• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

This is probably my 3rd or 4th post in Tekken-GAF but I am always lingering around here and enjoying the discussions and continuous updates about T7 n TTT2 matches. You guys are awesome! I was not into Tekken at all until a year ago, especially when Tekken 7 was unveiled and going through Tekken-GAF thread everyday. Since then I have grown very found of the Mishimas (i like Steve as well), especially doing those electrics.

I wanted to share this short Heihachi electric combo I managed to pull off and record during practice mode in Tekken 6 PSP version (using PPSSPP emulator). I believe its a rare combo since I have only seen Deity Devil or MainMan perform it in their combo vids. So I felt really good about it and wanted to share it with you guys :) Also have T6 on the 360 along with TTT2 but its at another place so I rarely play on it. Oh n I am a Pad player.. pad for life. I have been using the Hori Fight Commander 4 gamepad.

BTW I am a total NOOB in Tekken. Believe me. I really suck at it. I am hoping to get good by playing Tekken 7 when it launches on the consoles just like how Madrista wants to. I want to play it online with dedication and hopefully with you guys as well.
Are you for real?
That's amazing with just a year and with just pad too. You were born a mishima player or are just addicted to electrics like them.
Good going man

nice
Missed the corpse kicks in Tag 2

kdash7

Are you for real?
That's amazing with just a year and with just pad too. You were born a mishima player or are just addicted to electrics like them.
Good going man

nice
Missed the corpse kicks in Tag 2

Thanks Numb! I'm probably the latter. I am pretty good with kbd n wd aswell. That's what I have pretty much practiced for an entire year. But my best friend who is a hardcore King player can easily beat my ass like its nothing. I really want to change that with Tekken 7.

Sayah

This is probably my 3rd or 4th post in Tekken-GAF but I am always lingering around here and enjoying the discussions and continuous updates about T7 n TTT2 matches. You guys are awesome! I was not into Tekken at all until a year ago, especially when Tekken 7 was unveiled and going through Tekken-GAF thread everyday. Since then I have grown very found of the Mishimas (i like Steve as well), especially doing those electrics.

I wanted to share this short Heihachi electric combo I managed to pull off and record during practice mode in Tekken 6 PSP version (using PPSSPP emulator). I believe its a rare combo since I have only seen Deity Devil or MainMan perform it in their combo vids. So I felt really good about it and wanted to share it with you guys :) Also have T6 on the 360 along with TTT2 but its at another place so I rarely play on it. Oh n I am a Pad player.. pad for life. I have been using the Hori Fight Commander 4 gamepad.

BTW I am a total NOOB in Tekken. Believe me. I really suck at it. I am hoping to get good by playing Tekken 7 when it launches on the consoles just like how Madrista wants to. I want to play it online with dedication and hopefully with you guys as well.

Very amazing combo. Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to playing in Tekken 7 with you and others from here (once we get a release date).

I'm also a pad player and can't get into stick.

GrayFoxPL

Awesome stuff, thanks man.

How can a noob perform wavedash into 6 electrics?
7cdoWm0.gif

This is not right.

If you are really a noob I wouldn't wait for T7 to get to work. T7 will be slaughter of the lambs, you don't want to be the lamb.

You don't have Tag2 on PS3 right? This is basically all we use now and it's where main Tekken online scene is.

Btw post more! We need Tekken GAF to grow...
to take over the world!

kdash7

Very amazing combo. Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to playing in Tekken 7 with you and others from here (once we get a release date).

I'm also a pad player and can't get into stick.

Yeah same here Sayah. Looking forward to play u guys. So is everyone here going for PS4 as their preferrd Tekken console? I have a XB1 for now.

kdash7

Awesome stuff, thanks man.

How can a noob perform wavedash into 6 electrics?
7cdoWm0.gif

This is not right.

If you are really a noob I wouldn't wait for T7 to get to work. T7 will be slaughter of the lambs, you don't want to be the lamb.

You don't have Tag2 on PS3 right? This is basically all we use now and it's where main Tekken online scene is.

Btw post more! We need Tekken GAF to grow...
to take over the world!

Haha.. yeah I guess I should better start of with Tag2. No I don't have a PS3. I used to have one but sold it.. now I regret it.

Sayah

Yeah same here Sayah. Looking forward to play u guys. So is everyone here going for PS4 as their preferrd Tekken console? I have a XB1 for now.

Yeah, most people here will be on PS4. Though, I will probably buy PC as well if the game ends up there.

Here's hoping for Tekken 7 to have cross-platform online multiplayer.

I saw that shit. Who knew Japan had it's own set of bullshit things to cry about.

I remember reading about this before as well. Apparently it's an insult......but I'd rather have this feature.

GrayFoxPL

I remember reading about this before as well. Apparently it's an insult......but I'd rather have this feature.

They want to leave option to taunt after beating opponent. So kicking dead opponent - terrible insult! Taunting opponent - A-OK!

So stupid.

Pachimari

Welcome kdash7! I hope to see you post more. I think the Tekken and Steam communities are the best here on GAF. People are very nice and welcoming in here, while also being straightforward without being offensive. We're a bunch of great guys.

Or are we?...

I can't decide which of these would look the best, printed out as a poster and in a frame on the wall? I'm thinking the King one, and maybe the Angel/Ogre/Michelle/Kuni one. Wish there were one of Bruce.

Wait. Why did they spell his name "Eddie" and not "Eddy"? Is his name different depending on the region?

Sayah

They want to leave option to taunt after beating opponent. So kicking dead opponent - terrible insult! Taunting opponent - A-OK!

So stupid.

Yep, not a fan of that line of thinking either.

I also hope replays come back for Tekken 7. Sometimes it's good to capture things in replay slow motion with multiple camera angles.

Tekken+in+a+nutshell+source+youtube+at+anna+williams_58753d_4723301.gif

sasuke_91

Noobs can't do wd into multiple electrics. That was an awesome combo.
I'm a Steve player as well. He's a great character.
Too bad you don't have a PS3 anymore. Hopefully T7 releases this year so we can play :D

Famicom, some amazing art! Thanks for sharing.

sasuke_91

Got back to Ranking after weeks and destroyed everyone who was in my way. Got an 8 win streak with Xiaoyu :D

Played with Nuszka after that and got destroyed pretty badly. Ggs man. Mishimas are good if you want to strengthen your fundamentals. Spamming electrics is also fun :p
If a move works keep abusing it. Cheap tricks don't exist. You should stop mashing buttons on hit though. Block and back away, don't try to throw in jabs.
I should learn how to deal with Jack. And Bruce is a characters I just can't deal with. His 50/50 alone makes me cry.

Nuszka

Got back to Ranking after weeks and destroyed everyone who was in my way. Got an 8 win streak with Xiaoyu :D

Played with Nuszka after that and got destroyed pretty badly. Ggs man. Mishimas are good if you want to strengthen your fundamentals. Spamming electrics is also fun :p
If a move works keep abusing it. Cheap tricks don't exist. You should stop mashing buttons on hit though. Block and back away, don't try to throw in jabs.
I should learn how to deal with Jack. And Bruce is a characters I just can't deal with. His 50/50 alone makes me cry.

GGs man i always get caught with your frame traps or even as you mentioned when i get hit. Something i need to unlearn.
Frame data... As you noticed when i was playing Paul i was using d+1+2 just to see when i could punish Hwo... never was the answer lol. But i know the more i play the more i learn. Simple. See you around.

PhineBuyM3

whew.png
That was a close one, found another source http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=2998505

Direct link for anyone curious: http://www.manjikai.com/podcast/get...04-26-88885.wmv

Anyways, been using Julia, Raven, Nina, Kazuya, in 6 and DR since March of last year, recently came back to TTT2 mostly for the Changs since Julia is the one I've made the most progress with. I have a few questions and comments.

Julia/Jaycee- Should have picked her up a long time ago, she can straight up bully mofos. Flaming arrow, the mix ups out of d, d/f+1,3 or 4, War Drum, good googly moogly
lawd.png

My question is for Jaycee, so far I'm not really feelin' her new stance, I read that it's evasive, but how do you take advantage of it? Because I get hit out anytime I try somethin' slick. I am feelin' her thighs in that outfit though.

Raven- Don't really need any help with this guy, but he's much better than I thought. My view of him was tainted by other people's impressions who made him out to be absolute garbage, I feel smug as hell when I pull off one of his unreliable counters. He ain't got no cool shit to wear in TTT2 so I'm probably gonna stick to using him in 6.

Nina-
pacspit.gif
Screw this chick, got the side step mixups and the hayashida step mostly down, but I can not do the multiple iws+1, how do people do this? If I don't get this shit down in the next couple of months I'm droppin' her for her sister.

Kazuya- I initially only picked him up because I made him look like Ken Mishima from Ehrgeiz, but messing around with the wave dash on both sides improved my movement with my primaries, so I wanted to at least be somewhat decent with Kazuya.

I'm hopeful I'll eventually get the EWGF down, but I wanna know if there's any reason to ever use the regular WGF.

Sayah

Nina-
pacspit.gif
Screw this chick, got the side step mixups and the hayashida step mostly down, but I can not do the multiple iws+1, how do people do this? If I don't get this shit down in the next couple of months I'm droppin' her for her sister.

If you're on stick, I don't know and can't help you.

If you're on pad, I would suggest using the dualshock 4. Although qcf attacks are not as easy for me to do on DS4, iws+1 has proven to be a bit easier than doing it on dualshock 3.

I'm hopeful I'll eventually get the EWGF down, but I wanna know if there's any reason to ever use the regular WGF.

Reassign the L1 button to RP in controller settings - this will make EWGF much easier to do.

Another terrible day in Ranked, no one is on Player Match either.

Anyone want to play?

Away from PS3. :/

Yep, not a fan of that line of thinking either.

I also hope replays come back for Tekken 7. Sometimes it's good to capture things in replay slow motion with multiple camera angles.

Tekken+in+a+nutshell+source+youtube+at+anna+williams_58753d_4723301.gif

I didn't even realize that feature was missing. Damn.

Let's hope Namco remembers all the online bells and whistles they had for TTT2 in T7. WTF was rad.

Sayah

I didn't even realize that feature was missing. Damn.

Let's hope Namco remembers all the online bells and whistles they had for TTT2 in T7. WTF was rad.

Would be amazing if WTF made a return with all the stats and such.

The way to make the forum active is to have a "main" forum page that has threads at the top that have the most recent replies - instead of segregating discussion into 20 different sub forums, similar to how TZ works.

A forum is just not going to be that active when I have to click through different sections to see the most recent replies to topics.

lupinko

I'm on the fence on PS4, white or black. I want to go black but indirectly being talked into white by a friend who wants white for himself.

I plan on getting Devil Asuka and the 20th anniversary logo laser engraved on the harddrive cover in colour.

I'm thinking about Photoshopping it to figure which one I want.

I sorta want the Chun and Laura White PS4 and the Volcanic SFV but I want to save money and I was burned by my inner Capcom whore when it came to both Marvel 3s, SFxTK and all the SF4s on PS3 and PC.

I want to go full Tekken this generation since that is a known quality for me.

Pachimari

Man, me and my girlfriend of 4 years just broke up this morning. At least we have agreed to remain friends. Now I need to go punch a Mokujin.

Just wanted to say I look forward to getting back into Tekken with 7. Is the roster final right now?
Welcome in here. It's so good to see more new people in here.

Man, me and my girlfriend of 4 years just broke up this morning. At least we have agreed to remain friends. Now I need to go punch a Mokujin.

Welcome in here. It's so good to see more new people in here.

Shit, you ok! I will be playing this week if you wants some matches later on.

Pachimari

Yeah, I would like some matches.
I know I have said it a hundred times, but I'm gonna connect that PS3 today.

Honestly, it's only a HDMI cable, but I need to hide it and all that.

[edit]
Finally connected the PS3! It only took me a week lol.

Nuszka

Yeah, I would like some matches.
I know I have said it a hundred times, but I'm gonna connect that PS3 today.

Honestly, it's only a HDMI cable, but I need to hide it and all that.

[edit]
Finally connected the PS3! It only took me a week lol.

Great , we can get some games in so you can get your head occupied.. I will be available later tonight EU time zone. If you want add me on psn - same as gaf id.

Sayah

I'm on the fence on PS4, white or black. I want to go black but indirectly being talked into white by a friend who wants white for himself.

I plan on getting Devil Asuka and the 20th anniversary logo laser engraved on the harddrive cover in colour.

I'm thinking about Photoshopping it to figure which one I want.

I sorta want the Chun and Laura White PS4 and the Volcanic SFV but I want to save money and I was burned by my inner Capcom whore when it came to both Marvel 3s, SFxTK and all the SF4s on PS3 and PC.

I want to go full Tekken this generation since that is a known quality for me.

I have white PS4 and I like it. But it also depends on your electronics. I also have a black Wii U and PS3 so it kind of mismatches.

It's good to keep your console colors consistent.

lupinko

I`m just throwing out ideas, and I`m sure the actual laser engraved one, be it desaturated or in colour will look a million times better than this mockup.

WhRrexx.jpg

Pachimari

Great , we can get some games in so you can get your head occupied.. I will be available later tonight EU time zone. If you want add me on psn - same as gaf id.

I added you to my friend list. Mind you, I'm not good yet, and probably rusty, as I haven't touched Tekken the past week.

I`m just throwing out ideas, and I`m sure the actual laser engraved one, be it desaturated or in colour will look a million times better than this mockup.

WhRrexx.jpg

Don't add color to that. It looks good like it is in that picture.

---

So do I have everyone on my PSN friend list now? I have these on my list:

sasuke_91
speedwagon
Numb
Nuszka
GrayFox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom