• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuddle knocks SK into Losers.....

ThorNoIdea.gif

LOVE WON.

Pachimari

Mid

uf+4 also mid.
But when I do the launcher my opponent goes high up in the air.

Ok, you guys want me to do this again tomorrow? Thanks for the tips, I need as much help as I can get really.
Yes. I want to practice with you guys and get some more feedback. And implement stuff I have learned.

In a few hours I will practice in Player Matches too.

And dang it. I missed the tournament.

Pachimari

I gotta practice this one when doing player matches:

df+2 (launcher)
1,2,4 then f+1 (bound)
d+3,4 (juggling I guess?)
db+2,1,4 (juggling I guess?)

Set counter to on and hit b+2 then hit the easy combos f+3, d+3,4 or go straight to d+3,4

What does this mean? Is this for Practice mode?

Manbig

Are you surprised by this?

EDIT: People really overestimate Speedkicks. Not sure why.

Well he is a good player. He's a child genius, and he trains with one of the best in the country. He just has a long way to go to prove himself as a true top player. Like I've said before, dude has no clutch. It doesn't matter how smart he is, or how knowledgeable he is at the game. If he can't execute any of that stuff in high pressure situations, then he might as well be that shitty ass online Ogre player that everyone was jizzing their pants over.

Pachimari

I finally did this combo in Practice!

df+2 (launcher)
1,2,4 then f+1 (bound)
d+3,4 (juggling I guess?)

It took me 30 minutes. I still haven't gotten it down though. I think it is hard to hit the opponent with 4 in the "d+3,4". And I'm still confused if I should launch the opponent high or mid in the air with the launcher.

[edit]
Yup, I can not connect 4. The opponent flies too far away for me to hit him.

Well he is a good player. He's a child genius, and he trains with one of the best in the country. He just has a long way to go to prove himself as a true top player. Like I've said before, dude has no clutch. It doesn't matter how smart he is, or how knowledgeable he is at the game. If he can't execute any of that stuff in high pressure situations, then he might as well be that shitty ass online Ogre player that everyone was jizzing their pants over.

He just got straight outplayed today. It's not really a surprise since he hasn't taken the game seriously in months. Random scrub squashing on 360 the past few weeks is not enough.

Pachimari

I really can not connect 4. :(

Just won 3 Player Matches and lost 1.

Is it normal to get hate messages after matches? I just got a "I break you life bith"

Also, what time are we playing? I'm free all weekend. I'm really having fun and really hope I can become just as good as the rest of you!

I really can not connect 4. :(

Just won 3 Player Matches and lost 1.

Is it normal to get hate messages after matches? I just got a "I break you life bith"

Also, what time are we playing? I'm free all weekend. I'm really having fun and really hope I can become just as good as the rest of you!

Enjoy the hate lol

Pachimari

Somebody gotta help me with the the juggle after bound - the 4. I can't get the timing down. And so I can not progress with my juggle. It does feel good doing a bound though.

BRUCE IRVIN!!!

Doomshine

Somebody gotta help me with the the juggle after bound - the 4. I can't get the timing down. And so I can not progress with my juggle. It does feel good doing a bound though.

BRUCE IRVIN!!!

are you ending your combo with d+3,4? An easier and probably better ender would be uf+3+4.

Pachimari

No, I'm not ending it. It's the first juggle and then after that 4, I planned on adding another juggle (db+2, 1, 4) that GrayFox suggested. I just can't connect the d+3 with 4. The kick doesn't hit my opponent because the first kick kicks him too far away.

Doomshine

No, I'm not ending it. It's the first juggle and then after that 4, I planned on adding another juggle (db+2, 1, 4) that GrayFox suggested. I just can't connect the d+3 with 4. The kick doesn't hit my opponent because the first kick kicks him too far away.

I'm not sure what combo you're trying to do, but you're not going to be able to do much after d+3,4 since he automatically goes into stance after the 4.

Subscriber only archives huh...

Manbig

Subscriber only archives huh...

That sucks. It worked when that stream was still live. I'm not a subscriber and was able to watch it. I guess I'll try to describe what happened.

Majin's King finished a wall combo on Gamble's Leo and went for the running tackle while Lei came in on tag crash. So King was facing the wall, while Lei dashed in on him. Gamble's Lei ended up doing the Low, High kick string at King's back (I forget if it's d3,3 or d4,4) so Majin's King, while still back turned, did King's Jaguar Step (3+4) to hop over the low, and then he turned around in full crouch to duck the high and hit him with FC d/f+2 for the kill.

DEATH™

That sucks. It worked when that stream was still live. I'm not a subscriber and was able to watch it. I guess I'll try to describe what happened.

Majin's King finished a wall combo on Gamble's Leo and went for the running tackle while Lei came in on tag crash. So King was facing the wall, while Lei dashed in on him. Gamble's Lei ended up doing the Low, High kick string at King's back (I forget if it's d3,3 or d4,4) so Majin's King, while still back turned, did King's Jaguar Step (3+4) to hop over the low, and then he turned around in full crouch to duck the high and hit him with FC d/f+2 for the kill.

Dude that's the BT JGS haha step I was working on before! Majin stealing my tech! Kappa

Seriously though, these little things I think why King is a much underrated char. Many of his tools allow such creative "tech" that when used properly, increases his already solid gameplay. The problem was you have to freaking main him just to even recognize that and I don't even think every single King player I see (even Koreans) are able to fully play TTT2 King to his full potential.

Sayah

Pokken Tournament Arcade Release: July 16, 2015
Pokken Tournament Worldwide Console Release: March 18, 2016

I think this game wasn't a hit in the arcades.

Maybe I'll buy. I didn't enjoy it that much from the little I played.

Pokken Tournament Arcade Release: July 16, 2015
Pokken Tournament Worldwide Console Release: March 18, 2016

I think this game wasn't a hit in the arcades.

Maybe I'll buy. I didn't enjoy it that much from the little I played.

Couldn't release much later than that, if rumors are to be believed about NX being unveiled at E3 and launched at the end of the year. Gotta push all the Wii U content left ASAP.

It did underperform in arcades though.

Sayah

Couldn't release much later than that, if rumors are to be believed about NX being unveiled at E3 and launched at the end of the year. Gotta push all the Wii U content left ASAP.

It did underperform in arcades though.

That probably is the other reason it's being pushed out so fast. Though, we have Star Fox and SMTXFE coming later I think.

Whatever the case, I really hope Nintendo's next console keeps the second screen experience.

And also, I would have preferred Pokken to keep a confined camera angle instead of switching back and forth into field phase. I think this game may have worked out better as a 2D fighter.

Pachimari

Oh no. The second screen have to go. It's the worst controller in a long time. Though keep it on the handheld. And yeah I agree, would have been nice if Pokken just had the sideways camera.

Actually, I feel like I'm getting a little bit better at Tekken.

Sayah

Oh no. The second screen have to go. It's the worst controller in a long time. Though keep it on the handheld. And yeah I agree, would have been nice if Pokken just had the sideways camera.

Actually, I feel like I'm getting a little bit better at Tekken.

What makes you hate the second screen?

A lot of the games used it in amazing ways. Like I've been playing Splatoon recently and the gamepad screen has a really fun mini game to play while you wait for the lobby player spots to fill up on the main TV screen. It really adds a lot to the gaming experience.

Edit: For Pokken, I also don't get why they named it that way. It's nothing at all like Tekken so the Pokemon+Tekken name mixture makes no sense to me.

Pachimari

Oh, I don't hate the idea or concept of it. The controller itself isn't ergonomically nice and it just doesn't feel good having in my hands. And the materials makes it feel cheap. I also think most games didn't utilize it well, but Splatoon did great by it. I like that you can jump to another place on the map by tapping the screen.

Sayah

Oh, I don't hate the idea or concept of it. The controller itself isn't ergonomically nice and it just doesn't feel good having in my hands. And the materials makes it feel cheap. I also think most games didn't utilize it well, but Splatoon did great by it. I like that you can jump to another place on the map by tapping the screen.

I like the feel of it in my hands. >_>

And played through a lot of games just fine (Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, etc.).

Pachimari

I sold my whole Wii U collection lol. Kind of wish I hadn't though, I would really like to try out the new characters in Smash Bros and Pokken as well. Lots of quality games on the platform.

Sayah

I sold my whole Wii U collection lol. Kind of wish I hadn't though, I would really like to try out the new characters in Smash Bros and Pokken as well. Lots of quality games on the platform.

I really wish it had sold better and there wasn't the massive downturn in sales after the success coming off the Wii.

Nintendo tried pretty hard and the first party lineup has been really solid but third parties pretty much abandoned the console after lackluster sales.

Nintendo also has to really step up their game. The fact that I can't see game invites/messages/notifications while playing a game just shows how far behind they are in certain aspects. You have to separately open up Miiverse and manually check to see if you received a message, which is quite terrible.

Nuszka

I can play now if you want.

We can play with speedwagon, Numb and Cephiria whenever they want.

We really need to get some games on. I work in a restaurant so weekends and most evenings are out of question. I will be available tomorrow from around 8pm eu time. Have mon, tue off as well. Need to get back on that tk train again.

Pachimari

Hmm, I really can not connect 1,4 in the "db+2,1,4 (end)".

Instead of 1,2,4 then f+1 (bound)
do f+3, 2,4 then f+1 = more damage.
I'll try this later, when I get the one I'm practicing down. :)

I just woke up, but I'm down for some Tekken!
Invite me. I think I might have about 30 minutes.

I can play now if you want.

We can play with speedwagon, Numb and Cephiria whenever they want.
Oh shit, I haven't seen this. And apparently I never see my invites on the PS3 itself either. Sorry about that sasuke. I'm online for the next 30 minutes.

[edit]
That's it! I just did my first full combo in Tekken ever!!!!! Wahahahaha it feels so goooooood.

I did this one:

df+2 (launcher)
1,2,4 then f+1 (bound)
d+3,4 (juggle)
db+2,1,4 (end)

Finally nailed the ending. I were just too slow before.

Pachimari

This is not to sound like an excuse, but every time I squeeze the controller, it registers as a up, down or x lol. So when I twist and turn it, or even put pressure on it, it registers as one of the buttons.

Anyway, I gotta work on that defense. And will change my combo in Practice. What was it that you were suggesting GrayFox?

I'll also use more lows, and d3,4 and 1,2,4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom