• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

Hwoarang's T7 outfit is the same as his T6 outfit but replacing the dark green coloured decors with orange, the same way Law's T7 outfit is the same as T6 but replacing black with yellow and Jack having his T6 outfit + neon highlights.

Pachimari

Whoa, I thought Jack-7's mohawk was new, but I'm reminded he have had a mohawk for years. He really did look new and refreshed to me at his reveal though, with those crazy colors and neon lights. But yeah, it's not actually new.

Manbig

Has that been his new nickname since Bob were introduced?

People used to call Hwo Bob, because his name was hard to pronounce. Then they came along and introduced actual Bob. Guess ZTS is just going back to that since Bob is not around at the moment, and hopefully stays gone forever.

Pachimari

People used to call Hwo Bob, because his name was hard to pronounce. Then they came along and introduced actual Bob. Guess ZTS is just going back to that since Bob is not around at the moment, and hopefully stays gone forever.

Yeah, I know this already. That is why I asked him, if Hwoarang got a new nickname, since Bob were introduced.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Jack already has a new design. Lights coming out of him and a Mohawk. He looks different to other games. :)

He's always had a mohawk. And the lights are just the lines he's had since Tekken 5, only they glow now.

That's like calling Law's gold pants a new look.

Nuszka

Thanks for some really nice games GrayFox, had to adjust myself to your play style as you have noticed at the start. Last view games i tried to be way more defensive then usual, waiting for the openings.
We had some really close games , that double KO was soooo good .
Love your Paul mix ups, but as you said in one of your posts, try to stay calm and not mash. There were some moments where i would stay to calm (lol) not doing anything.

This is what i bloody love about Tekken - the mind games, mix ups, so many players use different ways of thinking to which you have to adjust.
I want to play more!!! Why do i have to go to work :(

GrayFoxPL

Thanks for some really nice games GrayFox, had to adjust myself to your play style as you have noticed at the start. Last view games i tried to be way more defensive then usual, waiting for the openings.
We had some really close games , that double KO was soooo good .
Love your Paul mix ups, but as you said in one of your posts, try to stay calm and not mash. There were some moments where i would stay to calm (lol) not doing anything.

This is what i bloody love about Tekken - the mind games, mix ups, so many players use different ways of thinking to which you have to adjust.
I want to play more!!! Why do i have to go to work :(

Great games, really close. I got hit with billions of Jack's ff+1+2, lol. You were on point with those. So fast I couldn't react even If I saw it. J6 is very hard to play(I tried and failed) so to get so good with the "tank" is impressive. Your Bruce is very dangerous too. I decided to eat those low kicks instead of elbow launcher. Yeah against Paul you need to be calm or else he scores counter hits from people rushing in.

We have pretty great connection so those matches are a pleasure, win or lose.

You work very late, night shift?

GrayFoxPL

We called Hwoarang Bob forever. Since that's too confusing I just call him K-Bob now.

This was American thing mostly, I think. In Poland it was always Hwoarang, mostly because Taekwondo was huge here in the 90's and everyone and their sister practiced TKD.
My sister too when we were kids, lol.

illK6U.gif

GrayFoxPL

I love Miguel's fighting style.

"Ancient Chinese Martial Arts? I'll show you some Spanish Martial Arts after I finish this Tequila!"

ff+2,1 is almost as satisfying as deathfist.

"Ancient Chinese Martial Arts? I'll show you some Spanish Martial Arts after I finish this Tequila!"

Same,

None of the T6 newcomers really bother me that much. I particularly like Miguel and Leo though.

Mizerman

The cast are no match for Miguel's punch-you-in-the-face-until-you-die fighting style.

Sayah

I have to admit I am little sad how Namco is treating some of the new T6 characters.

Not bob, but Muguel, Zaf.
As I said before, I would've taken Zafina/Miguel over Leo/Lars any day of the week.

The only reason Lars was popular before is because of how insanely good he was. Now that he got the nerf bat, I barely ever see him being played on streams/videos.

At least Zafina still maintained a dedicated fanbase despite being B tier.

GrayFoxPL

Guys, I know I'm repeating shit, but please, does anyone really believes that out of 29 characters 0 low stance aka relax/sleep/tarantula is a coincidence? Character preference? Suddenly Lei or Capoeiras are not popular in Tekken?

I'm just thinking they have little idea right now how to implement those characters into T7 system. I'm sure devs are not dumb and they tested those characters on dummy models million times already in T7.

Just put yourself in the shoes of a guy who has to get those characters into T7.
You can't float them with well stuck ws or other attack. You can't bound them since new bounds go from side to side and are from mid to high instead of hitting downwards. New oki system pushes grounded characters back far after one hit and new getup system allows for even safer stand up.
Before Heihachi could fire up hellsweep machine and just pick up those fools right off the ground - he can't anymore.

Now try implementing said characters so that the fight doesn't look like a shit show.

Lei, Eddy, Zafina (even Kuma) are a real pain in the ass for them. I believe they are not in T7 because putting them in isn't as straightforward as eg. Nina.

They know people will be asking about Lei Wulong till eternity. So they'll have to do something. No one will let it slide.

That's why I'm wondering if FR could have physics revamped, those on grounded characters I mean. Like less pushback. Even more additional damage. Or even refloats in certain conditions. I don't know, hopes are in FR's "freshness".

My Idea if I was to put Lei/Eddy/Zaf/Kuma in T7 would put a special condition so that most moves from special grounded stance would be considered airborne(even if they don't look that) so that if eg. Kazuya did ws+4 early enough it would float them for a juggle. Faster frames would still beat slower of course. That would be some kind of balance right?

What is funny is that they could just make "clone" characters with just mix of old character's moves without grounded stances - problem solved.
Leila Anastasia Wulong ready to fight.

/facepalm

I know some of you guys will say Grayfox is bullshitting and trolling T7 again and generally talking out of his ass. It's ok, I'm talking for myself.
But really disregard everything and look at the roster again - 29 characters, 0 low stances, straightforward stand up fighting for everyone. Anything?

Manbig

It's a good time to be a TEKKEN fan :)

So Bob is confirmed to not be in and Marduk is going to be added in FR? If you don't respond to this, then I will assume that I am right, but if you do respond to this and say that they aren't, then I'll know that you were lying when you posted this.

Pick your poison!

I think I might just play with Jin forever now.

Assuming that he doesn't get nerfed in FR, it's a great time to play as him.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I have highly classified intel that Markman is teasing the return of both Roger Jr. and Roger Sr. with Alex as a bonus.

I'm all for bringing back the ground stance characters as long as they make ground hits at 125% damage rather than normal damage.

Yeah you get one hit, but make it hurt.

Numb

Nice Gray
Lack of grounded is weird. Lei is too obvious and even capos. Need Zaf and a new type of bear(not polar kuma cos that shit was freaky)

Pokken has such a huge potential roster tyhere is no point bothering

My problem with Lei being in that list is that while his ground stance is a big part of his game, you really don't pick him up like you do Eddy. Eddy is the only character I could possibly buy that argument with.

GrayFoxPL

My problem with Lei being in that list is that while his ground stance is a big part of his game, you really don't pick him up like you do Eddy. Eddy is the only character I could possibly buy that argument with.

You could bound him on counter hit if he twitched with moves like Kaz's db+2 or Steve's ff+2 like anyone really.

Breh I forgot even Online tournaments can make you tense.

I needed it though. Playing in Pixel's tournament atm. In losers because I was late in my first match. Currently 2-1. Got either obscure or BlazinPeanut next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom