• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I rarely watch tournaments but I kind of want to change that a bit. So I'm gonna watch this stream, just tuned in. P. Ling is one I should look out for? Are there any good Josie players out there already?

Sayah

The sexism on display in the stream chat is very offputting along with the identification of Arab clothing as being synonymous with isis.

GrayFoxPL

Baek's move won everything.

Get the point Harada-San?

1z4YTLi.jpg

Pachimari

Had so much fun watching it on my tv. There's some intense moments were you are kind of holding your breath lol.

Good on speed for winning. I hope he'll eventually come to like Tekken 7 though.

Manbig

I remember his tag in ranked matches.
What else has he done?

He's not as bad as I make it sound. I only met him once during the DR days where he came over here and Fraz, who used to reside in Florida for a while, introduced me to him. He was cool at that time.

I hang out in Aris' chat a lot though, and every time that dude comes around and talks about stuff, he shows his true colors. He's not a super bad guy, but I very much don't care for him.

AAK

Congrats to SK. Although both Gamble and SK got that far from gimmicks. You can interrupt Gamble's abuse of ws+4,1+2 and SK's constant use of the armor move from Flamingo was never punished.

I also don't know if any of you guys are watching the MK stream, but Slips is one of the greatest talents in commentary I've ever seen that the Tekken community lost to another game. Miss the days of him commentating Tekken.

Reusing animations from SoulCalibur is not really a big deal since the animations still look fine and don't muck up the game in anyway. And it's only a small chunk of animations. The rest is just a matter of moves being re-assigned from past Tekken characters to new Tekken characters. Customizations on the other hand.............

It's a good thing, in fact, that SoulCalibur exists. Even TTT2's good netcode was based on the success with SCV, and if I was Namco, I would also be capitalizing on having two premier fighting game franchises and seeing how concepts and content could be cross-utilized to reduce costs and increase revenue. But again, customizations are where I have a problem here. Presentation is absolutely important. Having a small chunk of animations from another game isn't going to hinder presentation in any significant way. But having a wide assortment of recycled customs that everyone uses is definitely going to have a large-scale impact on presentation.

My comment wasn't about the quality of the animation, but more arguing that Claudio's f+1+2,1+2 is ripped from Algol's 4+B,A to those who think it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom