• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

:O

Am I seeing this correctly?

You can now sidestep transition from d/f+1,2?
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CZuTkYWUUAAPgSD.mp4
I'm just trying to be positive. I'm tired of the negative attitude about TEKKEN.

Well, it has been a lot more positive lately thanks to the changes we're seeing with FR.

The location tests are happening soon - so looking forward to that.

Honestly, we've got SFV, Twilight Princess, Pokken, and Dark Souls 3 releasing soon, but I'm more excited for more Tekken 7 info.

Dereck

I'm just trying to be positive. I'm tired of the negative attitude about TEKKEN.
I haven't seen any negative attitudes lately.

I'm only gonna speak for myself here, I still haven't played Tekken 7 before, and I've been watching the game on YouTube since 2014. I'm not making excuses or anything, I'm just trying to give you my perspective.

Pachimari

Since the Fated Retribution announcement, people have been pretty positive towards Tekken, both here in this thread and over on Gaming side.

I really would like an announcement of Lei Wulong soon though. ;)

Dereck

MarkMan, if you're referring specifically to GAF's attitude, uhh..we ain't shit, really.

If you're referring to the overall general attitude towards Tekken, then I don't know anything about that.

Dereck

x3k0Q0q.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm sure the console release date will be revealed when they're ready. The arcade version of T7FR isn't even out yet, so yeah.

Dereck

Right, so it's just back to more of this.

giphy.gif

That's cool. Some day in the future the game will come out, that's the most realistic and neutral thing I have to say on this thing.

AAK

There is this guy AAK, you'd love him.

Has it really come to a point where we just make posts about each other pointing fingers and don't even discuss the game? Even if I come off as negative I still focus my comments about the game and not talk about other people directly. If you want to call me out then quote my exact post and discuss the actual bloody game rather than this ad hominem bullshit.

I just want Tekken to be the best IP in entertainment. I want DIMPS, NRS, AM2, ArcSys, you name it come look at this series for inspiration like the entire gaming industry used to. But whatever, having to explain my intentions to you at this point is a waste of time.

Sayah

I'm sure the console release date will be revealed when they're ready. The arcade version of T7FR isn't even out yet, so yeah.

Mr. Murray is saying there's a lot in the works for this year. Having only T7FR presence at tournaments throughout 2016 will not matter to the 98% of fans that can't travel - so I'm almost very positive we will get a console release date this year.

Just a matter of announcing when. Hopefully Sony E3 Conference at latest.

Sayah

It's interesting how Pokken was released in arcades after Tekken 7 and will be coming to console before Tekken 7.
Better get that release in before the Wii U is completely dead.

Maybe Sony should announce PlayStation 5 so Tekken 7 can release. >_>

Has it really come to a point where we just make posts about each other pointing fingers and don't even discuss the game? Even if I come off as negative I still focus my comments about the game and not talk about other people directly. If you want to call me out then quote my exact post and discuss the actual bloody game rather than this ad hominem bullshit.

I just want Tekken to be the best IP in entertainment. I want DIMPS, NRS, AM2, ArcSys, you name it come look at this series for inspiration like the entire gaming industry used to. But whatever, having to explain my intentions to you at this point is a waste of time.

You're fine AAK.

Most of your complaints are completely legit.
Just realize this - HD development costs a lot more and companies are going to look to cut corners wherever they can. The Japanese gaming industry is especially in a glut of sorts right now. Just be glad we're getting a new Tekken and aren't holding a funeral service for the series at this point (poor Virtua Fighter fans). Even Capcom needs life support from SONY to build SFV.

Rajang

For me personally Tekken 7 has been nothing but hype, especially after the Fated Retribution reveal trailer.

I cant wait to see some FR gameplay in the coming weeks.

lupinko

Other than saying the hair is bad (which is not Namco's fault, that's an Unreal Engine problem since UE3 last gen), I'm always positive about Tekken!

Also being able to play the game helps, I figure most of the negativity in this thread is mainly due to a majority of the posters having no access to the game.

MarkMan, as a fan I can just hope for a release someday. However, if I put my business suit on; Why in the world would you put a stop to such a profitable venture? The draw to arcade Tekken 7 is the online play now, making tons of money, but a person can totally get that in their home. Just announcing a console release date would hurt the arcade scene far worse than it ever has in the past.

I take my business suit off and cry, because there is a very real chance Tekken 7 will never come out on console. This thing could very well be a wild-goose chase. Even if Harada and his team wants to release it on console, the higher ups can turn that down. And before you call me negative, I am on my second year of running online Tekken Tag 2 tournaments. Putting so much blood, sweat and tears into staying with Tekken as long as I can. If Tag 2 is the last Tekken I get to play, I am going to put all the time I can into it.

sasuke_91

Not really negativity, just a little disappointment because we have to wait so long for the game to be able to play it. I don't want T7 to end up like T6.
Remember the PS2 times when Tekken was a system seller? The PS4 has been out for a few years now and there's no Tekken on that console yet. Even the PS3 had T5:DR Online. That's why I want T7 to come out as soon as possible.

There is this guy AAK, you'd love him.

Could we please not start stuff like this?

EDIT: @NinthPixel: T7 is already announced for PS4. This wouldn't have happened if the higher-ups were to cut it off.

Bruh it was a joke chill. You've seen me actually go in on people. This is not it. I'm just teasing.

Dereck

lol, see, people all really have the same attitude.

We just want to play.

Check out some posts from the Nina trailer thread.

Looks outstanding. Is this coming to consoles or what?

Yeah no date though yet.

Haven't played a tekken game in years but those graphics look awesome. Hope this comes out on consoles soon.

When is this coming to consoles?

Still no console release date?

The wait for this game is incredibly annoying.

I think your dreaming. The launch plans of Tekken console are always hush hush until they get their arcade money.

Looks freaking awesome. I need this game now :0

Gosh! I really want it to come to PC... Come on Namco, bring it over already.

man this game looks great

wish they were less stingy about console details

It was funny seeing Tekken 7 at EVO last year, with so many people entering just so that they could play the game. I would have done the same thing if I was able to go last year.

Dereck

I was complaining, but FR kind of addressed most of my complaints. My thoughts on the game at this point is that it could use more stages, but that doesn't really matter since I think we're getting more anyway?

I'm like your little brother behind you, reaching my hand out, "hey, hey, lemme play."

"Hey, it's my turn, lemme play."

"Can I play now? Lemme play bro."

sasuke_91

I was complaining, but FR kind of addressed most of my complaints. My thoughts on the game at this point is that it could use more stages, but that doesn't really matter since I think we're getting more anyway?

I'm like your little brother behind you, reaching my hand out, "hey, hey, lemme play."

"Hey, it's my turn, lemme play."

"Can I play now? Lemme play bro."

And the big brother is like "No, you won't play now!"

"But when can I play?"

"When I say you can"

"But you're an asshole"

"Deal with it. If you want to play so badly go visit your friend who lives 5000km away. He has the game as well"

And the little brother runs out of the room crying.

See Harada? You make us cry over a game like little boys. :(

Numb

I like the new Nina look
But a bride costume? Seems so generic like having uniforms or some such
Wish it was a unique thing with no ties to anything

Sayah

lol, see, people all really have the same attitude.

We just want to play.

Check out some posts from the Nina trailer thread.

It was funny seeing Tekken 7 at EVO last year, with so many people entering just so that they could play the game. I would have done the same thing if I was able to go last year.

Meanwhile, MarkMan's got his own arcade kit from Namco.

So jelly. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom