• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manbig

SSR AOP hasn't been that buff since DR. AOP was avoiding people's shit like crazy at NEC. But it's tough to say from personal experience since Claudio has a lot of moves that hit AOP

It seemed pretty buff in Tag 2. She was able to avoid pretty much all moves that tracked in that direction and had good hit boxes, unless they were homing moves, or lows.

It seemed pretty buff in Tag 2. She was able to avoid pretty much all moves that tracked in that direction and had good hit boxes, unless they were homing moves, or lows.
No way man. I've never had problems with Ling AOPing through shit in Tag 2 even with Lee. In DR Lee could not hit her like at all she SSR AOPed. That match up was a legit 7-3. BR it was more like a 6.25, Tag 2 6-4 at worst. Again through Manny I am only seeing this through the eyes of the Lee Ling Match & I was fighting LingMass in BR and DR. My perspective might be off.

Actually the good Doctor Massacre will be in town the next two days so if you want I can ask him for clarification.

Smug people. What can I even say.
tumblr_mde5awWBdc1r1gapro1_400.gif

Had a bad day. :(
What happened buddy?

joeblow

I wonder if Ling's SSR into iAOP is still buff as hell. Especially curious how it works out with the frame data changes to sidestep.

In T7? SSR into AoP is definitely gimped. The command inputs add delay frames to her lateral evasion, and the same is true for sidestep cancels into Rain Dance stance, Hypnotist stance, etc.

I haven't been following, what did Ling get that's new? All I can remember is that she has Wang's low, high kick, and a safe high armor move.

Many would say that one of her strongest "buffs" is how AoP 2,1 (double advancing mid punches) are now guaranteed on hit instead of CH. This was balanced by making the string -12 in T7 instead of -10. Also, that string is always free if her leaping low punch from back turned connects (it recovers in AoP, and can be cancelled into full crouch).

Her juggle damage and wall carry are better than TTT2 Ling. Her block punishment is a bit better and some of her power attacks are a little safer.

sasuke_91

Smug people. What can I even say.
tumblr_mde5awWBdc1r1gapro1_400.gif

Had a bad day. :(

What happened?

AoP is like half a sidestep and that's pretty damn good because it's enough to evade most moves that don't track to your right.
It's enough to evade Jin's 1,2,3 which makes his 1,2,3_1,2,4 mix-up pretty useless.

Many would say that one of her strongest "buffs" is how AoP 2,1 (double advancing mid punches) are now guaranteed on hit instead of CH. This was balanced by making the string -12 in T7 instead of -10. Also, that string is always free if her leaping low punch from back turned connects (it recovers in AoP, and can be cancelled into full crouch).

Her juggle damage and wall carry are better than TTT2 Ling. Her block punishment is a bit better and some of her power attacks are a little safer.

Guaranteed after her leaping low punch? You mean RDS f,f+1? That sounds pretty damn good, especially at the wall.
Her buffs in T7 sound really good.

Pachimari

Sasuke, I made a post previously, about tonight. I have time so we can do some games if you want?

Sure. Are you going to be streaming?

If we get a bunch of guys in then yea sure! I will archive the footage as well.
When are you gonna play? I can't be on until in about 4-5 hours.

I also think I will go with pad instead of stick. After all I'm gonna spend most of my Tekken time at home and not at the arcade. My side stepping and back dashing is much better with pad than with stick.

FR location test in mid Febuary. Expecting March or April release.
Is this confirmed? I would be thrilled if Fated Retribution releases in March or April, then I'll get to play it.

When are you gonna play? I can't be on until in about 4-5 hours.

I also think I will go with pad instead of stick. After all I'm gonna spend most of my Tekken time at home and not at the arcade. My side stepping and back dashing is much better with pad than with stick.

Is this confirmed? I would be thrilled if Fated Retribution releases in March or April, then I'll get to play it.

I am at work at the moment. It's currently 10am here, I won't get off work till 6pm.

Pachimari

I'm totally up for games at that time. I'll do my Bruce, but I still can't decide if I should do a Tag team with Marshall or just do solo to really learn Bruce. I also think I will write down a plan, to play 30-50 online matches a day and see how I fare.

9 pm is fine for me, gives me time to eat mah burrito. Do you guys know if PlayStation parties are cross-platform? i only have a headset that works for ps4.

Sayah

What happened buddy?

What happened?

I won't bore you with the details but just had to deal with passive aggressive smug-ness from someone, which kind of ruined the day. Not a character trait I like or appreciate and haven't had to deal with in the past but at least it's not as bad as a combination of narcissistic/self absorbed/selfish people.

I'm generally extremely easy to get along with and can accommodate different personalities. It takes a special kind of someone to piss me off. It doesn't happen that often and when it does it's an annoying life moment.

Pachimari

But if they do a location test in Japan next month. Is there a chance, that it'll release in the rest of Asia by April? I'll be in the Philippines at that time, and would love to try out FR.

Anyway, I'm gonna play against random people in Tag 2 and see how I fare now.

Try those easy combos.

df+2 or uf+4 for launch

Or just 1,2,4 then f+1 for bound

Thanks for all the tips. I'm just gonna practice these today. I can barely remember anything after the launcher. For some reason, I have a bad memory.

Numb

Today I am at:

I'm practicing movement and launchers.

Player matches are a good place with lots of variety
Sessions is for buds mostly and much less variety
Ranked is ranked

Make sure to not just be playing without a reason
Movement is a thing you always are doing and launchers are rewards for mixups and reads. Remeber you can also win with pokes,lows and grabs

Pachimari

I played Ranked, and thought we would have a even match, and be somewhat equal, but most of the time if not all four, I got destroyed.

I'm currently using launchers (but don't know any juggles, so I just try to do a 1,2 ,4 and I also do grabs to surprise the opponent. Lows is also something I try to do - they seem to not expect low attacks most of the time.

Are pokes just small punches, to lure the opponent into an attack or movement?

Numb

I played Ranked, and thought we would have a even match, and be somewhat equal, but most of the time if not all four, I got destroyed.

I'm currently using launchers (but don't know any juggles, so I just try to do a 1,2 ,4 and I also do grabs to surprise the opponent. Lows is also something I try to do - they seem to not expect low attacks most of the time.

Play player matches for now. You'll face all manner of players and even some who are playing a character each.

Remember the command list and the examples. When you learn the command list good enough you can watch some matches and see each move as it comes out in combos and can copy right there.

People online don't care about lows or grabs and think it's unfair. So abuse them as much as you are able to get away with

You can use the pokes to shutdown stuff,are faster and hit before if they have commited to big stuff and enforces your own game on them. They are muliti-purpose on top of being safer than lots of stuff

No way man. I've never had problems with Ling AOPing through shit in Tag 2 even with Lee. In DR Lee could not hit her like at all she SSR AOPed. That match up was a legit 7-3. BR it was more like a 6.25, Tag 2 6-4 at worst. Again through Manny I am only seeing this through the eyes of the Lee Ling Match & I was fighting LingMass in BR and DR. My perspective might be off.

Actually the good Doctor Massacre will be in town the next two days so if you want I can ask him for clarification.
I get quite irritated with people who complain about AOP these days. Tekken 5 DR AOP was insanely evasive, but let's be real for a second.

4qYvCxi.gif

Add 6+ frames to that for a SS~AOP. People moan so hard about a 30 frame launcher... Believing they simply MUST hit Xiaoyu WHEN she is in AOP. Not dawning on them to just block what she does out of it and punish or whatever. Then Xiao players just do her sweep low ( AOP 4~3 ), and no one blocks it nor punishes it even though something as slow as a ground throw is guaranteed.

I am hopeful that PLing finally gets people to learn the matchup, whereby I also drop bad habits against people who don't do their homework. I am shocked at how good Xiao is in T7, but I am already expecting huge nerfs before console because people are lazy. Anyway, I got beat pretty bad by a Lee and by the girl Kazamas in the recent Fingers To Fight Online Tournament. So, I will probably spend 4-6 hours in practice mode against each. Good day!

sasuke_91

@Sayah: There's a lot of different types of people, but some are just simple assholes. I try to keep a healthy distance from these guys.

I can play too. (Add me, "Cephiria" on PSN if you haven't yet)

You're back to Tekken? I've only seen you playing Bloodborne lately.
By the way, I definitely have to play the game again with the DLC. Seems to be an even better game with it.

9 pm is fine for me, gives me time to eat mah burrito. Do you guys know if PlayStation parties are cross-platform? i only have a headset that works for ps4.

I meant 9 PM for me, 8 PM for you. I guess both is fine, but I might not be able to play for too long if we start at 10 PM (9 PM for you... this is confusing!).

I have no idea if the parties are cross platform, sorry.

Remember that TTT2 has been released 3 years ago. Most beginners have given up and Ranked is full of pros re-ranking. If you want to meet a beginner now and then, try Player Matches.

Lows and throws is what makes your opponent panic. Randomly ducking is basically a no-go, so fast lows will almost always get your opponent.

You also use pokes to keep your opponent busy. If you watch Tekken matches Online, you'll see that there's almost no instant where the characters stand in front of each other and do nothing. You try to force your game plan on your opponent.

Pachimari

So I need to be aggressive in order to force my own game plan upon my opponent? I always liked to be more defensive and anticipate.

But to be honest. I'm really not feeling Bruce. Marshall is more my style and he clicks way better with me. I'm just using Bruce to somewhat warm up to Josie.

I'll try Player Matches from now on. :)

You're back to Tekken? I've only seen you playing Bloodborne lately.
By the way, I definitely have to play the game again with the DLC. Seems to be an even better game with it.

I finished the DLC and got the first ending yesterday \o/

Probably will want to mess with NG+, but this is a good time for some Tekkens i think.

Numb

Being aggressive and defensive is dependant on your movement in the end since it's so crucial to both.
Can't hit an opponent that's always dancing around you and can't get away from one and catch a breather that's always on top of you etc

Manbig

All I know is that it got around Marduk's d/f1 and f1+2. Both moves that are great in tracking in that direction and have fantastic hitboxes. Hell, Marduk/s d/f1 hits relaxed and at certain angles, it even hits grounded.

GrayFoxPL

Yo guys I hope you'll be playing saturday. I can only play till 19.00. Don't leave me alone with those reranking, lagswitching clowns.

So I need to be aggressive in order to force my own game plan upon my opponent? I always liked to be more defensive and anticipate.

But to be honest. I'm really not feeling Bruce. Marshall is more my style and he clicks way better with me. I'm just using Bruce to somewhat warm up to Josie.

I'll try Player Matches from now on. :)

I msg you on psn, but maybe you just left console online or this wasn't your id. What's your psn?

You still gotta learn combos. Base fighting, pokes, movement can only get you that far.
When I met Sasuke, he had all that but he didn't have combos so I beat him. I told him he'd win many times if used couple of decent combos. So he worked on it hard and after few months he build up such a massive combo game that now he makes me and Numb cry in a pillow every night while listening to Phil Collins.

Sasuke hurts us, Sasuke hurts us bad. He'll hurt you too. But that's good.

That's why you need combos, to make people cry themselves to sleep! Yes!

Anyway combos aren't only for damage, show or ego masturbation. Very important is that at the end of combo/juggle you set up your opponent for more pain. Like putting him in the corner where he has 0.000000000002% chance he escapes unharmed. Or spike him down so he can't tech roll and is forced to guess what happens next.

4 hours until Just Frame Ling drops unnecessary setups.

What? Where? Stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom