• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Madridista, I can play from like 7.30-8.30 GMT today! is that cool with you?

I'll see. I were actually planning to go to the laundry to wash my clothes at that time.

My now, ex-girlfriend, will be here, as she will stay at my place, at least until March 1. Hopefully it'll work out, and we won't argue or anything. And hopefully she'll know how to remain friends, because I'm not interested in a relationship now.

I got Josie Rizal anyway, lol.

lupinko

I think that mockup looks pretty good. Don't go with color. Looks good in black/white as it is.

I added you to my friend list. Mind you, I'm not good yet, and probably rusty, as I haven't touched Tekken the past week.

Don't add color to that. It looks good like it is in that picture.

---

So do I have everyone on my PSN friend list now? I have these on my list:

Yeah I thought so too, but I'll consider my options. I could always do two, one with colour and one without.

Because laser engraving is pretty sweet, here's some examples:

http://youtu.be/Ld9xP7jHg_o

http://youtu.be/H2XNKqTBpwc

lupinko, what is your PSN?

And am I supposed to register my BanaPass card on the website, before I can customize my characters?

And will it be my username or nickname that will display in the game?

Yes, you have to link the card to the website. And it'll be a generic NoNameRandomNumbers before you set it yourself.

I don't have PS4 yet, my PSN is SuperkingGCNET.

I've found two laser engraving places, one in Okinawa and the other in North Hollywood. I have a friend in Arcadia so that's why the California option is there.

I would also consider other designs like Kazumi or Kat or Lili, or non-Tekken like Kat from Gravity Rush or Selvaria from Valkyria.

I'll see. I were actually planning to go to the laundry to wash my clothes at that time.

My now, ex-girlfriend, will be here, as she will stay at my place, at least until March 1. Hopefully it'll work out, and we won't argue or anything. And hopefully she'll know how to remain friends, because I'm not interested in a relationship now.

I got Josie Rizal anyway, lol.

I will be on psn then, just send me a message if you're game or not!

ajb1888

Banned
I`m just throwing out ideas, and I`m sure the actual laser engraved one, be it desaturated or in colour will look a million times better than this mockup.

WhRrexx.jpg

Try pink on a black ps4 :)

lupinko

Try pink on a black ps4 :)

That would be insanely awesome as pink and black attack is Hart Foundation levels of awesome.

I'll throw up some more random mock ups later.

I wish I had even higher quality images of the panel art. Only that Devil Asuka is GOAT quality.

Like jbstyle Lili is probably my fave next to Shunya Yamashita Kazumi.

ajb1888

Banned
Cool designs; especially the asuka.
I'm biased towards black consoles, but Lili on a white console would look cool too I bet.

Have fun!

That would be insanely awesome as pink and black attack is Hart Foundation levels of awesome.

I'll throw up some more random mock ups later.

I wish I had even higher quality images of the panel art. Only that Devil Asuka is GOAT quality.

Like jbstyle Lili is probably my fave next to Shunya Yamashita Kazumi.

It looks kinda weird with the text being cut off like that, maybe it should be a couple of mm down a bit, just so you can see the top of the text.

Pachimari

I am getting so annoyed at my ex. I really don't think I can manage to live under the same roof with her for 1.5 months. I'm getting annoyed even when we're chatting. Thinking of just kicking her out tonight, like a true Bruce Irvin.

Oh man I'm sad and frustrated.

I gotta change my mood somehow. Maybe it is for the best to kick her out, and start on a fresh, building up my life again, without her in it. Maybe I can't move on, while she is here in my apartment. I just hate being alone.
Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent somewhere, and you in here are my buddies on GAF.

That said, I'm looking at the combos GrayFoxPL and SquirrelSoup gave me earlier. I think I will be able to memorize them after a little practice. And then I'm gonna play around with Practice mode with counter hit later.

I am getting so annoyed at my ex. I really don't think I can manage to live under the same roof with her for 1.5 months. I'm getting annoyed even when we're chatting. Thinking of just kicking her out tonight, like a true Bruce Irvin.

Oh man I'm sad and frustrated.

I gotta change my mood somehow. Maybe it is for the best to kick her out, and start on a fresh, building up my life again, without her in it. Maybe I can't move on, while she is here in my apartment. I just hate being alone.
Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent somewhere, and you in here are my buddies on GAF.

That said, I'm looking at the combos GrayFoxPL and SquirrelSoup gave me earlier. I think I will be able to memorize them after a little practice. And then I'm gonna play around with Practice mode with counter hit later.

I think living under the same roof with someone you used to be super intimate with is a recipe for disaster. Spend the next month enjoying being single and not giving a shit I'd say. Go play Tekken and enjoy your life for a bit!

Pachimari

I think living under the same roof with someone you used to be super intimate with is a recipe for disaster. Spend the next month enjoying being single and not giving a shit I'd say. Go play Tekken and enjoy your life for a bit!

Yeah, I'm starting to think this way. We are chatting now, and we are chatting very well together. I can tell her straight how annoying she is to me, and what we think about each other, and we are very clear, that we are not supposed to be together. I don't fit her, and she don't fit me, at all. And it's clear to both of us. I might give her a few days here, so she can sort out her things, because she is in a difficult situation, but she will have to leave soon, that's my plan. It's gonna be good going to Asia this April, and get some distance from everything.

Actually, I think it's really for the better. I am excited to look ahead, and see what the future brings me. I can't wait to work on my goals again, be determined and have lots of energy to use. But for now, I'm just excited for Deadpool next month, Batman v Superman in March, and my vacation to Asia in April where I'm gonna play Tekken 7 (hopefully Fated Retribution) and watch Captain America: Civil War. Bring it all on!

[edit]
Nobody wanna buy my Hori RAP 3 arcade stick. :(
I'm selling it for $60 here, but maybe that's too high an asking price?

GrayFoxPL

Eric Jacobus' latest video.

Bryan Fury move list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tWDSh7xJug

Nice!

Yeah, I'm starting to think this way. We are chatting now, and we are chatting very well together. I can tell her straight how annoying she is to me, and what we think about each other, and we are very clear, that we are not supposed to be together. I don't fit her, and she don't fit me, at all. And it's clear to both of us. I might give her a few days here, so she can sort out her things, because she is in a difficult situation, but she will have to leave soon, that's my plan. It's gonna be good going to Asia this April, and get some distance from everything.

Actually, I think it's really for the better. I am excited to look ahead, and see what the future brings me. I can't wait to work on my goals again, be determined and have lots of energy to use. But for now, I'm just excited for Deadpool next month, Batman v Superman in March, and my vacation to Asia in April where I'm gonna play Tekken 7 (hopefully Fated Retribution) and watch Captain America: Civil War. Bring it all on!

Keep it cool man and remember that women are cunning. They can manipulate your feelings with a gameplan similar to a Tekken fight. I don't know why she is staying with you but I know women do nothing without a reason. Don't get trapped.

Ah and it's cool to talk over those things here, we're still flesh and soul dudes.

I'm also waiting for Deadpool, hope It'll be good, trailers look sweet. I like Ryan Raynolds actually. BvS had excellent first trailer but the second one with: "Huh I thought she's with you?!" was really cheesy. Suicide Squad had won me over more after last trailer.

Nice!

Keep it cool man and remember that women are cunning. They can manipulate your feelings with a gameplan similar to a Tekken fight. I don't know why she is staying with you but I know women do nothing without a reason. Don't get trapped.

Ah and it's cool to talk over those things here, we're still flesh and soul dudes.

I'm also waiting for Deadpool, hope It'll be good, trailers look sweet. I like Ryan Raynolds actually. BvS had excellent first trailer but the second one with: "Huh I thought she's with you?!" was really cheesy. Suicide Squad had won me over more after last trailer.

He needs to remember his Yomi!

lupinko

It looks kinda weird with the text being cut off like that, maybe it should be a couple of mm down a bit, just so you can see the top of the text.

Good point, and I can also just resize the design as a whole too. I think maybe like what Namco did with the Banapass version of it.

Kinda strange that winposes are not really as counted in that. Corpse kicking never bothered me as much as Bryan's punching winpose. Many memories as a young Tekken 5 arcade Xiaoyu player losing most of my games at the arcade and everyone choosing to torture Xiao in their winpose. But I am not against them, heck, it is probably part of the motivation that made me the best in my area.

PSN?
Mine is NinthPixel
Open to any friend requests. Unfortunately, I am rarely on when a fellow asks for games. Frustrates me to step away from the console for a moment, and come back a bit to have match requests. People surely think I ignore them when I actually try to accept matches. Pretty much the only person I ignore is ThatsHot (after that one 60 consecutive loss session, I gave up accepting his matches).

lupinko

Madridista: I forgot to trade 3DS FC with you and I figure with the location test in Feb, FR should be out in March.

Edit: I finally unlocked black yesterday and got two shades of it. What you see is Black 2, while supposed to be quite black it looks more gray on Josie's battlesuit.

Making it all the same shade gives a cool effect as the original yellow design lines now look like stitches so think Catwoman in Arkham games.

I don't know what colour to make her holster, weapon thing or her Chun Li spiked bracelets. I gave her a beret which by default is a dark gray, but I don't know if I should colour the beret and give it to her Idolmaster outfit and just give battlesuit Josie something else for hair or a different hat.

So unlike regular colours that range from 5,000G to 20,000G, the black group of colors start at 100,000G each.

Now while I do have over 10 million gold, I don't want to just experiment wildly with the black colours.

Here's a blurry pic.

Cmr3s7t.jpg

I can also give her that assault rifle too and some shades.

AAK

I have a little idea I want to implement... a kind of online ranking battle system for GAFers all done through a website that will help newer players feel a sense of progression and learning. In my head I'm envisioning it extremely similar to the current Namco/Sega style of leveling up in Tekken/VF. But having it restricted to GAF hopefully lets the newer players focus on trying to beat each other and learn each other's matchups rather than try to take in every single characters' matchup knowledge when playing Ranked. I have learned the basics of programming and database design over the past year. Gonna start teaching myself web development and try to get a project like this up and running by May or June. Maybe do a test run with TTT2 and then hopefully have something ready for T7 console. I haven't started anything yet but I'm gonna begin with some online courses on AngularJS now and see where this goes. If this crashes and burns... well at least I gained some knowledge and experience in the process :p

Are you from Indonesia?

Sorry I should have given more context. I'm actually a very white-washed desi. I have Kindergartener's level of comprehension of Urdu. So when I saw Taare Zameen Par w/ Indonesian subtitles (my roommate at the time who was Indonesian downloaded it so I saw it with him) I managed to get by and still enjoy it :p

Sayah

So I'm using the Hori FC4.
Issue #1: The uneven left/right sides makes it uncomfortable for me to hold.

Issue #2: I'm also having trouble doing qcf moves (outside of combos). I do them consistently on Dualshock 3. Still able to do them pretty regularly on DS4 - despite mistakes a few times. On FC4, I'm messing up often. Any tips to getting qcf moves down on this? Practice makes perfect?

Issue #3: I keep hitting the R2 face button instead of circle. lol.

Other than that, I like this controller. Nina's iws+1 is much easier to do on this.

I know you're probably joking - but avoid generalizing women.
Mods will take it as sexism and ban you. We don't want you to be banned again. :p
Sorry I should have given more context. I'm actually a very white-washed desi. I have Kindergartener's level of comprehension of Urdu. So when I saw Taare Zameen Par w/ Indonesian subtitles (my roommate at the time who was Indonesian downloaded it so I saw it with him) I managed to get by and still enjoy it :p

Ah, I see.

Yeah, it's a great movie.

I have a little idea I want to implement... a kind of online ranking battle system for GAFers all done through a website that will help newer players feel a sense of progression and learning. In my head I'm envisioning it extremely similar to the current Namco/Sega style of leveling up in Tekken/VF. But having it restricted to GAF hopefully lets the newer players focus on trying to beat each other and learn each other's matchups rather than try to take in every single characters' matchup knowledge when playing Ranked. I have learned the basics of programming and database design over the past year. Gonna start teaching myself web development and try to get a project like this up and running by May or June. Maybe do a test run with TTT2 and then hopefully have something ready for T7 console. I haven't started anything yet but I'm gonna begin with some online courses on AngularJS now and see where this goes. If this crashes and burns... well at least I gained some knowledge and experience in the process :p

I also took online courses in programming and web development - they were from the Udemy sale. Have yet to start them. lol.

Yeah I thought so too, but I'll consider my options. I could always do two, one with colour and one without.

Because laser engraving is pretty sweet, here's some examples:

http://youtu.be/Ld9xP7jHg_o

http://youtu.be/H2XNKqTBpwc

After watching that, I'm suddenly not opposed to color. :p

If I had the option, I would go with Kazumi + Tiger for a laser print. Though, that would be the second option. The first option would be Williams. :)

AAK

I took a Udemy course once on Android development and thought it was structured extremely poorly.

I think Coursera is one that is worth spending money on. Although they are somewhat more intensive. I'm taking a data structures class with them right now. I'm learning a lot but man their assignments are kinda hard LOL.

Another great wealth of information for me is PluralSight.com and Lynda.com. They're not free either but I had a year subscription from my previous school with them and they had some really good tutorial vids.

Sayah

Edit: Also forgot to mention, SFV PC pre-order for $33.
http://slickdeals.net/f/8462303-street-fighter-v-pc-steam-32-80-cdkeys-com
Although my laptop should be able to run this, I think I'll just wait to see if any deals come up for the console version. Rather not deal with a Mortal Kombat X-type PC situation. And I prefer playing on consoles anyway.

I took a Udemy course once on Android development and thought it was structured extremely poorly.

I think Coursera is one that is worth spending money on. Although they are somewhat more intensive. I'm taking a data structures class with them right now. I'm learning a lot but man their assignments are kinda hard LOL.

Another great wealth of information for me is PluralSight.com and Lynda.com. They're not free either but I had a year subscription from my previous school with them and they had some really good tutorial vids.

Thanks for sharing.

I think Coursera and edx.org are free anyway, no?

The Udemy ones I signed up for have good past ratings - so hopefully I won't have a problem.

GrayFoxPL

Difficult task. I mean even Namco dropped WTF in Tag2.

I know you're probably joking - but avoid generalizing women.
Mods will take it as sexism and ban you. We don't want you to be banned again. :p

They take everything as sexist. It's ridiculous. It doesn't matter what I get banned for, someone always finds a reason.

Sayah

Well, I have to say I really like the FC4. Just a matter of getting used to it.

I have to press things gently - whereas I'm used to mashing hard on the dualshocks. lol.

kdash7

Issue #2: I'm also having trouble doing qcf moves (outside of combos). I do them consistently on Dualshock 3. Still able to do them pretty regularly on DS4 - despite mistakes a few times. On FC4, I'm messing up often. Any tips to getting qcf moves down on this? Practice makes perfect?

Other than that, I like this controller. Nina's iws+1 is much easier to do on this.

Yeah it's does feel a bit uncomfortable holding the FC4 in the beginning. The more you use it, that feeling kinda goes away .. I'm used to the XB1 controller. Did u try rotating the dpad at 10 or 20 degree angle n then giving it a try? I keep fiddling with it..

Sayah

Yeah it's does feel a bit uncomfortable holding the FC4 in the beginning. The more you use it, that feeling kinda goes away .. I'm used to the XB1 controller. Did u try rotating the dpad at 10 or 20 degree angle n then giving it a try? I keep fiddling with it..

I haven't tried rotating it yet. Will try when I get on TTT2.

AAK

Difficult task. I mean even Namco dropped WTF in Tag2.

Oh no I'm sure this is gonna be grueling undertaking.... but I still want to try.

One of the other things that sparked my motivation to do this was after watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hRbwJp_szQ
(not talking about the last half of the vid that gets all depressing)

I'm telling myself that "I can accomplish this if I try" and going through with it to hopefully getting that valuable experience. And I think the fact that I'm doing something Tekken related will keep me motivated to constantly bang my head at all the problems I foresee happening.

And about WTF, I think the main thing which caused its shutdown is the insane bandwidth needed to store all that data and have it broadcast to everyone on Namco's own servers. If I can make something similar which is restricted to only GAF I think I can fit everything in a Microsoft or Amazon Server that they lease will only cost me around $6/month which I can afford.

Sayah

Fios is apparently "in my area" but not available "where I live." WTF Verizon?!??

I need to get rid of this shitty cable internet. I can't play Tag 2 online with what I currently have. The lag feels extra amplified.

I don't know how you other guys with cable internet do it. Videos load so slooooowlly, twitch keeps freezing, and games feel extra laggy online - even with supposedly "high" speeds.

lupinko

Hey MarkMan, can Korean levers and buttons go in a Sega panel like Astro or Blast City?

After I get my buddy to mod/upgrade my HSS-0130 and have a relative bring it to me, it'll have two options for swappable panels:

8 button stock panel - Seimitsu
6 button panel - Sanwa

I would definitely entertain Korean levers, the last time I used them were a long time ago on a wooden crown stick and buttons on PS2.

Which is more preferable again? Crown or Fanta?

I know Green Arcade uses a modified stick so that doesn't count.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hey man, I feel like you're a cool guy and I respect what you do.

It's got to be annoying to be only to say this sentence instead of what you actually want to tell us every month.

not really annoying that much... just excited for all the cool stuff as a fan. i still get goosebumps when i see the tekken 7 fr announcement trailer!

not really annoying that much... just excited for all the cool stuff as a fan. i still get goosebumps when i see the tekken 7 fr announcement trailer!
Mark money is a little tight for me right now so I would like to ask. Will it be worth it to go to Final Round this year similar to how it was last year or should I save my money?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Mark money is a little tight for me right now so I would like to ask. Will it be worth it to go to Final Round this year similar to how it was last year or should I save my money?

Did you enjoy last year? If you did. You'll probably enjoy this year even more.

Although, if money is tight. It's always best to save.

Pachimari

Madridista: I forgot to trade 3DS FC with you
Oh, just send me your 3DS FC in a PM, and I'll get around to it. :)

Cmr3s7t.jpg

I can also give her that assault rifle too and some shades.

See, that's my Josie. She's rocking it! I like her default costume a lot, especially as it represents the Filipino colors. I just want to get rid of the bow. And yes, try give her shades, would probably look cool on her.

I don't have PS4 yet, my PSN is SuperkingGCNET.
PSN?
Mine is NinthPixel
I'll add you two later today.

Well, I have to say I really like the FC4. Just a matter of getting used to it.

I have to press things gently - whereas I'm used to mashing hard on the dualshocks. lol.
It's interesting to follow your impressions, as I'm considering getting a FC4 as well.

Nuszka

For qcf moves fiddle around with the circle lever on the opposite side of the dpad, try setting it to L which will make the inputs so much easier to perform, on the other note setting it to S-strickt will make diagonal inputs pretty hard to hit.
On the design side i actually like it, as i always hold my controller with my left palm, right hand rests like on a stick, i don't use any short cuts though.
I think its a good pad for SF with those 6x face buttons.
After a while some of the buttons lost their responsiveness so i just went back to my old SixAxis.

Who? Josie? It's so out of place. I wish she talked Tagalog or even Taglish, instead of saying "You are gonna cry!" and "I can't believe I won". Please Bandai Namco?

They used to be so good with native languages as well, but since bloodline rebellion, they have just been lazy. I mean Lars is Swedish so he speak Japanese? I mean come on. Same with Alisa she is supposed to be a Russian-made robot right?!

Pachimari

They used to be so good with native languages as well, but since bloodline rebellion, they have just been lazy. I mean Lars is Swedish so he speak Japanese? I mean come on. Same with Alisa she is supposed to be a Russian-made robot right?!

I thought they were doing more work, to do native languages for Tag 2 though?

lupinko

Ahh, yea just found/remembered that eddy and christie speak Portuguese! and Miguel speaking Spanish. Is there any new native languages in T7?

Modern Standard Arabic - Shaheen
Italian - Claudio

Edit:

Lars is Heihachi's son, he's half-Japanese. They redid his face in Tekken 7 so he looks more Nordic as opposed to a Jrock singer.

You answered your own question for Alisa, she's a robot, she can be programmed to speak any language.

Xiao speaks Japanese because she goes to school in Japan, and even though Tagalog would be better for Josie, English is one of the languages of the Philippines besides Filipino and its dialects and Spanish.

I just mentioned that last part for whatever.

Did you enjoy last year? If you did. You'll probably enjoy this year even more.

Although, if money is tight. It's always best to save.
I missed Final Round last year for the first time in forever Mark. Had to cancel last minute due to unforseen circumstances.

The issue with money comes from the lack of interest to go to Final Round from other peoole in Upstate. It's one thing to go down with 3 to 5 guys from your scene and split a room & expenses. It's another to go alone & pay for 3 nights at a hotel for just yourself.

That's why I ask if it's going to be worth it for me to go. If as a Tekken fan it will be more enjoyable than last year as you have said then I'll take a serious look into fiting it into my budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom