to give me feedback, I can also live stream the player matches if people are interested in watching.

Dereck

That's pretty damn hype. Any sign of inkog or GM. Those two have a bit of a score to settle haha.
GM is gonna be there.

I'm actually surprised that he is since lately he's been going to tournaments that lack competition for him.

I see him having a hard time with Kodee, not sure about Majin since he's been playing other games.

Inkog, don't know what he's doing.

AAK

GM is gonna be there.

I'm actually surprised that he is since lately he's been going to tournaments that lack competition for him.

I see him having a hard time with Kodee, not sure about Majin since he's been playing other games.

Inkog, don't know what he's doing.

I'm genuinely excited to see GM vs PLing. The last time they flight at SCR it was a blowup. Wonder if PLing made some adjustments.

But I forgot Inkog is now in SoCal. It's unlikely he'll make the travel all the way to Memphis.

tumblr_mt4natCb4w1se9fcoo1_500.gif

Just got back from a trip to Nigeria, cool place to visit if you don't mind long lines, food poisoning, and literally everyone asking you for money.

Nice, welcome back. The "people asking for Money" is actually pretty depressing considering how much oil Nigeria has :(

Any standout moment you wanna share? Genuinely curious about your experience.

Dereck

Ling has been playing Tekken 7. GM's still got Tag down. I don't see any chance of Ling beating GM in Tag 2. Tag 2 is old news for him.

I'm genuinely excited to see GM vs PLing. The last time they flight at SCR it was a blowup. Wonder if PLing made some adjustments.

But I forgot Inkog is now in SoCal. It's unlikely he'll make the travel all the way to Memphis.

Nice, welcome back. The "people asking for Money" is actually pretty depressing considering how much oil Nigeria has :(

Any standout moment you wanna share? Genuinely curious about your experience.

My standout moments aren't necessarily positive experiences, lol. I got some really bad food poisoning there, so I was sick for most of the trip. I mostly went there with my parents to visit family. I had the most fun in Lagos(the NYC of Nigeria), I went boating to one of the island beaches there.

As for the oil thing, the country seems to mostly export it's oil because it leaves little for its people, it not uncommon for long lines of cars to wait at the one gas station because everywhere else is empty.

Slightly on topic: MKX is updating it's netkode?
It could happen.

Given that I haven't kept up with the game competitively since.....maybe 2014?

It doesn't seem likely unless he finds some new gimmick before the tournament.

P. Ling will probably never beat GM. GM has tons of Lei experience with The Exalted and Bloodred and he spent years fighting LingMassacre who is a way better Ling than P. Ling.

AAK

I haven't been following, what did Ling get that's new? All I can remember is that she has Wang's low, high kick, and a safe high armor move.

I haven't been following, what did Ling get that's new? All I can remember is that she has Wang's low, high kick, and a safe high armor move.
She has brand new cancels and a bunch of property changes on her moves. New low from AOP, old tripping low got buffed. That safe AOP wall splat move. Lots of stuff.
The change to the tripping AOP low is brutal. Rolling away no longer is an option and if you try you eat a launcher in the back.

Manbig

I wonder if Ling's SSR into iAOP is still buff as hell. Especially curious how it works out with the frame data changes to sidestep.

I wonder if Ling's SSR into iAOP is still buff as hell. Especially curious how it works out with the frame data changes to sidestep.
SSR AOP hasn't been that buff since DR. AOP was avoiding people's shit like crazy at NEC. But it's tough to say from personal experience since Claudio has a lot of moves that hit AOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom