• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I msg you on psn, but maybe you just left console online or this wasn't your id. What's your psn?

I only just saw your message 30 minutes ago on my phone but it was empty. Maybe it was an invite? Anyway, my PS3 is just left on because it is downloading 3 games, so I'm not at the PlayStation. :)

I gotta train my memory to remember those combos, juggles, bounds and all that.

GrayFoxPL

I only just saw your message 30 minutes ago on my phone but it was empty. Maybe it was an invite? Anyway, my PS3 is just left on because it is downloading 3 games, so I'm not at the PlayStation. :)

I gotta train my memory to remember those combos, juggles, bounds and all that.

The header should say about if you wanna play tag 2, but anyway, it doesn't matter. Next time.

I got a really bad memory for those things too. But they gotta go in sometime.

sasuke_91

You still gotta learn combos. Base fighting, pokes, movement can only get you that far.
When I met Sasuke, he had all that but he didn't have combos so I beat him. I told him he'd win many times if used couple of decent combos. So he worked on it hard and after few months he build up such a massive combo game that now he makes me and Numb cry in a pillow every night while listening to Phil Collins.

Sasuke hurts us, Sasuke hurts us bad. He'll hurt you too. But that's good.

That's why you need combos, to make people cry themselves to sleep! Yes!

Anyway combos aren't only for damage, show or ego masturbation. Very important is that at the end of combo/juggle you set up your opponent for more pain. Like putting him in the corner where he has 0.000000000002% chance he escapes unharmed. Or spike him down so he can't tech roll and is forced to guess what happens next.

Thanks man^^

By learning combos, you also get to improve your execution by the way. Because some combos are so strict in terms of timing, you have to learn to hit the right buttons at the right moment.

The hardest thing about combos is probably adjusting them when you hit your opponent at the side or backturned. I can't do combos when my opponent is backturned. Especially when I'm near the wall.

GrayFoxPL

Oh yeah backturned combos - whole other area right here.

One good thing is when you use combos that normally backturn opponent they flip them right way when they're backturned. When it happens on accident:

i6R7fdf.gif

YESSSS, Numb no longer owns my soul!

Ahem, ggs guys. =3

Tips for speedwagon since he asked (keeping in mind that i'm not that great myself <.< ) :
-Vary up your timing a bit. It's okay to give people enough rope to hang themselves. Quitting some strings in the middle and backdashing to look for a whiff, and mixing that up with completing or delayed completing it is pretty good.
-Try some more punishes. A lot of unsafe stuff is going unpunished. Of course learning all that for every character will take a while, but you have to at least try your fastest punish out on stuff so you can get an idea.
-Occasionally duck. Yeah, the mids are scarier than the lows generally, but if you never duck you're just gonna get mauled.

Edit: I can play tomorrow too btw.

AAK

Dang, JustFrameNope is here too eh, pretty stacked tournament. I never got a single round on JFN everytime I went up against his Ganryu online.

joeblow

Guaranteed after her leaping low punch? You mean RDS f,f+1? That sounds pretty damn good, especially at the wall.
Her buffs in T7 sound really good.

Yeah, but the command is now RDS u+1. They also added that move to her normal front "stance" (input u+1), but it doesn't guarantee anything on hit like the RDS version. It's still +11 though I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom