• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

DEATH™;192475214 said:
Can someone link me to SK opinions to T7?

You have to be a subscriber,

He just said he doesn't like the stiff movement despite the changes and additions making his character so cheap and helping him win the tournament.

GrayFoxPL

You have to be a subscriber,

He just said he doesn't like the stiff movement despite the changes and additions making his character so cheap and helping him win the tournament.

Haha most dudes would never admit their character is cheap and they'd go silently cheesing everyone with smirks on their faces.

I like this guy more now.

I wasn't surprised by what Speed said about T7 since he's said the same thing multiple times before on other streams and in chats. He considered not playing T7 at all because of how restrictive the movement feels.

Sayah

My comment wasn't about the quality of the animation, but more arguing that Claudio's f+1+2,1+2 is ripped from Algol's 4+B,A to those who think it isn't.

I know. That was just my side comment.

He's not as bad as I make it sound. I only met him once during the DR days where he came over here and Fraz, who used to reside in Florida for a while, introduced me to him. He was cool at that time.

I hang out in Aris' chat a lot though, and every time that dude comes around and talks about stuff, he shows his true colors. He's not a super bad guy, but I very much don't care for him.

Ah okay.

Well, I try my best not to judge people anyway. :p

Dereck

No you don't. I just watched it.
Cool.

Here's a gif

4AOkeEo.gif

Pachimari

Today is my Practice day, so I'm gonna try out all the feedback I have gotten from you. It would be cool, if I could set aside 3 hours a day for practice. Excuse me, but I'm just gonna list all of the feedback I got here, so I have it in one place

Madridista, i don't know what those combos are, but if you want somewhere beginner easy mode to start with Bruce:

For combos:
df+2 or uf+4 (launcher), then
f+4,3,4 (goes into muay thai stance), then
f+1 (the bound), then
uf+3+4 (consistent finish)

You'll want a better ender later on probably, but try that.

As to pokes and stuff:
From mid range try using b+2 and 3,2 or 3,3. These are your spacing tools, you can use them to interrupt folks trying to get closer to you.
The only low you need is d+4, since it is amazing. Use it to sneak damage in and to get people to duck, so you can hit them with your big mids like your launchers.

Good games guys. Thanks for playing early.

Madridista you mixed up the combos I gave you.

Few things.

Mid launcher means it hits opponent middle so he can't crouch under it.
I noticed you hit 1,2,4 too early so the kick misses.

I tested the easiest and most reliable Bruce combos for you.

Launch witch df+2 or uf+4 btw generally it'll be "luckier" for to launch witch uf+4 - it crushes lows meaning if opponent tries something like a sweep or crouching punch you'll "win" with uf+4 and launch them.(generally)

so df+2 or uf+4
then 2,4, f+1 bound - (it's the shorter version of 1,2,4, f+1)
(d+3,4, f+1 bound should work too)

after bound hit b+4,3,4(triple knees)
or
db+2,1,4

You don't have to dash in or do any other movement. Everything will hit with you just standing there.
It's the easiest I could find that hit 100% of the time.

Use the combo SquirrelSoup told you too. Unless you find it to miss too much.

Madridista, you were really aggressive with the grabs in one match, that was pretty good. You were a little too obvious sometimes (like starting the round with a 1 grab), but very good anyway. As Squirrel said, d+4 is a great low, abuse it.
Hate mails are a good sign by the way :p

Pachimari

If you are on later tonight lets say 8 h from now i can gladly play some friendly sparring games.

Let's see. It'll be 23:00 here at that time. :)

I think I'm gonna practice this one and get it down:

uf+4 (launch)
2,4, f+1 (bound)
b+4,3,4

[edit]
Wow. I can actually already do that combo consistently now. Maybe remembering the different combos aren't that hard.

b+d+4 seems to be really useful as well. Where he leans backwards and then kicks the opponent in the head.

GrayFoxPL

When I go to twitch archive for pandaxgaming the videos are for subscribers only.
Well done Panda.

Let's see. It'll be 23:00 here at that time. :)

I think I'm gonna practice this one and get it down:

[edit]
Wow. I can actually already do that combo consistently now. Maybe remembering the different combos aren't that hard.

b+d+4 seems to be really useful as well. Where he leans backwards and then kicks the opponent in the head.

See, you're gonna do good. It's gonna go smooth. Big part is memorizing stuff.

train also with counter hit on (advanced settings, counter:eek:n in practice mode)

B+2 (opponent crumples at your feet if it's a counter hit. If it's normal hit opponent falls way back and you can't combo)
then
d+3,4 f+1 bound
then b+4,3,4
or
db+2,1,4
for easy combo.

After getting familiar with combos in practice mode, try using them during arcade fights against cpu.

db+4 is very good, yes. You can also use db+3,4 similarly.

Later we'll teach you Mts and 3,2 F stuff.

Practice makes perfect.

So GrayFox, I was going through my notes and you didn't have much to say on my Drag. Do you think I just need to work on what I have learnt and combo consistency, and also focus on developing my Angel as you said before?

One of the main problems I am having at the moment is movement with the stick (I am using this: Stick ) I have been using this stick for about 3 years and I have consistent trouble with moving the stick in some direction. So things like EWGF come out slow and sidestepping feels awkward, would a Korean stick maybe remedy this or do I just have to just get good?

GrayFoxPL

So GrayFox, I was going through my notes and you didn't have much to say on my Drag. Do you think I just need to work on what I have learnt and combo consistency, and also focus on developing my Angel as you said before?

One of the main problems I am having at the moment is movement with the stick (I am using this: Stick ) I have been using this stick for about 3 years and I have consistent trouble with moving the stick in some direction. So things like EWGF come out slow and sidestepping feels awkward, would a Korean stick maybe remedy this or do I just have to just get good?

I'm not a Drag expert. I picked him up just not long ago so he is in baby phase. Doomshine has fantastic Dragunov but I don't know where he is lately.
When you beat me with Drag You used his frame advantage tools, d+2 and mixups, and that's generally how you should do it. I can give you some more notes how Dragunov works.

Basic Dragunov is all about frame advantage.
Advanced Dragunov is about frame advantage, iwr 2, crouch canceling, iws pressure and insane wall carry combos with f3 DF cancels and more.

Without going into super advanced shit I can tell you about more grounded stuff.

Get the frame advantage on block with these moves:
b+1+2
fff+2
b+4,2,1
ff+4 (kinda, it's +1 at best)
ff+3 (pushback is strong)

After those you can attempt counter hits with, jabs, df+2, strings like 1,2,1 , b+4,2,1 or your favorite df+1,4 or just d+2.

b+4,2,1 is one of the cheapest strings in the game. At least in the online environment. Online players whenever they are losing will fire up this string like it's Holy Mary, and for a good reason.
It's a natural combo, the whole thing.
It's +8 on hit and +4 on block.
The b+4,2 part forces crouch on hit.
You can hold D after b+4,2 to recover crouching
You can delay it.
Insane damage on rage.
Mixups.

You can duck the last hit on block but given Drag's options, opponent is just lucky to score a dick punch(d+1) and try to get away. Because what if Drag does only b+4,2 and nothing? Dick punch wont even hit because he's safe after b+4,2. He can backdash, he can sidestep. He can do whatever he wants.

Doomshine dismantled me with that string alone when we fought.

First I got hit repeatedly over and over. Then I started blocking it. But I couldn't even jab myself free after block since he ch me due to frame advantage. Then I started ducking the last hit. When he noticed that he changed tactics, he did only b+4,2 I duck and he hit me with mids. Like b+4,2 another b+4,2,1 or b+4,2 into b+4,3 (common trick) or df+2, uf+4, any shit imaginable.

By the end I was so confused I couldn't move and he hit me with everything he wanted.
At that time I didn't know anything about this string but I learned the hard way. This string is much more manageable offline, but online with lag? It's the worst nightmare. Best thing? At the wall it's even worse.

Use it.

Phew, I had to vent.

Some other thing you need to learn with Drag. Crouch canceling the d+2

To crouch cancel, you do d+2 and on recovery you quickly cancel with sidestep up then as quickly as possible cancel sidestep with some move.

d+2, u,n

The common shtick with Drag is doing:

d+2, ws4, d+2, ws4 etc.

So what if opponent caught up and expects ws4 after d+2? You cc into another d+2.

So d+2, cc(u,n) d+2, ect. So 2 in a row or what the hell 3 in a row! Opponent start blocking low? Go back to ws4 or hit ws+2 and launch or run up to him and do whatever you want. Dragunov doesn't give a fuck.

Use it.

There's even a usual combo involving cc. It's even in sample combos in move list I think.

You can crouch cancel db+3 also.
Notice that when db+3 doesn't transition into throw, it can trip opponent. When that happens you crouch cancel the db+3 into d+2, ws4, d+4,4

So:
db+3, cc(u,n) d+2, ws+4, d+4,4
db+3 is a risky move so better get all the damage you can.

Dragunov can do f+3 DF to transition into Dragunovs crouch dash and do his qcf moves.

Advanced stuff is that You can cc that crouch dash.

If you can do f+3,DF cc f+1 really, really smooth and fast then You can start doing Dragunov's most advanced combos, wall carries and constant pressure.

But I wont help you with that because I suck at crouch canceling, haha.

Another thing.

If you can hit fff(and hold forward with third f) faster then Flash eats his sandwich it's iwr. iwr works at zero range. iwr 2 is Drags tool to maul people at any range you want. Use it and abuse it if you can.

I won't help you with this. I suck at iwr more then at crouch canceling.

Little note:
Don't do whole 3,1,2 string.
Do only 3,1 and go for d+2 mixups I wrote above or b+4,2 stuff or throw etc.

Last note:
uf+4 is most used low crush, d+4,1,4 is guaranteed combo after that. Use it often because people will attempt a lot of dick punches against Drag.

There's billion more things to go but I'm gonna wrap this one up for now. Hope it helps a little!

The stick stuff.

I'm a pad player myself. I played stick a little back in the day and I would still till now but physical problems forced me to drop it. I can only tell you that many things depend how you hold the stick, the lever. Like I used to hold with palm upward, leaver between the four fingers(not counting thumb). Some players change position depending on P1, or P2 side. Sorry, that's all I can help.

As for EWGF training try out this technique:
Go into practice mode and do just f,n,2. Forward neutral 2 as many times as you can and as fast as you can without hitting accidental f+2.
Then later add d,df motion the moment you are hitting 2. It may even seem that you are hitting the d,df motion after hitting 2.
The strange thing I noticed. The left hand seems to be faster then the brain thinks it is. So you gotta "cheat" the brain. At least with my experience.

Maybe it'll work for you. If not, sorry.

Pachimari

See, you're gonna do good. It's gonna go smooth. Big part is memorizing stuff.

train also with counter hit on (advanced settings, counter:eek:n in practice mode)

B+2 (opponent crumples at your feet if it's a counter hit. If it's normal hit opponent falls way back and you can't combo)
then
d+3,4 f+1 bound
then b+4,3,4
or
db+2,1,4
for easy combo.

After getting familiar with combos in practice mode, try using them during arcade fights against cpu.

db+4 is very good, yes. You can also use db+3,4 similarly.

Later we'll teach you Mts and 3,2 F stuff.

Practice makes perfect.

Yeah, I'm gonna start up Practice again tomorrow, and I always take it all for a go in Ghost Battle. And eventually in Player Rankings to see how I fare, because I tend to forget my combo if I'm stressed or pressured during an online match.

I found out about db+3 in Practice as well but hadn't thought about following it up with a 4.

Man, I don't think I have been as happy a Tekken player as I currently am. I had never been able to do juggles or combos since Tekken 2 and suddenly it clicks for me. Thanks in most part to this very fine Tekken community we have here. I'm so grateful.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, I'm gonna start up Practice again tomorrow, and I always take it all for a go in Ghost Battle. And eventually in Player Rankings to see how I fare, because I tend to forget my combo if I'm stressed or pressured during an online match.

I found out about db+3 in Practice as well but hadn't thought about following it up with a 4.

Man, I don't think I have been as happy a Tekken player as I currently am. I had never been able to do juggles or combos since Tekken 2 and suddenly it clicks for me. Thanks in most part to this very fine Tekken community we have here. I'm so grateful.

Nothing better then a happy Tekken player. Great to hear the stuff is working for you. Keep it up.

Spuck-uk

Banned
ff+4 is...not great with Drag, looks like it crushes a lot more than it does, slow as hell..

Nailed it with b+4,2 1 though, incredible string.

Was good to see Waygamble still making Leo look strong. Loads of doom and gloom at TZ that she'd been neutered, turns out she's still a terror!

GrayFoxPL

ff+4 is...not great with Drag, looks like it crushes a lot more than it does, slow as hell..

Nailed it with b+4,2 1 though, incredible string.

Was good to see Waygamble still making Leo look strong. Loads of doom and gloom at TZ that she'd been neutered, turns out she's still a terror!

Yeah ff+4 is not great, but it's annoying used from a right distance or whacking grounded. Just my experience.

sasuke_91

Ggs Nuszka and av2k. Sorry for weak gameplay sometimes. I guess some bad habits caught on again. Lots of wrong inputs and dumb decisions :p

Tekken how i missed you :) ggs Sasuke.
Ggs man. You're a really good player and I guess you invested some time into the game in the past given that you also reached the yellow ranks.
You have a very strong 50/50. You basically killed me lots of times with Bruce's mixups alone. Not afraid to canstantly throw lows at me. Very aggressive, I like that.
Sometimes you're a little too aggressive though. Got you with lots of frame traps multiple times. You tend to mash after certain moves, which makes you eat counterhits. You caught on after some time though. I tried to hit you with some bigger ones at the end but you kept up your defense.
Your biggest weakness at the moment is your knowledge. Not only of your opponent's characters, but also of your own. Used a few duckable strings a little too frequently and became a little too obvious when you started to panic (something I'm guilty of as well), but you'll get that again after some time.
You're better at Tag in my opinion, but if you want to we can play Solo some times again (or T6 if you have the game). You asked if TTT2 is worth investing time in a few months before T7's release. It definitely is if you ask me. And some of your knowledge will be transferable 1:1 to that game as well.

Av2k, thanks for playing. We had some confusion at the beginning when it comes to communication haha :D

Also have to realize that there are multiple uploads of EVO finals as well. Not too take to much of that away from the numbers but something to consider.
That's not the point man. The point is there is this huge potential crowd out there for Tekken still. The question is how do we as a community tap into that. Only 30,000 some odd watched that live but over 30x that amount watched it on youtube. Why?

AAK

EVO2013 was the first EVO with TTT2. TTT2 is the sequel to TTT1 and the first Tekken (in 2013) that had a tag mode since 1999. That's 14 years people had without seeing a tag game. Also, TTT2 had tons and tons of new animations involving tag throws, tag assault mechanics, and also a storyline with Bronson vs Knee/Nin that EVO that is super spectator friendly. The #1 video with the Tom Brady vs PL in MK9 was the first major after that PDP launch tournie that really showed some top level play in that game and people flocked to it. People like seeing new stuff.

Bottom line is though, if T7:FR wants that same exposure, start showing brand new animations and mechanics that will wow everyone again like they used to. So far at least the art is getting a very long overdue overhaul, all that's left is to re-animate it and implement some new mechanics that are truly game changing.

av2k

Ggs Nuszka and av2k. Sorry for weak gameplay sometimes. I guess some bad habits caught on again. Lots of wrong inputs and dumb decisions :p

Ggs man. You're a really good player and I guess you invested some time into the game in the past given that you also reached the yellow ranks.
You have a very strong 50/50. You basically killed me lots of times with Bruce's mixups alone. Not afraid to canstantly throw lows at me. Very aggressive, I like that.
Sometimes you're a little too aggressive though. Got you with lots of frame traps multiple times. You tend to mash after certain moves, which makes you eat counterhits. You caught on after some time though. I tried to hit you with some bigger ones at the end but you kept up your defense.
Your biggest weakness at the moment is your knowledge. Not only of your opponent's characters, but also of your own. Used a few duckable strings a little too frequently and became a little too obvious when you started to panic (something I'm guilty of as well), but you'll get that again after some time.
You're better at Tag in my opinion, but if you want to we can play Solo some times again (or T6 if you have the game). You asked if TTT2 is worth investing time in a few months before T7's release. It definitely is if you ask me. And some of your knowledge will be transferable 1:1 to that game as well.

Av2k, thanks for playing. We had some confusion at the beginning when it comes to communication haha :D

Tekken how i missed you :) ggs Sasuke and 2k.

ggs to the both of you :)

EVO2013 was the first EVO with TTT2. TTT2 is the sequel to TTT1 and the first Tekken (in 2013) that had a tag mode since 1999. That's 14 years people had without seeing a tag game. Also, TTT2 had tons and tons of new animations involving tag throws, tag assault mechanics, and also a storyline with Bronson vs Knee/Nin that EVO that is super spectator friendly. The #1 video with the Tom Brady vs PL in MK9 was the first major after that PDP launch tournie that really showed some top level play in that game and people flocked to it. People like seeing new stuff.

Bottom line is though, if T7:FR wants that same exposure, start showing brand new animations and mechanics that will wow everyone again like they used to. So far at least the art is getting a very long overdue overhaul, all that's left is to re-animate it and implement some new mechanics that are truly game changing.
That was nearly a year after the launch Tag 2 AAK. You explanation makes no sense. Is the Bronson storyline that compelling? He is name is definitely not as recognized as someone like Justin, Daigo, or even Chris G. We are talking about by far the most watched EVO Top 8 of All Time. The discrepancy between the Twitch views and the youtube views makes me think that a lot of those views are coming from outside the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom