• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

That was nearly a year after the launch Tag 2 AAK. You explanation makes no sense. Is the Bronson storyline that compelling? He is name is definitely not as recognized as someone like Justin, Daigo, or even Chris G. We are talking about by far the most watched EVO Top 8 of All Time. The discrepancy between the Twitch views and the youtube views makes me think that a lot of those views are coming from outside the US.

More closer to half a year. But my point still stands. And the Bronson storyline is by far secondary to the fact that TTT2 has so many new things for a viewer to take in that wasn't in previous games.

And I'm gonna have to contest you on "most watched EVO Top 8 of all time". Have you consolidated how many people watched on YouTube combined top 8 + Twitch Archive + Individiual Match videos + The live twitch viewership for every game and tabulated that TTT2's EVO2013 is by far the most watched? Unless you can show me a figure that has that, I find it impossible that is more than SF, Smash, and others.

BTW I'm trying to learn K-Bob right now. What's his basic bnbs?

This video has everything you need.

That was nearly a year after the launch Tag 2 AAK. You explanation makes no sense. Is the Bronson storyline that compelling? He is name is definitely not as recognized as someone like Justin, Daigo, or even Chris G. We are talking about by far the most watched EVO Top 8 of All Time. The discrepancy between the Twitch views and the youtube views makes me think that a lot of those views are coming from outside the US.

Maybe it got Shared because of Bronson vs Koreans? Maybe Korean's shared it?

More closer to half a year. But my point still stands. And the Bronson storyline is by far secondary to the fact that TTT2 has so many new things for a viewer to take in that wasn't in previous games.

And I'm gonna have to contest you on "most watched EVO Top 8 of all time". Have you consolidated how many people watched on YouTube combined top 8 + Twitch Archive + Individiual Match videos + The live twitch viewership for every game and tabulated that TTT2's EVO2013 is by far the most watched? Unless you can show me a figure that has that, I find it impossible that is more than SF, Smash, and others.

This video has everything you need.
And then you'd count all of those for Tag 2 as well. There is a nearly 600,000 view difference between Tag2 2013 and the second most viewed Top 8. There is no way you're going to find that many views on reuploads and Twitch to close that gap. Also it's definitely closer to a year than a year and 1/2. Tag 2 was released mid September 2012 and EVO 2013 was in mid July.

AAK

Feel free to believe that TTT2 had more viewers than SF and Smash. That's all on you. You're only taking one video as your source when there are so many more factors at play here.

Manbig

So GrayFox, I was going through my notes and you didn't have much to say on my Drag. Do you think I just need to work on what I have learnt and combo consistency, and also focus on developing my Angel as you said before?

One of the main problems I am having at the moment is movement with the stick (I am using this: Stick ) I have been using this stick for about 3 years and I have consistent trouble with moving the stick in some direction. So things like EWGF come out slow and sidestepping feels awkward, would a Korean stick maybe remedy this or do I just have to just get good?

You want Dragunov help? When is the next time you are available to do a 1v1? I'm okay with doing online training mode with headset too. I actually prefer it that way.

DEATH™

Why are you guys arguing over video views? lol.

c78.gif

lupinko

I don't have ps4 yet but for custom HDD covers, I'm just going to buy blank ones and get them laser etched and engraved.

Probably put Devil Asuka (thanks Markman!) and maybe other stuff on it.

Besides Dokodemo Issho covers, the only good one I've seen was the one given out by Capcom USA at special events for tourney winners. DiosX showed me his, which he either own at e3 or sdcc or I forget which.

Pachimari

I still love the Philippines stage. That TimeZone in the background! Those jeepneys! That sunset! It'll end up being one of my favorite stages.

I'm going to put a lot of focus on mix up's, and iwr 2. I can use f+3 df pretty consistently but I need to learn cc then. Numb went through some stuff with me regard doing 2 inputs into a string rather than the full 3 as well as pokes. db+3, cc(u,n) d+2, ws+4, d+4,4 I was trying to practice this yesterday, but I didn't know about the cc, so again i will put time into that.

OK, Thanks man. That was above and beyond what I was expecting so I will put it to use!

You want Dragunov help? When is the next time you are available to do a 1v1? I'm okay with doing online training mode with headset too. I actually prefer it that way.

Sure! I can only play from 8-9pm GMT, so if you're free then that would be great! thankyou.

Nuszka

Thanks for the games Numb and Gray. Note to myself learn Jinpachi matchup. I can't believe how much i forgotten since i stopped playing Tag2. But 2 years of rarely playing this game would do that to anyone i think.

Numb

Ggs guys
Gotta also learn that Jack you got there. ff1+2 destroyed me Nuszka
Gray just had to end it with shredders. No shame smh

Nuszka

Currently there are 27 selectable characters, FR added Akuma. I really hope we get 2 max 4 more characters(Nina,Lei) added . I am happy with the current rooster and if it was my decision i would stop at 28 but i know it won't happen.

Pachimari

The current roster:

zUcX0Zw.png
DbzqJv9.png
xUY00zV.png
dhLogQB.png
415smJq.png
e9hmT3f.png
n2XW4Br.png
I2yQGpl.png
JIPXBb1.png

eRQdaZP.png
9aZkmtS.png
kajECUu.png
Y4rFjEH.png
Qt9BCpQ.png
BIkQH2k.png
UjeUVpX.png
kd2FyXQ.png
zq7CLxn.png

Nhqkmgn.png
hYAOykD.png
HHGkFMe.png
7wlSMB5.png
EYpdEfJ.png
yNy6jWY.png
Y1HehGc.png
eq3d0zM.png
IkaHIpK.png

YbTEdD9.png

I hope for 35 characters in all. So 7 more. Nina, Lei, Kuma, Zafina, Miguel, JayCee, Eliza.
I'm actually also thinking Lee and Raven.

GrayFoxPL

I'm going to put a lot of focus on mix up's, and iwr 2. I can use f+3 df pretty consistently but I need to learn cc then. Numb went through some stuff with me regard doing 2 inputs into a string rather than the full 3 as well as pokes. db+3, cc(u,n) d+2, ws+4, d+4,4 I was trying to practice this yesterday, but I didn't know about the cc, so again i will put time into that.

OK, Thanks man. That was above and beyond what I was expecting so I will put it to use!

You're welcome. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the games Numb and Gray. Note to myself learn Jinpachi matchup. I can't believe how much i forgotten since i stopped playing Tag2. But 2 years of nearly playing this game would do that to anyone i think.

Gg, till next time!

Ggs guys
Gotta also learn that Jack you got there. ff1+2 destroyed me Nuszka
Gray just had to end it with shredders. No shame smh

LoL
1nzelyi.jpg
gRlCvcF.jpg

But you destroyed me mercilessly today. I shouldn't get caught in that character switching. Paul and Kaz have answers to everything.

I actually dislike that stage because of its lighting. Dope stage but TTT2 has weird ass lighting in a few stages.

Exactly. On my old TV I couldn't see shit on that stage and other shaded ones. Fighting blind.
They know they fucked up since in T7 characters are "glowing" even in shaded areas.

Hmm.. online for T5: DR on PS3 is apparently dead.

It was dead for years. But me and Nuszka gonna try playing it sometime soon.

Numb

LoL
1nzelyi.jpg
gRlCvcF.jpg

But you destroyed me merciesly today. I shouldn't get caught in that character switching. Paul and Kaz have answers to everything.
About even
We know how it ended
You started crouching alot i noticed and using crouch jabs to highcrush after poking and strings. Noted

GrayFoxPL

About even
We know how it ended
You started crouching alot i noticed and using crouch jabs to highcrush after poking and strings. Noted

I didn't know when I could push a button, insane pressure. Just later I noticed you pushed too many buttons.

Numb

You play faster than I can think. I mostly win because you're a little too careless with launch punishable moves :p

You right. I play but don't think
Don't like open stages either that's why i go to small ones like germany alot so it's a brawl than a footsie or thinking game lol
Trying to add safe moves and punishers into autopilot which it lacks for the moment. I get enough weird Mokujin characters that people don't punish enough tho which is lucky

GrayFoxPL

lol
Once you understand playstyle good enough i won't be able to win ever again

Nah, it's difficult to read you. I have an opinion that the rhythm of fighting is a big deal. Once someone syncs with opponent, he can change up his rhythm so he can score counter hits on opponent. I failed sync up with you all those lost fights. You fought faster and faster so I was always late trying to read when you'll push a button.

If you'll change up your pace I wont be able to win anymore.

sasuke_91

You right. I play but don't think
Don't like open stages either that's why i go to small ones like germany alot so it's a brawl than a footsie or thinking game lol
Trying to add safe moves and punishers into autopilot which it lacks for the moment. I get enough weird Mokujin characters that people don't punish enough tho which is lucky
I try to be as patient as possible, even when my opponent spams the shit out of me.

Wanna play in about an hour? Anyone else here who wants to join?

Numb

Nah, it's difficult to read you. I have an opinion that the rhythm of fighting is a big deal. Once someone syncs with opponent, he can change up his rhythm so he can score counter hits on opponent. I failed sync up with you all those lost fights. You fought faster and faster so I was always late trying to read when you'll push a button.

If you'll change up your pace I wont be able to win anymore.
Pressing the buttons harder and harder
Started as a masher
Still one lol

I try to be as patient as possible, even when my opponent spams the shit out of me.

Wanna play in about an hour? Anyone else here who wants to join?
I'm down
Just say when

sasuke_91

Disconnects everywhere... PSN has been like this for 3 days now, getting worse every day. Does everyone have this issue? My friends say it's fine on PS4 but a catastrophy on PS3. This is unacceptable...
A friend of mine already counts the days until Sony announces PS3 Server shutdown :p

Ggs Numb. You destroyed me. You destroyed me hard today. My PS3 pad feels like it'll break any moment, so I had to change to PS4 pad at some point. One thing that I don't quite understand... You threw launch punishable moves at me and I tried punishing them the same way I always do, but it didn't work! I found this really weird. I thought it may be because of lag, but I didn't notice any bad lag. Maybe my timing was just a little off.

Numb

Disconnects everywhere... PSN has been like this for 3 days now, getting worse every day. Does everyone have this issue? My friends say it's fine on PS4 but a catastrophy on PS3. This is unacceptable...
A friend of mine already counts the days until Sony announces PS3 Server shutdown :p

Ggs Numb. You destroyed me. You destroyed me hard today. My PS3 pad feels like it'll break any moment, so I had to change to PS4 pad at some point. One thing that I don't quite understand... You threw launch punishable moves at me and I tried punishing them the same way I always do, but it didn't work! I found this really weird. I thought it may be because of lag, but I didn't notice any bad lag. Maybe my timing was just a little off.
You remember how shit psn was for me before
Got lucky this time

ggs man. You seemed little rustier than last time when you rekt me.
I don't know about the punish stuff. Usually worked before. Must be the new pad.
If you are still up for some Nuszka wants it

sasuke_91

You remember how shit psn was for me before
Got lucky this time

ggs man. You seemed little rustier than last time when you rekt me.
I don't know about the punish stuff. Usually worked before. Must be the new pad.
If you are still up for some Nuszka wants it
Maybe I had a good day, but I haven't been playing that good lately.

Just tell me when you guys are ready, I'll hop right back.

GrayFoxPL

Some MM T7 impressions.

Mostly about Mishimas. Interesting to hear that JP players call Kazuya's b+4 broken.

Will the nerf stick hit Kaz in FR? Will Hei's most boring iteration get buffed? We'll see soon.

Just for the love of god give him some new moves. They can rip it straight from T5 winpose animations if they can't be bothered making new.

Gx3pOHs.gif

3,4 or 4,3 spin kicks anyone? Kaz used to spin kick shit, remember?

oscunuw.gif

This could be transition to his Fujin stance, like Hei has Raijin, makes sense. 3+4 is currently used for same move as 3 but with tiny bit of damage more. What a nonsense waste.

8RWZSOw.gif

This could be like transition ch throw shit or whatever.

Not like they didn't rip that ground pound move frome Heihachi's winpose.

Just do something more ambitious then b+4. Jeez.

Edit.

Yeah, PSN is having those days again.

Luckily disconnects missed my fights.

It hasn't been good to me either. I haven't played much because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom