• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jin surrounded by weirdos
Guessing that last slot is for Akumer
Hope he is OP so he gets some use before nerfing him.

otmm.gif

lupinko

Anyone using the Hori Fighting Commander 4?

I'm going to buy a custom Saturn adapter using that as a base, I was wondering how that Hori does for lag in general.

Because that Teyah site claims it has lag compared to say the PS360+, which unfortunately suffers from the 8-minute timeout.

Some people on SRK Tech Talk have doubts on his tests too, and I wanted to know from GAF on your take on the Hori Fighting Commander 4.

Is this 7 or FR, I don't see Akuma.

It's vanilla 7, and it's a photoshop. If it was FR, then there should be new renders for the new defaults right? Also it's missing Akuma.

Dereck

So which one of you Tekken nerds is buying SFV on PS4.

I might buy the game depending on how many answers I get.

I'm referring to American boyz as well.

Sayah

I don't think I'm getting SFV until there's a price drop. It's going to be $30 more for the season pass. I can't see myself shelling out $90 for a game I'm probably not going to play that much.

My focus is going to be re-playing Twilight Princess in HD, enjoying Dark Souls 3, and also getting into Pokken.

I'm going to buy a custom Saturn adapter using that as a base, I was wondering how that Hori does for lag in general.

Because that Teyah site claims it has lag compared to say the PS360+, which unfortunately suffers from the 8-minute timeout.

Some people on SRK Tech Talk have doubts on his tests too, and I wanted to know from GAF on your take on the Hori Fighting Commander 4.

I just started using the Hori FC4. It has made things like Nina's iWS+1 loops easier but at the same time I'm having difficulty adjusting to movement and doing qcf attacks.

I haven't noticed "lag" but usually not keen in noticing these type of things anyways.

kdash7

It's vanilla 7, and it's a photoshop. If it was FR, then there should be new renders for the new defaults right? Also it's missing Akuma.

I am. I like the dpad and I think it's currently one of the better dpad out there of all gamepads(never used the Saturn dpad). Performing kdb, wd n electrics have been pretty easy. The ergonomics of FC4 isn't that great.. but it's grown on me.

kdash7

Sayah/Lupinko I just found out from the Madcatz sfv stick n pad thread that there is a new Hori Fighting commander pad!!

hyGdrxN.jpg

It's without the rotating dpad and the controller looks great n comfortable to hold!! I need this!!

Pachimari

Sayah/Lupinko I just found out from the Madcatz sfv stick n pad thread that there is a new Hori Fighting commander pad!!

hyGdrxN.jpg

It's without the rotating dpad and the controller looks great n comfortable to hold!! I need this!!

I thought the Fighting Commander 4 were preferred to this one?

GrayFoxPL

I don't have anything to play SFV with. What should I do, play with analog? Or buy madcatz fightpad for the 3rd time only to throw it into closet again?

I hate this fucking generation of consoles.

Ps3 allowed any fucking usb pad imaginable.

Fucking Sony, Capcom and Madcatz.

Sayah

Played some of the SFV beta. Rashid and Karin are fun.

Though, it's sad to see the story mode is going to be a powerpoint presentation.

I want the game to be very successful but don't see myself spending much time with it.

Played some of the SFV beta. Rashid and Karin are fun.

Though, it's sad to see the story mode is going to be a powerpoint presentation.

I want the game to be very successful but don't see myself spending much time with it.

You should check out the story trailer then.

Sayah

You should check out the story trailer then.

The tutorial uses the same art as the story mode (based on the trailer with a look at modes/features), in which case I imagine there will be a slideshow format for the storytelling. But would be great if I'm wrong.

I don't care about story in fighting games anyway - but it'll hurt casual appeal.

The tutorial uses the same art as the story mode (based on the trailer with a look at modes/features), in which case I imagine there will be a slideshow format for the storytelling. But would be great if I'm wrong.

I don't care about story in fighting games anyway - but it'll hurt casual appeal.

There is a cinematic story mode trailer that showcases all the story bells and whistles similar to what MKX has, it just won't be in the game until the summer.

I don't think I'm getting SFV until there's a price drop. It's going to be $30 more for the season pass. I can't see myself shelling out $90 for a game I'm probably not going to play that much.

Why would you pay for the season pass? You can get characters by playing the game.

AZUMIKE

After adjusting the button layout, I really enjoyed playing Rashid in the beta. Most fun I've had playing Street Fighter in a while.

Not sure if I'll get around to purchasing the game, but I'd recommend it!

Mizerman

Eh. Mortal Kombat's story is just another fighting game story to me. Rebooted or not.

Guess that's why I wasn't really gushing about MKX's story.

Eh. Mortal Kombat's story is just another fighting game story to me. Rebooted or not.

Guess that's why I wasn't really gushing about MKX's story.

The plot of MKX's story leaves a lot to be desired, but you just have to admire the effort netherrealm puts into these things, you know. Compare this to garbage like Scenario Campaign or SC5 story mode.

Mizerman

The plot of MKX's story leaves a lot to be desired, but you just have to admire the effort netherrealm puts into these things, you know. Compare this to garbage like Scenario Campaign or SC5 story mode.

Oh believe me, I'm not knocking Netherrealm's efforts with their story. Especially the reboot timeline. They set what they had to do, and reaped the benefits of that work. And yeah, I was very disappointed with the Scenario Campaign and SCV's story.

Dereck

Remember this?

5qWL5Ao.png

This is not the issue.

He can keep putting those costumes in the new games, as long as there are at least 3-4 alternate (Bandai Namco) created costumes. The ability to customize characters is a moot point if all I can do is add accessories and stupid shit like jeans with chaps, tennis shoes, ice cream cones and cartoonish tops. I want to see real costumes that these characters would actually wear.

Here's an example, there is no way Paul walks around in that red gi all of the time. You think this guy ride's his bike in his gi? Man, the default Tekken 7 costume for Paul should have been a biker's outfit with his hair down, while wearing a black bandana, that would be sick.

The bigger issue is that with Tekken, these are presented as real people, so over the course of the series, they have aged, done new things, and have had their storylines progress. In Tekken 3-5 we can see in some ending movies/storylines where the character is not wearing his or her in-game costume. So, when I see them wearing the same costume, it takes me out of the realism of the game. Unless Tekken 5-7 is legitimately only 1 year in Tekken time, then I wouldn't mind. Where the fuck has Jin's school costume been, is he still in school? Tekken has kind of said fuck you to this idea I think.

Someone come in here in tell me I'm wrong because I would love to be told that, I don't think anything I've said is based on anything other than fuzzy memory evidence.

EDIT: I'm gonna use Nina as an example, let's see how many costumes I can count, and I bet you (Tekken GAF), that none of these costumes have been brought to any newer Tekkens.

Bam, Tekken 1, 2 costumes already.

HDWjNn3.jpg

The 2P costume we never see again ever, and the purple costume has been changed over and over.

z4yQrXo.jpg

In Tekken 2 the purple costume was changed again, and she's wearing a green costume which we also never see again.

h4hXevw.jpg

Nina, frankly looking stylish as fuck in Tekken 3, look at this costume, perfect, but Harada said fuck it.

7rrcqLk.jpg

CauzK0R.jpg

Another different looking purple costume.

2 more completely distinctive costumes from Tag.

4jMLH39.jpg

Nina with a bun? Pretty cool, 2 more costumes, with purple one looking more similar to Tekken 5/6/Tag 2

uqCiBBG.jpg

A gold costume from Tekken 5

3Qfvwx9.jpg

Red jacket/white pants from Tekken 6, where did it go?

YgIoP2A.png

rOSiIRx.jpg
XwdcCT9.jpg

Let's count how many costumes Nina has had.

1. Purple T1 outfit with ankle brace
2. Black T1 outfit
3. T2 fatigues
4. Purple T2 outfit
5. Red leopard shirt with black pants
6. Tag 1 red outfit
7. Tag 1 blue outfit
8. T4 Violet outfit
9. T5 gold outfit
10. Blood Vengeance
11. Red jacket/white pants
12. Death by Degrees

Wouldn't it be cool if we could just unlock these costumes in game, or have them as DLC, or....something?

In Tekken Tag 2, I'm able to buy Law's 2P outfit from Tekken 4/5/6, you can also buy Hwoarang's 1P outfit from Tekken 3, just more of this, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom