• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

So i have SF5 preordered but for some weird reason I'm more hyped for a cam footage of location tests of T7FR.

I don't have SFV pre-ordered but I might buy it day 1......depending.

I played the beta and my excitement for the game is also (close to) zilch. SF is just for casual play for me. I can't seem to get into competitively.

DEATH™;192616805 said:
c78.gif

Finally, this gif gets used appropriately.

Nuszka

SF is just for casual play for me. I can't seem to get into competitively.

Exactly the way i see it. Just gonna play it for fun.

On other note i am new to this thread but i have to say that this forum is nothing but friendly and helpful. Never had an opportunity to play online in a competitive but at the same time positive vibe. Thanks a lot everyone.

Disconnects everywhere... PSN has been like this for 3 days now, getting worse every day. Does everyone have this issue? My friends say it's fine on PS4 but a catastrophy on PS3. This is unacceptable...

Soon as I'm itching to play some Tekken, PSN gets stupid. Played four games today and disconnected twice, just not worth it.

Sayah

Exactly the way i see it. Just gonna play it for fun.

On other note i am new to this thread but i have to say that this forum is nothing but friendly and helpful. Never had an opportunity to play online in a competitive but at the same time positive vibe. Thanks a lot everyone.

Glad you're enjoying it here.

Some of us do get bitchy sometimes, though (including myself). :p

ajb1888

Banned
So excited! Just found and bought this on craigslist. So long dualshock; Hello Sanwa buttons and Korean lever.

Feels awesome haha <3

18Fb.jpg

Manbig

So excited! Just found and bought this on craigslist. So long dualshock; Hello Sanwa buttons and Korean lever.

Feels awesome haha <3

18Fb.jpg

That's what I use. It's great for the most part. Only real issue I have is that sometimes when letting the stick go back to neutral, it will register an input in the opposite direction, which can really fuck your shit up in Tekken.

ajb1888

Banned
That's what I use. It's great for the most part. Only real issue I have is that sometimes when letting the stick go back to neutral, it will register an input in the opposite direction, which can really fuck your shit up in Tekken.

What method do you prefer to hold the stick?
I tried gripping it a couple different ways yesterday, still figuring out what's most effective lol..

Street Fighter fans are so defensive. Not allowed to say the netcode in 5 is just average without getting personally attacked. It's like dealing with children.

Street Fighter fans are so defensive. Not allowed to say the netcode in 5 is just average without getting personally attacked. It's like dealing with children.

I've been hearing from Aris and Innsomotek's streams that the netcode hasn't been as stellar as it was in earlier betas. I am a little concerned.

GrayFoxPL

When I went to SFIV ot and said shit about ppl playing on WIFI I was straight jumped on, they said that playing on wireless is great and all that shit. Why am I criticizing it.

I was like.
zAAwC89.gif

Went and never turned back. What a community.

I've been hearing from Aris and Innsomotek's streams that the netcode hasn't been as stellar as it was in earlier betas. I am a little concerned.
See stop that. There is a middle ground between trash & great. The netcode isn't trash & dumb to smoke. It's not like NRS level. The game is just straight average. If someone lives far away the match sucks, if they live in your region it's fine, and if they live like half a coast away it will suck if their internet isn't good & be decent if they have good internet. It's completely average. People keep saying stupid shit like "It's better than SF4". Of course it's better than SF4. SF4 came out 7 years ago. SF4 netcode is bellow average by today's standard. I think maybe the extra buffer window on links is giving people who only played SF4 some weird idea that because they can now do combos more consistent that the netcode is amazing.

Manbig

What method do you prefer to hold the stick?
I tried gripping it a couple different ways yesterday, still figuring out what's most effective lol..

Pretty much just use my index, middle, and ring fingers to push the stick towards the right, and my thumb and index fingers to push the stick towards the left.

Sayah

Tekken Pachinko got third part with Angel as the main character.

I'm always impressed with those crazy little cg clips they make for this pachinko series. Nice quality.
I watched some playthroughs of pachinko Tekken and they're crazy.

If only Angel could be a mainstay.

With all of the nerfs to Lars since BR, are we all in agreement he's become an honest character in Tekken 7?

The fact that I barely even see him being used anymore is testament to that.

ShinMaruku

I just find some of them going off on Laura and Mika when the game always had cheesecake a serious case of selective memory. But I think it's something with when you are in a position of strength some people become overly defensive.

Sayah

Namco should seriously learn how to do/choreograph Supers/Ultras from Capcom. Tekken rage arts are a shame compared to the hype these bring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zfM8ZVjins

I just find some of them going off on Laura and Mika when the game always had cheesecake a serious case of selective memory. But I think it's something with when you are in a position of strength some people become overly defensive.

I can see why it would be a problem for some.
Playing SFV in front of family/friends could be an issue, especially if you have young kids in the house and this is happening on the TV screen.
45f871429e06bb42ec5651008e993ef179f90318_hq.gif

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-children.jpg

Numb

Namco should seriously learn how to do Supers/Ultras from Capcom. Tekken rage arts are a shame compared to the hype these bring.

They haven't embraced the anime yet
Tekken is hella anime but instead of doing anime shit in supers it's mostly random moves chained together. come on now. Give Bryan a minigun super with range, Shaheen has a sword too.Kazumi has a bloody tiger,use that. Just them being random moves chained together really brings down the hype even if not all are that
Yoshi is cool tho doing ninja flips and shit.
Also #Bringbackthemikabooty

Sayah

They haven't embraced the anime yet
Tekken is hella anime but instead of doing anime shit in supers it's mostly random moves chained together. come on now. Give Bryan a minigun super with range, Shaheen has a sword too. Just them being random moves changed together really brings down the hype even if not all are that
Yoshi is cool tho doing ninja flips and shit.
Also #Bringbackthemikabooty

I do like Claudio and Yoshi ragearts.

But stuff like Bryan, Dragunov, Hwoarang, Law, Xiaoyu, Kazumi, etc. leave A LOT to be desired. A lot of it really is just command list moves chained together.

Other problems: the background music stops when the rage art connects. Why is that? Most of the characters also don't say or do anything interesting. "Get ready to fllllyyy?" Really? Whereas in SFV, the menacing laughs of Vega, Bison, and Karin really add to the personality of the character and the ultra sequences are really well choreographed. Moments like Birdey jump roping his opponent with his chains or Karin doing fast 360 angle spins to the opponent, etc. are what make you go "oh shit." No rage art in Tekken 7 makes me say "hot damn wow" except maybe Claudio.

Numb

But stuff like Bryan, Dragunov, Hwoarang, Law, Xiaoyu, Kazumi, etc. leave A LOT to be desired. A lot of it really is just command list moves chained together.

Other problems: the background music stops when the rage art connects. Why is that? Most of the characters also don't say or do anything interesting. "Get ready to fllllyyy?" Really? Whereas in SFV, the menacing laughs of Vega, Bison, and Karin really add to the personality of the character and the ultra sequences are really well choreographed. Moments like Birdey jump roping his opponent with his chains or Karin doing fast 360 angle spins to the opponent, etc. are what make you go "oh shit." No rage art in Tekken 7 makes me say "hot damn wow" except maybe Claudio.

Claudio is cool but he went straight to bleach(i dont mind tho) Kat i like for some reason and LC has a unique one. Forgetting the copy one Bruce 2.0 has and Gigas just straight going ham. Would have liked if it was grabs but still cool. Like more of the guys super than expected. Problem lies in the older crew.

The music leaving is alright. Ryu's shoryuken super is my fav in SF4 since it sucks all the music out and you only here jet engines like it's Ippo lol. Still feels weird in tekken

Sayah

Claudio is cool but he went straight to bleach(i dont mind tho) Kat i like for some reason and LC has a unique one. Forgetting the copy one Bruce 2.0 has and Gigas just straight going ham. Would have liked if it was grabs but still cool. Like more of the guys super than expected. Problem lies in the older crew.

The music leaving is alright. Ryu's shoryuken super is my fav in SF4 since it sucks all the music out and you only here jet engines like it's Ippo lol. Still feels weird in tekken

I hate the music leaving. lol. Completely ruins the flow.

Sayah

Makes you concentrate on the hits making them seem more powerful
Nothing is complete 100% yet so it's cool. Hoping for completely new and well thought out supers

Considering what they've done with default costumes, I'm more hopeful for revamped rage arts.

Numb

Considering what they've done with default costumes, I'm more hopeful for revamped rage arts.

Supers are a single instance you have no control over after it hits(aside from LC)
They could totally do alot there. But is that all FR will bring minus the updated graphics etc etc?
Looking forward to surprises
none are coming

Sayah

Supers are a single instance you have no control over after it hits(aside from LC)
They could totally do alot there. But is that all FR will bring minus the updated graphics etc etc?
Looking forward to surprises
none are coming

You can also do stuff after Paul's super.

Sayah

Off-topic: To this day, I'm still waiting for an anime to grip me like Death Note. While I've watched a lot of great things since then, nothing's been as gripping and enticing as Death Note.

Sayah

Upcoming purchases

Feb. 16 - Street Fighter V (maybe?)
March 4 - Twilight Princess HD (already pre-ordered for that sweet midna/wolf amiibo)
March 18 - Pokken Tournament (likely)
March 24 - Dark Souls III (definitely)

I don't think I've ever had 4 games on my radar in such close time release proximity before.

Manbig

If you are pre ordering games and have Amazon Prime, make sure you pre order there. They have 20% off on a lot of upcoming games for pre orders and slightly after launch.

Sayah

If you are pre ordering games and have Amazon Prime, make sure you pre order there. They have 20% off on a lot of upcoming games for pre orders and slightly after launch.

I have GCU from Best Buy so I already have that benefit. :p
GCU has provided me with a ton of savings all year long.

You sound bored.

Quite the opposite actually.

Many thanks to Splatoon. The game has me addicted. I think I played for 6.5 hours Sunday night. Woke up with a headache on Monday afternoon. Still played the game most of the day. And now everyday after work, I eat dinner and go straight to this game.

And now with these upcoming releases, I'm definitely looking forward to Dark Souls III and re-playing Twilight Princess again if not also possibly investing into Pokken and SFV.

I pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts 3 for $40 on Amazon about a year ago.

Same.

sasuke_91

Off-topic: To this day, I'm still waiting for an anime to grip me like Death Note. While I've watched a lot of great things since then, nothing's been as gripping and enticing as Death Note.

Code Geass
Steins;Gate
Clannad After Story

These are animes that I could have watched in one go.

Sports animes are also something that is really easy to binge watch, like Hajime no Ippo, Haikyuu or Ping Pong.
I also like animes where you don't watch many episodes but actually try to absorb every single one, like Mushishi or Katanagatari.

What? That's some great deal. Amazon Germany doesn't have that...

Bakoery

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Zankyou no Terror
Hunter x Hunter 2011
One Outs
Monster
Attack on Titan
No game no life

They gave me the same hype and addiction

With all of the nerfs to Lars since BR, are we all in agreement he's become an honest character in Tekken 7?

I think it is less being an honest character, and more being no one actually cares to play if he isn't ridiculously good. Bob being nerfed that hard would have the same effect, I think.

Maybe they'll change up the rage arts in BR?
I prefer DM's from KOF and Fatal Fury.

Powaaaaaaa Geyzer!
I think KOF has the best nearly everything. All it needs is a more racially diverse cast.
And a better company managing it.

I loved Monster, to a point, but if you've seen that, Madoka is short and sweet too, and if you're seen that, Shin Sekai Yori is different and mysterious, but if you're seen that already, I watched Aku no Hana recently and enjoyed that.

lupinko

I'm getting better at the game now, by taking up Kazumi, it's certainly helped my Kat.

There is a lot more consistency now in my play, also not playing when fatigued or hungover helps too.

I'm 7th Dan now with Kat and 5th Dan with Kazumi, the 8th Dan and up are really hard, fuck.

I'm messing around with Shaheen in practice mode and local mode just trying to get the basics down in addition to overall feel.

Basically I'm wondering who take up next, I'll play all these characters eventually yeah but it's between:

Shaheen
+ really safe and stupid good
+ he has a ten gallon hat! And some other cool customs
- practice is only at the arcade

Lili
+ also really good
+ she has lots of customs I gave her
+ can practice at home
- don't find myself ever playing Tag 2 at home
- learning curve not as easy as Kazumi or Shaheen

Dragunov
+ very good as well
+ he's got customs too
+ can practice at home
- don't find myself ever playing Tag 2 at home
- learning curve not as easy or as quick as Kazumi or Shaheen

Josie
+ she's like Bruce!
+ I got cool customs like turning her into Alpha Chun, kinda
+ can practice Bruce at home!
- probably not going to play at home
- she's sorta like Bruce and not exactly
- learning curve not simple like Kazumi or Shaheen

There's also Hwoarang and Lars, but I don't think I have the Tekken technical play yet for the former and Lars is weaker in 7, but the issue with Lars for me is that I get lost in his movements as I find it really confusing, at least when fighting him. I also have customs for both too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom