• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuszka

Still hopeful for a march/april release of FR on arcades then fall this year on consoles. But if we don't get any info about home version around E3 or EVO then all hope is lost...

Sayah

Still hopeful for a march/april release of FR on arcades then fall this year on consoles. But if we don't get any info about home version around E3 or EVO then all hope is lost...

Same.

Hopefully, E3 is when they actually reveal it during Sony's conference. They need that exposure to the casual community, which makes up the majority of their game's purchases. A lot of people still don't even know Tekken 7 exists.

EVO is only going to cater to the few competitive enthusiasts.

Pachimari

What I really hope for, is that Fated Retribution is distributed out to all the arcades who already have a Tekken 7 machine. And before or in April. That's my first worry. If it doesn't make it, I'll be a sad panda.

Numb

Good games Grayfox
Your Paul/Kaz team have gotten real annoying to deal with. Keep up the good work
Never seen your Raven and Jun before so didnt know what to do lol especially Raven

GrayFoxPL

Good games Grayfox
Your Paul/Kaz team have gotten real annoying to deal with. Keep up the good work
Never seen your Raven and Jun before so didnt know what to do lol especially Raven

Good games Numb.
Funny thing every time I picked Jun it was by mistake. Trying to remember her moves in panic, lol.
Still can't beat Eddy, daaaaaaamn. You got great Larsu btw, you should pick him more.

Numb

Good games Numb.
Funny thing every time I picked Jun it was by mistake. Trying to remember her moves in panic, lol.
Still can't beat Eddy, daaaaaaamn. You got great Larsu btw, you should pick him more.

Happens to me too but with Yoshi and Jack since they are close to Mokujin
I haven't praticed Lars since early T6 and just do what i saw on vids. He is alright
The best way to beat capos is to learn capos lol

Sayah

Are we expecting characters to release on a time release schedule for FR?

I hope not. I hate waiting.......and need to see Williams right away. I have high hopes both Nina and Anna will make into the final roster. Tekken 4 always had that void because Anna wasn't in it.

GrayFoxPL

Are we expecting characters to release on a time release schedule for FR?

I hope not. I hate waiting.......and need to see Williams right away. I have high hopes both Nina and Anna will make into the final roster. Tekken 4 always had that void because Anna wasn't in it.

Probably same like they did till now in T7.

Unless arcade glitches again and ppl will see unreleased chars earlier.

Sayah

Probably same like they did till now in T7.

Unless arcade glitches again and ppl will see unreleased chars earlier.

I guess it'll be okay if we get a new character weekly like in the past.

Anywho, I watched some of KIT and realized (again) part of the reason I enjoyed it is because there were no customs. Nothing burning my eyes.

Sayah

I can't wait to see Nina's bitch slaps in Tekken 7's engine (in slow mo, with sparks emanating, and that glorious sound effect amplified even further).

Watch Namco put shit like Bob or Lars' second cousin in the game instead of the Williams.

Off-topic:
NeoGAF GOTY 2015 Awards

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1174583

Nice to see a lot of Splatoon recognition. This game is super popular in Japan. You can go online any time of the day and the majority of people playing will be those with Japanese NNIDs.
Best thing is Life is Strange and Until Dawn in the top ten. Yay for adventure games with actual gameplay and survival horror.

Sayah

I've played a little bit of Until Dawn - but then stalled it. Maybe I'll get back into it.

Watch Namco put shit like Bob or Lars' second cousin in the game instead of the Williams.
Bob has a chance but I hope not.
The game is already overflowing with Mishima relatives. Can't stand anymore being added besides Jun maybe.

I heard Life is Strange is excruciatingly bad.
It's not for everyone, and it falters at the end, but it's a great experience.

I'd think you would hate it honestly, lol.

I've played a little bit of Until Dawn - but then stalled it. Maybe I'll get back into it.

Bob has a chance but I hope not.
The game is already overflowing with Mishima relatives. Can't stand anymore being added besides Jun maybe.
Until Dawn is a slow burn, but it gets much better. Made me wish for more horror games.

Namco has a severe hard on for Mishimas, hell Angel and Devil seem more likely than Anna and Nina at this point.

Sayah

Until Dawn is a slow burn, but it gets much better. Made me wish for more horror games.

Namco has a severe hard on for Mishimas, hell Angel and Devil seem more likely than Anna and Nina at this point.

Nice - I'll try to get back into Until Dawn next week.

And also, I'm pretty sure we'll see Nina if not Anna as well. I refuse to believe they would leave Nina out.

GrayFoxPL

I love waiting for new characters. It gives me something to look forward to. Hopefully Nina and Lei will be the first ones though.

Yeah. It's like a present. I loved unlocking stuff in older Tekkens and other games. Sadly the "give me all now, I don't want to do anything." crowd seems to win more and more.

I can't wait to see Nina's bitch slaps in Tekken 7's engine (in slow mo, with sparks emanating, and that glorious sound effect amplified even further).

And she'll have manly slo-mo voice too. ;)

What are some things that aren't bad?

Haha. ;)

LiS is good. Not like old point&click games good but it's good for what it is.

So I was doing some cleaning on my HDD and came across the digital artbook that came with TTT2 that I'm not sure I ever looked at. Has some pretty dope images that don't seem all that common on the internet (I haven't checked). This King one in particular I would totally get a print of and frame if I were into posters and stuff.

I downsized these samples too; the actual files are 6600x8400 res, heh. My PDF viewer could barely open the file, which is probably why I don't remember going through it.

Numb

So I was doing some cleaning on my HDD and came across the digital artbook that came with TTT2 that I'm not sure I ever looked at. Has some pretty dope images that don't seem all that common on the internet (I haven't checked). This King one in particular I would totally get a print of and frame if I were into posters and stuff.

I downsized these samples too; the actual files are 6600x8400 res, heh. My PDF viewer could barely open the file, which is probably why I don't remember going through it.

Never heard of it
Need a link to it all
especially mokujinpachi

Pachimari

Wow! Do you have more? And in the original sizes? I'm actually looking to make two posters in frames for my apartment. Maybe there's one of Bruce or Law?

[edit] Made this avatar to anyone who wants it:

wO4pZ73.png

Going by the ones posted already they do seem kinda better than expected from the usual

lol
First time watching solo vs solo in tag 2 ever
Feels so weird but cool
Yep. If it wasn't for AAKs side note about it being for the best Yoshi in NorCal, I would have sworn it was some poverty Tekken 7 Yoshi practice.

Numb

Only YT
There are guys that stream there usually like Arsenality and Maknificent. Don't know if greenarcade still does it either

Pachimari

I guess it's on YouTube Gaming, and that Maknificent is MakNiFicenT07? :)

Thanks for the recommendations guys. What is the difference between a Follow and Subscription on a Twitch channel?

Pachimari

I seriously want Christie Monteiro back for Tekken 7. There needs to be one representing capoeira.

What is Josie's fighting style even? Muay Thai? Eskrima? Something in-between?

Pachimari

Just posting this to the new page, as a reminder for my practice tomorrow:

Madridista, i don't know what those combos are, but if you want somewhere beginner easy mode to start with Bruce:

For combos:
df+2 or uf+4 (launcher), then
f+4,3,4 (goes into muay thai stance), then
f+1 (the bound), then
uf+3+4 (consistent finish)

You'll want a better ender later on probably, but try that.

As to pokes and stuff:
From mid range try using b+2 and 3,2 or 3,3. These are your spacing tools, you can use them to interrupt folks trying to get closer to you.
The only low you need is d+4, since it is amazing. Use it to sneak damage in and to get people to duck, so you can hit them with your big mids like your launchers.

Good games guys. Thanks for playing early.

Madridista you mixed up the combos I gave you.

Few things.

Mid launcher means it hits opponent middle so he can't crouch under it.
I noticed you hit 1,2,4 too early so the kick misses.

I tested the easiest and most reliable Bruce combos for you.

Launch witch df+2 or uf+4 btw generally it'll be "luckier" for to launch witch uf+4 - it crushes lows meaning if opponent tries something like a sweep or crouching punch you'll "win" with uf+4 and launch them.(generally)

so df+2 or uf+4
then 2,4, f+1 bound - (it's the shorter version of 1,2,4, f+1)
(d+3,4, f+1 bound should work too)

after bound hit b+4,3,4(triple knees)
or
db+2,1,4

You don't have to dash in or do any other movement. Everything will hit with you just standing there.
It's the easiest I could find that hit 100% of the time.

Use the combo SquirrelSoup told you too. Unless you find it to miss too much.

Madridista, you were really aggressive with the grabs in one match, that was pretty good. You were a little too obvious sometimes (like starting the round with a 1 grab), but very good anyway. As Squirrel said, d+4 is a great low, abuse it.
Hate mails are a good sign by the way :p

See, you're gonna do good. It's gonna go smooth. Big part is memorizing stuff.

train also with counter hit on (advanced settings, counter:eek:n in practice mode)

B+2 (opponent crumples at your feet if it's a counter hit. If it's normal hit opponent falls way back and you can't combo)
then
d+3,4 f+1 bound
then b+4,3,4
or
db+2,1,4
for easy combo.

After getting familiar with combos in practice mode, try using them during arcade fights against cpu.

db+4 is very good, yes. You can also use db+3,4 similarly.

Later we'll teach you Mts and 3,2 F stuff.

Practice makes perfect.

Pachimari

Thanks for those images Famicom!

So when Jack-7 is doing one of his moves, the commentator is counting 1, 2 - why is that? It's similar to Lucky Chloe.

kdash7

This is probably my 3rd or 4th post in Tekken-GAF but I am always lingering around here and enjoying the discussions and continuous updates about T7 n TTT2 matches. You guys are awesome! I was not into Tekken at all until a year ago, especially when Tekken 7 was unveiled and going through Tekken-GAF thread everyday. Since then I have grown very found of the Mishimas (i like Steve as well), especially doing those electrics.

I wanted to share this short Heihachi electric combo I managed to pull off and record during practice mode in Tekken 6 PSP version (using PPSSPP emulator). I believe its a rare combo since I have only seen Deity Devil or MainMan perform it in their combo vids. So I felt really good about it and wanted to share it with you guys :) Also have T6 on the 360 along with TTT2 but its at another place so I rarely play on it. Oh n I am a Pad player.. pad for life. I have been using the Hori Fight Commander 4 gamepad.

BTW I am a total NOOB in Tekken. Believe me. I really suck at it. I am hoping to get good by playing Tekken 7 when it launches on the consoles just like how Madrista wants to. I want to play it online with dedication and hopefully with you guys as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom